WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Scott Harvey Wines: RPM III Tour

Scott Harvey's one of our very favorite people in the wine biz. Not just because he and his team make delicious wines, but because he always returns our calls. Well, like 80% of the calls. During business hours. Not counting lunch breaks. At least the wine's good.
Scott Harvey Wines website

The Book of Faces
Twitter for Great Justice

Quality Posts

North316

quality posts: 107 Private Messages North316

Scott Harvey Wines

Scott Harvey InZINerator Double Magnum
$79.99 (Normally $100.00) 20% off List Price
2007 Scott Harvey InZINerator 3L

Jana Angel Eis, Riesling Ice Style Wine, Half Bottle 2-Pack
$59.99 (Normally $80.00) 25% off List Price
2010 Angel Eis, Riesling Ice Style Wine 375ml 2-Pack

Scott Harvey Syrah Mountain Selection Double Magnum
$94.99 (Normally $130.00) 27% off List Price
2008 Scott Harvey Mountain Selection Syrah 3L

Scott Harvey Old Vine Zinfandel Magnum
$54.99 (Normally $75.00) 27% off List Price
2010 Zinfandel, Old Vine Reserve 1.5L

CT links above

• Summer shipping is in effect so don't worry about your wine.
  • Every winery needs a separate license from each state which is why your state isn't listed.
  • My CT
    "Trust your homies on the net", Clark Smith.
    R.I.P. Inkycatz - Feb. 2013

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
    North316 wrote:Scott Harvey Wines

Yes, yes they are. I loved the Jana Angel! (Still have one bottle left!)

I'm just hanging out, really.

hokienutzz

quality posts: 2 Private Messages hokienutzz

Thread from Previous Woot offering:
    http://wine.woot.com/forums/viewpost.aspx?postid=5034830&pageindex=1&replycount=26

North316

I saw Scott Harvey and was REALLY hoping for some of the Jana Mendocino Riesling, but looks like no go.

This same plus offering was available back in June or July, but Scott didn't chime in to answer questions, hopefully he can make it by this time.

Here are my three:

1) What's the drinking window on the double mag of InZin? I've got lots of InZin, including 5 bottles of the 07, and if I get the double mag will probably want to hang onto it for awhile.

2) Scott, can you come the 2010 Old Vine Reserve to the 2009? The 2009 is one of my absolute favorites, so I'm very interested in the 2010.

3) Jana Riesling (not the Angel Eis) - I know you told me there just isn't enough room in the pricing for a woot offering, but there is in a plus offering! Bring it on! (or at least include in one of sales with free shipping on your website, please!)

My CT

ScottHarveyWines

quality posts: 152 Private Messages ScottHarveyWines

Hi North,
    I'll be able to chime in this time. Look forward to answering all the questions. Answers are below after each question.

This same plus offering was available back in June or July, but Scott didn't chime in to answer questions, hopefully he can make it by this time.

Here are my three:

1) What's the drinking window on the double mag of InZin? I've got lots of InZin, including 5 bottles of the 07, and if I get the double mag will probably want to hang onto it for awhile.
    Drinking window on a 3 liter bottle/double magnum is about twice or more than a 750ml bottle. The 2007 750 bottles are drinking good now with another 5 years to go. That means the double magnum should drink best 2018 untill 2026. Same goes for the double magnum of Syrah.

2) Scott, can you comment on the 2010 Old Vine Reserve to the 2009? The 2009 is one of my absolute favorites, so I'm very interested in the 2010.
    2010 is a more complex wine, having been made up of more interesting high end components. The 11% Napa Zinfandel adds a delicateness to the wine. The 17% Barbera adds a bright red fruit tone. The 22% Vineyard 1869 adds a frist growth quality. It is an Old World style wine with multiple deminsions. The 2009 is simular but not as many demensions.

3) Jana Riesling (not the Angel Eis) - I know you told me there just isn't enough room in the pricing for a woot offering, but there is in a plus offering! Bring it on! (or at least include in one of sales with free shipping on your website, please!)[/quote]
    I'll ask Jana to grant your request in a future offereing. In the mean time give us a call and ask for Jana, She'll take care of you on pricing and shipping.

North316

ScottHarveyWines wrote:Scott's Answers

Awesome. I'll probably be picking up some of the InZin and Old Vine based on those comments.

I will also be drinking some Angel Eis this weekend in Chicago to celebrate my one-year anniversary (also some Iron Horse Wedding Cuvee).

My CT

cheron98

quality posts: 123 Private Messages cheron98

Om nom. That's all I have to say about that. Well, that and...

Scott is an amazing guy and an amazing winemaker. He always makes us feel welcomed and right at home when we go to visit. One of the comments I made when we got to Scott's on the final evening of the RPM Tour (Vets Style) was that it wasn't like going to yet another winery - it was like going home. He's passionate about his wines and he loves to share with others who have that same passion, so he is forever pulling out all the best for us when we find ourselves out there in St. Helena.

Also, om nom.

I saw HitAnyKey42 on wine.woot! and clicked "I want one!"

Winedavid39

quality posts: 200 Private Messages Winedavid39

Guest Blogger

cheron98 wrote:Om nom. That's all I have to say about that. Well, that and...

Scott is an amazing guy and an amazing winemaker. He always makes us feel welcomed and right at home when we go to visit. One of the comments I made when we got to Scott's on the final evening of the RPM Tour (Vets Style) was that it wasn't like going to yet another winery - it was like going home. He's passionate about his wines and he loves to share with others who have that same passion, so he is forever pulling out all the best for us when we find ourselves out there in St. Helena.

Also, om nom.

and then there's the basement..

dalematthew

quality posts: 22 Private Messages dalematthew

Wonderful to see Scott Harvey on Woot again. One of my favorite wines is the 1869 - so am contemplating the old vine zin on offer given Scott's description. Biggest problem for me is storage - so will have to figure out if I have a place to squirrel it away Summer's Over!

I bought the 2008 Syrah double magnum last time - as a 21st birthday present for my now 4 year old. Have quite a funny photo (size wise) of him holding the bottle when it arrived.

Scott - did you do a 2004 Syrah double magnum - as I've been looking for something for my daughter who was born in that year? Would be a neat matching pair.

dalematthew

now that's a new one for me.

fi*rst = Summers Over!

ScottHarveyWines

dalematthew wrote:Wonderful to see Scott Harvey on Woot again. One of my favorite wines is the 1869 - so am contemplating the old vine zin on offer given Scott's description. Biggest problem for me is storage - so will have to figure out if I have a place to squirrel it away Summer's Over!

I bought the 2008 Syrah double magnum last time - as a 21st birthday present for my now 4 year old. Have quite a funny photo (size wise) of him holding the bottle when it arrived.

Scott - did you do a 2004 Syrah double magnum - as I've been looking for something for my daughter who was born in that year? Would be a neat matching pair.

I went down into the cellar and looked and we don't have any 2004 3 liters left of anything. Looking again, we do have some 2004 J&S Reserve Syrah in 750ml bottles.

rpm

quality posts: 172 Private Messages rpm

All of these wines are very good! Buy!!

Wine-tasting in 8 words:
    Pull lots of corks!
    Remember what you taste!

cortot20

quality posts: 138 Private Messages cortot20

I really don't buy large format bottles or dessert wines. So I guess I'm passing...........sigh!

CT

losthighwayz

quality posts: 59 Private Messages losthighwayz

Scott: the pic of the syrah 2x mag shows your signature. Was this personalized? Any way you can wish my 21 yr old to be on a happy bday before shipping? Tuat would be awesome! Thanks

"The older I get the better I was"

JOATMON

quality posts: 19 Private Messages JOATMON
    Winedavid39 wrote:and then there's the basement..

Scott's basement is like Las Vegas. Without Prince Harry.

Juvie: 30+24+4; Sellout: 6+7+0
    Rags: 3+2+3
    Drunk: 69+94+15 wine, 20+29+4 non-wine
    Rugrat: 0+0+0; Refunded: 2+3+1
    (as of 2011-03-02)

dalematthew

losthighwayz wrote:Scott: the pic of the syrah 2x mag shows your signature. Was this personalized? Any way you can wish my 21 yr old to be on a happy bday before shipping? Tuat would be awesome! Thanks

I asked that last time - but think they are all Pre-signed.

dalematthew

ScottHarveyWines wrote:I went down into the cellar and looked and we don't have any 2004 3 liters left of anything. Looking again, we do have some 2004 J&S Reserve Syrah in 750ml bottles.

How do you think they would hold up? Would they make it to 2025?

God I feel old!!

nealkb

quality posts: 13 Private Messages nealkb

I can't commit to buying a bottle or few this time, but I definitely want to and will check out the winery sometime in the near future! Hopefully there is enough for another wine.woot sale?

Neal K Bharadwaj

ScottHarveyWines

losthighwayz wrote:Scott: the pic of the syrah 2x mag shows your signature. Was this personalized? Any way you can wish my 21 yr old to be on a happy bday before shipping? Tuat would be awesome! Thanks

All of the 3 liter/double magnums are signed bottles.

ScottHarveyWines

dalematthew wrote:How do you think they would hold up? Would they make it to 2025?

God I feel old!!

The wine has a low pH and will hold up for sure until 2015. Until 2025, I doubt it. If I had it in a 3 liter, it would. I'm headed up to the tasting room today. I'll see if they have a 3 liter of 2004.

dalematthew

ScottHarveyWines wrote:The wine has a low pH and will hold up for sure until 2015. Until 2025, I doubt it. If I had it in a 3 liter, it would. I'm headed up to the tasting room today. I'll see if they have a 3 liter of 2004.

Fingers crossed on my end.

We have to get over to you and visit next time we are out your way. We spend a lot if time around the Murphys area - specifically Twisted Oak

Winedavid39

quality posts: 200 Private Messages Winedavid39

Guest Blogger

JOATMON wrote:Scott's basement is like Las Vegas. Without Prince Harry.

what happens in Scott's basement, stay's in Scott's basement..

funbunny

quality posts: 25 Private Messages funbunny
    Winedavid39 wrote:what happens in Scott's basement, stay's in Scott's basement..

That sounds very Silence of the Lambs - It puts the wine in the bottle.

"Wine is sunshine held together by water" - Galileo Galilei

ScottHarveyWines

dalematthew wrote:Fingers crossed on my end.

We have to get over to you and visit next time we are out your way. We spend a lot if time around the Murphys area - specifically Twisted Oak

Tasting room doesn't have any 3 liter bottles of 2004. Let us know when you're visiting St. Helena. We'll open and try one of the 750ml bottles of the 2004 and see if we think it will hold until 2025.

losthighwayz

quality posts: 59 Private Messages losthighwayz
    dalematthew wrote:I asked that last time - but think they are all Pre-signed.

Seems like it. Im wondering if the 3L syrah will hold until 2029 in my closet? Thanks!

"The older I get the better I was"

dalematthew

ScottHarveyWines wrote:Tasting room doesn't have any 3 liter bottles of 2004. Let us know when you're visiting St. Helena. We'll open and try one of the 750ml bottles of the 2004 and see if we think it will hold until 2025.

Thanks for checking Scott - really appreciate it. Do you do tastings out in Suttor Creek?

montegobayjr

quality posts: 10 Private Messages montegobayjr

What am I missing? I live in Connecticut, which allows direct shipment of wine, but we are not on the list for these wines, and several others I would have liked to try...

southcutt

quality posts: 14 Private Messages southcutt

My wife and I really, really like the '07 InZINerator. I think I might have one bottle still stashed away somewhere. If it were regular bottles, or even a regular magnum, I'd buy in a heartbeat. For a double magnum…I'll have to figure out whether I can find a place to store it.

I'll probably pick up one or two of the Old Vines, at least.

And because I happened to find this while answering my wife's question as to whether Scott was the same winemaker she was thinking of, I'll share it here (just for the introductory photo): 38th Harvest With Scott Harvey Wines

Cesare

quality posts: 1612 Private Messages Cesare
    montegobayjr wrote:What am I missing? I live in Connecticut, which allows direct shipment of wine, but we are not on the list for these wines, and several others I would have liked to try...

• Every winery needs a separate license from each state.
  • -il Cesare
    Sole Absolute Triple
    Exalted High Tastemaster Supreme
    “In the entire world there are only a few sounds that bring joy to all but the most jaded. One is the murmur of a kitten purring. Another is the thwack of a well-pitched baseball hitting a perfectly swung bat. And the third is the pop of a cork being pulled from a bottle of wine.” —George Taber

ScottHarveyWines

dalematthew wrote:Thanks for checking Scott - really appreciate it. Do you do tastings out in Suttor Creek?

The 2004 Reserve Syrah is in our cellar in St. Helena. There isn't any at the tasting room.

ScottHarveyWines

southcutt wrote:My wife and I really, really like the '07 InZINerator. I think I might have one bottle still stashed away somewhere. If it were regular bottles, or even a regular magnum, I'd buy in a heartbeat. For a double magnum…I'll have to figure out whether I can find a place to store it.

I'll probably pick up one or two of the Old Vines, at least.

And because I happened to find this while answering my wife's question as to whether Scott was the same winemaker she was thinking of, I'll share it here (just for the introductory photo): 38th Harvest With Scott Harvey Wines

That photo was when I was filtering White Harvest Zinfandel in rthe 1980 vintage. Be nice to be back at that weight again.

dalematthew

Well - I went in on the old vines zin.

I was just checking out your website also - made me think about how good the Jana Cathedral was you had on woot a while back. Any chance that will come up again soon??

Really have to swing by and join up as a member.

I'm guessing you don't taste the Cathedral at Sutter Creek right.

Have a good weekend!

ScottHarveyWines

dalematthew wrote:Well - I went in on the old vines zin.

I was just checking out your website also - made me think about how good the Jana Cathedral was you had on woot a while back. Any chance that will come up again soon??

Really have to swing by and join up as a member.

I'm guessing you don't taste the Cathedral at Sutter Creek right.

Have a good weekend!

The Cathedral is open for tasting at the Sutter Creek tasting room. The tasting room staff love pouring it and have a good knowledge of the wine's production.

montegobayjr

quality posts: 10 Private Messages montegobayjr
    Cesare wrote:
  • Every winery needs a separate license from each state.

• So, when Connecticut (which, as stated, allows direct shipment of wine) is not included, I should lobby the winery(s) to be licensed with my state, not contact my state reps? Sorry, as you can guess, I'm pretty new here

dalematthew

ScottHarveyWines wrote:The Cathedral is open for tasting at the Sutter Creek tasting room. The tasting room staff love pouring it and have a good knowledge of the wine's production.

Super - will try to head over next weekend.

southcutt

quality posts: 14 Private Messages southcutt
    montegobayjr wrote:So, when Connecticut (which, as stated, allows direct shipment of wine) is not included, I should lobby the winery(s) to be licensed with my state, not contact my state reps? Sorry, as you can guess, I'm pretty new here

Yes—and dig up as much information as you can about the CT winery licensing process/requirements, to include with your petition to the winery/ies. Make it as easy for them as you can!

kittymac

quality posts: 6 Private Messages kittymac

Jana Winery Riesling Angel Ice sounds amazing. If anyone has had it I would be interested in your tasting notes.

Thanks.

North316

kittymac wrote:Jana Winery Riesling Angel Ice sounds amazing. If anyone has had it I would be interested in your tasting notes.

Thanks.

One of the best dessert wines you will ever have, period.

My CT

North316

I guess i wont be getting that inzin afterall, since it sold out while im out of town. I was just going to take advantage of shipping and get that and the DH zin up this morning. Maybe ill just save the money and have my wife call jana as scott suggested

My CT