Diablita Blanca Mendocino County 2010 White Blend 6-Pack
$69.99 (Normally $108.00) 35% off List Price
2010 Diablita Blanca White Wine, Mendocino County
CT link above

Winery website

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple
Exalted High Tastemaster Supreme
“In the entire world there are only a few sounds that bring joy to all but the most jaded. One is the murmur of a kitten purring. Another is the thwack of a well-pitched baseball hitting a perfectly swung bat. And the third is the pop of a cork being pulled from a bottle of wine.” —George Taber

sparkerjc

quality posts: 9 Private Messages sparkerjc

How dare you waste wine for a photo like that. Disappointed in you, Woot.

CowboyDann

quality posts: 716 Private Messages CowboyDann
sparkerjc wrote:How dare you waste wine for a photo like that. Disappointed in you, Woot.

You honestly think they didn't lick it off the table after they took the shot? This is woot we're talking about after all.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 617 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

CowboyDann wrote:You honestly think they didn't lick it off the table after they took the shot? This is woot we're talking about after all.

They're classy. They use a straw.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

jelliebaby

quality posts: 12 Private Messages jelliebaby
ThunderThighs wrote:They're classy. They use a straw.

You mean this offer doesn't come with straws? Ratz!!

kakrohn

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kakrohn

Mother loves a very dry sauvignon blanc, looking to get her a gift... is this wine something she would enjoy? She also likes a red old vine zinfandel. Any other recommendations? Your help would be very appreciated!

Kurt!

kylemittskus

quality posts: 233 Private Messages kylemittskus
kakrohn wrote:Mother loves a very dry sauvignon blanc, looking to get her a gift... is this wine something she would enjoy? She also likes a red old vine zinfandel. Any other recommendations? Your help would be very appreciated!

Likely not. This has ripping acidity, but seems to be a bit off-dry with 1.85% RS. The acidity seems more than high enough to carry the slight sweetness, but the sweetness will still be perceptible.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

akellner

quality posts: 0 Private Messages akellner

I wonder if this is like the Albino Rhino that hasnt been around in about a year? The Sauvignon Blanc and Albarino arent too far off...

neilfindswine

quality posts: 173 Private Messages neilfindswine

Guest Blogger

This is a zesty little Sauv Blanc/Riesling blend from the good folks at Everett Ridge and Esterlina. I think it's a safe bet the Riesling is some of the Esterlina estate fruit.

Not a bad wine to enjoy during the fall weather in Southern California...

I report to winedavid39...
...I like getting PM's from wannabe rodents...

unclespam

quality posts: 0 Private Messages unclespam

Why does wine from Woot take so long to ship? I ordered the Granache more than a week ago and it is still "awaiting shipment." What's the dilly-o?

ROGETRAY

quality posts: 177 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

unclespam wrote:Why does wine from Woot take so long to ship? I ordered the Granache more than a week ago and it is still "awaiting shipment." What's the dilly-o?

From Wine.Woot FAQ:

How long is shipment going to take?
You should get your wine in 2-3 weeks, often sooner. We know the wait is kind of a drag. But it's still gonna taste good (maybe even better), and since we leave it to the wineries to get the wine to you, you can count on their experience to send their wine using their expert methodologies.

true559

quality posts: 25 Private Messages true559
unclespam wrote:Why does wine from Woot take so long to ship? I ordered the Granache more than a week ago and it is still "awaiting shipment." What's the dilly-o?

Be prepared to wait much longer depending on where you live. I live in CA where the wines are shipped from and I've waited as long as 17 days for wine orders. I've also received wine orders in as little as 6 days.

noslensj

quality posts: 47 Private Messages noslensj

During summer, shipments are often timed to when there are expected breaks in the temperature, so as to minimize the chances of you receiving a cooked shipment.

skisterling

quality posts: 19 Private Messages skisterling

Great acidity but it does have the off-dry balance from the Riesling. Very fresh. A nice match for the fall fruit plate.

neilfindswine

quality posts: 173 Private Messages neilfindswine

Guest Blogger

skisterling wrote:Great acidity but it does have the off-dry balance from the Riesling. Very fresh. A nice match for the fall fruit plate.

Hello Stephen! I recall tasting this at the Everett Ridge winery. Is it accurate to say the Diablita wines are made at the ER facility, by ER/Esterlina winemaker Lynn Krausmann? And is the Riesling in the blend Esterlina estate fruit?

I report to winedavid39...
...I like getting PM's from wannabe rodents...

unclespam

quality posts: 0 Private Messages unclespam
true559 wrote:Be prepared to wait much longer depending on where you live. I live in CA where the wines are shipped from and I've waited as long as 17 days for wine orders. I've also received wine orders in as little as 6 days.

Thanks folks.....these are going to my daughter in Arizona since Pennsylvania's state liquor system prevents Keystoners from enjoying these products.