bhodilee

quality posts: 32 Private Messages bhodilee
mother wrote:Two things:
1) There is no way in hell a 747 carrying the space shuttle can do a loop. (Pretty sure an empty one carrying nothing can't do a loop)

2) If they were low enough on fuel to skip a planned maneuver, someone is getting in trouble for the fuel plan!

1) I think in this context loop means horizontal, not a loop like a rollercoaster. like a figure 8 type thing.

2) If they get fired they can come work for us. We don't ever mention Gaaar, Peter! like that. Don't park in the garage though!

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."

– George Bernard Shaw, author (1856-1950)

chemvictim

quality posts: 4 Private Messages chemvictim
polarbear22 wrote:You all are way behind. Especially on the west coast. Our night of pubbing is coming to a close. Four pubs for the night. Beers here are more filling.

Good night all.

Oooh fun!

mother

quality posts: 15 Private Messages mother
bhodilee wrote:1) I think in this context loop means horizontal, not a loop like a rollercoaster. like a figure 8 type thing.

You mean fly in a circle? ;)

bsevern

quality posts: 110 Private Messages bsevern
trifecta wrote:I was over on the other side of the freeway from you. Pretty cool. Thought they were going to do a loop for Ames, but I think they had to do an extra loop in SF so they were most likely running late/low on fuel.

The best part was that they dropped to 1000ft for the NASA fly by.

Yeah it was super low, was really nice to see it.

We were listening to a streaming online radio station giving play by play sighting reports. I heard they did some extra "stops" as they zig-zagged around the bay area this morning.

bsevern

quality posts: 110 Private Messages bsevern
mother wrote:You mean fly in a circle? ;)

How about we settle on an oval

MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 187 Private Messages MarkDaSpark
mommadeb1 wrote:I don't think I have seen that one... will have to check it out...

It's a classic. All the actors are great, and it pretty much all takes place in the Jury Room & bathroom.

So no real distractions from pure acting ability.

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

bhodilee

mother wrote:You mean fly in a circle? ;)

yes whatever. I called my Geometry teacher by his first name and told him was completely useless as a person/teacher so I don't do "geometry" very well.

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."

bhodilee

MarkDaSpark wrote:It's a classic. All the actors are great, and it pretty much all takes place in the Jury Room & bathroom.

So no real distractions from pure acting ability.

makes sense. my best work usually gets done in the bathroom.

chemvictim

It's the autumn equinox, aka wine harvest! As if I needed a reason to celebrate wine. I've been reading about ideas for Mabon celebrations and now I'm feeling quite fall-ish. I need to go out and get some fall decor!

ddeuddeg

quality posts: 35 Private Messages ddeuddeg
tiger7610 wrote:d-dog is switching to chat speak? Run away the world is ending!

"Always keep a bottle of Champagne in the fridge for special occasions. Sometimes the special occasion is that you've got a bottle of Champagne in the fridge". - Hester Browne

Ddeuddeg's Cheesecake Cookbook

MarkDaSpark

I'm so tempted to get the Goggle Camcorder up on Tech.Woot right now.

Except I don't think people will want to watch me do nothing but watch my wine.

*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

tiger7610

quality posts: 17 Private Messages tiger7610

We might watch you drink your wine, but that will never happen. I think they will make more Firefly before you drink any large chunk of your wine collection

cheron98

quality posts: 123 Private Messages cheron98
tiger7610 wrote:We might watch you drink your wine, but that will never happen. I think they will make more Firefly before you drink any large chunk of your wine collection

True story: earlier this week HAK and I were talking about The Avengers and how he hasn't seen it yet. I said it was awesome, and asked if he knew why it was awesome, and told him because it was Joss Whedon. To my horror, the next words he said were "Who's Joss Whedon?" We were about to have a very serious problem.

Once I mentioned Buffy, Angel, Firefly... he then knew. But I was momentarily horrified. And then I turned Browncoat on him and ranted about Fox's awful treatment of Firefly.

I saw HitAnyKey42 on wine.woot! and clicked "I want one!"

cheron98

quality posts: 123 Private Messages cheron98

Also, I am currently in NJ with HAK, the Hobbit, molarchae, and my family, awaiting everyone to wake up (why am I awake???) And for the Trio to arrive (though they may be one short) because it's dress shopping weekend! And HAK is buying a car from my dad. it shall be a good weekend!!

I saw HitAnyKey42 on wine.woot! and clicked "I want one!"

mother

cheron98 wrote:And HAK is buying a car from my dad. it shall be a good weekend!!

Don't forget to have him show you the Sienna while you guys are over there! ;)

tiger7610

cheron98 wrote:Also, I am currently in NJ with HAK, the Hobbit, molarchae, and my family, awaiting everyone to wake up (why am I awake???) And for the Trio to arrive (though they may be one short) because it's dress shopping weekend! And HAK is buying a car from my dad. it shall be a good weekend!!

Awesome, also even I in my under rock existence has heard of Joss, still working on finishing Firefly and working through Buffy. Since I'm watching it with a friend and we are both in grad school its a bit slow. But awesome that you made to NJ. Try to stay calm, and have fun shopping. Also we want pics of the new Hak mobile.

HitAnyKey42

quality posts: 29 Private Messages HitAnyKey42
cheron98 wrote:Also, I am currently in NJ with HAK, the Hobbit, molarchae, and my family, awaiting everyone to wake up (why am I awake???) And for the Trio to arrive (though they may be one short) because it's dress shopping weekend! And HAK is buying a car from my dad. it shall be a good weekend!!

I HAZ Prius c!!

Now to go golfing with the father-in-law-to-be while the girls are all off dress shopping.

My Cellar
In a Glorious Marriage.Woot with cheron98
NYC Tastings

chemvictim

HitAnyKey42 wrote:I HAZ Prius c!!

Love the color!

karenhynes

quality posts: 11 Private Messages karenhynes

snip (pretty picture)

Congrats on the new wheels!!! Very nice!

Wine is bottled poetry - Robert Louis Stevenson

bahwm

quality posts: 34 Private Messages bahwm

Oh, grrrr! I need to vent: I decided to use our local Fed/Ex Kinko's location for my shipping address for wine.woot. Not a problem there. However, I did not change it for some purchases that I made on kids and home during the last woot-off. I just got a call from the FedEx location on the landline (not sure how they got that number--I use my cell # on my label--more convenient for pick-up after work) --someone whose name I do not recognize--nicely explaining that they have a few items that were delivered there that were shipped by the USPS and that they are not able to accept these items. I apologized and asked if they did keep them just this once. They said that they had. Of course, now I'm wondering what has been delivered. It appears to be only one package. So, I check on my other items: one of them is going UPS and is currently scheduled for delivery to FedEx on Tues! I KNOW that they do not accept items from the brown truck! I think I can schedule that to be held at our depot. Urg! I guess I've have to try service and maybe they can change the address labels on the other items if they have not shipped yet. Gotta go out in a little bit, so I'll do that contact later and make the stop at FedEx on my way home. Most of them know me, so I hope it won't be too bad. Christmas is coming!

End rant!

May our love be like good wine, grow stronger as it grows older. ~ Old English Toast

rjquillin

quality posts: 189 Private Messages rjquillin

Exactly, THIS!

bahwm wrote:Oh, grrrr! I need to vent: I decided to use our local Fed/Ex Kinko's location for my shipping address for wine.woot. Not a problem there. However, I did not change it for some purchases that I made on kids and home during the last woot-off. I just got a call from the FedEx location on the landline (not sure how they got that number--I use my cell # on my label--more convenient for pick-up after work) --someone whose name I do not recognize--nicely explaining that they have a few items that were delivered there that were shipped by the USPS and that they are not able to accept these items. I apologized and asked if they did keep them just this once. They said that they had. Of course, now I'm wondering what has been delivered. It appears to be only one package. So, I check on my other items: one of them is going UPS and is currently scheduled for delivery to FedEx on Tues! I KNOW that they do not accept items from the brown truck! I think I can schedule that to be held at our depot. Urg! I guess I've have to try service and maybe they can change the address labels on the other items if they have not shipped yet. Gotta go out in a little bit, so I'll do that contact later and make the stop at FedEx on my way home. Most of them know me, so I hope it won't be too bad. Christmas is coming!

End rant!

CT

zTimothyBz

quality posts: 2 Private Messages zTimothyBz
cheron98 wrote:Once I mentioned Buffy, Angel, Firefly...

Who are they? A singing trio?

Official holder of unofficial, unauthorized, non-woot gatherings.
My cellar

tiger7610

zTimothyBz wrote:Who are they? A singing trio?

While I'm sure they sound awesome together, but are you serious?

chemvictim

I went to the Verizon store today, still undecided. Even if I decide I want an iphone 5, I can't have it for at least another month. The S3 was nice but BIG. I can't decide whether its hugeness is a good thing or a bad thing. Decisions, decisions.

rjquillin

quality posts: 189 Private Messages rjquillin
tiger7610 wrote:While I'm sure they sound awesome together, but are you serious?

+?

CT

mommadeb1

quality posts: 18 Private Messages mommadeb1
chemvictim wrote:I went to the Verizon store today, still undecided. Even if I decide I want an iphone 5, I can't have it for at least another month. The S3 was nice but BIG. I can't decide whether its hugeness is a good thing or a bad thing. Decisions, decisions.

I am in the same boat...... right now I am leaning twards the Razar Max.... but I also liked the Galaxy....... I have been trying to decide for the last couple of months........

bhodilee

chemvictim wrote:I went to the Verizon store today, still undecided. Even if I decide I want an iphone 5, I can't have it for at least another month. The S3 was nice but BIG. I can't decide whether its hugeness is a good thing or a bad thing. Decisions, decisions.

Opposite for me. I5 just doesn't for my hand well. S3 feels just right.

chemvictim

bhodilee wrote:Opposite for me. I5 just doesn't for my hand well. S3 feels just right.

The hugeness of the S3 makes it kinda flashy, which attracts me. The iphone seems a bit small, kinda hard to see the lil icons. I was thinking that I wanted a smaller phone, but now I have a fanny pack for my hikes and a pouch for my phone on my bike, and the rest of the time it goes in the purse or sits on my desk. So it probably doesn't even matter that it's a bit overgrown.

Husband wants the iphone for (potentially?) better apps. I have a feeling that if we get two different phones, one of us is going to be jealous of the other.

klezman

quality posts: 130 Private Messages klezman
chemvictim wrote:Husband wants the iphone for (potentially?) better apps. I have a feeling that if we get two different phones, one of us is going to be jealous of the other.

But if you get the S3 he'll be the jealous one. That makes it all good, right?

The iOS/Android app divide is currently very small, and getting smaller every day. Unless there's something specific you need on one that's not on the other and never will be, no reason to let that be a factor.

2014: 57 bottles. Last wine.woot: 2011 Wellington Cab & Merlot, Roessler 2009 Bluejay, 2010 Bell Cabernet
2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

bahwm

quality posts: 34 Private Messages bahwm
chemvictim wrote:The hugeness of the S3 makes it kinda flashy, which attracts me. The iphone seems a bit small, kinda hard to see the lil icons. I was thinking that I wanted a smaller phone, but now I have a fanny pack for my hikes and a pouch for my phone on my bike, and the rest of the time it goes in the purse or sits on my desk. So it probably doesn't even matter that it's a bit overgrown.

Husband wants the iphone for (potentially?) better apps. I have a feeling that if we get two different phones, one of us is going to be jealous of the other.

I love having the same type of phone, that way, if one of us is driving and the other has to use the other's phone, there is no confusion.

May our love be like good wine, grow stronger as it grows older. ~ Old English Toast

mother

klezman wrote:But if you get the S3 he'll be the jealous one. That makes it all good, right?

The iOS/Android app divide is currently very small, and getting smaller every day. Unless there's something specific you need on one that's not on the other and never will be, no reason to let that be a factor.

I think it all depends on how technically savvy you are (or want to be w/r/t your phone). If *I* were buying a phone I would be tempted by the S3*. My mother (who still has an @aol.com email address...) however I am pushing towards the iPhone because it just works. No pulling batteries, RTFM attitude, worrying about software versions or how to update it, how to back up your data, any of that.

cortot20

quality posts: 162 Private Messages cortot20

Now to go golfing with the father-in-law-to-be while the girls are all off dress shopping.

Did they issue you a matching jumpsuit with the car?

CT

zTimothyBz

quality posts: 2 Private Messages zTimothyBz

Does anyone else with an iPhone find the woot forums difficult to read? It's the one site where I can't gesture-resize the pages.

Official holder of unofficial, unauthorized, non-woot gatherings.
My cellar

cmaldoon

quality posts: 62 Private Messages cmaldoon
zTimothyBz wrote:Does anyone else with an iPhone find the woot forums difficult to read? It's the one site where I can't gesture-resize the pages.

The only problems I have is that occasionally pictures wig out and are a mile high and I can't scroll past them

2014 - 20 Btl. Fjellene (10 bot), Urraca Chard (10 bot)
Last purchase: 5/3/14

2013 - 75 btl. 2012 - 98 btl. 2011 - 112 btl. 2010 - 30 btl.
My Cellar

cortot20

quality posts: 162 Private Messages cortot20
cmaldoon wrote:The only problems I have is that occasionally pictures wig out and are a mile high and I can't scroll past them

does this on the ipad as well.
try downloading chrome, it might fix that.

CT

polarbear22

quality posts: 35 Private Messages polarbear22

Day of firsts. Full Irish breakfast complete with black pudding and baked beans. Dinner was bream with samphire as a side. Wine was Gros Plant. Followed by a little pubbing. Less than last night as we head up to London tomorrow.

Polar bears are meant to be clever, very clever. They are the Einsteins of the bear community. - Anonymous
Please donate to the 2014 MS Bike Ride
Want to read what SonomaBouliste has to say about wine?
Ddeuddeg Cheesecake Cookbook
My Cellar

MarkDaSpark

tiger7610 wrote:While I'm sure they sound awesome together, but are you serious?

Yes he is. First off, he's a delicate flower. Secondly, he has no TV. None. Zip. Bupkis. Nada. Zilch.

Such a luddite!!

tiger7610

MarkDaSpark wrote:Yes he is. First off, he's a delicate flower. Secondly, he has no TV. None. Zip. Bupkis. Nada. Zilch.

Such a luddite!!

I dont have TV, but I have this magical device called a computer with internet

InFrom

quality posts: 34 Private Messages InFrom
polarbear22 wrote:x-post from last week's pub

My wife was happy. Have to bide my time a little longer for the smoker. And again, thanks for the tip. Wouldn't have known I could get the price so low.

This discussion between PB & bowtie really helped me today.

A few months ago I decided I need a pressure cooker, since I love to cook dinner when I get home, but I tend to get home on the late side. Dinner tends to be served late, and that tends to be unpopular.

I've been shopping around online for a while now, but more intensively the last couple of weeks, and finally narrowed down my choices. One set in particular retails for $220, but was showing up for around $190 on a number of sites.

Anyway, today we were in Macy's, where an enthusiastic housewares guy encouraged us to order through them at the store to get the item I wanted, which was available only online. Either way, they'd ship for free.

By the time we decided to go for it, he was out to lunch, his replacement was not as enthusiastic about making the sale, and we left empty-handed. But when we got home, we went online, saw that the item was marked down 30% from the $190, plus we had a 20% coupon on top of that, so I ended up paying $115 for the whole thing, NYS tax included. I'm so happy! Maybe if we'd waited, it might have shown up cheaper sometime, but then I'd still be out there shopping! Worth it to have the decision made.

I'm looking forward to seeing how some of my go-to recipes adapt to pressure cooking.

ps I hear they make them these days so it's pretty hard to blow up the kitchen. Hoping for the best!

InFrom

quality posts: 34 Private Messages InFrom
cmaldoon wrote:The only problems I have is that occasionally pictures wig out and are a mile high and I can't scroll past them

I'm finding on my laptop this weekend that there's this weird, recurring image of what looks like a car crossed with a pumpkin. Can't get rid of it, can't figure it out...

ps nice wheels, HAK!