2010 Il Cuore "The Heart" Mendocino County Barbera 50ml
2009 Stickybeak California Syrah 50ml
2009 Penley Estate "Condor" Coonawarra Red Blend 50ml
CT links above

Website

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple
Exalted High Tastemaster Supreme
“In the entire world there are only a few sounds that bring joy to all but the most jaded. One is the murmur of a kitten purring. Another is the thwack of a well-pitched baseball hitting a perfectly swung bat. And the third is the pop of a cork being pulled from a bottle of wine.” —George Taber

rjquillin

quality posts: 170 Private Messages rjquillin

Cesare, I feel your linky pain on this one.

CT

bkarlan

quality posts: 46 Private Messages bkarlan

Great for bringing on the plane. The will fit nicely in your little plastic bag and are small enough to qualify to get passed security.

"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse..." - John Stuart Mill

mikegberg

quality posts: 56 Private Messages mikegberg

So, for $40, you get less than one bottle of wine, and not enough of anything to pour a glass?

"There are more old wine drinkers than old doCTors." -François Rabelais

tfreeman451

quality posts: 2 Private Messages tfreeman451

My girlfriend is really into wine. I'm clueless when it comes to wine. Her birthday is next month. Would this be a fun gift for her?

Jollylittlebaker

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Jollylittlebaker

Direct Links:

Red and White Essentials

Food-Friendly Wines

Looks like the MSRP is correct, worth about $30/each, so a solid discount.

Seems like a good holiday gift to have on hand in case you forget someone. Plus, you can always drink it yourself...on an airplane.

the18thtee84

quality posts: 2 Private Messages the18thtee84

$40 for almost a full bottle of wine! It's a steal!

Monco

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Monco

As a lover of all things twisted, I can tell you that at least one of those wines is absolutely delicious.

*%#&@!

check out www.twistedoak.com for more spanish rhone blends and delicious tempranillo mmmmmmmmm

bsevern

quality posts: 109 Private Messages bsevern

I did a tastingroom.com living social special last year, basically you ended up with two tasting kits of Napa cabs for ~ $30.

It was fun, the wines were good, BUT these bottles are TINY....50ML is about the smallest pour you will ever receive from the stingiest of wineries. That said, the samplers I had included two bottles of $85 cabs....or 100ML of a bottle of $85 cab, it was good, and I was happy.

This isn't a bad deal for some fun tasting a variety of nice wines.

factotum

quality posts: 10 Private Messages factotum

Keep in mind 50ml is about a fifth of a cup (0.211338 cups to be precise).

rosstx

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rosstx

My initial thought was what a fun possible treat / icebreaker on a flight, but i think Oz limits are 3.
What a shame.

Cesare

quality posts: 1592 Private Messages Cesare
rosstx wrote:My initial thought was what a fun possible treat / icebreaker on a flight, but i think Oz limits are 3.
What a shame.

No
As bkarlan said above:

bkarlan wrote:Great for bringing on the plane. The will fit nicely in your little plastic bag and are small enough to qualify to get passed security.

The liquid limit is 3.4 ounce (100ml) so these are fine.

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple
“In the entire world there are only a few sounds that bring joy to all but the most jaded. One is the murmur of a kitten purring. Another is the thwack of a well-pitched baseball hitting a perfectly swung bat. And the third is the pop of a cork being pulled from a bottle of wine.” —George Taber

rosstx

My mistake the Mil's work out to 1.6907 oz. So there a tad bigger than the airline bottle of alcohol.

Cesare

quality posts: 1592 Private Messages Cesare

The Stickybeak wine is listed as Syrah but the picture is Pinot Noir.
Assuming Syrah is correct since that is what tastingroom.com shows but can we get confirmation?

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple

rosstx

A newly informed perspective from other flyers comments on legalize.
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/travelbuzz/950366-mini-alcohol-carry.html

mikop168

quality posts: 9 Private Messages mikop168

hmmmmm... I feel compelled to buy this as props for my 1/3 size dolls...

MasterBinky

quality posts: 1 Private Messages MasterBinky

Take the last drop of every tiny bottle and mix them all together. The result...It's a secret to everybody.

MasterBinky

quality posts: 1 Private Messages MasterBinky
mikop168 wrote:hmmmmm... I feel compelled to buy this as props for my 1/3 size dolls...

If you set the lights and music just right, and make sure to leave the room. The next day you will mysteriously end up with additional dolls that are 1/12.

ashleysimpson

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ashleysimpson

When I saw the size of the bottles I was tempted to click away... but, then I looked at the picture of the miniature bottles in their box, and they just looked so adorable I think I'm going to have to go for this, plus I figure I can get two and me and a friend can have an at home tasting, and by the end we'll have each had a bit less than a bottle of wine, so we should be pretty nicely tipsy... though if we'll have any thoughts at all about the quality of each wine is questionable.

agiraffe

quality posts: 0 Private Messages agiraffe

When you factor in the 14 dollars for shipping, it is an even bigger discount.

lostaxic

quality posts: 1 Private Messages lostaxic
rosstx wrote:My mistake the Mil's work out to 1.6907 oz. So there a tad bigger than the airline bottle of alcohol.

Actually, the mini bottles of liquor you get on airplanes are 50 ml, so these are exactly the same size. (For comparison, the single serving wine bottles are usually 187 ml.)

sylandi

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sylandi
lostaxic wrote:Actually, the mini bottles of liquor you get on airplanes are 50 ml, so these are exactly the same size. (For comparison, the single serving wine bottles are usually 187 ml.)

i.e. They are tiny. 50ml X 6 bottles X 2 boxes = 600 ml which is still less than one standard bottle (750 ml).

bhodilee

quality posts: 32 Private Messages bhodilee
mikegberg wrote:So, for $40, you get less than one bottle of wine, and not enough of anything to pour a glass?

you're looking at it ALL WRONG. These are obviously meant to be the classiest shots ever. At least, I've always felt better than everyone else when I do shots of wine. Or most anything, but I'm kind of a tattle tale so don't listen to me.

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."

– George Bernard Shaw, author (1856-1950)

bhodilee

tfreeman451 wrote:My girlfriend is really into wine. I'm clueless when it comes to wine. Her birthday is next month. Would this be a fun gift for her?

Actually yes, if she hates it and breaks up with you, buy twelve remote control boats, use these to christen all of them. you win either way.

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."

North316

quality posts: 107 Private Messages North316
bhodilee wrote:Actually yes, if she hates it and breaks up with you, buy twelve remote control boats, use these to christen all of them. you win either way.

+12 I don't know that was just really funny, or if I just haven't coffee yet.

My CT
"Trust your homies on the net", Clark Smith.
R.I.P. Inkycatz - Feb. 2013

deckerbrian

quality posts: 16 Private Messages deckerbrian

I've had the IlCoure Barbera... Very good. Looking for more.

jhkey

quality posts: 51 Private Messages jhkey
lostaxic wrote:Actually, the mini bottles of liquor you get on airplanes are 50 ml, so these are exactly the same size. (For comparison, the single serving wine bottles are usually 187 ml.)

Exactly. These are the size as airplane bottles of liquor.

"I double the doctor's recommendation of a glass and a half of wine a day and even treble it with a friend."
- Thomas Jefferson (CT)

rpm

quality posts: 170 Private Messages rpm

A cute idea. They strike me as just the sort of gift for a wine geek to be given by someone for whom the value of money is irrelevant and who knows too little to select something interesting. From my curmudgeon's perspective, the value in the proposition just isn't there. If the bottles were 200 ml, it might be a reasonable deal, but 50 ml?

Wine-tasting in 8 words:
Pull lots of corks!
Remember what you taste!

edlada

quality posts: 4 Private Messages edlada

I wonder if they have a teeny tiny bottling line to fill these little guys. Or if some poor cellar rat has to sit there with a funnel.

My dogs like me, that is important.

funbunny

quality posts: 25 Private Messages funbunny

This would be a fun product if you love to cook and want to experiment with creating small plates to pair with each wine. At this price buy two sets and it's the perfect pour for each person plus you have enough for two dinners. I make multi course wine paired dinners for hubby and I on New Years Eve. It's fun but I am left with nine open bottles of wine to try to use up the following week.

"Wine is sunshine held together by water" - Galileo Galilei

bhodilee

Well then, now we know where they get the stock for these.

beckymedearis

quality posts: 0 Private Messages beckymedearis

A regular bottle is 750 ml, so all 10 or 12 of these mini 50ml bottles do not add up to a bottle...if i can add correctly. will pass

tonycyndy

quality posts: 14 Private Messages tonycyndy

All screwtops...that means I couldn't use my teensy-tiny corkscrew that I made from a ball-point pen spring and a match stick.

dh4645

quality posts: 3 Private Messages dh4645

seemed like a cool gift to get until i saw how much it is + shipping ... and especially how small the bottles are.

pass

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 560 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Cesare wrote:The Stickybeak wine is listed as Syrah but the picture is Pinot Noir.
Assuming Syrah is correct since that is what tastingroom.com shows but can we get confirmation?

Just heard back. The photo is wrong. You are indeed getting the Stickybeak Syrah as noted in the description.

Sorry for the confusion. Now, go by 3.

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• YOU MUST CONTACT CS. Do not post in the forum for help.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy[/b] ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 560 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

dh4645 wrote:seemed like a cool gift to get until i saw how much it is + shipping ... and especially how small the bottles are.

pass

Wait... the shipping is no different than any other day.

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• YOU MUST CONTACT CS. Do not post in the forum for help.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy[/b] ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

lstaff

quality posts: 200 Private Messages lstaff
North316 wrote:+12 I don't know that was just really funny, or if I just haven't coffee yet.

No, that's really, really funny!!!

edorth

quality posts: 1 Private Messages edorth

This is a great opportunity to try out my daughter's Barbie corkscrew.

Wait, screw tops. Never mind...

bhodilee

edorth wrote:This is a great opportunity to try out my daughter's Barbie corkscrew.

Wait, screw tops. Never mind...

I dunno, if you're really really diligent (read stupid) you can absolutely cut through a screw top with the wheeled foil cutter on your waiters corkscrew.