coynedj

quality posts: 7 Private Messages coynedj

It's high time we all had another get-together.

I'd offer to host, but I doubt many would make the drive to South Dakota!

I started out on Burgundy but soon hit the harder stuff. Bob Dylan, Just Like Tom Thumb's Blues

How on earth did I get 7 QPs?

otolith

quality posts: 22 Private Messages otolith

I've been thinking about it, but not sure when we'd be able to pull it off. Prolly looking into November if I'd host.

"When we try to pick out anything by itself, we find it hitched to everything else in the universe."
--John Muir

dstearl

quality posts: 3 Private Messages dstearl

Probably about time again...

Haven't announced it here formally but the wife and I are now parents. My wife and I were waiting to adopt and our son Anthony James was born on July 5th. We will bring the bubbly if we an make the date.

If no one else can host we could be talked into hosting again.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 585 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

dstearl wrote:Probably about time again...

Haven't announced it here formally but the wife and I are now parents. My wife and I were waiting to adopt and our son Anthony James was born on July 5th. We will bring the bubbly if we an make the date.

Congratulations and welcome to Anthony!

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz

Congratulations!

I'm just hanging out, really.

coynedj

I'll join the chorus in offering congratulations!

I started out on Burgundy but soon hit the harder stuff. Bob Dylan, Just Like Tom Thumb's Blues

hdavis4000

quality posts: 2 Private Messages hdavis4000

So very happy for you both!!!

"Wine is bottled poetry." -Robert Louis Stevenson

hdavis4000

coynedj wrote:It's high time we all had another get-together.

I'd offer to host, but I doubt many would make the drive to South Dakota!

I agree!! I am always willing to host if no one else wants to.

pengu1n

quality posts: 13 Private Messages pengu1n

I may even try to make it even though most weekends are booked out for me through the end of the year. Amazing to say that. Something may just work out right or fall through.

coynedj

pengu1n wrote:I may even try to make it even though most weekends are booked out for me through the end of the year. Amazing to say that. Something may just work out right or fall through.

It would be good to see you again - it's been too long.

coynedj

Time for a bump.

tcklord

quality posts: 1 Private Messages tcklord

Congrats on the baby! I am pretty busy until late October after our wedding but really looking forward to another party.

334 bottles from Wine.woot
17 Normal Woot
4 Sellout Woot

Alaska1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Alaska1

Hi guys!!! Just checking up on you all. ;) Might do a swing in (one night) in March. Stay tuned.

Little Vineyards Sonoma Valley Trio, Chateau Souverain Zinfandel Single-Vineyard Sampler Trio,Armida Winery Poizin Trio,Chase Family,Pack Cellars - Two Pack, Wellington Zinfandel Vertical Four Pack, InZinarator 4 pack, Peter Wellington 2006 Victory Reserve - 2 Pack, Saxon Brown 2008 Sonoma Valley Zinfandel - 3 Pack, Woodenhead Vintners 2006 Martinelli Road Old Vine RRV Zinfandel - 2 Pack

coynedj

Alaska1 wrote:Hi guys!!! Just checking up on you all. ;) Might do a swing in (one night) in March. Stay tuned.

Dude! Great to hear from you! Hope we can all time things and have a get-together when you're in town.

Alaska1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Alaska1
coynedj wrote:Dude! Great to hear from you! Hope we can all time things and have a get-together when you're in town.

;)

Little Vineyards Sonoma Valley Trio, Chateau Souverain Zinfandel Single-Vineyard Sampler Trio,Armida Winery Poizin Trio,Chase Family,Pack Cellars - Two Pack, Wellington Zinfandel Vertical Four Pack, InZinarator 4 pack, Peter Wellington 2006 Victory Reserve - 2 Pack, Saxon Brown 2008 Sonoma Valley Zinfandel - 3 Pack, Woodenhead Vintners 2006 Martinelli Road Old Vine RRV Zinfandel - 2 Pack

hdavis4000

Any suggestions on a date?? We are more than happy to host another get together. We have plans on Oct. 13 so for now that is the only date that doesn't work for us.

Entity.MN

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Entity.MN

Samiratou and I just welcomed our second son in mid August, so it also may be challenging for us to make it, but I have a bottle I am excited to share with y'all, so I have my fingers crossed. We are booked on 10/27, but other than that, childcare will be our only concern, currently. Hope to see some new faces among the familiar ones!

When the new one gets a bit bigger, we will have to host again.

hdavis4000

Entity.MN wrote:Samiratou and I just welcomed our second son in mid August, so it also may be challenging for us to make it, but I have a bottle I am excited to share with y'all, so I have my fingers crossed. We are booked on 10/27, but other than that, childcare will be our only concern, currently. Hope to see some new faces among the familiar ones!

When the new one gets a bit bigger, we will have to host again.

So happy for you both!!

coynedj

Congratulations!

otolith

Will look and see if there are any potential weekends that are open that we can host.

If we do, kids are welcome, as long as you keep your monsters under control.

"When we try to pick out anything by itself, we find it hitched to everything else in the universe."
--John Muir

otolith

And congrats to the newborns!

--John Muir

coynedj

For those planning dates - remember that my long drive to the Twin Cities makes Fridays difficult. Any accomodation is much appreciated!

tomatillo

quality posts: 8 Private Messages tomatillo

More congrats to both on the new arrivals!
Please remember that Springsteen is Nov 11 weekend in St. Paul. I'm allowed only one party per weekend.

coynedj

tomatillo wrote: I'm allowed only one party per weekend.

You need to renegotiate that.

coynedj

Back to the front page!

Just wondering if anything will come of this. I found some old Woot classics when I moved - maybe I could bring a bottle of the great Iron Horse Cab Franc or something!

hdavis4000

coynedj wrote:Back to the front page!

Just wondering if anything will come of this. I found some old Woot classics when I moved - maybe I could bring a bottle of the great Iron Horse Cab Franc or something!

I think we should just set a date. If no one else wants to host I am more than willing to. Is there a weekend that works best for you?

Flybranda

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Flybranda

Minor highjack .... sorry
Visiting MSP for the 1st time next week.
Is there a Minnesota wine I should be sure to sample while I'm there?

Wine can of their wits the wise beguile, make the sage frolic, and the serious smile. -Homer

coynedj

hdavis4000 wrote:I think we should just set a date. If no one else wants to host I am more than willing to. Is there a weekend that works best for you?

I'll be in town this weekend,but obviously that's too short notice. I'll be in town Thanksgiving weekend, but I don't know if that's very convenient (but I would be able to make it to a Friday gethering!).

Heck, just pick a weekend, and I'll make it work.

polarbear22

quality posts: 35 Private Messages polarbear22
Flybranda wrote:Minor highjack .... sorry
Visiting MSP for the 1st time next week.
Is there a Minnesota wine I should be sure to sample while I'm there?

Alexis Bailey was the first winery in MN I think. So there is historical value there. But better to wait for a current resident to chime in. Truly, my initial reaction is "Summit Pale Ale", because the beer was way better than the wine.

Polar bears are meant to be clever, very clever. They are the Einsteins of the bear community. - Anonymous
Please donate to the 2014 MS Bike Ride
Want to read what SonomaBouliste has to say about wine?
Ddeuddeg Cheesecake Cookbook
My Cellar

otolith

polarbear22 wrote:Alexis Bailey was the first winery in MN I think. So there is historical value there. But better to wait for a current resident to chime in. Truly, my initial reaction is "Summit Pale Ale", because the beer was way better than the wine.

Summit or Surly Furious (beer in a can), are great! But that's beer.

There are a few wineries that come to mind:
Alexis Bailey, as Polar mentioned. There's also Winehaven, and Cannon River Winery.

You may find the ice wines the most interesting, followed by white whines followed by red wines.

Some of the bigger liquor stores will have some of the local wines. If you let me know where you're staying, I can point you in the right direction.

--John Muir

polarbear22

otolith wrote:Summit or Surly Furious (beer in a can), are great! But that's beer.

Alexis Bailey, as Polar mentioned. There's also Winehaven, and Cannon River Winery.

You may find the ice wines the most interesting, followed by white whines followed by red wines.

Some of the bigger liquor stores will have some of the local wines. If you let me know where you're staying, I can point you in the right direction.

Did you reserve that special Surly bottling this year? Sounded like something special, but hard to get your hands on.

Polar bears are meant to be clever, very clever. They are the Einsteins of the bear community. - Anonymous
My Cellar

otolith

polarbear22 wrote:Did you reserve that special Surly bottling this year? Sounded like something special, but hard to get your hands on.

Gotta check on that...

--John Muir

coynedj

otolith wrote:Summit or Surly Furious (beer in a can), are great! But that's beer.

I've had a bottle of the Alexis Bailey Voyageur, and agree that you should favor the ice wines and whites. Not that the Alexis Bailey is bad or anything, but for the price you can do much better with wines from more temperate climes.

polarbear22

The red I remember was the Marachel Foche from Alexis Bailey. It helps with the wine century club, but that is all I can say for it from my recollection.

My Cellar

coynedj

Hey, Oto - PM for you.

Flybranda

Hey, thanks a lot for the feedback!
I think the neighborhood is called Como or maybe South Como, fairly close to UofM I believe. My daughter and her husband just moved there and my wife and I are visiting for the 1st time.
Always like to give local wine a try when ever I travel.
Thanks again to you and the others for the help / advice

Wine can of their wits the wise beguile, make the sage frolic, and the serious smile. -Homer

otolith

Flybranda wrote:Hey, thanks a lot for the feedback!
I think the neighborhood is called Como or maybe South Como, fairly close to UofM I believe. My daughter and her husband just moved there and my wife and I are visiting for the 1st time.
Always like to give local wine a try when ever I travel.
Thanks again to you and the others for the help / advice

You'll be a few miles from where I live. There's a little wine shop on Fairview/Cty Rd B2 by the Rosedale shopping area that has a pretty good selection of local wines. I believe it's called Wine Time or something like that. It's in the same building as Dunn Bros Coffee, next to a Party City. I'd check them out. Otherwise, I believe Fairview Wines and Spirits a block north carries some local wines as well.

--John Muir

Flybranda

otolith wrote:You'll be a few miles from where I live. There's a little wine shop on Fairview/Cty Rd B2 by the Rosedale shopping area that has a pretty good selection of local wines. I believe it's called Wine Time or something like that. It's in the same building as Dunn Bros Coffee, next to a Party City. I'd check them out. Otherwise, I believe Fairview Wines and Spirits a block north carries some local wines as well.

Thanks Again! Appreciate the tips.