bhodilee

quality posts: 32 Private Messages bhodilee
InFrom wrote:Happy National You Day, Bowtie!

I don't even think I was this happy for my kid's births!

I may or may not be joking about that.

SPARKY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

of that I'm sure.

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."

– George Bernard Shaw, author (1856-1950)

bhodilee

chemvictim wrote:It's from Beach Body. I suspect it's some unholy supplement. I don't want to drive it to the post office because that involves effort.

so it's edible?

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."

kylemittskus

quality posts: 229 Private Messages kylemittskus

I have 53 wines pending delivery. Plus, Turley allocation just hit and I'm going tasting (and to pick up the Turley) in 2 months. And SWMBO is about to murder me. I'm not buying anything for a while.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

tenuki

quality posts: 7 Private Messages tenuki
kylemittskus wrote:I have 53 wines pending delivery. Plus, Turley allocation just hit and I'm going tasting (and to pick up the Turley) in 2 months. And SWMBO is about to murder me. I'm not buying anything for a while.

I've felt the same way for a while, and yet Pour Pour Me and a garment steamer just arrived. Dang woot and their impulse buying business model :P

CT

bhodilee

kylemittskus wrote:I have 53 wines pending delivery. Plus, Turley allocation just hit and I'm going tasting (and to pick up the Turley) in 2 months. And SWMBO is about to murder me. I'm not buying anything for a while.

Yeah, being murdered puts a damper on buying things.

mommadeb1

quality posts: 17 Private Messages mommadeb1

that only means one thing.... drink faster!!

cheron98

quality posts: 123 Private Messages cheron98
ddeuddeg wrote:I can agree with that, no problem, but I agree with Sparky that the simplest way, on August 28, 2012, to refer to February 2012, is to call it "this past February." That seems totally unequivocal. Anything earlier than that, e.g. February 2011, in my lexicon is most easily referred to as "February 2011."

Except it was me referring to February 2011 as "last February" that started this farce. I was never trying to refer to February 2012. Sparky just had to go and be all argumentative and semantical about it.

I saw HitAnyKey42 on wine.woot! and clicked "I want one!"

cheron98

quality posts: 123 Private Messages cheron98
InFrom wrote:Happy National You Day, Bowtie!

Bow ties are cool

I saw HitAnyKey42 on wine.woot! and clicked "I want one!"

MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 174 Private Messages MarkDaSpark
cheron98 wrote:Except it was me referring to February 2011 as "last February" that started this farce. I was never trying to refer to February 2012. Sparky just had to go and be all argumentative and semantical about it.

So, you admit you're anti-semantical???

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

MarkDaSpark

But she can drink your half now!!!

And don't talk to me about Turley! I spent way too much!

*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

bhodilee

MarkDaSpark wrote:So, you admit you're anti-semantical???

HA!

otolith

quality posts: 22 Private Messages otolith
MarkDaSpark wrote:But she can drink your half now!!!

And don't talk to me about Turley! I spent way too much!

Add Shafer to that and get back to me! ;)

Still don't know how much Turley I'm going to order...prolly a case that I'll split with someone.

"When we try to pick out anything by itself, we find it hitched to everything else in the universe."
--John Muir

kylemittskus

otolith wrote:Add Shafer to that and get back to me! ;)

Still don't know how much Turley I'm going to order...prolly a case that I'll split with someone.

I love Shafer, but I'm not on their list because then I'd want to buy.

MarkDaSpark

otolith wrote:Add Shafer to that and get back to me! ;)

Um, add Switchback & Vincent Arroyo to the list. Along with normal wine club shipments (Ty, Scott, Tablas Creek, Vina Robles, & Titus PS). Oh, and David Fulton. Oops, and Martini & Concannon from during and just after the RPM tour.

InFrom

quality posts: 31 Private Messages InFrom
bhodilee wrote:I don't even think I was this happy for my kid's births!

I may or may not be joking about that.

SPARKY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

of that I'm sure.

--Sniffle, sniff-- If my words can bring happiness to just one person today... it's so humbling... I share this award with the other nominees, whose work was so amazing...

cmaldoon

quality posts: 62 Private Messages cmaldoon

I came upon this earlier this week:

International Cabernet Day

It is this Thursday August 30th (tomorrow). Given that we have had tempranillo and PS days in the past, I wonder if WD caught this and has anything in store for us. If so it could be a very fun day. *Wallet Cringes*

2014 - 20 Btl. Fjellene (10 bot), Urraca Chard (10 bot)
Last purchase: 5/3/14

2013 - 75 btl. 2012 - 98 btl. 2011 - 112 btl. 2010 - 30 btl.
My Cellar

neilfindswine

quality posts: 167 Private Messages neilfindswine

Guest Blogger

cmaldoon wrote:I came upon this earlier this week:

International Cabernet Day

It is this Thursday August 30th (tomorrow). Given that we have had tempranillo and PS days in the past, I wonder if WD caught this and has anything in store for us. If so it could be a very fun day. *Wallet Cringes*

...could be....

I report to winedavid39...
...I like getting PM's from wannabe rodents...

tiger7610

quality posts: 17 Private Messages tiger7610
neilfindswine wrote:...could be....

Oh boy, this will be very hard to resist. I cannot have any more wine.

kylemittskus

tiger7610 wrote:Oh boy, this will be very hard to resist. I cannot have any more wine.

The triumphant return of Cathy?!?!

otolith

kylemittskus wrote:The triumphant return of Cathy?!?!

Cathy and Robert Craig would be AWESOME.

"When we try to pick out anything by itself, we find it hitched to everything else in the universe."
--John Muir

kylemittskus

otolith wrote:Cathy and Robert Craig would be AWESOME.

I forgot about Robert Craig.

otolith

kylemittskus wrote:I forgot about Robert Craig.

So many other Cali cabs to add to the list as well.

--John Muir

tytiger58

quality posts: 74 Private Messages tytiger58
kylemittskus wrote:The triumphant return of Cathy?!?!

Oh dear god I don't need that right now

What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch? ~ W. C. Fields

“Freedom is something that dies unless it's used” Hunter S Thompson

cmaldoon

otolith wrote:So many other Cali cabs to add to the list as well.

I wouldn't rule out Washington cabs, or something from even further... it is INTERNATIONAL cab day after all

My Cellar

bhodilee

cmaldoon wrote:I wouldn't rule out Washington cabs, or something from even further... it is INTERNATIONAL cab day after all

Maybe they'll sell taxis

Itwdswafo

quality posts: 7 Private Messages Itwdswafo

Is a Cabernet coffin out of the picture?

rjquillin

quality posts: 167 Private Messages rjquillin
tytiger58 wrote:Oh dear god I don't need that right now

A cab w00t-off!!!!!

OUCH

CT

MarkDaSpark

otolith wrote:Cathy and Robert Craig would be AWESOME.

Cathy would be awesome. However, the vets from the RPM Tour this summer thought RC's cabs were ... "interesting".

rjquillin

quality posts: 167 Private Messages rjquillin
MarkDaSpark wrote:Cathy would be awesome. However, the vets from the RPM Tour this summer thought RC's cabs were ... "interesting".

Yes, RC would be an easy pass...

CT

cmaldoon

rjquillin wrote:Yes, RC would be an easy pass...

Depending on the pricing.... I was finding their retail prices to be about double the price at which I would hem and haw over them. They had some decent stuff, but were not realistic on their pricing for what was there.

My Cellar

cmaldoon

neilfindswine wrote:...could be....

Ok.... I'm wracked with anticipation. What's up at midnight???

My Cellar

cmaldoon

cmaldoon wrote:Ok.... I'm wracked with anticipation. What's up at midnight???

I am not amused :-(

My Cellar

MarkDaSpark

cmaldoon wrote:I am not amused :-(

Maybe it will be a weekend thing?

cmaldoon

MarkDaSpark wrote:Maybe it will be a weekend thing?

Or a plus thing? The weekend thing doesn't hold water because it is a cabernet DAY not a weekend or week.

There are a couple cabs that I think are coming up... But I expected a woot-off not a plus deal. We'll see maybe there is something COMPLETELY new in store for us..

My Cellar

cortot20

quality posts: 130 Private Messages cortot20

Transformer went bad at my house yesterday morning so I am at my parents house with my wife and child trying to escape the heat. My house was 87 deg when I left it at 6pm yesterday.

The wine is hopefully ok since it's in a closet on the cooler side of the house and the wine fridge which didn't have power hopefully stayed cool enough.

Power is back on today so we can head home.

CT

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
cortot20 wrote:Transformer went bad at my house yesterday morning so I am at my parents house with my wife and child trying to escape the heat. My house was 87 deg when I left it at 6pm yesterday.

The wine is hopefully ok since it's in a closet on the cooler side of the house and the wine fridge which didn't have power hopefully stayed cool enough.

Power is back on today so we can head home.

Hope the house cools down and the wine is okay! My apartment has a nasty habit (love it in winter) of retaining heat, so this summer has been a challenge to keep the wine all in good shape. (I don't have space for a wine fridge.)

I'm just hanging out, really.

mother

quality posts: 15 Private Messages mother
cmaldoon wrote:Or a plus thing?

And it's weaksauce.

pcuccaro

quality posts: 8 Private Messages pcuccaro
MarkDaSpark wrote:Um, add Switchback & Vincent Arroyo to the list. Along with normal wine club shipments (Ty, Scott, Tablas Creek, Vina Robles, & Titus PS). Oh, and David Fulton. Oops, and Martini & Concannon from during and just after the RPM tour.

Holy crap, Mark! I know everyone jokes that you don't drink your wine but how much storage do you have? I thought I was bad but I can always tell my husband, "There's this guy on wine.woot who makes me look like a lightweight!"

Thanks for that!

Fill your glass when it is empty, empty it when it is full, never leave it empty, never leave it full.
Italian proverb

bhodilee

pcuccaro wrote:Holy crap, Mark! I know everyone jokes that you don't drink your wine but how much storage do you have? I thought I was bad but I can always tell my husband, "There's this guy on wine.woot who makes me look like a lightweight!"

Thanks for that!

Lets put it this way, at this point I seriously think he should just start his own locker company.

cmaldoon

mother wrote:And it's weaksauce.

It is true that there is nothing new here. These are all deals I have passed on before.

I'd LIKE some of the 3 black tie type offers but:

a) Chris of super sonoman is a great guy but I have not had a $50 experience with his wines. I'd probably go in on this cab at $40 (really, a pair for $80)

b) The 2007 Tom eddy cab is one of the best wines I have tried....But they pair it with an unknown 2006. I would easily pay $50 for the 07, even $60 would be no real stretch, but the addition of the 06 reserve makes me hem and haw. I /may/ pick this up. I wish it were $6-10 cheaper.

c) The white cottage was tasty but not $85 tasty.

I guess my problem is that I have a REALLY high standard for $50+ wine and the slope is really steep after that.

My Cellar