WootBot


quality posts: 15 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Naked Winery

Here's the naked truth: wine isn't for stodgy old white guys in dinner jackets. Nothing against you, Congressman, but wine's for everyone! Stripped down to nothing but flavor, anyone can find a wine they'll enjoy. That's what Naked Winery is about. Also No Pants Friday. But we can talk about that later.
Naked Winery official site


Twitter
Facebook

Quality Posts


Cesare


quality posts: 1643 Private Messages Cesare

Naked Winery

Naked Winery 2010 Gay Rosé 4-Pack
$54.99 (Normally $80.00) 31% off List Price
2010 Gay Rosé

Naked Winery Whites 4-Pack
$59.99 (Normally $89.00) 33% off List Price
2011 Fling Gewürztraminer, Oregon
2009 Complicated Viognier, Columbia Valley
2011 Naked Pinot Gris, Willamette Valley
2010 Sure Thing- Symphony Blend

Naked Winery 2010 Pinot Noir 3-Pack
$54.99 (Normally $86.00) 36% off List Price
2010 Dominatrix Pinot Noir, Willamette Valley
2 2010 Naked Pinot Noir, Oregon

Naked Winery Varietal Red 4-Pack
$69.99 (Normally $108.00) 35% off List Price
2008 Penetration Cabernet Sauvignon, Columbia Valley, WA
2009 Naked Merlot, Columbia Valley, WA
2010 Vixen Syrah, Rogue Valley
2008 Missionary Cabernet Sauvignon, Columbia Valley, WA

Naked Winery Big Red Mixed 6-Pack
$99.99 (Normally $178.00) 44% off List Price
2009 Diva Sangiovese, Columbia Valley, WA
2009 Naked Merlot, Columbia Valley, WA
2008 Penetration Cabernet Sauvignon, Columbia Valley, WA
2008 Committed Big Red
2010 Vixen Syrah, Rogue Valley
2008 Climax, American Red Table Wine

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple
Exalted High Tastemaster Supreme
“In the entire world there are only a few sounds that bring joy to all but the most jaded. One is the murmur of a kitten purring. Another is the thwack of a well-pitched baseball hitting a perfectly swung bat. And the third is the pop of a cork being pulled from a bottle of wine.” —George Taber

nakeddavidb


quality posts: 18 Private Messages nakeddavidb

If you have any questions about the wines fire away and either Jody or I will answer. We'll check on a regular basis after the Raiders game today. Yes, I used to live in the SF Bay area where I developed my passion for wines and I've not been able to kick the football habit either.

David B

montegobayjr


quality posts: 10 Private Messages montegobayjr
nakeddavidb wrote:If you have any questions about the wines fire away and either Jody or I will answer. We'll check on a regular basis after the Raiders game today. Yes, I used to live in the SF Bay area where I developed my passion for wines and I've not been able to kick the football habit either.

David B



Seriously, why no shipment to Connecticut? We've done our part; Connecticut allows direct shipments from vineyards...and we have money to spend...I just don't get it...

9ers fan, tho, circa ~Joe Montana~

nakeddavidb


quality posts: 18 Private Messages nakeddavidb
montegobayjr wrote:Seriously, why no shipment to Connecticut? We've done our part; Connecticut allows direct shipments from vineyards...and we have money to spend...I just don't get it...

9ers fan, tho, circa ~Joe Montana~



Montana was great and half my family are 49'rs fans. In terms of CT I really need to check it out and see why it's not on our list. Thank you for the feedback to get it done.

David B

endowd


quality posts: 0 Private Messages endowd
nakeddavidb wrote:Montana was great and half my family are 49'rs fans. In terms of CT I really need to check it out and see why it's not on our list. Thank you for the feedback to get it done.

David B



Maybe it's because CT doesn't have a pro football team. Wait, you ship to Oregon though, so that can't be it. ~ Denise E...

nakeddavidb


quality posts: 18 Private Messages nakeddavidb
endowd wrote:Maybe it's because CT doesn't have a pro football team. Wait, you ship to Oregon though, so that can't be it. ~ Denise E...



I did some checking on CT $310 per year for direct shipping permit and $200 per label every 3 years. Ouch! We will likely have to wait till 2013 to afford this at a limited level i.e. just our main volume labels (cab, merlot, chard ...)

David B

chipgreen


quality posts: 195 Private Messages chipgreen
nakeddavidb wrote:I did some checking on CT $310 per year for direct shipping permit and $200 per label every 3 years. Ouch! We will likely have to wait till 2013 to afford this at a limited level i.e. just our main volume labels (cab, merlot, chard ...)

David B



I can't help but notice how well a slightly modified version of Denise's screen name would work for a future Naked wine.

endowd


quality posts: 0 Private Messages endowd
chipgreen wrote:I can't help but notice how well a slightly modified version of Denise's screen name would work for a future Naked wine.



Jody/David... Maybe for our 25th Anniversary you could do a limited release of a Well-Endowd wine!

montegobayjr


quality posts: 10 Private Messages montegobayjr
nakeddavidb wrote:I did some checking on CT $310 per year for direct shipping permit and $200 per label every 3 years. Ouch! We will likely have to wait till 2013 to afford this at a limited level i.e. just our main volume labels (cab, merlot, chard ...)

David B



How do those fees compare to other states? We are going through a lot of changes right now (we can now buy wine and beer on Sunday!), and I know they are looking at the issue of State mandated minimums on pricing...

North316


quality posts: 107 Private Messages North316
montegobayjr wrote:How do those fees compare to other states? We are going through a lot of changes right now (we can now buy wine and beer on Sunday!), and I know they are looking at the issue of State mandated minimums on pricing...



I think ohio is $50 per winery per year, no additional charges for separate labels. $310 plus additional charges per label is a bit steep.

My CT
"Trust your homies on the net", Clark Smith.
R.I.P. Inkycatz - Feb. 2013

scott0210


quality posts: 6 Private Messages scott0210

I've really liked the Washington cabs like Raised by Wolves and Gilbert. Anybody know how the cabs in the four pack would compare to those? Different regions right?

North316


quality posts: 107 Private Messages North316
scott0210 wrote:I've really liked the Washington cabs like Raised by Wolves and Gilbert. Anybody know how the cabs in the four pack would compare to those? Different regions right?



Washington Wine Regions Map

You are correct, different regions. RBW was from the Walla Walla Valley, while these are from the Columbia Valley. I don't have nearly enough experience with these regions to be able to tell you any differences or similarities in micro-climates. You would probably have to look a little closer at the wine stats themselves (PH, TA, RS, etc) to determine how similar they were. I would help with this, but I am currently pushing through my 13th hour of work for the day.

My CT
"Trust your homies on the net", Clark Smith.
R.I.P. Inkycatz - Feb. 2013

nfurlong


quality posts: 1 Private Messages nfurlong

I've gotta assume since no one's talking about the wines, they're not worth talking about. Right?

SneezyKevinA


quality posts: 3 Private Messages SneezyKevinA
nfurlong wrote:I've gotta assume since no one's talking about the wines, they're not worth talking about. Right?



No, I think most of us don't venture to the other offers or make comments on them. I have been very happy with the naked wines from woot in the past. I remember loving the Cab. That said, I don't keep tasting notes so I can't help further.

nakeddavidb


quality posts: 18 Private Messages nakeddavidb
endowd wrote:Jody/David... Maybe for our 25th Anniversary you could do a limited release of a Well-Endowd wine!



We do make limited releases each year and I searched the trademark database ... and endowed is not being used so we will submit a label for approval.

I think the wine should be a big red.

nakeddavidb


quality posts: 18 Private Messages nakeddavidb
North316 wrote:Washington Wine Regions Map

You are correct, different regions. RBW was from the Walla Walla Valley, while these are from the Columbia Valley. I don't have nearly enough experience with these regions to be able to tell you any differences or similarities in micro-climates. You would probably have to look a little closer at the wine stats themselves (PH, TA, RS, etc) to determine how similar they were. I would help with this, but I am currently pushing through my 13th hour of work for the day.



The fruit for these wines is sourced from the Wahluke Slope within the Columbia Valley. Walla Walla is also within the Columbia Valley AVA.

Hey Guys, I updated this post as I do remember Gilbert Cellars as they have a tasting room in Yakima which I visited AND their fruit is also sourced from the Wahluke Slope just like our cabernet. They do indeed make fine wine.

In a very simplistic and biased way I would say that our cabernets will have different Oak Barrel notes (Penetration - vanillan/butterscotch) vs. say (Gilbert - cedar)on the nose when comparing the two. Beyond, that it's very vintage dependent.

nakeddavidb


quality posts: 18 Private Messages nakeddavidb
nfurlong wrote:I've gotta assume since no one's talking about the wines, they're not worth talking about. Right?



Ouch!

In another way though, it's kind of funny, as I tell visitors to our tasting room if you are at a party and everyone is talking about the wine there's usually something wrong with it.

I think wine should be the catalyst and pleasant ether that brings us together without being in our face or interrupting the conversation.

nakeddavidb


quality posts: 18 Private Messages nakeddavidb
SneezyKevinA wrote:No, I think most of us don't venture to the other offers or make comments on them. I have been very happy with the naked wines from woot in the past. I remember loving the Cab. That said, I don't keep tasting notes so I can't help further.



Thank you!

nakeddavidb


quality posts: 18 Private Messages nakeddavidb

I'll check in later today but for now I'm off to make sure we have enough fermenters and tanks for this year's harvest. It's a great year so far, with fruit running about two weeks early.

Let's hope for a dry fall and please don't let the Nebbiolo arrive in the same week that Barbera does.

David B

chipgreen


quality posts: 195 Private Messages chipgreen
nakeddavidb wrote:We do make limited releases each year and I searched the trademark database ... and endowed is not being used so we will submit a label for approval.

I think the wine should be a big red.



When I was noticing the appropriateness of Denise's screen name for a Naked wine, it also occurred to me that Well Endowed could have a companion wine called Well Hung. These could be paired with wines that celebrate the female anatomy such as Boobylicious and Bootylicious. If Beyonce objects, you could go with something like Bountiful Bosom and Boom-Boom Booty.

Yeah, that's the ticket....

nfurlong


quality posts: 1 Private Messages nfurlong
nakeddavidb wrote:Ouch!

In another way though, it's kind of funny, as I tell visitors to our tasting room if you are at a party and everyone is talking about the wine there's usually something wrong with it.

I think wine should be the catalyst and pleasant ether that brings us together without being in our face or interrupting the conversation.



Thanks for the response. I did not mean to insult your wine, but rather to distract the community from it's "why not my state?" indulgence.

Your point about wine being the catalyst is well taken, for real-world settings, where all conversation occurs in but one "place". However, in compartmented online forums like this, the only reason we go to this particular silo is to learn about these particular wines. Oh, and I guess also to complain about why these wines aren't being shipped to our state. :-)

I am keen to hear about others' personal experiences in tasting these wines.

Thanks!

nakeddavidb


quality posts: 18 Private Messages nakeddavidb
nfurlong wrote:Thanks for the response. I did not mean to insult your wine, but rather to distract the community from it's "why not my state?" indulgence.

Your point about wine being the catalyst is well taken, for real-world settings, where all conversation occurs in but one "place". However, in compartmented online forums like this, the only reason we go to this particular silo is to learn about these particular wines. Oh, and I guess also to complain about why these wines aren't being shipped to our state. :-)

I am keen to hear about others' personal experiences in tasting these wines.

Thanks!



I'm with you and I need to start really being part of the woot community so that I can learn more about wine as well. I just ordered my first woot, the Cinque Gemma Cuvee.

Regards,

David B

inkycatz


quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
nakeddavidb wrote:I'm with you and I need to start really being part of the woot community so that I can learn more about wine as well. I just ordered my first woot, the Cinque Gemma Cuvee.

Regards,

David B


The first of many orders, we hope! Enjoy it!

I'm just hanging out, really.

scott0210


quality posts: 6 Private Messages scott0210
nakeddavidb wrote:The fruit for these wines is sourced from the Wahluke Slope within the Columbia Valley. Walla Walla is also within the Columbia Valley AVA.

Hey Guys, I updated this post as I do remember Gilbert Cellars as they have a tasting room in Yakima which I visited AND their fruit is also sourced from the Wahluke Slope just like our cabernet. They do indeed make fine wine.

In a very simplistic and biased way I would say that our cabernets will have different Oak Barrel notes (Penetration - vanillan/butterscotch) vs. say (Gilbert - cedar)on the nose when comparing the two. Beyond, that it's very vintage dependent.



Thank you. I'm definitely going to give these a shot. I've had 2 different vintages of the Gilbert and liked them both

The stats on your wines look like our wooters type too. Pretty low ph not too high alcohol

nakeddavidb


quality posts: 18 Private Messages nakeddavidb
scott0210 wrote:Thank you. I'm definitely going to give these a shot. I've had 2 different vintages of the Gilbert and liked them both

The stats on your wines look like our wooters type too. Pretty low ph not too high alcohol



Let me know what you think once you get the wines. (david@nakedwinery.com).

46&2


quality posts: 7 Private Messages 46&2

I was intrigued by their marketing and had to look up where they are...low and behold, Hood River. I'll be there for a wedding this weekend(although the city almost ruined their wedding by shutting down, just a couple of weeks ago, the venue they booked a year ago for a noise ordinance) Hopefully I can stop by for a taste, I just have to pull myself out of Double Mountain first. We are bringing a good sized contingency of restaurant people-owners, employees, distributors from around Oregon into town, most of us are in the industry.

nakeddavidb


quality posts: 18 Private Messages nakeddavidb
46&2 wrote:I was intrigued by their marketing and had to look up where they are...low and behold, Hood River. I'll be there for a wedding this weekend(although the city almost ruined their wedding by shutting down, just a couple of weeks ago, the venue they booked a year ago for a noise ordinance) Hopefully I can stop by for a taste, I just have to pull myself out of Double Mountain first. We are bringing a good sized contingency of restaurant people-owners, employees, distributors from around Oregon into town, most of us are in the industry.



Double Mountain Brewery is one of my favorite places and I'm particular to the Kolsch. You also must try our newest brewer Pfriem as well. If you do get a chance to drop by at Naked Winery we'll have four local brews on tap.

I should be there 12-5pm on Saturday. Say, hi if you wish and we can open up something old.

losthighwayz


quality posts: 59 Private Messages losthighwayz

Winery: can you elaborate on the Rose? I noticed its mostly Pinot. Does it have any sweetness, either real or perceived? Also, is it crips and lively or more subdued and french-sty;e? Fimnally, stainless or oak? I hope my questions make sense.

Thanks

"The older I get the better I was"

losthighwayz


quality posts: 59 Private Messages losthighwayz
losthighwayz wrote:Winery: can you elaborate on the Rose? I noticed its mostly Pinot. Does it have any sweetness, either real or perceived? Also, is it crips and lively or more subdued and french-sty;e? Fimnally, stainless or oak? I hope my questions make sense.

Thanks



Hello? Readytopull the trigger but I guess no winery interest. Bummer.

"The older I get the better I was"

ThunderThighs


quality posts: 585 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

losthighwayz wrote:Hello? Readytopull the trigger but I guess no winery interest. Bummer.


No winery interest? Did you see all his posts above?

Looks like you missed him by a couple hours...days. Sorry you didn't get your questions answered this time around but keep checking back.



FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

nakeddavidb


quality posts: 18 Private Messages nakeddavidb
losthighwayz wrote:Hello? Readytopull the trigger but I guess no winery interest. Bummer.



Sorry, to let you guys down. I checked things around 5pm my time before I made dinner for my family. I literally crashed shortly thereafter with some "bug" that I've been fighting just sucking the energy from me.

Now, on to the Rose, it's really pretty dry i.e. little, 1% RS. But, both many percieve it as slightly sweet due the the fruitiness.

David B.