WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Poll: It’s International Cabernet Day! Are you participating?
  • 4.6% - Yes! It’s the most magical time of the year! 30
  • 11.2% - Yes. I like having an excuse to drink Cab. 73
  • 12.2% - Yes, but only by accident, because I was going to drink Cab anyway. 79
  • 23.6% - No, I’m not in a Cab mood. 153
  • 48.4% - No, and I’m annoyed this holiday even exists. 314
649 votes

Well, how do you fare compared to the Zeitgeist? Chat up your fellow wooters and let us know how lame this poll was or what obvious choices we missed. For example: Was this poll a) STUPID, b) DUMB, c) POINTLESS or d) ALL OF THE ABOVE?

cmaldoon

quality posts: 62 Private Messages cmaldoon

No because an herb garden is NOT Cabernet

2014 - 20 Btl. Fjellene (10 bot), Urraca Chard (10 bot)
Last purchase: 5/3/14

2013 - 75 btl. 2012 - 98 btl. 2011 - 112 btl. 2010 - 30 btl.
My Cellar

lkarmaz15

quality posts: 2 Private Messages lkarmaz15
cmaldoon wrote:No because an herb garden is NOT Cabernet

WineWoot has always seemed odd to me. Sure, like 2/3 of the time it's wine, but they randomly throw in olives, truffles, etc.

However, I assume that the person who creates the poll and whoever schedules Woots don't communicate, because otherwise they would be selling a Cabernet today.

lkarmaz15

quality posts: 2 Private Messages lkarmaz15

Because this poll seems rather cut-and-dry, I propose we instead discuss the following:

What is your process/ritual for red wine?

Personally, I decant it and then drink it over the course of an evening. I'll put on some Frank Sinatra or Amy Winehouse (pun subconsciously intended) and read a good Agatha Christie mystery.

werdwerdus

quality posts: 14 Private Messages werdwerdus

Does a Cabernet drizzle sauce on my sandwich count? I think so.

North316

quality posts: 107 Private Messages North316
lkarmaz15 wrote:WineWoot has always seemed odd to me. Sure, like 2/3 of the time it's wine, but they randomly throw in olives, truffles, etc.

However, I assume that the person who creates the poll and whoever schedules Woots don't communicate, because otherwise they would be selling a Cabernet today.

It's not random at all. Thursday is non-wine day at wine.woot.

My CT
"Trust your homies on the net", Clark Smith.
R.I.P. Inkycatz - Feb. 2013

Aracos

quality posts: 6 Private Messages Aracos

I was unaware, but earlier I pulled a bottle of Block 13 I ordered from here years ago out of the basement and I'm sitting down with it now. Just got a static filled voicemail from the coworker I split that order with too. I think he's spying on me and is mad because he drank his all right away and I still have some squirreled away.