mommadeb1

quality posts: 18 Private Messages mommadeb1
redwinefan wrote:Russian Standard is decent. It comes in different quality levels so it probably depends on which one you picked up, and they actually do drink it in Russia.

If you ever see the Russian Vodka named Czar's Gold, pick it up. That is great stuff.

thanks. I usually have the Van Gough Vodka.. (not like I drink vodka all the time) but this stuff I sampled was way smoother.... so I figured why not... If I don't like it, I will give it to my friend!!

edit: sparky!!

mommadeb1

No jury duty this week.. I have to call next friday to see if I'm needed then......

MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 187 Private Messages MarkDaSpark
cheron98 wrote:I dunno, the drunker he gets, the more he might post, the more he would drink... Until eventually he passes out, I suppose. But then we can go raid the lockers

Go ahead, it's all White Zin now!

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

MarkDaSpark

Switchback allocation list available. Question is, how many PS do I buy?

*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

MarkDaSpark

So who's in for LA LobsterFest on Sunday, Sept. 16th?

http://lobsterfest.com/meals/

Edit: Sadly, no Terri Nunn & Berlin this year.

But thar be Pirates! Arrr!

InFrom

quality posts: 34 Private Messages InFrom

kylemittskus

quality posts: 233 Private Messages kylemittskus
MarkDaSpark wrote:So who's in for LA LobsterFest on Sunday, Sept. 16th?

http://lobsterfest.com/meals/

Sparky, Consider the Lobster!

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

MarkDaSpark

kylemittskus wrote:Sparky, Consider the Lobster!

I fell asleep after the 2nd paragraph. And I do consider the Lobster. I consider it very tasty!!!

tiger7610

quality posts: 17 Private Messages tiger7610
MarkDaSpark wrote:I fell asleep after the 2nd paragraph. And I do consider the Lobster. I consider it very tasty!!!

The only relevant part is where it describes the lobster shaking the pot and trying to get out of steaming water, which honestly I find disturbing as well, but my love for all lobster deliciousness allows me to overcome that.

MarkDaSpark

tiger7610 wrote:The only relevant part is where it describes the lobster shaking the pot and trying to get out of steaming water, which honestly I find disturbing as well, but my love for all lobster deliciousness allows me to overcome that.

Well, the PETA people "feel" that lobsters "feel" pain, but most scientists have explained that lobsters have primitive nervous systems and do not "feel" pain. The movement is simply a reflex action.

cjsiege

quality posts: 14 Private Messages cjsiege
MarkDaSpark wrote:Well, the PETA people "feel" that lobsters "feel" pain, but most scientists have explained that lobsters have primitive nervous systems and do not "feel" pain. The movement is simply a reflex action.

If you want to prevent even that, pop them in the freezer for 10-15 minutes before hitting the pot. It won't kill them, but it will effectively make them comatose. They'll never wake up before they take their final nap.

MarkDaSpark

What? The talk of pain scared everyone????

Edit: Oh fine. CJ posts a little before me.

Itwdswafo

quality posts: 8 Private Messages Itwdswafo
cjsiege wrote:If you want to prevent even that, pop them in the freezer for 10-15 minutes before hitting the pot. It won't kill them, but it will effectively make them comatose. They'll never wake up before they take their final nap.

Or if you want to do things a little quicker, take a sharp knife into what would be the back of the neck cutting off the nervous system. That's how we do it in restaurants ;)

kylemittskus

Itwdswafo wrote:Or if you want to do things a little quicker, take a sharp knife into what would be the back of the neck cutting off the nervous system. That's how we do it in restaurants ;)

Nope. That method doesn't work. Read posted, funny article by American literary genius who died too young as a result of suicide.

mommadeb1

crap...day 2 of another migraine... def. need to find a new dr. and get another opinion......

bhodilee

quality posts: 32 Private Messages bhodilee
kylemittskus wrote:Nope. That method doesn't work. Read posted, funny article by American literary genius who died too young as a result of suicide.

They're related to spiders, I hope they die horribly

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."

– George Bernard Shaw, author (1856-1950)

InFrom

quality posts: 34 Private Messages InFrom
MarkDaSpark wrote:I fell asleep after the 2nd paragraph. And I do consider the Lobster. I consider it very tasty!!!

I had such a tasty one this afternoon,
a 1.5-pounder, at a waterside restaurant along the Southern coast of MA. A perfect end to a quick, coastal getaway. How it met its demise, I choose not to contemplate.

tiger7610

So among other Twisted Oak bottles I popped open the most recent Cyber Pub Blend. What is everyone opinion of it? We honestly thought it was awful? It tasted like over ripe fruit, so I'm hoping that its just not ready yet, and not that I got a bad batch. I checked about 1 hour later, and it still tasted awful

MarkDaSpark

tiger7610 wrote:So among other Twisted Oak bottles I popped open the most recent Cyber Pub Blend. What is everyone opinion of it? We honestly thought it was awful? It tasted like over ripe fruit, so I'm hoping that its just not ready yet, and not that I got a bad batch. I checked about 1 hour later, and it still tasted awful

I don't think anyone else has had that problem yet. I can't remember if I opened one yet, but I think I did and it was okay. Yours were stored in my Irvine Wine Locker with mine, until I took them to Cat. They were packed with the frozen ketchup packets in the foam on the way up to the RPM tour.

tiger7610

MarkDaSpark wrote:I don't think anyone else has had that problem yet. I can't remember if I opened one yet, but I think I did and it was okay. Yours were stored in my Irvine Wine Locker with mine, until I took them to Cat. They were packed with the frozen ketchup packets in the foam on the way up to the RPM tour.

I mean I'm definetly willing to give them another try. Not sure what the problem was, maybe the TO viogner screwed up our palate? But it was just awful, will try again in a few months.

cheron98

quality posts: 123 Private Messages cheron98
tiger7610 wrote:I mean I'm definetly willing to give them another try. Not sure what the problem was, maybe the TO viogner screwed up our palate? But it was just awful, will try again in a few months.

Don't forget it got driven across Canada and spent the day in the car. The temps should not have bothered it, but letting it sit still in coolness for a couple weeks is probably a wise idea. If in a few months, it is still bad, when I come out in January for the icewine festival, I will bring the rest of mine for you as replacement. After all, HAK still has a bunch.

I saw HitAnyKey42 on wine.woot! and clicked "I want one!"

otolith

quality posts: 24 Private Messages otolith

Off to the RenFest today! Can't wait to have a turkey leg, some mead, and watch some jousting.

"When we try to pick out anything by itself, we find it hitched to everything else in the universe."
--John Muir

tiger7610

cheron98 wrote:Don't forget it got driven across Canada and spent the day in the car. The temps should not have bothered it, but letting it sit still in coolness for a couple weeks is probably a wise idea. If in a few months, it is still bad, when I come out in January for the icewine festival, I will bring the rest of mine for you as replacement. After all, HAK still has a bunch.

Will do, I probably wont open it until October at the earliest, and keep in mind it also got driven back to Ithaca during a fairly hot day. Luckily I had a bottle of &$!@ from TO that I could open instead.

polarbear22

quality posts: 35 Private Messages polarbear22
cheron98 wrote:Don't forget it got driven across Canada and spent the day in the car. The temps should not have bothered it, but letting it sit still in coolness for a couple weeks is probably a wise idea. If in a few months, it is still bad, when I come out in January for the icewine festival, I will bring the rest of mine for you as replacement. After all, HAK still has a bunch.

I still have to get mine from HAK. Hope it is aging well on Long Island. Fun place to visit.

Polar bears are meant to be clever, very clever. They are the Einsteins of the bear community. - Anonymous
Please donate to the 2014 MS Bike Ride
Want to read what SonomaBouliste has to say about wine?
Ddeuddeg Cheesecake Cookbook
My Cellar

polarbear22

otolith wrote:Off to the RenFest today! Can't wait to have a turkey leg, some mead, and watch some jousting.

Enjoy. Better than the State Fair.

Polar bears are meant to be clever, very clever. They are the Einsteins of the bear community. - Anonymous
My Cellar

lauratchi

quality posts: 5 Private Messages lauratchi

Hey Pub peoples. Happy Labor Day weekend. Sounds like you all have been busy. Bowtie being his rebel self and working when he damn well pleases and Doc O walking around with turkey legs not withstanding, how is everybody else?

We've been good. Joel has plunged into his second year of the COTA (Certified Occupational Assitant) program with a first assignment from hell. He successfully dodged jury duty this week. I've been doing my nurse thing. Yikes. It has been a busy summer for babies for sure. And multiples. And triplets are making a come back. I think we are on our 3rd or 4th set since late spring.

One of my coworkers just gifted me with a bottle of Ron Pampero Aniversario Rum. This stuff isn't Bacardi. It's more of a sippy kind of rum and after it airs out some it smells so ridiculously good (kind of like butterscotch, but not so cloying). Made in Venezuela and aged in Bourbon casks. Oh and packaged in fancy leather pouches too.

Hope all of you are doing well. It is fun to lurk from time to time!

Little Vineyards Trio began the slow start to the slippery slope. it was alllllllllll downhill from there!

mommadeb1

well isn't life cruel? I woke up with no migraine!! yea.... then went out to feed the critters and on my way back in, managed to wrench my back out of wack!!! tomorrow is labor day, so the chiropractor is off. I hope she is working tues. instead...... ( she is normally of on tuesday) I can sit ok, just have a really hard time standing....... grrrrrr we have plans for tomorrow!!!!!!! aggggggggggggggg.....

cjsiege

Baking up some Outrageous Brownies right now. Milk or cab...milk or cab...? Such deep questions...

Hi there, lauratchi! Long time, no see.

tiger7610

Cab always Cab. I myself trying to figure out what to pair with my dinner of bison heart.

karenhynes

quality posts: 11 Private Messages karenhynes
cjsiege wrote:Baking up some Outrageous Brownies right now. Milk or cab...milk or cab...? Such deep questions...

Milk while they're still warm...Cab once they've cooled.

Wine is bottled poetry - Robert Louis Stevenson

chemvictim

quality posts: 4 Private Messages chemvictim

Those outrageous brownies look good! I'm trying to get my husband to make me a snickers cheesecake.

Today we went to the rib cookoff. It was fun but now I'm in a rib coma! Apparently the guy who won the eating contest put away 8 lbs of ribs in 12 minutes or something crazy like that. I wonder if he had sauce...

mommadeb1

thought I was going to the ER for my back... luckily my Dr. is my neighbor.... so we shall see if the muscle relaxer helps.... if not, off to the dr. tomorrow... was stuck on the floor for about 45 min. trying to get up.... but I couldn't move without my back seizing.... too much fun!!!

polarbear22

Happy LD everyone. Lobster dinner last night for SWMBO's burthday. Huge leg of lamb tonight paired with Little Vineyards Syrah and Fetish Playmates Shiraz. The Syrah won. And dessert was brownies with ice cream and goat's milk bourbon caramel sauce from last weekend's trip to VT. Fat Toad Farm cajeta.

Edit: The bourbon flavor is not on line yet. Heck, they didn't have labels for it. So you may want to wait.

My Cellar

kylemittskus

mommadeb1 wrote:thought I was going to the ER for my back... luckily my Dr. is my neighbor.... so we shall see if the muscle relaxer helps.... if not, off to the dr. tomorrow... was stuck on the floor for about 45 min. trying to get up.... but I couldn't move without my back seizing.... too much fun!!!

I feel like you need some good things to happen sometime soon. You're taking one punch after another.

cjsiege

chemvictim wrote:Those outrageous brownies look good! I'm trying to get my husband to make me a snickers cheesecake.

They really are. Very rich! Especially with 1lb butter, 2 lbs of chocolate and only 1.25c flour. While the recipe says it makes 20, they're made in a 12x18 pan. I have no problem cutting that into 48!

mommadeb1

kylemittskus wrote:I feel like you need some good things to happen sometime soon. You're taking one punch after another.

thanks.... muscle relaxer hasn't kicked in, its been 2 hours... took another one and am going to go sleep on the couch..... wish me luck!!!!0

(I react weird to meds... codine, which usually knocks people out, is a major stimulant for me. They tried putting me on antidepressants for my migraines, and all it did was make me very angry. go figure)

otolith

quality posts: 24 Private Messages otolith
polarbear22 wrote:Enjoy. Better than the State Fair.

We had a blast! Having a difficult time passing up the PN offer...but will pass given stupid winebid. gah

"When we try to pick out anything by itself, we find it hitched to everything else in the universe."
--John Muir