kittymac


quality posts: 6 Private Messages kittymac

I've had a few really interesting wines from the region lately and plan to explore the regions wines a bit more. Have you has any interesting, exceptional, delicious or surprising wines from South Africa? If so, please share.

Thanks
kM

chipgreen


quality posts: 184 Private Messages chipgreen
kittymac wrote:I've had a few really interesting wines from the region lately and plan to explore the regions wines a bit more. Have you has any interesting, exceptional, delicious or surprising wines from South Africa? If so, please share.

Thanks
kM



You might try Ken Forrester's "Petit" wines. Great QPR at around $10/bottle. There's a Cab/Merlot blend, a Pinotage and a Chenin Blanc. Seven Sisters also makes a good Chenin Blanc for around $10.

If you like sweet wines the Jam Jar Sweet Shiraz is always popular and is also around $10. I'm seeing a theme here....

nealkb


quality posts: 13 Private Messages nealkb
chipgreen wrote:You might try Ken Forrester's "Petit" wines. Great QPR at around $10/bottle. There's a Cab/Merlot blend, a Pinotage and a Chenin Blanc. Seven Sisters also makes a good Chenin Blanc for around $10.

If you like sweet wines the Jam Jar Sweet Shiraz is always popular and is also around $10. I'm seeing a theme here....



I was recommended this by my local BevMo,http://www.wine.com/V6/Boekenhoutskloof-The-Wolftrap-2011/wine/115552/detail.aspx?state=CA. I havent tried this bottle out, but I did see it at a wine bar in SF recently.

Neal K Bharadwaj

polarbear22


quality posts: 35 Private Messages polarbear22
nealkb wrote:I was recommended this by my local BevMo,http://www.wine.com/V6/Boekenhoutskloof-The-Wolftrap-2011/wine/115552/detail.aspx?state=CA. I havent tried this bottle out, but I did see it at a wine bar in SF recently.


Wolftrap was recommended here a few years back. Very good. Blend has changed though. There is also a white. They also make a more expensive red called The Chocolate Block that I like.

Polar bears are meant to be clever, very clever. They are the Einsteins of the bear community. - Anonymous
Please donate to the 2014 MS Bike Ride
Want to read what SonomaBouliste has to say about wine?
Ddeuddeg Cheesecake Cookbook
My Cellar

kittymac


quality posts: 6 Private Messages kittymac

Thanks all. Had a fantastic Hamilton Russell Chard the other night. Looking forward to trying more your suggestions.