rjquillin

quality posts: 183 Private Messages rjquillin
MarkDaSpark wrote:A locker full of White Zin?

That is just plain funny, but what a waste of locker rent.

CT

WineWootaholic

quality posts: 1 Private Messages WineWootaholic
Itwdswafo wrote:Lucky.... I just did a speed test.

1.8mbps download
0.04mbps upload

You might have done a test, but not a speed test.

A man not old, but mellow, like good wine,
Stephen Phillips (1845-1915)

"I love cooking with wine, Sometimes I even put it in the food."

33 wine.woot's, 9 woot-off wines

bhodilee

quality posts: 32 Private Messages bhodilee
cheron98 wrote:It's simultaneously more and less complicated than that. You're using a bunch of variables that are standalone. My brain has more structures going on, where a Year is a struct made up of 12 objects (the months), which are each made up of week objects, which are made up of days. This->Year = 2012. This->Year[2] = February 2012. Next->Year = 2013. Last->Year = 2011. And so on Yes, I leave Year[0] as null because it translates to English better that way.

Can we talk about passwords again?

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."

– George Bernard Shaw, author (1856-1950)

kylemittskus

quality posts: 232 Private Messages kylemittskus
bhodilee wrote:Can we talk about passwords again?

The show?

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

bhodilee

kylemittskus wrote:The show?

Go to bed!

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."

tiger7610

quality posts: 17 Private Messages tiger7610

But why? The night is young, the bottle is full

kylemittskus

tiger7610 wrote:But why? The night is young, the bottle is full

And the baby is awake! The bottle is empty, though.

chemvictim

quality posts: 3 Private Messages chemvictim
MarkDaSpark wrote:44.15 mbps download
23.17 mbps upload
10 ms ping

66.25 down
5.21 up
19 ping

I don't know Wait! There's Homework? ping is, but I think I could use more "up."

MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 187 Private Messages MarkDaSpark
Itwdswafo wrote:How I ever got a Bundles of Crayons on this Internet boggles my mind.

How I keep missing boggles mine!!

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

MarkDaSpark

chemvictim wrote:66.25 down
5.21 up
19 ping

I don't know Wait! There's Homework? ping is, but I think I could use more "up."

Ping usually signifies how close you are to the internetwebz servers. "slang for the network latency seen between a game player's computer and the game server (or another player)". The lower the number, the better it is for you.

But yes, you have a great download speed, but a horrible upload.

*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

tenuki

quality posts: 7 Private Messages tenuki
MarkDaSpark wrote:44.15 mbps download
23.17 mbps upload
10 ms ping

That's for your gaming? :p

CT

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 604 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

JOATMON wrote:You do realize that password protected Microsoft Office documents can be broken in about a minute....

So if all of y'all are put on probation some time....

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

ddeuddeg

quality posts: 32 Private Messages ddeuddeg
cheron98 wrote:Can we all agree that "February of This Year" is February 2012, and "February of Last Year" is February 2011? This is the best English way I can come up with to explain why my brain says This February is 2012.

I can agree with that, no problem, but I agree with Sparky that the simplest way, on August 28, 2012, to refer to February 2012, is to call it "this past February." That seems totally unequivocal. Anything earlier than that, e.g. February 2011, in my lexicon is most easily referred to as "February 2011."

"Always keep a bottle of Champagne in the fridge for special occasions. Sometimes the special occasion is that you've got a bottle of Champagne in the fridge". - Hester Browne

Ddeuddeg's Cheesecake Cookbook

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
ddeuddeg wrote:I can agree with that, no problem, but I agree with Sparky that the simplest way, on August 28, 2012, to refer to February 2012, is to call it "this past February." That seems totally unequivocal. Anything earlier than that, e.g. February 2011, in my lexicon is most easily referred to as "February 2011."

I like this method.

I'm just hanging out, really.

ddeuddeg

inkycatz wrote:I like this method.

Yeah, I'm not a computer geek, I just teach Math, and for a while, I taught middle school Math. Loved those kids, but you sure do have to keep it simple. Talk to bahwm about trying to teach them how to tell time in French or Spanish, when they can't even tell time in English.

"Always keep a bottle of Champagne in the fridge for special occasions. Sometimes the special occasion is that you've got a bottle of Champagne in the fridge". - Hester Browne

chemvictim

MarkDaSpark wrote:Ping usually signifies how close you are to the internetwebz servers. "slang for the network latency seen between a game player's computer and the game server (or another player)". The lower the number, the better it is for you.

But yes, you have a great download speed, but a horrible upload.

I'm paying for the "ultra" but it still only gets me 5 upload. Silly Charter. But hey, at least it works! So far, 3 months and no outage or having to reset the modem or any of that nonsense. I wish I could say the same for work...that connection dies on me a few times a day!

MarkDaSpark

What is "leftover wine"?????

ddeuddeg

bhodilee wrote:The concept just annoys the homework out of me. Its like pandering for votes.

In other news, I just killed a huge wolf spider in my garage. I used a sledgehammer, 20lb variety. I was scared the wasp killer would just anger it and I didn't have shoes on. I will admit to almost pooping my pants when it initially got away, but the dumb ass didn't run far so I got him the second time. Its as dead as you'd think it would be after getting whacked seven times with a twenty pound sledge.

I'm terrified of spiders, I'm shocked I didn't drop dead of fright.

Found just the shirt for you.

bhodilee

ddeuddeg wrote:Found just the shirt for you.

Wise words

I started my new schedule. We never discussed it,i did it anyway. No one has said a word and I'm way more productive when no one is here to distract me.

ddeuddeg

bhodilee wrote:I started my new schedule. We never discussed it,i did it anyway.

Brilliant move. As it has been wisely said, it can be easier to ask forgiveness than permission. I've used that approach a number of times when I knew what I wanted to do was right, and wasn't sure I'd get an OK. Hardly ever had to apologize for those decisions.

chemvictim

Fedex just delivered a package for the person who used to live here. They just left it on the door step. When it was delivered to my USPS box last week, I just stuck a note on there saying this person no longer lives at this address. Apparently USPS returned it to Fedex, and the Fedex guy just came and dropped it off, no doorbell, nothing. I feel like I should do something with it but I don't know what.

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
chemvictim wrote:Fedex just delivered a package for the person who used to live here. They just left it on the door step. When it was delivered to my USPS box last week, I just stuck a note on there saying this person no longer lives at this address. Apparently USPS returned it to Fedex, and the Fedex guy just came and dropped it off, no doorbell, nothing. I feel like I should do something with it but I don't know what.

Take it to the post office and hand it to the people behind the counter, maybe?

I'm just hanging out, really.

rjquillin

quality posts: 183 Private Messages rjquillin
chemvictim wrote:Fedex just delivered a package for the person who used to live here. They just left it on the door step. When it was delivered to my USPS box last week, I just stuck a note on there saying this person no longer lives at this address. Apparently USPS returned it to Fedex, and the Fedex guy just came and dropped it off, no doorbell, nothing. I feel like I should do something with it but I don't know what.

Is it edible?

CT

chemvictim

rjquillin wrote:Is it edible?

It's from Beach Body. I suspect it's some unholy supplement. I don't want to drive it to the post office because that involves effort.

ddeuddeg

chemvictim wrote:It's from Beach Body. I suspect it's some unholy supplement. I don't want to drive it to the post office because that involves effort.

Can't you leave it for the mail carrier who delivers your mail with a note to pick it up? Of course, I suppose that could result in another circle of trips involving FedEx dropping it off.

InFrom

quality posts: 33 Private Messages InFrom

Happy National You Day, Bowtie!

kylemittskus

chemvictim wrote:It's from Beach Body. I suspect it's some unholy supplement. I don't want to drive it to the post office because that involves effort.

You don't want a beach body?

InFrom

quality posts: 33 Private Messages InFrom

Call FedEx and tell them that you're leaving it outside tomorrow and if someone doesn't come by to pick it up, you're tossing it?

chemvictim

kylemittskus wrote:You don't want a beach body?

I suspect that whatever is in that box, it is insufficient to grant me a beach body. Unless maybe it's a genie! Now that would be cool...

cjsiege

quality posts: 14 Private Messages cjsiege
chemvictim wrote:I suspect that whatever is in that box, it is insufficient to grant me a beach body. Unless maybe it's a genie! Now that would be cool...

Legally speaking, you've done everything you can to get them to take it back. If they won't take it back, then it's obviously a free gift for you!

ddeuddeg

cjsiege wrote:Legally speaking, you've done everything you can to get them to take it back. If they won't take it back, then it's obviously a free gift for you!

I thought you were an engineer, not a lawyer.

cjsiege

quality posts: 14 Private Messages cjsiege
ddeuddeg wrote:I thought you were an engineer, not a lawyer.

Yeah, but I've picked up a few tidbits along the way...

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 604 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Call FedEx. They'll probably schedule a pick-up. Or call the company it's from (if it's not personal). Then they can schedule the pick-up. OR MAYBE THEY'LL LET YOU KEEP IT!!!!

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

mommadeb1

quality posts: 18 Private Messages mommadeb1
MarkDaSpark wrote:

What is "leftover wine"?????

this "leftover wine" you speak of....I wonder what it could be? is this something new???

mommadeb1

bhodilee wrote:Wise words

I started my new schedule. We never discussed it,i did it anyway. No one has said a word and I'm way more productive when no one is here to distract me.

good to hear!!

mommadeb1

chemvictim wrote:I suspect that whatever is in that box, it is insufficient to grant me a beach body. Unless maybe it's a genie! Now that would be cool...

ohh If you get to keep it and it is the Brazil butt workout... I would be more than happy to take it off your hands!!

bahwm

quality posts: 32 Private Messages bahwm

Off to see if we can cut a deal with a local winery to be the official winery of Shakespeare in Delaware Park!

May our love be like good wine, grow stronger as it grows older. ~ Old English Toast

mommadeb1

bahwm wrote:Off to see if we can cut a deal with a local winery to be the official winery of Shakespeare in Delaware Park!

good luck!!

chemvictim

mommadeb1 wrote:ohh If you get to keep it and it is the Brazil butt workout... I would be more than happy to take it off your hands!!

I emailed beach body and let them know, since that seemed to be the easiest thing for me to do and still know that I did something. We'll see what they say. lol

tenuki

quality posts: 7 Private Messages tenuki
chemvictim wrote:I emailed beach body and let them know, since that seemed to be the easiest thing for me to do and still know that I did something. We'll see what they say. lol

They'll probably consider it an order and your part and ask for your credit card

CT