WootBot

quality posts: 15 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Pear Valley Vineyards

In these last few days before the official start of Fall, let's raise a glass to those fun Summer moments we had this year! There was... Well, we... But I'm forgetting... You know what? This Summer kinda sucked. Instead, let's toast the coming Fall with these special deals from Pear Valley Vineyards.
Pear Valley official site

Facebook

Quality Posts

Cesare

quality posts: 1676 Private Messages Cesare

Pear Valley Vineyards

Pear Valley Paso Robles 2010 Chardonnay Mix 4-Pack
$53.99 (Normally $72.00) 25% off List Price
2 2010 Chardonnay, Pear Valley Vineyard
2 2010 Tom's Oak Chardonnay, Pear Valley Vineyard

Pear Valley Paso Robles Red Mix 3-Pack
$41.99 (Normally $56.00) 25% off List Price
2007 Syrah, Pear Valley Vineyard
2009 Inspiration, Estate Bottled
2009 Grenache

Pear Valley Paso Robles 2007 Cab and Syrah Mix 4-Pack
$59.99 (Normally $86.00) 30% off List Price
2 2007 Syrah, Pear Valley Vineyard
2 2007 Cabernet Sauvignon, Pear Valley Vineyard

Pear Valley Paso Robles Syrah 4-Pack
$49.99 (Normally $72.00) 31% off List Price
2 2008 Syrah, Pear Valley Vineyard
2 2007 Syrah, Pear Valley Vineyard

Previous offers:
2/11/11 (Syrah)
4/18/11 (Chard)
9/23/11 (Grenache, woot-off)

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple
Exalted High Tastemaster Supreme
“In the entire world there are only a few sounds that bring joy to all but the most jaded. One is the murmur of a kitten purring. Another is the thwack of a well-pitched baseball hitting a perfectly swung bat. And the third is the pop of a cork being pulled from a bottle of wine.” —George Taber

patriciakenny

quality posts: 2 Private Messages patriciakenny

Hi everyone. This is Patricia, Manager at Pear Valley Vineyard & Winery. Please let me know if you have any questions for me regarding our wines. Would love to hear from you. Cheers!

North316

quality posts: 107 Private Messages North316
patriciakenny wrote:Hi everyone. This is Patricia, Manager at Pear Valley Vineyard & Winery. Please let me know if you have any questions for me regarding our wines. Would love to hear from you. Cheers!

I'll jump in here with some questions. I'm debating on the reds here. Do you guys grow all of your grapes, or are some of them sourced from elsewhere?

I don't think I need to ask about any additional of acid, or dilution to lower alcohol, it's pretty clear that isn't going on with the numbers I am seeing. However, is there megared or megapurple added to any of these wines?

Any residual sugar on any of the reds or are they all fermented dry?

Judging by the higher PH and higher alcohol on these wines, I would definitely lean them towards the new world - fruit forward spectrum and say at this point that that are probably drinking near their best now, but able to cellar for a couple years, while not providing much benefit. Would you agree or am I missing something here?

Though CT reviews across the board aren't very kind to you, the Syrah looks like it might be right up my alley. How would you compare and contrast the 2007 with the 2008?

Thanks for stopping by!

My CT
"Trust your homies on the net", Clark Smith.
R.I.P. Inkycatz - Feb. 2013

patriciakenny

quality posts: 2 Private Messages patriciakenny

Hello North316.

All of grapes our estate grown. We do not outsource for our grapes.

There is no megared or megapurple added to our wines.

There is 0% residual sugar.

We had hot summers in 2007 and 2008, as Paso Robles tends to have. Due to this, Paso Robles wines are apt to be a little higher in alcohol. They are proving to age very well. Both wines still have a tannic finish, especially the 2007.

The 2007 Syrah is spicy whereas the 2008 Syrah has a fruitier finish. I love them both.

I hope this helps.

kylemittskus

quality posts: 232 Private Messages kylemittskus

I'm not a huge fan of the wines, but SWMBO is. Also, SWMBO and I visited the winery last year and were treated wonderfully. SWMBO also went to the winery on her bachelorette party and she/her group were treated equally well.

I'll ask SWMBO tomorrow if she wants in.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen