WootBot

quality posts: 15 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Broc Cellars Bennett Valley Grenache (3)

Speed to First Woot:
11m 42.777s
First Sucker:
awgraphics
Last Wooter to Woot:
montegobayjr
Last Purchase:
2 years ago
Order Pace (rank):
Bottom 20% of Wine Woots
Bottom 25% of all Woots
Woots Sold (rank):
Bottom 29% of Wine Woots
Bottom 30% of all Woots

Purchaser Experience

• 4% first woot
  • 4% second woot
  • 25% < 10 woots
  • 19% < 25 woots
  • 49% ≥ 25 woots

Purchaser Seniority

• 4% joined today
  • 0% one week old
  • 2% one month old
  • 19% one year old
  • 75% > one year old

Quantity Breakdown

• 81% bought 1
  • 13% bought 2
  • 6% bought 3

Percentage of Sales Per Hour

4%
4%
0%
0%
0%
4%
2%
9%
8%
2%
13%
6%
8%
8%
2%
0%
2%
2%
2%
2%
6%
13%
0%
6%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

Cesare

quality posts: 1699 Private Messages Cesare

Broc Cellars 2008 Bennett Valley Grenache 3-Pack
$64.99 (Normally $84.00) 23% off List Price
2008 Dry Stack Vineyard Bennett Valley Grenache
CT link above

Winery website

Previous offer:
10/16/11

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple
Exalted High Tastemaster Supreme
“In the entire world there are only a few sounds that bring joy to all but the most jaded. One is the murmur of a kitten purring. Another is the thwack of a well-pitched baseball hitting a perfectly swung bat. And the third is the pop of a cork being pulled from a bottle of wine.” —George Taber

tytiger58

quality posts: 74 Private Messages tytiger58

I loved the 08 Mendocino County, don't know if I can pass this up!

What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch? ~ W. C. Fields

“Freedom is something that dies unless it's used” Hunter S Thompson

klezman

quality posts: 131 Private Messages klezman

According to my CT note, I want more of this. According to my storage and wallet, I shouldn't get more of this. Anybody want to split?

2014: 57 bottles. Last wine.woot: 2011 Wellington Cab & Merlot, Roessler 2009 Bluejay, 2010 Bell Cabernet
2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 618 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

klezman wrote:According to my CT note, I want more of this. According to my storage and wallet, I shouldn't get more of this. Anybody want to split?

Do you have some tasting notes you can share?

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

cortot20

quality posts: 163 Private Messages cortot20

Hey W.W., Cheapskate here. Can we get some sub $20 Grenache.

CT

klezman

ThunderThighs wrote:Do you have some tasting notes you can share?

I haven't been taking high quality notes lately. Here's my CT note, and may it be enlightening to somebody
8/8/2012: PnP: Strawberries and minerality. Delicious. After a while the strawberry is still there, both on the nose and flavour-wise, but earth has joined in and there's some spice going on also. Nicely balanced, too.

2014: 57 bottles. Last wine.woot: 2011 Wellington Cab & Merlot, Roessler 2009 Bluejay, 2010 Bell Cabernet
2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 618 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

klezman wrote:I haven't been taking high quality notes lately. Here's my CT note, and may it be enlightening to somebody
8/8/2012: PnP: Strawberries and minerality. Delicious. After a while the strawberry is still there, both on the nose and flavour-wise, but earth has joined in and there's some spice going on also. Nicely balanced, too.

YAY! Thanks!

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

chipgreen

quality posts: 207 Private Messages chipgreen
cortot20 wrote:Hey W.W., Cheapskate here. Can we get some sub $20 Grenache.

This was $42.99 last time. I'd have been in for anything up to $49.99 but a 50% bump over the previous offer? Yikes!

beefytaco

quality posts: 7 Private Messages beefytaco

While I really wish that it was their Counoise, Broc wines are fantastic terroir-driven wines and I can't pass.
Even at $20/bottle, these will be worth the price of admission. If you can find it at your local shop, they'll easily be $25+

___
I have two accounts- this 'anonymous' username for commenting, as well as a 'purchasing' account which is my real name. Apologies for the white box on the left.

Also, in the interest of full disclosure- I'm ITB, selling wine for a living. None of my wines have ever been featured on Woot though, so don't fear the shilling.

cortot20

chipgreen wrote:This was $42.99 last time. I'd have been in for anything up to $49.99 but a 50% bump over the previous offer? Yikes!

Unfortunately I have really enjoyed some grenaches over the last few months but didn't Buy anything during last years Grenache-off. The $22 price bump is a bit much though.

CT

dah7m

quality posts: 9 Private Messages dah7m

Headed to the Bay Area next week and have a stop at Broc's Berkley tasting room on the agenda, otherwise I'd be in.
These look like quality products.

nyesq54

quality posts: 1 Private Messages nyesq54

First had a Broc Cellars grenache a little over a year ago at RN74 in San Francisco. I recently finished the last of my stash from the last time it was offered. When I went to the Broc Cellars web site about two weeks ago, they were out of the grenache. In for 2.

hiten900

quality posts: 10 Private Messages hiten900

Wine woot does not feel right anymore. Something is going wrong for me. Fewer deals I am interested in. Lesser community participation. More expensive wines than what I care for. Fewer repeats of my old favourites.
Sigh!

Winedavid39

quality posts: 214 Private Messages Winedavid39

Guest Blogger

chipgreen wrote:This was $42.99 last time. I'd have been in for anything up to $49.99 but a 50% bump over the previous offer? Yikes!

hello, so here's the deal. the last offer at $42.99 was suppose to be a two pack, but was inadvertantly run as a 3 pack. Benefit to the buyer. the current price is correct (and btw some great wine).

sorry for any confusion.

klezman

Winedavid39 wrote:hello, so here's the deal. the last offer at $42.99 was suppose to be a two pack, but was inadvertantly run as a 3 pack. Benefit to the buyer. the current price is correct (and btw some great wine).

sorry for any confusion.

Wish I'd known!

neilfindswine

quality posts: 173 Private Messages neilfindswine

Guest Blogger

...I bought one of those 3/2/oops packs...

Broc is a go-to/bring-to-a-wine-tasting-party wine; they always impress. The Carignane and this Dry Stack Grenache are personal fav's of mine.

Quality Rhone Varietal Juice, small production, not widely distributed...

I report to winedavid39...
...I like getting PM's from wannabe rodents...

brocwine

quality posts: 6 Private Messages brocwine

Here's some tasting notes for those interested: Our fifth varietally designated Grenache wine to come from the rocky soils of the Bennett Valley AVA, a
cooler sub-region of the Sonoma Valley Appellation. Aged in 100% French Oak, none of which is new, to
allow this regions Grenache to express its true character. This exotic aromatics and balanced fruit flavor
are what make this region so unique. The ’08 Grenache shows red fruits, along with kirsch, clove, black
currants and pepper spice. This wine has depth and focus, yet retains elegance and restraint through its
balance.

brocwine

This is my last vintage of working with Bennett Valley fruit. Beautiful grapes but also expensive. As far value goes you can't beat what is offered here. Fifth vintage with Grenache from here but first with a drop of Viognier!

janu0020

quality posts: 0 Private Messages janu0020

I bought the Dry Stack Grenache on their last offering and it was absoultely fantastic! One of my favorite woot purchases thus far.

chipgreen

Winedavid39 wrote:hello, so here's the deal. the last offer at $42.99 was suppose to be a two pack, but was inadvertantly run as a 3 pack. Benefit to the buyer. the current price is correct (and btw some great wine).

sorry for any confusion.

Thanks for the explanation!

winebratsf

quality posts: 0 Private Messages winebratsf
klezman wrote:According to my CT note, I want more of this. According to my storage and wallet, I shouldn't get more of this. Anybody want to split?

Darn wallets! I have way too much wine but I couldn't resist. Had to double up!

texacaliali

quality posts: 137 Private Messages texacaliali

Guest Blogger

winebratsf wrote:Darn wallets! I have way too much wine but I couldn't resist. Had to double up!

+1

WineDavid was my Boss!

paperthinwalls

quality posts: 1 Private Messages paperthinwalls

I've never tried a Grenache before. I prefer carmenere and most cab savs (I occasionally come across some of the "bigger" ones that give me minor headaches). And my wife is not a fan of sweeter wines (most whites for that matter).

Is this a wine that would be worth giving a try? Could someone convince me of a "yea" or "nay" choice?

Is this it? what am i supposed to do here?

brocwine

paperthinwalls wrote:I've never tried a Grenache before. I prefer carmenere and most cab savs (I occasionally come across some of the "bigger" ones that give me minor headaches). And my wife is not a fan of sweeter wines (most whites for that matter).

Is this a wine that would be worth giving a try? Could someone convince me of a "yea" or "nay" choice?

This is more Rhone-centric style of wine. It will be bigger than some French Bordeaux but definitely not as big as most Napa Cab Sauv's. This wine has some sweet fruit but definitely a dry red in respect to sugar.

neilfindswine

Guest Blogger

paperthinwalls wrote:I've never tried a Grenache before. I prefer carmenere and most cab savs (I occasionally come across some of the "bigger" ones that give me minor headaches). And my wife is not a fan of sweeter wines (most whites for that matter).

...the layers of fruit integrated with the spicy notes mentioned above ("...The ’08 Grenache shows red fruits, along with kirsch, clove, black currants and pepper spice...") are what makes this wine (and other well-made California Grenaches) sing for me.

If you like Carmenere, which often has spicy/peppery notes, you should give Grenache a try.

cortot20

I was kind of hoping this would go the other way and be 4 bottles for this price......oh well.

CT

chipgreen

cortot20 wrote:I was kind of hoping this would go the other way and be 4 bottles for this price......oh well.

It seems like a fair price for a good wine (despite some funky CT notes) but I can get good wines at fair prices right down the street at the local wine or grocery store, without having to wait for or worry about shipping and weather conditions. I buy from woot because of the awesome DEALS!

This wine can be had for a few cents less than the woot price at Pacific Wine Merchants in San Bernardino ($21.59/bottle with 10% case discount, otherwise it's $23.99). I'm sure that I would enjoy this Grenache and I'm even looking for an excuse to "unlock free shipping" for one of the Corley/Monticello Plus deals but with an already overflowing wine cellar, I need more motivation than just a good wine at a fair price.

neilfindswine

Guest Blogger

chipgreen wrote:It seems like a fair price for a good wine (despite some funky CT notes) but I can get good wines at fair prices right down the street at the local wine or grocery store, without having to wait for or worry about shipping and weather conditions. I buy from woot because of the awesome DEALS!

This wine can be had for a few cents less than the woot price at Pacific Wine Merchants in San Bernardino ($21.59/bottle with 10% case discount, otherwise it's $23.99). I'm sure that I would enjoy this Grenache and I'm even looking for an excuse to "unlock free shipping" for one of the Corley/Monticello Plus deals but with an already overflowing wine cellar, I need more motivation than just a good wine at a fair price.

Chip... I hear you loud and clear.. As you know my WineGPS is always on the hunt for good deals.

I have to pipe up and say that quality, small lot, vineyard designate California Grenache like this is a nice thing to find, and not as prolific as other varietals... supply and demand at work, as always.

And as far as the site you mentioned...after ground shipping and tax, a 3 pack costs $93.66 to ship to my place in Sonoma. A case is $307.50... (vs $69.99 and $264.96 at the Woot price). Shipping east of the Rockies get's pricier... even after subtracting the sales tax.

Respectfully, I stand behind this deal... Every deal we put together, IMHO, is a good one. Some are screaming discounts, others are good discounts on hard-to-find, quality juice. All are shipped for $5 with shipping issue resolution a click away at service@woot.com.

Just my two cents of course and I'm always around to hear your thoughts and discuss. (BTW I didn't see an 'unlock free shipping' button on the other site...)

beefytaco

quality posts: 7 Private Messages beefytaco
neilfindswine wrote:Chip... I hear you loud and clear.. As you know my WineGPS is always on the hunt for good deals.

I have to pipe up and say that quality, small lot, vineyard designate California Grenache like this is a nice thing to find, and not as prolific as other varietals... supply and demand at work, as always.

And as far as the site you mentioned...after ground shipping and tax, a 3 pack costs $93.66 to ship to my place in Sonoma. A case is $307.50... (vs $69.99 and $264.96 at the Woot price). Shipping east of the Rockies get's pricier... even after subtracting the sales tax.

Respectfully, I stand behind this deal... Every deal we put together, IMHO, is a good one. Some are screaming discounts, others are good discounts on hard-to-find, quality juice. All are shipped for $5 with shipping issue resolution a click away at service@woot.com.

Just my two cents of course and I'm always around to hear your thoughts and discuss. (BTW I didn't see an 'unlock free shipping' button on the other site...)

Gotta chime in with a resounding +1 to this post.
Wasn't production under 200 cases on this wine? A semi-cult, low-production wine being offered on Woot for well under my local store? This is why I come to Woot -- for offers like this and the Lioco, and the Ethan grenache. Killer stuff that only high-end shops that have an "in" stock.

___
I have two accounts- this 'anonymous' username for commenting, as well as a 'purchasing' account which is my real name. Apologies for the white box on the left.

Also, in the interest of full disclosure- I'm ITB, selling wine for a living. None of my wines have ever been featured on Woot though, so don't fear the shilling.

true559

quality posts: 25 Private Messages true559

Strange CT notes on this one. Don't know if I want a wine that tastes like butterscotch ?

tytiger58

beefytaco wrote:Gotta chime in with a resounding +1 to this post.
Wasn't production under 200 cases on this wine? A semi-cult, low-production wine being offered on Woot for well under my local store? This is why I come to Woot -- for offers like this and the Lioco, and the Ethan grenache. Killer stuff that only high-end shops that have an "in" stock.

+2

And based on the Mendocino Grenache I bought from an earlier woot this is an easy buy...even tho the last thing I need right now is more wine.

Last wooter to woot:tytiger58

klezman

tytiger58 wrote:+2

And based on the Mendocino Grenache I bought from an earlier woot this is an easy buy...even tho the last thing I need right now is more wine.

Last wooter to woot:tytiger58

I missed out while I was negotiating on a new car. If you want me to take a bottle or two off your hands, let me know.

tytiger58

klezman wrote:I missed out while I was negotiating on a new car. If you want me to take a bottle or two off your hands, let me know.

I only bought 3 but I will give you a bottle just for the fact you have been holding two bottles for me for so long...I will make it down your way as soon as these arrive!