MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 168 Private Messages MarkDaSpark
JOATMON wrote:Expect the woot-off to last at least two days.

Otherwise, the pirate theme makes no sense.

They said two maps, one for Tuesday and one for Wednesday. So two days.

First map part showed up on Woot offer.

At least I haven't found any others yet.

Edit: Me!!! (bows towards Napa, points middle finger towards Connecticut, recites "Sparky is good. Sparky is kind. Sparky doesn't share wine with PB. Or those who club him."

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

MarkDaSpark

bhodilee wrote:Verily, they shall name it bowtie and it shall achieve greatness.

Almost forgot ...

*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

MarkDaSpark

rjquillin

quality posts: 152 Private Messages rjquillin
bhodilee wrote:Keyboards?

I did find two more Ultras and a Plus I had stashed at work, but I somehow still think I'm missing a couple I've hoarded away in the shadows.

CT

MarkDaSpark

Son of a .... Most of the Bacon Salt is sold out. And I don't need the 16 oz size! Nor care for the Hickory flavor.

ddeuddeg

quality posts: 23 Private Messages ddeuddeg
cheron98 wrote:3. KIDS?!

You certainly took your time with that one.

"Always keep a bottle of Champagne in the fridge for special occasions. Sometimes the special occasion is that you've got a bottle of Champagne in the fridge". - Hester Browne

Ddeuddeg's Cheesecake Cookbook

polarbear22

quality posts: 33 Private Messages polarbear22
MarkDaSpark wrote:No, no. Connecticut. And those with Flaming Socks shouldn't throw fingers!

Weel, I know why you are raising a finger now. Waving EHP failed. And the Flaming Socks shall be worn as I fly off to merry old England.

Polar bears are meant to be clever, very clever. They are the Einsteins of the bear community. - Anonymous
Please donate to the 2014 MS Bike Ride
Want to read what SonomaBouliste has to say about wine?
Ddeuddeg Cheesecake Cookbook
My Cellar

JOATMON

quality posts: 19 Private Messages JOATMON
rjquillin wrote:I did find two more Ultras and a Plus I had stashed at work, but I somehow still think I'm missing a couple I've hoarded away in the shadows.

Ultra T or full Ultra? P or non-P?

Turns out I have three full Ultras, not two, and all are the earlier non-P models.

Juvie: 30+24+4; Sellout: 6+7+0
Rags: 3+2+3
Drunk: 69+94+15 wine, 20+29+4 non-wine
Rugrat: 0+0+0; Refunded: 2+3+1
(as of 2011-03-02)

chemvictim

quality posts: 3 Private Messages chemvictim
otolith wrote:Ordered a new iPhone 5 on Saturday. Not as excited as I thought I'd be, but can't wait.

I'm thinking about getting one. I'm worried that I'll get sucked into Apple fanboy, err fangirl, hell. Then I'll have to buy an ipad, and a pretty pirate hat, and Apple tv, and it will rule over me.

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
chemvictim wrote:I'm thinking about getting one. I'm worried that I'll get sucked into Apple fanboy, err fangirl, hell. Then I'll have to buy an ipad, and a pretty pirate hat, and Apple tv, and it will rule over me.

I don't have the Apple tv. I got a Roku instead.

I'm thinking about upgrading because I am eligible, and I didn't get sucked into the 4S, or the ipad 3. Decisions.

I'm just hanging out, really.

chemvictim

inkycatz wrote:I don't have the Apple tv. I got a Roku instead.

I'm thinking about upgrading because I am eligible, and I didn't get sucked into the 4S, or the ipad 3. Decisions.

I have a Roku too, love it. I tend to want things to match, have a theme. So if I get an iphone and love it, I'll feel the need to get other Apple stuff.

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
chemvictim wrote:I have a Roku too, love it. I tend to want things to match, have a theme. So if I get an iphone and love it, I'll feel the need to get other Apple stuff.

Yeah, fell down that rabbit hole pretty easily myself, except the TV part never grabbed me. Too limited. I knew I was in for the long haul when my PC for work finally died and I decided to dual boot a Mini instead of buying a new PC.

I am sure half of you now probably think I'm a total Apple snob. No, I just like it. I'm not rabid enough to tell people they need one or the other. Tools for the job, as it were.

I think mostly right now I'm trying to convince myself lil clunky (the 4) is still good enough. That and I'm afraid of losing my unlimited data plan.

I'm just hanging out, really.

MarkDaSpark

Oh, and tomorrow (19th) is Talk Like a Pirate Day. Arrrr!

JOATMON

bhodilee wrote:Buying phones is a joke. I was gonna get an S3, but now the S4 is gonna be out in February, so do I get one now or just wait. I'm gonna go with just wait. I got two batteries for my phone for six bucks so that will solve my battery problem in my current phone, then I'll get an S4 when it comes out. F'n phones!

The rumor is that Samsung will announce the S4 in February/March. Sammy is now denying that. In any case, the gap between Samsung announcement and availability, especially here in the States, is pretty wide. I believe it was four months between announcement of the S3 and availability by USA carriers.

(as of 2011-03-02)

JOATMON

MarkDaSpark wrote:Oh, and tomorrow (19th) is Talk Like a Pirate Day. Arrrr!

Thus my comment that the woot-off has to last at least two days

(as of 2011-03-02)

rjquillin

quality posts: 152 Private Messages rjquillin
JOATMON wrote:Ultra T or full Ultra? P or non-P?

Turns out I have three full Ultras, not two, and all are the earlier non-P models.

Just found another Ultra.
Versions 6.03, 6.04 and 7.03.
Not T or P, just a plain Ultra.

CT

bhodilee

quality posts: 32 Private Messages bhodilee
JOATMON wrote:The rumor is that Samsung will announce the S4 in February/March. Sammy is now denying that. In any case, the gap between Samsung announcement and availability, especially here in the States, is pretty wide. I believe it was four months between announcement of the S3 and availability by USA carriers.

Eh, I'll still wait. What the heck. I have no issue with my original evo.

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."

– George Bernard Shaw, author (1856-1950)

Itwdswafo

quality posts: 7 Private Messages Itwdswafo
bhodilee wrote:So...what should I make in my new mixer?

Make your own mayonnaise. Infuse flavors you like.

Cesare

quality posts: 1468 Private Messages Cesare
JOATMON wrote:Thus my comment that the woot-off has to last at least two days

The woot-off will be exactly two days. From the newsletter:

On Tuesday, Sept. 18, and Wednesday, Sept. 19, we'll run a Woot-Off with a very special difference. Clues sprinkled throughout the Woot-Off will lead you to a hidden cache of lost pirate loot. Or something.
-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple
Exalted High Tastemaster Supreme
“In the entire world there are only a few sounds that bring joy to all but the most jaded. One is the murmur of a kitten purring. Another is the thwack of a well-pitched baseball hitting a perfectly swung bat. And the third is the pop of a cork being pulled from a bottle of wine.” —George Taber

tiger7610

quality posts: 15 Private Messages tiger7610

So for people who found the map what did it do?

MarkDaSpark

tiger7610 wrote:So for people who found the map what did it do?

There are more pieces to come.

5 bits of the map so far ...

Edit: 6th just showed up.

mother

quality posts: 14 Private Messages mother
MarkDaSpark wrote:There are more pieces to come.

Where? I fear that my script blocking is making whatever it is invisible...

North316

quality posts: 107 Private Messages North316
mother wrote:Where? I fear that my script blocking is making whatever it is invisible...

There are in the extra pictures of various items on the main woot site.

My CT
"Trust your homies on the net", Clark Smith.
R.I.P. Inkycatz - Feb. 2013

cmaldoon

quality posts: 61 Private Messages cmaldoon
MarkDaSpark wrote:There are more pieces to come.

Thanks for the notice, all six are pasted together... There have to be at LEAST 6 more

2014 - 10 Btl. Fjellene (10 bot)
Last purchase: 3/4/14

2013 - 75 btl. 2012 - 98 btl.
2011 - 112 btl. 2010 - 30 btl.
Bungled Original Communicator 2 My Cellar

mother

cmaldoon wrote:Thanks for the notice, all six are pasted together... There have to be at LEAST 6 more

Damnit I just went through all the items on juvie and only found 5. No more time to waste on this.

Cesare

quality posts: 1468 Private Messages Cesare

Someone make a google doc or something with the image and share it.

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple
Exalted High Tastemaster Supreme
“In the entire world there are only a few sounds that bring joy to all but the most jaded. One is the murmur of a kitten purring. Another is the thwack of a well-pitched baseball hitting a perfectly swung bat. And the third is the pop of a cork being pulled from a bottle of wine.” —George Taber

mommadeb1

quality posts: 17 Private Messages mommadeb1
MarkDaSpark wrote:Oh, and tomorrow (19th) is Talk Like a Pirate Day. Arrrr!

Yea!! I will tell my fellow jurrors! they already don't know what to think about me?

mommadeb1

quality posts: 17 Private Messages mommadeb1

Day 2 of jury duty over... I might be crazy.... but it isn't as bad as I thought it would be.... I actually think I could do this again!! I am learning a lot!!

MarkDaSpark

mother wrote:Damnit I just went through all the items on juvie and only found 5. No more time to waste on this.

TT gave an excellent hint. Go to the Woot blog. Then just look for TREASURE. I think Ctrl-F will work there. You might have to move to older pages.

MarkDaSpark

Cesare wrote:Someone make a google doc or something with the image and share it.

That would be cheating!!! Plus you lazy drunken bums wouldn't have to work. Death to entitlements!!!

mother

MarkDaSpark wrote:TT gave an excellent hint. Go to the Woot blog. Then just look for TREASURE. I think Ctrl-F will work there. You might have to move to older pages.

Damnit that is a lot easier!

I now suspect that once the last piece comes out with the X, all previous pieces will be unnecessary...

mother

mother wrote:Damnit that is a lot easier!

I now suspect that once the last piece comes out with the X, all previous pieces will be unnecessary...

Edit: Oops, that wasn't supposed to be a reply!

tenuki

quality posts: 7 Private Messages tenuki
mother wrote:Damnit that is a lot easier!

It's a fun idea, but now having done it, it seems a little tedious only to realize that I still need a lot of the map, and I'm not following the woot-off tonight. Will just have to check back around 10 pm central or something and see if anyone posted a link :P

CT

bhodilee

Itwdswafo wrote:Make your own mayonnaise. Infuse flavors you like.

I should do that. I stopped eating it because of the massive calorie load. I bet I could cut it way down if I Made my own

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."

bhodilee

Hey Polar, possible free Ice Cream Maker for that Kitchenaid

http://www.kitchenaid.com/flash.cmd?/#/inside-kitchenaid-promotions/

North316

quality posts: 107 Private Messages North316
bhodilee wrote:Hey Polar, possible free Ice Cream Maker for that Kitchenaid

http://www.kitchenaid.com/flash.cmd?/#/inside-kitchenaid-promotions/

I've got a Cuisinart one I got on woot eons ago for $30 that I wouldn't trade in for anything. This thing makes great ice cream in about 15 minutes. The Kitchenaid mixers are great, but my experience with their attachments (although limited to the slicer attachment) have left me less than impressed. I would say if you are going for any attachments, the pasta ones are about the only ones worth it, but they it will basically run you the cost of the mixer itself to get all of them (rollers and extruders). I've looked into getting the grinder, just not sure if it is durable enough.

My CT
"Trust your homies on the net", Clark Smith.
R.I.P. Inkycatz - Feb. 2013

bhodilee

North316 wrote:I've got a Cuisinart one I got on woot eons ago for $30 that I wouldn't trade in for anything. This thing makes great ice cream in about 15 minutes. The Kitchenaid mixers are great, but my experience with their attachments (although limited to the slicer attachment) have left me less than impressed. I would say if you are going for any attachments, the pasta ones are about the only ones worth it, but they it will basically run you the cost of the mixer itself to get all of them (rollers and extruders). I've looked into getting the grinder, just not sure if it is durable enough.

If I can get the ice cream maker free, sweet. I don't like ice cream, but the kids do. The only problem I'm running into is hte thing came with a $50 rebate, which requires the original UPC. they will not budge on this (fraud and all), so I gotta see if the other rebate people can be made to see reason. Something tells me the answer will be no and I'll have to choose between the two. Seeing as how I'm not a fan of Ice Cream the cash will win out.

chemvictim

North316 wrote:I've got a Cuisinart one I got on woot eons ago for $30 that I wouldn't trade in for anything. This thing makes great ice cream in about 15 minutes. The Kitchenaid mixers are great, but my experience with their attachments (although limited to the slicer attachment) have left me less than impressed. I would say if you are going for any attachments, the pasta ones are about the only ones worth it, but they it will basically run you the cost of the mixer itself to get all of them (rollers and extruders). I've looked into getting the grinder, just not sure if it is durable enough.

I had the pasta attachments. The roller worked great until my husband accidentally let a dish towel get rolled up in it. We sold the cutter attachments sans roller on ebay for close to what we paid for the set.

tiger7610

quality posts: 15 Private Messages tiger7610

The latest woot blog sends to a funny gif, back to eating dinner

cheron98

quality posts: 123 Private Messages cheron98

May I please ask a favor of you all?

Please stop with the future-planning-of-my-and-hak's-lives talk?

Let us get through the wedding. I'm stressing out enough about that.

kthxbai.

I saw HitAnyKey42 on wine.woot! and clicked "I want one!"