MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 169 Private Messages MarkDaSpark
mommadeb1 wrote:Its over...... I have never been more frustrated!!! We spent about 9 hours deliberating.....some people ....grrrrrr

Did ye make the scallywag walk the plank?

Edit: Me! Bow before Greybeard, ye scurvy dogs!

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

mommadeb1

quality posts: 17 Private Messages mommadeb1
MarkDaSpark wrote:Did ye make the scallywag walk the plank?

Edit: Me! Bow before Greybeard, ye scurvy dogs!

I be wishing I had me sword to be doing some persuading to those who choose not to even listen to me other mates!!

cheron98

quality posts: 123 Private Messages cheron98
bhodilee wrote:all you have to do is say Arrrr at the beginning of each sentence and ye matey's or some derivative at the end.

Arrrr, it's not rocketscience ye landlubber!

I HATE talk like a pirate day.

That would be...

Arrr, it be not rocket science, ye scurvy dog!

I saw HitAnyKey42 on wine.woot! and clicked "I want one!"

tiger7610

quality posts: 15 Private Messages tiger7610

GRR the plague has me in its clammy hands. ARRR

MarkDaSpark

mommadeb1 wrote:I be wishing I had me sword to be doing some persuading to those who choose not to even listen to me other mates!!

So ye be freed by the redcoats? Or ye get to go back amongst the heathen savages tomarraw?

*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

MarkDaSpark

Arrr! I be wishing they be having new Monkeys for me treasure, and not keep putting these savage old ones back up, the scurvy dogs!

bahwm

quality posts: 24 Private Messages bahwm
MarkDaSpark wrote:Arrr! I be wishing they be having new Monkeys for me treasure, and not keep putting these savage old ones back up, the scurvy dogs!

They be gone now. I did gets some tho they be old. Me no thinks they be the same as the tire track ones. These have the woooooooot on them.

May our love be like good wine, grow stronger as it grows older. ~ Old English Toast

MarkDaSpark

bahwm wrote:They be gone now. I did gets some tho they be old. Me no thinks they be the same as the tire track ones. These have the woooooooot on them.

Arrr! I be thinkin' that I have those already. The scurvy dogs!

And for you landlubbers, here be the treasure map to the Buccaneers of Caribbean ...

And I still be in the Antechamber of Doom.

MarkDaSpark

bahwm wrote:They be gone now. I did gets some tho they be old. Me no thinks they be the same as the tire track ones. These have the woooooooot on them.

They be the same as before, the scurvy dogs!!

That one be from the 23rd of May.

That one be from 26th of April.

The one with the plain Woot black cape was from 22nd of March.

Edit: As for the rest, I got those during the Woot Games Woot Plus offer.

klezman

quality posts: 114 Private Messages klezman
cheron98 wrote:May I please ask a favor of you all?

Please stop with the future-planning-of-my-and-hak's-lives talk?

Let us get through the wedding. I'm stressing out enough about that.

kthxbai.

But you've got so much time to stress out later! Relax and have a nice glass of wine

2014: 17 bottles. Last wine.woot: Wellington Victory x3 & Fjellene Walla Walla Reds
2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

bhodilee

quality posts: 32 Private Messages bhodilee
cheron98 wrote:That would be...

Arrr, it be not rocket science, ye scurvy dog!

Pirate, Mr. Crabbs, whatever. You'll find that....no wait, nevermind

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."

– George Bernard Shaw, author (1856-1950)

bhodilee

Also, I could not be happier about pirate day being over.

Now, this only applies to pirate day. Don't go thinking I've turned a new leaf and am no longer my loving curmudgeonly self!

I was called a curmudgeon in 8th grade by a teacher. 8th GRADE!!

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."

coynedj

quality posts: 7 Private Messages coynedj
bhodilee wrote:Also, I could not be happier about pirate day being over.

Now, this only applies to pirate day. Don't go thinking I've turned a new leaf and am no longer my loving curmudgeonly self!

Perceptive teacher. The good ones really can indentify who is bound for greatness, can't they?

I started out on Burgundy but soon hit the harder stuff. Bob Dylan, Just Like Tom Thumb's Blues

How on earth did I get 7 QPs?

bhodilee

coynedj wrote:Perceptive teacher. The good ones really can indentify who is bound for greatness, can't they?

She told me she wanted to see what I was like when I was 60. I told her not to worry about it because she'd be dead by then. This effectively ended the conversation.

MarkDaSpark

bhodilee wrote:Also, I could not be happier about pirate day being over.

Arrr, but ye be wrong in yer thinkin' there, ye scurvy landlubber. We be speakin' Pirate fer the rest o' the week!

mewalk707

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mewalk707
MarkDaSpark wrote:Arrr, but ye be wrong in yer thinkin' there, ye scurvy landlubber. We be speakin' Pirate fer the rest o' the week!

No. Please no...

MarkDaSpark

mewalk707 wrote:No. Please no...

Ssshhh. Don't tell bowtie I was kidding!

bhodilee

MarkDaSpark wrote:

Ssshhh. Don't tell bowtie I was kidding!

I was fully prepared to check out of reality for the remainder of the week. Though I was going to ask if that was an old style woot week that started on a monday or the typical Sunday start?

MarkDaSpark

bhodilee wrote:I was fully prepared to check out of reality for the remainder of the week. Though I was going to ask if that was an old style woot week that started on a monday or the typical Sunday start?

Reality? We don't need no steenkin' reality!

"Reality is just a refuge for people who can't handle drugs."

And I forget which day the start would have been. Maybe a Monday?

bhodilee

Also, someone is asleep at the wheel. These posts will all be gone at some point. I'm looking forward to it!

joelsisk

quality posts: 5 Private Messages joelsisk
bhodilee wrote:Also, someone is asleep at the wheel. These posts will all be gone at some point. I'm looking forward to it!

this is why none of my posts used the name or url.

JOATMON

quality posts: 19 Private Messages JOATMON
bhodilee wrote:Also, someone is asleep at the wheel. These posts will all be gone at some point. I'm looking forward to it!

Whoops. My bad. I hope I'm not put on probation.

Juvie: 30+24+4; Sellout: 6+7+0
Rags: 3+2+3
Drunk: 69+94+15 wine, 20+29+4 non-wine
Rugrat: 0+0+0; Refunded: 2+3+1
(as of 2011-03-02)

PemberDucky

quality posts: 39 Private Messages PemberDucky

Staff

zzzzzzzzz
yeah, sorry. imma have to do some housekeeping now.

ETA: alright. the deed is done. just, uh, you know. speak in tongues or something. apologies. :/

-----------------------------------------------
Not sure if you should post that? This slightly-nsfw-flowchart will help.

PemberDucky

quality posts: 39 Private Messages PemberDucky

Staff

JOATMON wrote:Whoops. My bad. I hope I'm not put on probation.

nah. it's CAPS LOCK THURSDAY and your username gives you caps cred, so... off the hook.

-----------------------------------------------
Not sure if you should post that? This slightly-nsfw-flowchart will help.

mommadeb1

MarkDaSpark wrote:So ye be freed by the redcoats? Or ye get to go back amongst the heathen savages tomarraw?

I'm free, but my mind keeps going back and thinking I could have said something different to change the persons mind..... I know in my heart it wouldn't have, but it is still bothering me big time!

polarbear22

quality posts: 33 Private Messages polarbear22

Great dinner Restaurant 27 in Portsmouth UK. Highly recommended if you make it here. Food was wonderful. Good wine, especially a dessert wine from Valpolocielli (sp).

more when I have a keyboard. And no Scotch in my hand.

Polar bears are meant to be clever, very clever. They are the Einsteins of the bear community. - Anonymous
Please donate to the 2014 MS Bike Ride
Want to read what SonomaBouliste has to say about wine?
Ddeuddeg Cheesecake Cookbook
My Cellar

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz

I'm just hanging out, really.

darlenee1

quality posts: 7 Private Messages darlenee1
inkycatz wrote:Yeah, fell down that rabbit hole pretty easily myself, except the TV part never grabbed me. Too limited. I knew I was in for the long haul when my PC for work finally died and I decided to dual boot a Mini instead of buying a new PC.

I am sure half of you now probably think I'm a total Apple snob. No, I just like it. I'm not rabid enough to tell people they need one or the other. Tools for the job, as it were.

I think mostly right now I'm trying to convince myself lil clunky (the 4) is still good enough. That and I'm afraid of losing my unlimited data plan.

I used to have Roku, now I have a Boxee. Freaking awesome device!

Ran out of room for the wines, and can't think of a good quote for now

UBlink

quality posts: 16 Private Messages UBlink

Following the eight word profile, political economy in eight words:
Ain't no free lunch - them what has gets.

MarkDaSpark

mommadeb1 wrote:I'm free, but my mind keeps going back and thinking I could have said something different to change the persons mind..... I know in my heart it wouldn't have, but it is still bothering me big time!

Why one of my fave movies is the original 12 Angry Men with Henry Fonda. Just excellent acting.

ddeuddeg

quality posts: 23 Private Messages ddeuddeg
UBlink wrote:..

PM 4 u.

"Always keep a bottle of Champagne in the fridge for special occasions. Sometimes the special occasion is that you've got a bottle of Champagne in the fridge". - Hester Browne

Ddeuddeg's Cheesecake Cookbook

tiger7610

quality posts: 15 Private Messages tiger7610
ddeuddeg wrote:PM 4 u.

d-dog is switching to chat speak? Run away the world is ending!

bsevern

quality posts: 108 Private Messages bsevern

I work across the street from Moffett Field/Nasa Ames, and we just watched the space shuttle Endeavor fly over our building from the roof!!!

Photo's to follow!

joelsisk

quality posts: 5 Private Messages joelsisk
bsevern wrote:I work across the street from Moffett Field/Nasa Ames, and we just watched the space shuttle Endeavor fly over our building from the roof!!!

Photo's to follow!

I used to work at Edwards AFB, and the shuttle used to perform it's final momentum loss turn exactly above our building. Good times!

Awesome, historic event! Glad you got to participate.

bsevern

quality posts: 108 Private Messages bsevern

Here's one pic form our roof:

Sad to see it on it's way to it's grave.

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
bsevern wrote:Sad to see it on it's way to it's grave.

Yes, but a very cool picture.

I'm just hanging out, really.

trifecta

quality posts: 66 Private Messages trifecta
bsevern wrote:I work across the street from Moffett Field/Nasa Ames, and we just watched the space shuttle Endeavor fly over our building from the roof!!!

Photo's to follow!

I was over on the other side of the freeway from you. Pretty cool. Thought they were going to do a loop for Ames, but I think they had to do an extra loop in SF so they were most likely running late/low on fuel.

The best part was that they dropped to 1000ft for the NASA fly by.

mother

quality posts: 14 Private Messages mother
trifecta wrote:Thought they were going to do a loop for Ames, but I think they had to do an extra loop in SF so they were most likely running late/low on fuel.

Two things:
1) There is no way in hell a 747 carrying the space shuttle can do a loop. (Pretty sure an empty one carrying nothing can't do a loop)

2) If they were low enough on fuel to skip a planned maneuver, someone is getting in trouble for the fuel plan!

polarbear22

quality posts: 33 Private Messages polarbear22

You all are way behind. Especially on the west coast. Our night of pubbing is coming to a close. Four pubs for the night. Beers here are more filling.

Good night all.

Polar bears are meant to be clever, very clever. They are the Einsteins of the bear community. - Anonymous
Please donate to the 2014 MS Bike Ride
Want to read what SonomaBouliste has to say about wine?
Ddeuddeg Cheesecake Cookbook
My Cellar

mommadeb1

MarkDaSpark wrote:Why one of my fave movies is the original 12 Angry Men with Henry Fonda. Just excellent acting.

I don't think I have seen that one... will have to check it out...