mother

quality posts: 15 Private Messages mother
cheron98 wrote:May I please ask a favor of you all?

Please stop with the future-planning-of-my-and-hak's-lives talk?

Let us get through the wedding. I'm stressing out enough about that.

kthxbai.

We're working on retirement plans now...

Edit: Sparky!

cheron98

quality posts: 123 Private Messages cheron98
ddeuddeg wrote:You certainly took your time with that one.

Yes, well, I was having an off day. Two days actually. I ended up having to leave work after only 20 minutes this morning due to emotional meltdown.

I am fragile.

Be nice.

I saw HitAnyKey42 on wine.woot! and clicked "I want one!"

mommadeb1

quality posts: 17 Private Messages mommadeb1
cheron98 wrote:Yes, well, I was having an off day. Two days actually. I ended up having to leave work after only 20 minutes this morning due to emotional meltdown.

I am fragile.

Be nice.

Just remember... we care about you!!

chemvictim

quality posts: 3 Private Messages chemvictim
cheron98 wrote:Yes, well, I was having an off day. Two days actually. I ended up having to leave work after only 20 minutes this morning due to emotional meltdown.

I am fragile.

Be nice.

It sounds like you need an evening of wine and video games. *hugs*

otolith

quality posts: 22 Private Messages otolith

I am fragile.

Be nice.

I think you're lucky to have a group of people who care for and are happy for you.

"When we try to pick out anything by itself, we find it hitched to everything else in the universe."
--John Muir

mommadeb1

this sucks!! I was just looking back at what has been offered.......and I missed the Twisted Oak!!!!! agggggggggggggghhhhh no fair!!!!!

MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 174 Private Messages MarkDaSpark
mother wrote:We're working on retirement plans now...

Edit: Sparky!

Did you bow towards Napa and flip yourself off?

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

bahwm

quality posts: 26 Private Messages bahwm

I am fragile.

Be nice.

Hey, darlin'. Consider yourself hugged.

May our love be like good wine, grow stronger as it grows older. ~ Old English Toast

MarkDaSpark

I am fragile.

Be nice.

Sorry, thought the beatings would help.

The beatings will continue until morale improves!!!

*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

MarkDaSpark

mommadeb1 wrote:this sucks!! I was just looking back at what has been offered.......and I missed the Twisted Oak!!!!! agggggggggggggghhhhh no fair!!!!!

Well, perhaps some kind soul will share ...

Edit: Carp! I only bought 1 set!

mommadeb1

MarkDaSpark wrote:Well, perhaps some kind soul will share ...

Edit: Carp! I only bought 1 set!

probably for the best.... have to pay off my chiro.. 3 times one week then 2 the next...

tiger7610

quality posts: 17 Private Messages tiger7610

Lots of hugs to cheron, also if you want to read 40+ pages of angry wooters just hit the main site, apparently the pirate Buccaneers of Caribbean went live before the final puzzle piece was offered, so it was sold out before everyone who was doing it the old fashion way got the clue.

MarkDaSpark

tiger7610 wrote:Lots of hugs to cheron, also if you want to read 40+ pages of angry wooters just hit the main site, apparently the pirate Buccaneers of Caribbean went live before the final puzzle piece was offered, so it was sold out before everyone who was doing it the old fashion way got the clue.

Yeah, evidently someone brute-forced the last three letters and then posted it on SlickDeals.

They even posted a graphic of the map missing the last two letters before the final S.

So hello sold out Buccaneers of Caribbean

Scum sucking barnacles!!!

Edit: Oh, and only you can only win 1 bag this week. So those SSB's won't be able to score a 2nd one.

bkarlan

quality posts: 46 Private Messages bkarlan

Holey Hell! I am going to hang here. There is a mob over there at the regular woot that wants some Mods heads.

It isn't safe. Hide your children, seal your homes, grab your protection, it's the zombie (err pirate) apocalypse.

"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse..." - John Stuart Mill

tiger7610

The pitchforks have been put away. The last time I saw this mob was when we all stayed up for the april fools woot Buccaneers of Caribbean that never materialized, but I loved reading all the conspiracy theories about where the URL is hiding. TT posted the solution to the whole mess, so people seem to have calmed down.

bkarlan

Maybe I just know my place is here. I cant believe people get so worked up about a mystery bag.

In my world there are bigger battles to fight.

However I do have a different mindset then a lot of people

"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse..." - John Stuart Mill

MarkDaSpark

tiger7610 wrote:The pitchforks have been put away. The last time I saw this mob was when we all stayed up for the april fools woot Buccaneers of Caribbean that never materialized, but I loved reading all the conspiracy theories about where the URL is hiding. TT posted the solution to the whole mess, so people seem to have calmed down.

For those interested in the solution that TT posted.

MarkDaSpark

Don't ye be forgettin' that today's Talk Like A Pirate Day!

(Now if only Google Translate had an English to Pirate translator! )

(And that I didn't hit my little toes on that stupid box earlier tonight. Ow! Ow! Ow! Although still not close to Cat's pain.)

cortot20

quality posts: 130 Private Messages cortot20

Are you ever to tired to typ

CT

Cesare

quality posts: 1559 Private Messages Cesare
cortot20 wrote:Are you ever to tired to typ

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple
Exalted High Tastemaster Supreme
“In the entire world there are only a few sounds that bring joy to all but the most jaded. One is the murmur of a kitten purring. Another is the thwack of a well-pitched baseball hitting a perfectly swung bat. And the third is the pop of a cork being pulled from a bottle of wine.” —George Taber

cortot20

quality posts: 130 Private Messages cortot20

Sparky if your going to the rehearsal on Thursday then I look forward to seeing you, otherwise ill see you Saturday night.

CT

MarkDaSpark

cortot20 wrote:Sparky if your going to the rehearsal on Thursday then I look forward to seeing you, otherwise ill see you Saturday night.

Saturday. I'm only the Uncle.

Edit: Although it is weird that I'm not going to be there ... I went to Matt's.

bhodilee

quality posts: 32 Private Messages bhodilee
MarkDaSpark wrote:Did you bow towards Napa and flip yourself off?

If not, I bowed towards Napa and shot birds towards all the cardinal directions, just to be safe.

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."

– George Bernard Shaw, author (1856-1950)

bhodilee

Cesare wrote:

I liked this post, I also liked the purposeful leaving off the e on the post that inspired it. I'm exhausted from two days of little sleep, could be a fun one.

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."

Cesare

quality posts: 1559 Private Messages Cesare
bhodilee wrote:I liked this post, I also liked the purposeful leaving off the e on the post that inspired it. I'm exhausted from two days of little sleep, could be a fun one.

I aim to please (you).

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple
Exalted High Tastemaster Supreme
“In the entire world there are only a few sounds that bring joy to all but the most jaded. One is the murmur of a kitten purring. Another is the thwack of a well-pitched baseball hitting a perfectly swung bat. And the third is the pop of a cork being pulled from a bottle of wine.” —George Taber

bhodilee

Cesare wrote:I aim to please (you).

That's good, it helps to feed my megalomania. Though, I'm very disappointed that I didn't hear about textsfromlastnight from you.

bkarlan

MarkDaSpark wrote:Don't ye be forgettin' that today's Talk Like A Pirate Day!

(Now if only Google Translate had an English to Pirate translator! )

FB use to have one

bkarlan

bkarlan wrote:FB use to have one

yup English (Pirate) is still a language option on Facebook

bhodilee

bkarlan wrote:yup English (Pirate) is still a language option on Facebook

all you have to do is say Arrrr at the beginning of each sentence and ye matey's or some derivative at the end.

Arrrr, it's not rocketscience ye landlubber!

I HATE talk like a pirate day.

MarkDaSpark

bhodilee wrote:all you have to do is say Arrrr at the beginning of each sentence and ye matey's or some derivative at the end.

Arrrr, it's not rocketscience ye landlubber!

I HATE talk like a pirate day.

Arrrr, ye landlubbers made me miss the Zippo Pirate lighter! Arrr!

bhodilee

MarkDaSpark wrote:Arrrr, ye landlubbers made me miss the Zippo Pirate lighter! Arrr!

Aye bucko, if ye was a pirate worth ye salt, ye would claim it as plunder from thar enemies!

tiger7610

I hope cheron is ok, and didnt decide to walk the plank herself. Arr. Also Damn this cold that is going around all of Cornell

bahwm

quality posts: 26 Private Messages bahwm

Hey, bowtie! We just met your brother! He says that "everything sucks & I can do it better!"

May our love be like good wine, grow stronger as it grows older. ~ Old English Toast

tiger7610

Did he say that he is better than bowtie?

kylemittskus

quality posts: 229 Private Messages kylemittskus

Do you guys remember when we were going to get a gatherings tab....? Man, those were the days.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

tiger7610

I thought those days were still there, because we still dont have the tab.

mommadeb1

Its over...... I have never been more frustrated!!! We spent about 9 hours deliberating.....some people ....grrrrrr

bhodilee

bahwm wrote:Hey, bowtie! We just met your brother! He says that "everything sucks & I can do it better!"

Hey now, I never claimed to be able to do it better, just that a lot of things suck!

bhodilee

tiger7610 wrote:Did he say that he is better than bowtie?

I was confused by that too, then I realized what an impossibility that would be and chuckled.

Then I stocked up on freeze dried food as that's like the sixth gate.

coynedj

quality posts: 7 Private Messages coynedj
MarkDaSpark wrote:Don't ye be forgettin' that today's Talk Like A Pirate Day!

My 21-year-old daughter and I went through several emails and phone calls about some computer problems she's having. Every bit of it, from first to last, in pirate-speak.

We both thought it was hilarious. Yes, we are easily amused.

I started out on Burgundy but soon hit the harder stuff. Bob Dylan, Just Like Tom Thumb's Blues

How on earth did I get 7 QPs?