papamochi

quality posts: 1 Private Messages papamochi

I'd be interested in helping set something up in the Seattle Tacoma area but have never organized a wine party for more than about 10-12 people. Anyone with more experience interested in co-organizing?

FRIENDS DON'T LET FRIEND DRINK WHITE ZINFANDEL!

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
papamochi wrote:I'd be interested in helping set something up in the Seattle Tacoma area but have never organized a wine party for more than about 10-12 people. Anyone with more experience interested in co-organizing?

You may want to ask kittymac.

Don't be discouraged if folks wait til the last minute to RSVP. You know how things are with Seattle folk. ;)

I'm just hanging out, really.

kittymac

quality posts: 6 Private Messages kittymac

Happy to lend a hand if you need one.

papamochi

kittymac wrote:Happy to lend a hand if you need one.

Thanks. I'm in the process of a job change but would definitely like to see something come together.

cmaldoon

quality posts: 61 Private Messages cmaldoon
papamochi wrote:I'd be interested in helping set something up in the Seattle Tacoma area but have never organized a wine party for more than about 10-12 people. Anyone with more experience interested in co-organizing?

Wait... Seattle counts as western Washington? Not Sqeuim or Port Angeles?

*Looks at a map* Ok so it is only 25% of the way across the state.. I'll give it western.... what the heck do they use the other half of the state for? :-P

2014 - 10 Btl. Fjellene (10 bot)
Last purchase: 3/4/14

2013 - 75 btl. 2012 - 98 btl.
2011 - 112 btl. 2010 - 30 btl.
Bungled Original Communicator 2 My Cellar

mother

quality posts: 14 Private Messages mother
cmaldoon wrote:what the heck do they use the other half of the state for? :-P

Onions.

kittymac

So.. It's a bit off topic. But is anyone going to "BLEND: The World's Best Wine, Food and Places" on September 16th? It would be nice to meet a few wooters there.

If you're interested there is a living social deal 2:1 admission. Here

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
kittymac wrote:So.. It's a bit off topic. But is anyone going to "BLEND: The World's Best Wine, Food and Places" on September 16th? It would be nice to meet a few wooters there.

Oh good catch! But I already have plans that day.

I'm just hanging out, really.

papamochi

kittymac wrote:So.. It's a bit off topic. But is anyone going to "BLEND: The World's Best Wine, Food and Places" on September 16th? It would be nice to meet a few wooters there.

I really wanted to, but then someone gave us incredible seats to the Seahawks home opener and I had to prioritize.

trifecta

quality posts: 65 Private Messages trifecta

WW (western wa, not wine woot;) )native now living in the Bay Area. Would be interested in meeting WW (both) folks if I happen to be in town when you have your gathering.

trifecta

quality posts: 65 Private Messages trifecta
papamochi wrote:I really wanted to, but then someone gave us incredible seats to the Seahawks home opener and I had to prioritize.

GO HAWKS!!!!!

aces219

quality posts: 3 Private Messages aces219

Eastsider here who has hosted a couple of these, but I'm having a baby in Dec so I'm out at the moment.

mqnguyen

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mqnguyen

I'd be interested in attending if someone else organizes.

nfurlong

quality posts: 1 Private Messages nfurlong
mqnguyen wrote:I'd be interested in attending if someone else organizes.

+1

Shmelissak

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Shmelissak

As a semi-regular woot buyer I'd be interested if someone else organized as well. My residence would require that we all touch shoulders and my fancy wine glass collection would only let a few of us drink a time.

As Inkycatz suggested early on in this thread...I'd probably be late to RSVP, something about living in Seattle makes it hard to commit to anything I suppose.

papamochi

Getting settled...somewhat...in the new job. Tiny house but will do some brainstorming or send out a pm or two for help before too much longer.

jlemos

quality posts: 2 Private Messages jlemos
mqnguyen wrote:I'd be interested in attending if someone else organizes.

+1

thaskaman

quality posts: 15 Private Messages thaskaman

I'm down in the tacoma area as well and could host a gathering in my yard at my house pretty easy (especially when the weather permits)!

If people maybe interested in that sort of thing, of course intro's be made etc etc but it could be a great way to learn more about the craft I've taken an interest in as of late.

I also still got 2 bottles of Fino too :P

kittymac

Is anyone thinking dates? A Saturday afternoon in March might be nice.

kittymac

Is anyone going to Taste Walla Walla?

aces219

quality posts: 3 Private Messages aces219

If people want to get together to taste, I can offer a location. I now store my wine offsite at Wine Storage Bellevue (just off 405 and SE 8th) and they have a tasting room complete with glassware that can be reserved for $50. Let's pick a date and I can host there if that works for you.

kittymac

Sounds lovely....

dkralston

quality posts: 1 Private Messages dkralston

Elegant. Complex. Distinctive.
You are what you drink!

jmdavidson

quality posts: 47 Private Messages jmdavidson

I would suggest that you also invite some close friends. How many that would be is up to you. From experience, I learned that you will get poor participation, people that will change their mind at the last minute and others that keep you guessing if they are coming or not. SO, set it up as a Wine Woot party, but your invited friends will be your backup party if the WW gathering is limited.

kittymac

jmdavidson wrote:I would suggest that you also invite some close friends. How many that would be is up to you. From experience, I learned that you will get poor participation, people that will change their mind at the last minute and others that keep you guessing if they are coming or not. SO, set it up as a Wine Woot party, but your invited friends will be your backup party if the WW gathering is limited.

+1

noslensj

quality posts: 41 Private Messages noslensj

Seattle area gathering on April 27 at 2 pm. See this thread, "Seattle woot gathering - April 27 2 p.m. Capitol Hill" for details.

nfurlong

quality posts: 1 Private Messages nfurlong
noslensj wrote:Seattle area gathering on April 27 at 2 pm. See this thread, "Seattle woot gathering - April 27 2 p.m. Capitol Hill" for details.

Aww, I've been keeping my eye on the "Upcoming Woot Wine Gatherings" posting cjsiege makes and the Seattle/Tacoma group has always said "TBA" under the Pending heading. Bummer! :-( How was it, how many attended? What did y'all taste? Which thread should I be reading since obviously the posting that shows all the WW Meetings across the country is unreliable? And if it's this thread, how do I get it set up for RSS or something similar?

noslensj

nfurlong wrote:Aww, I've been keeping my eye on the "Upcoming Woot Wine Gatherings" posting cjsiege makes and the Seattle/Tacoma group has always said "TBA" under the Pending heading. Bummer! :-( How was it, how many attended? What did y'all taste? Which thread should I be reading since obviously the posting that shows all the WW Meetings across the country is unreliable? And if it's this thread, how do I get it set up for RSS or something similar?

It was pulled together quickly, largely around the situation that we had a 3-way split that needed to occur. Since three of us were getting together anyway, we decided to pop some corks and throw out an invite to anyone else who might be interested in attending and able to join in on short notice.

As regards how to stay informed, we created a thread under the "Gatherings" tab. If you are interested in staying current on the latest info involving involving Gatherings, I think the "Gatherings" tab is the place to be.

kittymac

Just checking... Any interest?

noslensj

kittymac wrote:Just checking... Any interest?

I'm up for it, L. I suggest Oct 5. The Capitol Hill location we met at before would be excellent, IMHO. For those interested we might even be able to make a side visit to Oola for the 3 pm tour.

kittymac

noslensj wrote:I'm up for it, L. I suggest Oct 5. The Capitol Hill location we met at before would be excellent, IMHO. For those interested we might even be able to make a side visit to Oola for the 3 pm tour.

That would work for me. Oola has been on my list for a while.

noslensj

There will be a get-together for wine.wooters here in the Pacific Northwest on Saturday, October 5. The plan is to meet at Oola Distillery at 1314 East Union for their 3 pm tour and tasting. Following that we will relocate two blocks away to a community meeting room for tasting and talking, adjourning by 6 pm.

Please PM me if interested so we can develop a nose count. And big thanks to kittymac for helping with the arrangements.

noslensj

On Nov. 17 several of us are getting together to split a purchase, and we decided that since we're getting together to do the split, let's pop some corks while we're at it. And then we figured, may as well do an invite for others in the area who might be interested.

I know this is short notice, but it's also impromptu. If you're interested PM me for specifics.

Again - Sunday Nov. 17 - 2pm in Capitol Hill.