WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Teatulia Organic Tea

Tea. It created empires. Started wars. Led to treaties. Brought down leaders. Made conversations happen. Helped revolutions begin. Forget about coffee, you mermaid lover. Tea's where it's at. Let's make 2012 the year of tea! Right after the Mayan thing wraps up, of course. They were here first.
Teatulia official site

Quality Posts

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz

It's time for tea!

It's also time for coffee. Which one do you bet will sell out before the other?

I'm just hanging out, really.

Cesare

quality posts: 1595 Private Messages Cesare

Teatulia Organic Tea

Teatulia Organic Green Tea 12-Pack
$39.99 (Normally $59.88) 33% off List Price
Organic Green Tea Mini Eco-Canister of 6 bags, 12-Pack (72 bags total)

Teatulia Organic Bengal Breakfast Tea 12-Pack
Organic Bengal Breakfast Tea Mini Eco-Canister 6 bags, 12-Pack (72 bags total)

Teatulia Organic Earl of Bengal Tea 12-Pack
Organic Earl of Bengal Tea Mini Eco-Canister 6 bags, 12-Pack (72 bags total)

Teatulia Organic Tea 6 x 6 Trial Pack
Organic Green Tea Mini Eco-Canister Containing 6 bags, 6-Pack (36 bags total)
Organic Tulsi Infusion Tea Mini Eco-Canister Containing 6 bags, 6-Pack (36 bags total)

Teatulia 6 x 6 Bengal Sample Pack
Organic Bengal Breakfast Tea Mini Eco-Canister of 6 bags, 6-Pack (36 bags total)
Organic Earl of Bengal Tea Mini Eco-Canister of 6 bags, 6-Pack (36 bags total)

Teatulia Tea Medley 12-Pack
Organic Green Tea Mini Eco-Canister of 6 bags, 3-Pack (18 bags total)
Organic Tulsi Infusion Tea Mini Eco-Canister of 6 bags, 3-Pack (18 bags total)
Organic Bengal Breakfast Tea Mini Eco-Canister of 6 bags, 3-Pack (18 bags total)
Organic Earl of Bengal Tea Mini Eco-Canister of 6 bags, 3-Pack (18 bags total)

Previous offers:
7/9/09
1/8/10

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple
Exalted High Tastemaster Supreme
“In the entire world there are only a few sounds that bring joy to all but the most jaded. One is the murmur of a kitten purring. Another is the thwack of a well-pitched baseball hitting a perfectly swung bat. And the third is the pop of a cork being pulled from a bottle of wine.” —George Taber

bellehelene

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bellehelene
inkycatz wrote:It's time for tea!

As far as I can tell, there's been one sale of one set (medley) in all this time. $40 for 72 teabags?? We'll be seeing these for a while.

Bellehelene

North316

quality posts: 107 Private Messages North316

This is probably good if you are a tea lover, but I just can't justify buying tea at this price, and in this quantity. I am sure it would lose it's freshness long before I could get through all of it.

As for the coffee, at $16-20 per lb, plus shipping, I will pass on that as well.

My CT
"Trust your homies on the net", Clark Smith.
R.I.P. Inkycatz - Feb. 2013

cortot20

quality posts: 136 Private Messages cortot20

In march 11' these were offered in 16 bag containers in a 3 pack for 21.99 shipped.
3x16 = 48 bags, 45.8 cents a bag

This offer
12 containers of 6 bags each for $44.99
12x6 = 72 bags, 62.5 cents a bag

26.8% percent increase per bag.
Not sure I'm into that but I have enjoyed these teas in the past.

CT

teatulia

quality posts: 2 Private Messages teatulia
bellehelene wrote:As far as I can tell, there's been one sale of one set (medley) in all this time. $40 for 72 teabags?? We'll be seeing these for a while.

Did you know you can steep each tea bag 2-3 times each? It's true! Teatulia is some of the highest quality tea on the market! All of our tea comes from our very OWN garden in Northern Bangladesh.

teatulia

North316 wrote:This is probably good if you are a tea lover, but I just can't justify buying tea at this price, and in this quanitity. I am sure it would lose it's freshness long before I could get through all of it.

As for the coffee, at $16-20 per lb, plus shipping, I will pass on that as well.

Tea keeps fresh (up to two years) as long as you seal it properly and keep it in an airtight container.

teatulia

cortot20 wrote:In march 11' these were offered in 16 bag containers in a 3 pack for 21.99 shipped.

This offer

What teas have you tried of Teatulia's?

teatulia

TEA!

lbappel

quality posts: 8 Private Messages lbappel

Linda - Co-Founder & CEO of Teatulia here.

So much tea...

So our thinking was, this is a great sampler pack. Keep a few for yourself and have the rest on hand for when you are going to that dinner party or that shower or that lawn party and you need a hostess gift. Teatulia is perfect! Make a 3 pack and tie it with ribbon.

Single garden teas of the highest quality that are directly giving back to our own community in Northern Bangladesh. You can even wrap the gift in the 2-page Newsweek spread that featured Teatulia: http://www.thedailybeast.com/newsweek/2012/05/06/teatulia-how-organic-tea-transformed-a-bangladesh-community.html

lbappel

If you are looking for some great new cocktails, use Teatulia Teas as a base. (and yet another great gift = a Mini Eco Canister + spirits!)

See below for recipe #1 - more to come...

(submitted by Anika Zappe, Denver)

3/4 oz Lemon Juice
3/4 oz Simple syrup
1 1/2 oz ginger vodka (we use Skyy)
2 oz strong Teatulia green tea
shake all ingredients with ice, strain and serve in a 12 oz glass with fresh ice and a lemon wedge.

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
lbappel wrote:If you are looking for some great new cocktails, use Teatulia Teas as a base. (and yet another great gift = a Mini Eco Canister + spirits!)

That's pretty handy - I wouldn't have thought of that one. Thanks!

I'm just hanging out, really.

lbappel

oooh. Glad you like it.

Here's another that uses the Tulsi Infusion (as the weekend is approaching):

Swedish Toddy
(submitted by Kevin Burke from Colt & Gray)

Glass: 6oz tempered Irish Coffee Glass
Garnish: Star Anise, Lemon twist

Ingredients:
1 oz Aquavit (Krogstad or O.P. Anderson)
1/2 teaspoon honey
4 oz Tulsi Infusion Tea (Hot)

Method:
Disolve honey in hot tea, add aquavit. Garnish with lemon and star anise.

adamlipsius

quality posts: 0 Private Messages adamlipsius

Just got the medley. We have this tea at my office, and it's good at keeping me awake in the afternoon without tearing me up like coffee or dumping me off a cliff 20 minutes after drinking.

It's whole leaf but in a neat tea bag, and it's smooth... (though I wish they had labels to make pulling it out of the cup easier).

It'll be nice to get 'em at home for the weekends, and maybe give 'em to people for birthday/holiday presents. Plus, my kids will play with the canisters.

lbappel

CNNMoney.com covered Teatulia:

http://money.cnn.com/2011/06/23/smallbusiness/teatulia_organic_tea_company/index.htm

leronis

quality posts: 5 Private Messages leronis

Oooh, tea! And new-to-me tea at that! In for a medley...

scoopkk

quality posts: 0 Private Messages scoopkk

Just as my palate for good wine has progressed over the years, so has my joy in trying out new teas. Plus, there's the added health benefit to each! So I am in for one medley, and looking forward to tasting Teatulia. Thanks for the drink options, too.

lbappel

More recipe options-

For breakfast, try poaching an egg with a Green tea or Earl of Bengal pyramid in the water.

Wow!

nburriss

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nburriss

It's a shame these are in bags. I almost never drink bagged tea. I like seeing the leaves unfurl. I would love to try a tea from Bangladesh, but at the price of $8.30 (approx) per ounce, I don't think I want to get $40 worth and maybe find out it isn't to my liking. I have paid that much for quality tea in the past but never for such a quantity at once on an untasted tea. Steepster has favorable reviews and also it seems that you have loose leaf available... so maybe not from this Woot, but I will probably check you out sooner or later.

MML666

quality posts: 2 Private Messages MML666
lbappel wrote:Linda - Co-Founder & CEO of Teatulia here.

So much tea...

So our thinking was, this is a great sampler pack. Keep a few for yourself and have the rest on hand for when you are going to that dinner party or that shower or that lawn party and you need a hostess gift. Teatulia is perfect! Make a 3 pack and tie it with ribbon.

Single garden teas of the highest quality that are directly giving back to our own community in Northern Bangladesh. You can even wrap the gift in the 2-page Newsweek spread that featured Teatulia: http://www.thedailybeast.com/newsweek/2012/05/06/teatulia-how-organic-tea-transformed-a-bangladesh-community.html

Do the teas contain anything other than the actual tea leaves?

lbappel

nburriss wrote:It's a shame these are in bags. I almost never drink bagged tea. I like seeing the leaves unfurl. I would love to try a tea from Bangladesh, but at the price of $8.30 (approx) per ounce, I don't think I want to get $40 worth and maybe find out it isn't to my liking. I have paid that much for quality tea in the past but never for such a quantity at once on an untasted tea. Steepster has favorable reviews and also it seems that you have loose leaf available... so maybe not from this Woot, but I will probably check you out sooner or later.

We guarantee that this is some of the best tea you will ever enjoy. We have won awards from the Specialty Food Association of America and the World Tea Competition. The fine folks at Woot wouldn't have asked us back if we weren't something pretty special...

The flavor profile - full bodied, complex brew with a sweet smooth finish. Truly. Really. Amazing stuff.

lbappel

MML666 wrote:Do the teas contain anything other than the actual tea leaves?

All Teatulia Teas contain pure tea leaves and herbs that come from our own tea garden - one of the the largest organic tea gardens in the world.

HOWEVER, the Earl of Bengal - our take on Earl Grey - does contain Natural Bergamot Oil which is a citrus oil that gives Earl its special Earl-ness and we can't get that in Bangladesh.

We pride ourselves on not putting fancy flavors in our teas - our teas are so good we don't need to mask them...

lbappel

Yet another unique thing about Teatulia - our teas come directly from our own tea garden to you. We don't go through any middle men, brokers, distributors, nothing. That makes our teas some of the freshest on the market!

Fresh is not something you probably usually think to associate with tea, eh?

guest11111

quality posts: 1 Private Messages guest11111
cortot20 wrote:In march 11' these were offered in 16 bag containers in a 3 pack for 21.99 shipped.

This offer

$24 shipped for a sampler of 3 canisters with 16 bags each on the Teatulia website. Or 6 canisters shipped for $42. That's 96 bags for $42 instead of 72 bags for $45 here.

Naris

quality posts: 12 Private Messages Naris

Very strange that Woot won't shop bags of tea to Hawaii. Oh well, guess I'll get my tea fix elsewhere.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 563 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Naris wrote:Very strange that Woot won't shop bags of tea to Hawaii. Oh well, guess I'll get my tea fix elsewhere.

Some items are drop shipped from the vendor and we're limited to what the vendor can do. Sorry.

FORUM MODERATOR.............ON VACATION!
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

cortot20

guest11111 wrote:$24 shipped for a sampler of 3 canisters with 16 bags each on the Teatulia website. Or 6 canisters shipped for $42. That's 96 bags for $42 instead of 72 bags for $45 here.

Yeah, it's odd that their site is offering roughly 1/3 more tea for the same price. Although you can't replicate the same exact deal. I wonder if they marked the price down after the sale ended.

CT

cortot20

My order still shows pending shipping. Yet I have the order sitting next to me at the table and never recieved a shipping notification. Odd.

CT

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 563 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

cortot20 wrote:My order still shows pending shipping. Yet I have the order sitting next to me at the table and never recieved a shipping notification. Odd.

I'll let 'em know.

FORUM MODERATOR.............ON VACATION!
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders