PetiteSirah

quality posts: 80 Private Messages PetiteSirah

PoSt away, folks!

Hail the victor, the king without flaw
Salute your new master ... Petite Sirah!

"Who has two thumbs and loves Petite Sirah?" ThisGuy!

MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 182 Private Messages MarkDaSpark
PetiteSirah wrote:PoSt away, folks!

About time you showed up for work!!!

Congrats again on the Wedding. Still wonder what blackmail you had on her.

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

MarkDaSpark

Repeat from last week, except SoCal (to this Saturday (9/1)?) & NoCal gatherings are moving.

Courtesy of CJ:

cjsiege wrote:List of previous WW gatherings by area. Great reading and great examples of how to set up a Get-Together Thread.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Upcoming Woot Wine Gatherings…All The News for the week of August 19th.

August
8/25: Buffalo/WNY #9: Sushi & Wootlegging

September
9/22: Chicago #?
TBD: NoVA/DC #27: TBD
TBD: Austin Area Interest Thread
TBD: SoCal #21: RPM-style "Serious WIne Tasting"
TBD: NorCal #13: Wheelbarrow o' Wine

October
10/20: Detroit #12: The Last Hurrah

Pending
TBD: NorCal #12: Volcanic Terroir and/or Eastern European Finds
TBD: Dallas #11

No events in your area??? Start one! Create an interest thread in the World of Wine Woot Community Tab.

So join or create a WW Gathering!

*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

bahwm

quality posts: 29 Private Messages bahwm

Thanks for the schedule post, Sparky. CJ was off playing hooky in Buffalo.

May our love be like good wine, grow stronger as it grows older. ~ Old English Toast

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz

Looks like Western Washington is interested in giving things another go, too.

Happy Monday, pub friends! Going to be an interesting and scattered week here, plus I've got that birthday thing Wednesday to work around...

I'm just hanging out, really.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 569 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Morning all. Didn't get to pop in on the password convo in the other thread.

One thing I'll throw out is make sure your next of kin knows how to find your passwords. This was a big problem when my son's father died last summer.

I have mine in an passworded Excel file. My son has that password in his phone on my contact page so he'll remember come that time.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

HitAnyKey42

quality posts: 29 Private Messages HitAnyKey42
rjquillin wrote:"this" makes perfect sense to me.

I would agree as well.....but it'd be detrimental to my personal life.

My Cellar
In a Glorious Marriage.Woot with cheron98
NYC Tastings

MarkDaSpark

inkycatz wrote:Looks like Western Washington is interested in giving things another go, too.

Happy Monday, pub friends! Going to be an interesting and scattered week here, plus I've got that birthday thing Wednesday to work around...

Is there spanking involved?

MarkDaSpark

ThunderThighs wrote:Morning all. Didn't get to pop in on the password convo in the other thread.

One thing I'll throw out is make sure your next of kin knows how to find your passwords. This was a big problem when my son's father died last summer.

I have mine in an passworded Excel file. My son has that password in his phone on my contact page so he'll remember come that time.

Good reminder. But not just passwords, but financial accounts as well. Because not everyone remembers all their accounts. Just check your state's Unclaimed Property (California) section.

ddeuddeg

quality posts: 29 Private Messages ddeuddeg
HitAnyKey42 wrote:I would agree as well.....but it'd be detrimental to my personal life.
MarkDaSpark wrote:Is there spanking involved?

Attempting to get caught up on a bunch of things, I accidentally read these two posts as if they went together. Sorry.

"Always keep a bottle of Champagne in the fridge for special occasions. Sometimes the special occasion is that you've got a bottle of Champagne in the fridge". - Hester Browne

Ddeuddeg's Cheesecake Cookbook

bahwm

quality posts: 29 Private Messages bahwm

Hunt Country Wines from the Finger Lakes are up on Plus. Nice stuff. Sometimes you want a little something sweet for dessert.

May our love be like good wine, grow stronger as it grows older. ~ Old English Toast

inkycatz

ddeuddeg wrote:Attempting to get caught up on a bunch of things, I accidentally read these two posts as if they went together. Sorry.

Accidental readings make for the most fun sometimes. :D

MarkDaSpark

ddeuddeg wrote:Attempting to get caught up on a bunch of things, I accidentally read these two posts as if they went together. Sorry.

Why? They could have gone together. Maybe I should add HaK's post in ...

Or not, since I can't seem to type correctly. Must have Coffee!!!

MarkDaSpark

HitAnyKey42 wrote:I would agree as well.....but it'd be detrimental to my personal life.

Is there spanking involved?

(Couldn't resist caving in to the pressure!)

tenuki

quality posts: 7 Private Messages tenuki
MarkDaSpark wrote:Is there spanking involved?

(Couldn't resist caving in to the pressure!)

Spankings are never detrimental

CT

JOATMON

quality posts: 19 Private Messages JOATMON
ThunderThighs wrote:Morning all. Didn't get to pop in on the password convo in the other thread.

You do realize that password protected Microsoft Office documents can be broken in about a minute....

Juvie: 30+24+4; Sellout: 6+7+0
Rags: 3+2+3
Drunk: 69+94+15 wine, 20+29+4 non-wine
Rugrat: 0+0+0; Refunded: 2+3+1
(as of 2011-03-02)

inkycatz

JOATMON wrote:You do realize that password protected Microsoft Office documents can be broken in about a minute....

I suppose it is still better than nothing (my current system).

MarkDaSpark

JOATMON wrote:You do realize that password protected Microsoft Office documents can be broken in about a minute....

She does now ....

ddeuddeg

quality posts: 29 Private Messages ddeuddeg

How good a defense is not having anything worth stealing?

"Always keep a bottle of Champagne in the fridge for special occasions. Sometimes the special occasion is that you've got a bottle of Champagne in the fridge". - Hester Browne

Ddeuddeg's Cheesecake Cookbook

mommadeb1

quality posts: 18 Private Messages mommadeb1
bahwm wrote:Hunt Country Wines from the Finger Lakes are up on Plus. Nice stuff. Sometimes you want a little something sweet for dessert.

I was looking at them... but decided it was too pricey for family.... I am looking at the current offer..Emblem....do you think that would be a good sweet wine for them?

chemvictim

quality posts: 3 Private Messages chemvictim

Monday is almost over. Whew!

cheron98

quality posts: 123 Private Messages cheron98

You better get used to my language then

I saw HitAnyKey42 on wine.woot! and clicked "I want one!"

cheron98

MarkDaSpark wrote:Well, in normal, "human" terms, "last" means the last instance. Ergo, "last" February means February 2012, not February 2011. "This" (as well as "Next") February indicates the upcoming February 2013, not a past one. However, "This past February" correctly identifies the previous February.

And this is why we get programming "features", programmers thinking in code and not English!!

Well, no one ever accused me of being a normal human. And when computers start understanding English, we'll start thinking in it

cheron98

Weekend recap: Went to Buffalo. Had a blast. Caught the Canadian Plague. Spent today blowing gallons of liquid out of my sinuses in between giant glasses of orange juice, cat naps, and work. Currently sipping an herbal broth/tea reminiscent of my Sadkhin days. Someone just sent me a move in Words. Less than two days til HAK arrives here. Cleaning hasn't happened. Ciao.

kylemittskus

quality posts: 231 Private Messages kylemittskus

Chatting with my 4th Charter internet rep. I've been paying for 15mbps and have never gotten more than 5. Awesome. And of course, the people I've chatted with have all had different solutions, not one of them has done a thing. And I'm really pissed.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

kylemittskus

chemvictim wrote:Monday is almost over. Whew!

It's Monday? Not going to work for 2 weeks really throws off my internal clock. Well, that and not sleeping for more than 3 hours in a row.

cheron98

Well, not sure what I'm more upset about - spilling my tea, or having it spilled over about a dozen books. Sigh.

kylemittskus

cheron98 wrote:Well, not sure what I'm more upset about - spilling my tea, or having it spilled over about a dozen books. Sigh.

How about cooking an empty oven for 45 minutes? Now, dinner will be another 45 minutes. FML!

cjsiege

quality posts: 13 Private Messages cjsiege
kylemittskus wrote:How about cooking an empty oven for 45 minutes? Now, dinner will be another 45 minutes. FML!

At least the oven was empty. 45 minute delay, but nothing ruined! Much more better than when I cooked my grandfather's entire baking dish stash while preheating the oven. I didn't realize he was using it for storage, and he didn't realize I wasn't doing nachos in the microwave.

MarkDaSpark

cheron98 wrote:Well, no one ever accused me of being a normal human. And when computers start understanding English, we'll start thinking in it

IF CurrentYear="2012" AND CurrentMonth="February" THEN
PRINT "This February"

ELSEIF CurrentYear="2012" AND PreviousMonth="February" THEN
PRINT "Last February"

ELSEIF CurrentYear="2012" AND FutureMonth="February" THEN
PRINT "Next February"

ELSEIF PastYear="2011" AND PastMonth="February" THEN
PRINT "A year ago February"

ELSE
PRINT "This Past February"
END IF

JOATMON

quality posts: 19 Private Messages JOATMON
ddeuddeg wrote:How good a defense is not having anything worth stealing?

Define "not worth stealing"

The big news of the journalist who had his Apple iCloud account, amazon.com account, and twitter account taken over and his devices wiped in the last few weeks? The ultimate goal of the hackers was his twitter account; the journalist got his account really early and it was only three characters in length: @mat.

Juvie: 30+24+4; Sellout: 6+7+0
Rags: 3+2+3
Drunk: 69+94+15 wine, 20+29+4 non-wine
Rugrat: 0+0+0; Refunded: 2+3+1
(as of 2011-03-02)

MarkDaSpark

JOATMON wrote:Define "not worth stealing"

The big news of the journalist who had his Apple iCloud account, amazon.com account, and twitter account taken over and his devices wiped in the last few weeks? The ultimate goal of the hackers was his twitter account; the journalist got his account really early and it was only three characters in length: @mat.

A locker full of White Zin?

cheron98

MarkDaSpark wrote:IF CurrentYear="2012" AND CurrentMonth="February" THEN
PRINT "This February"

PRINT "Last February"

PRINT "Next February"

ELSE
END IF

It's simultaneously more and less complicated than that. You're using a bunch of variables that are standalone. My brain has more structures going on, where a Year is a struct made up of 12 objects (the months), which are each made up of week objects, which are made up of days. This->Year = 2012. This->Year[2] = February 2012. Next->Year = 2013. Last->Year = 2011. And so on Yes, I leave Year[0] as null because it translates to English better that way.

cjsiege

quality posts: 13 Private Messages cjsiege
MarkDaSpark wrote:IF CurrentYear="2012" AND CurrentMonth="February" THEN
PRINT "This February"

PRINT "Last February"

PRINT "Next February"

ELSE
END IF

You missed a semi-colon in there...

cheron98

cjsiege wrote:You missed a semi-colon in there...

He was writing in something like BASIC that has no semi-colons

Can we all agree that "February of This Year" is February 2012, and "February of Last Year" is February 2011? This is the best English way I can come up with to explain why my brain says This February is 2012.

MarkDaSpark

cjsiege wrote:You missed a semi-colon in there...

No more Sparklies for you!!!

MarkDaSpark

cheron98 wrote:He was writing in something like BASIC that has no semi-colons

Can we all agree that "February of This Year" is February 2012, and "February of Last Year" is February 2011? This is the best English way I can come up with to explain why my brain says This February is 2012.

Wow, being engaged has unchecked the fun button.

I knew you meant it that way, just wanted to use the laser pointer to play with the Cat.

Itwdswafo

quality posts: 7 Private Messages Itwdswafo
kylemittskus wrote:Chatting with my 4th Charter internet rep. I've been paying for 15mbps and have never gotten more than 5. Awesome. And of course, the people I've chatted with have all had different solutions, not one of them has done a thing. And I'm really pissed.

Lucky.... I just did a speed test.

1.8mbps download
0.04mbps upload

MarkDaSpark

Itwdswafo wrote:Lucky.... I just did a speed test.

1.8mbps download
0.04mbps upload

44.15 mbps download
23.17 mbps upload
10 ms ping

Itwdswafo

quality posts: 7 Private Messages Itwdswafo
MarkDaSpark wrote:44.15 mbps download
23.17 mbps upload
10 ms ping

How I ever got a Bundles of Crayons on this Internet boggles my mind.