Proud to Serve Winery North Coast 2009 Sauvignon Blanc 6-Pack
$69.99 (Normally $114.00) 39% off List Price
2009 Sauvignon Blanc, North Coast
CT link above

Winery website

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple
Exalted High Tastemaster Supreme
“In the entire world there are only a few sounds that bring joy to all but the most jaded. One is the murmur of a kitten purring. Another is the thwack of a well-pitched baseball hitting a perfectly swung bat. And the third is the pop of a cork being pulled from a bottle of wine.” —George Taber

montegobayjr

quality posts: 10 Private Messages montegobayjr
Cesare wrote:Proud to Serve Winery North Coast 2009 Sauvignon Blanc 6-Pack
$69.99 (Normally $114.00) 39% off List Price
2009 Sauvignon Blanc, North Coast
CT link above

Winery website

CT link returns: Invalid Wine ID

karenhynes

quality posts: 11 Private Messages karenhynes
montegobayjr wrote:CT link returns: Invalid Wine ID

CT link worked fine for me...try again??

Wine is bottled poetry - Robert Louis Stevenson

speedoo

quality posts: 41 Private Messages speedoo
montegobayjr wrote:CT link returns: Invalid Wine ID

same here.

bookofjoshua

quality posts: 12 Private Messages bookofjoshua

I get "Invalid Wine ID" also.

I saw the thumbnail for this and thought there was a new Woot! wine up... kind of a let down, but my spirits were raised when I saw that a portion of sales goes to help Veterans!

As a Vet, I always appreciate (and support) organization that take the time to help Veterans. Thank you!

rjquillin

quality posts: 178 Private Messages rjquillin
speedoo wrote:same here.

Works for me too..

CT

cappo

quality posts: 34 Private Messages cappo

Oddly enough, I get "Invalid Wine ID."

It works for some and not for others. I wonder why.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 584 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Not working for me.

For those that it's working for... are you signed in by chance?

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

karenhynes

I want the monkey with the flag cape!!!

montegobayjr

karenhynes wrote:CT link worked fine for me...try again??

Linked to the website just fine, but the CT link keeps returning Invalid Wine ID. Also unable to find it through a manual search...guess I'll try again later.

+1 (or more!) that a portion of all sales go to aid Veterans.

From the website:
"This was a surprise to the Tasting Panel! Due to the charitable aspect of this wine and $2 from every bottle is being donated to Veteran's Programs, we figured that we'd see what we could do to help. Having a nephew who's in Marine Special Forces, it's certainly important to me. The label is classic, WWII kitsch, in the style of the old Rosie the Riveter posters and very colorfully eye-catching. We went in with a level of expectation that was relatively low, but were we ever surprised!

The wine itself is surprisingly Silver Oak-esque. Big, rich and fruit-driven, there a good dose of that creamy, vanillin, American wood on the wine. Elements of plum, cherries and vanilla come wafting off the surface of the wine and lead you into a mouthful of plum, berries, chocolate and vanilla. It's very smooth, easy drinking and should be a real crowd pleaser. Why pay Silver Oak prices when you can get the same style for a lot less? Not to mention that some your money actually goes towards something good. Check it out! Maybe it'll make you want to stand up and salute those who have gone out to fight for all of us. -PM"

*I presume this review refers to the 2007 Cabernet Sauvignon.

karenhynes

ThunderThighs wrote:Not working for me.

For those that it's working for... are you signed in by chance?

Yes, and if I sign out it doesn't work. Good call TT!!!

cappo

quality posts: 34 Private Messages cappo
karenhynes wrote:Yes, and if I sign out it doesn't work. Good call TT!!!

[Homer] Mmmm... secret wine. [/Homer]

montegobayjr

bookofjoshua wrote:I get "Invalid Wine ID" also.

I saw the thumbnail for this and thought there was a new Woot! wine up... kind of a let down, but my spirits were raised when I saw that a portion of sales goes to help Veterans!

As a Vet, I always appreciate (and support) organization that take the time to help Veterans. Thank you!

Thought the same thing when I saw the label...Woot!Wine, but NOT!

They also have a 2007 Cabernet Sauvignon listed on the website.

MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 185 Private Messages MarkDaSpark

Courtesy of CJ:

cjsiege wrote:List of previous WW gatherings by area. Great reading and great examples of how to set up a Get-Together Thread.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Upcoming Woot Wine Gatherings…All The News for the week of September 2nd.

September
9/22: Chicago #?
9/29: NoVA/DC #27: Favorite Wines by the Pool
9/29: NorCal Adventure to Wine Country
TBD: Austin Area Interest Thread

October
10/20: Detroit #12: The Last Hurrah

November
TBD: Arizona Verde Valley Winery Weekend

Pending
TBD: NorCal #TBD: Volcanic Terroir and/or Eastern European Finds
TBD: NorCal #13: Wheelbarrow o' Wine
TBD: Dallas #11

No events in your area??? Start one! Create an interest thread in the World of Wine Woot Community Tab.

So join or create a WW Gathering!

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

greyday

quality posts: 52 Private Messages greyday
karenhynes wrote:I want the monkey with the flag cape!!!

This. I might have ordered it, even thoug we're well past wife season up north, to store if the monkey had been included. Ah, well...

LaKASkill

quality posts: 17 Private Messages LaKASkill
greyday wrote:This. I might have ordered it, even thoug we're well past wife season up north, to store if the monkey had been included. Ah, well...

My sediments exactly.

dianefreda

quality posts: 9 Private Messages dianefreda

Went head and jumped in for a case-sounds like a nice wine at a nice price and I was afraid it would go fast. Always appreciate someone who recognizes all our military families do for us.

JanFP

quality posts: 11 Private Messages JanFP

Perfect holiday gifts for my beer-drinking girlfriends who: 1) Will love the label 2) Are not wine lovers, so it's good it's an SB and 3) All work for a defense contractor, so they'll love the winery name and the donation.

Too much wine, too many beer-drinking friends

beefytaco

quality posts: 7 Private Messages beefytaco
LaKASkill wrote:My sediments exactly.

ha!

___
I have two accounts- this 'anonymous' username for commenting, as well as a 'purchasing' account which is my real name. Apologies for the white box on the left.

Also, in the interest of full disclosure- I'm ITB, selling wine for a living. None of my wines have ever been featured on Woot though, so don't fear the shilling.

rjquillin

quality posts: 178 Private Messages rjquillin
beefytaco wrote:ha!

And when exactly does wife season end??

CT

Starblind

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Starblind

Not working for me either.

amyjeaton

quality posts: 0 Private Messages amyjeaton

From the website:

Professional Review of our '09 Sauvignon Blanc

A straightforward wine with enough roundness to keep it from any aggressive bite, it's the kind of wine that’s made for a gigantic ice bucket and a garden full of friends this summer.

Welcome Wooters!!

We will donate 50% of net proceeds from your purchases to The Veterans Health Research Institute - NCIRE.

coynedj

quality posts: 7 Private Messages coynedj
MarkDaSpark wrote:

Courtesy of CJ:

So join or create a WW Gathering!

Don't forget the Minnesota gang trying to get its act together!

I started out on Burgundy but soon hit the harder stuff. Bob Dylan, Just Like Tom Thumb's Blues

How on earth did I get 7 QPs?

rugrats2001

quality posts: 14 Private Messages rugrats2001

1. When was this released? Has it been tasted recently at the winery?

2. With the end of summer at hand, will these be worth keeping around until 2013?

3. Is there a newer vintage in the works?

4. Backing out the charitable nature of the winery and the awesome label designs, is this a good $10 bottle of Sauv Blanc? If so, I'm in!

losthighwayz

quality posts: 59 Private Messages losthighwayz

I also got excited thinking it was a woot cellars offering. Nonetheless, was interested until i saw the 2009 vintage. I never buy SB whose vintage is more than two years old. Learned my lesson from the Toolbox offering (fruit was mostly gone).

"The older I get the better I was"

grizz78

quality posts: 0 Private Messages grizz78
coynedj wrote:Don't forget the Minnesota gang trying to get its act together!

What Minnesota gang? Where can I find details? Thanks.

conshirtative

quality posts: 0 Private Messages conshirtative

Found this review on their webbersite;

http://www.proudtoservewinery.com/blog/index.cfm/2012/5/30/Another-fantastic-review

May30, 2012by Proud To Serve Winery in Winery News, Pairings, Wine-related

"When seeking out wines perfect for a Memorial Day celebration, Proud to Serve is what our Panel affectionately called a "no-brainer." Not only showcasing a patriotic label and donating $2/bottle to support Veterans' Programs, what's inside offers all the tasty juiciness and zippy acidity any hard-core summer-sippin' Sauv Blanc fan desires. A straightforward wine with enough roundness to keep it from any aggressive bite, it's the kind of wine that's made for a gigantic ice bucket and a garden full of friends this summer."

"If the label doesn't make you proud to support our service people, the thought that $2 of every bottle sold goes to funding veteran's services should."

"The Sauvignon Blanc is well-made, straightforward Sauvignon Blanc. Fairly floral and spicy in the nose, with flavors of fresh melon and spice underneath. The has a tasty juiciness about it and is quite refreshing, with a good level of crisp acidity. But, it remains quite round and enjoyable. It finishes with some very pleasant notes of allspice that linger, accenting all of that nice fruit. All around, a good glass to raise in honor of those who've served."

"A gigantic ice bucket and a garden full of friends; though goat cheese and crackers and a fresh-grilled white fish do the trick as well."

conshirtative

quality posts: 0 Private Messages conshirtative

The list price for the SB on their website is $239.88. Shipping a case of the cabernet to Denver costs $48.61 If a case of the SB costs the same to ship, that would be a total of $288.49.

Woot price for a case shipped, $144.98; almost half off.

twstdvn

quality posts: 72 Private Messages twstdvn
rugrats2001 wrote:1. When was this released? Has it been tasted recently at the winery?

2. With the end of summer at hand, will these be worth keeping around until 2013?

4. Backing out the charitable nature of the winery and the awesome label designs, is this a good $10 bottle of Sauv Blanc? If so, I'm in!

Hi Rugrats2001 - This is Jon Phillips from Inspiration Vineyards. I made the introduction between the founders of this non-profit and the woot gang because they were looking for a way to get the word out about the charitable aspect of this wine and finish selling through the rest of the inventory of their SB.

I’m back today to support the cause and order some of this myself!

I guess I could play the role of a cellar rat here because I had a bottle of this wine a couple of months ago. If memory serves me correctly, it was released sometime last year. The wine is still fresh and lively.

Because of its age, I would recommend drinking it between now and the next 12 months. It's not the type of wine that will improve, however this should be quite drinkable through next year because it’s well made.
As for flavor profile, it’s crisp, with tropical flavors and for a little more than $10/bottle - it's a great sipper.

As for what's in the works - the folks behind this project would love to see it grow and move forward, however they've also discovered that selling wine where you're trying to cover production costs and donate your profits to charity is tougher than it looks.

I know their Cab is also a great value and a really nice wine. I would encourage everyone here on Woot to support this cause because the founders are great folks trying to support our troops!

montegobayjr

twstdvn wrote:

I would encourage everyone here on Woot to support this cause because the founders are great folks trying to support our troops!

WOOT!WOOT!WOOT!

davedawg08

quality posts: 0 Private Messages davedawg08
karenhynes wrote:I want the monkey with the flag cape!!!

So do I, do you know how to get it?

rugrats2001

quality posts: 14 Private Messages rugrats2001
twstdvn wrote:Hi Rugrats2001 - This is Jon Phillips from Inspiration Vineyards. I made the introduction between the founders of this non-profit and the woot gang because they were looking for a way to get the word out about the charitable aspect of this wine and finish selling through the rest of the inventory of their SB.

I’m back today to support the cause and order some of this myself!

I guess I could play the role of a cellar rat here because I had a bottle of this wine a couple of months ago. If memory serves me correctly, it was released sometime last year. The wine is still fresh and lively.

Because of its age, I would recommend drinking it between now and the next 12 months. It's not the type of wine that will improve, however this should be quite drinkable through next year because it’s well made.
As for flavor profile, it’s crisp, with tropical flavors and for a little more than $10/bottle - it's a great sipper.

As for what's in the works - the folks behind this project would love to see it grow and move forward, however they've also discovered that selling wine where you're trying to cover production costs and donate your profits to charity is tougher than it looks.

I know their Cab is also a great value and a really nice wine. I would encourage everyone here on Woot to support this cause because the founders are great folks trying to support our troops!

Thanks for the info!

ckzinckzin

quality posts: 3 Private Messages ckzinckzin
bookofjoshua wrote:I get "Invalid Wine ID" also.

Thanks for your service to our country. We hope you enjoy the wine and share it with some other veterans

ptswinery

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ptswinery
rugrats2001 wrote:1. When was this released? Has it been tasted recently at the winery?

It was released November 2010. It has been tasted recently by the winemaker, it is still a wow. Comments from people who purchased in August is that it really good and they are getting great reviews from their friends.

2. With the end of summer at hand, will these be worth keeping around until 2013? Yes, it will last at least 9 more months but it will better to drink it in the next 3-6 months.

Nothing final.

Yes.

ckzinckzin

montegobayjr wrote:Linked to the website just fine, but the CT link keeps returning Invalid Wine ID. Also unable to find it through a manual search...guess I'll try again later.

+1 (or more!) that a portion of all sales go to aid Veterans.

From the website:
"This was a surprise to the Tasting Panel! Due to the charitable aspect of this wine and $2 from every bottle is being donated to Veteran's Programs, we figured that we'd see what we could do to help. Having a nephew who's in Marine Special Forces, it's certainly important to me. The label is classic, WWII kitsch, in the style of the old Rosie the Riveter posters and very colorfully eye-catching. We went in with a level of expectation that was relatively low, but were we ever surprised!

The wine itself is surprisingly Silver Oak-esque. Big, rich and fruit-driven, there a good dose of that creamy, vanillin, American wood on the wine. Elements of plum, cherries and vanilla come wafting off the surface of the wine and lead you into a mouthful of plum, berries, chocolate and vanilla. It's very smooth, easy drinking and should be a real crowd pleaser. Why pay Silver Oak prices when you can get the same style for a lot less? Not to mention that some your money actually goes towards something good. Check it out! Maybe it'll make you want to stand up and salute those who have gone out to fight for all of us. -PM"

*I presume this review refers to the 2007 Cabernet Sauvignon.

Yes it does.

ptswinery

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ptswinery
dianefreda wrote:Went head and jumped in for a case-sounds like a nice wine at a nice price and I was afraid it would go fast. Always appreciate someone who recognizes all our military families do for us.

Thank you for your support of our nation's Veterans! We look forward to hearing your feedback on the wine.

ckzinckzin

JanFP wrote:Perfect holiday gifts for my beer-drinking girlfriends who: 1) Will love the label 2) Are not wine lovers, so it's good it's an SB and 3) All work for a defense contractor, so they'll love the winery name and the donation.

Jan,
Thanks - when we were pouring this wine at the Sonoma County Fair we had a hugh response to the wine and the label - a number of people wanted the wine for their wedding

ckzinckzin

losthighwayz wrote:I also got excited thinking it was a woot cellars offering. Nonetheless, was interested until i saw the 2009 vintage. I never buy SB whose vintage is more than two years old. Learned my lesson from the Toolbox offering (fruit was mostly gone).

I know how you feel and because of that the winemaker and myself try the wine at least monthly and it is still tasting great and will for at least the next 6 months.