WootBot

quality posts: 15 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Castoro Cellars

When we say "reasonable and bold" what comes to mind? That's right. Pretty much nobody these days. But surprise! Because all these Castoro Cellars wines are both bold AND reasonably priced! See that, guy who stole our girlfriend that night in the sports bar? The two concepts aren't mutually unexclusive.
Castoro Cellars official site

Facebook
Twitter

Quality Posts

Cesare

quality posts: 1644 Private Messages Cesare

Castoro Cellars

Castoro Cellars Red Sampler 4-Pack
$69.99 (Normally $108.00) 35% off List Price
2009 Primitivo
2010 Zinfandel, Whale Rock
2010 Zinfandel, Estate Cobble Creek
2010 Tempranillo, Whale Rock

Castoro Cellars Mixed 2010 Zinfandel 4-Pack
$69.99 (Normally $112.00) 38% off List Price
2010 Zinfandel, Whale Rock
2010 Zinfandel, Estate Cobble Creek

Castoro Cellars 2009 Primitivo 4-Pack
$69.99 (Normally $104.00) 33% off List Price
2009 Primitivo

Castoro Cellars 2010 Tempranillo 4-Pack
$69.99 (Normally $104.00) 33% off List Price
2010 Tempranillo, Whale Rock

Castoro Cellars 2010 Chardonnay 5-Pack
$69.99 (Normally $105.00) 33% off List Price
2010 Chardonnay, Whale Rock Reserve
CT links above

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple
Exalted High Tastemaster Supreme
“In the entire world there are only a few sounds that bring joy to all but the most jaded. One is the murmur of a kitten purring. Another is the thwack of a well-pitched baseball hitting a perfectly swung bat. And the third is the pop of a cork being pulled from a bottle of wine.” —George Taber

junk1965

quality posts: 0 Private Messages junk1965

Wow! My first time as the first Wooter, and I didn't even notice it until several hours later. Shouldn't I win some sort of a prize for finally having my cherry popped?

true559

quality posts: 24 Private Messages true559
junk1965 wrote:Wow! My first time as the first Wooter, and I didn't even notice it until several hours later. Shouldn't I win some sort of a prize for finally having my cherry popped?

The wine will be your prize. This is one of the best Paso wineries IMO. Zins are to die for.

ilcastoro

quality posts: 11 Private Messages ilcastoro

Hi -Just checking to see if anyone has any questions about my wine. These are delicious!

sdwindansea

quality posts: 4 Private Messages sdwindansea

Thanks for stopping in. The Primitivo looks really interesting/good. Do you have a suggested drinking window for this wine? Do you expect it to change much over time?

runner0382

quality posts: 1 Private Messages runner0382

Hope these are higher quality wines than the $10 ones Trader Joe's carries!

loreelu

quality posts: 4 Private Messages loreelu

I loved the 2008 Primitivo, and look forward to trying the 2009.

ilcastoro

sdwindansea wrote:Thanks for stopping in. The Primitivo looks really interesting/good. Do you have a suggested drinking window for this wine? Do you expect it to change much over time?

I love this wine with hearty BBQ and pastas. Very rich wine.

ilcastoro

runner0382 wrote:Hope these are higher quality wines than the $10 ones Trader Joe's carries!

Ha Ha - these are not at all the same wines. TJ's has never had these wines and currently don't have any of our brand in there. If you try and don't agree we can have a further discussion.

ilcastoro

loreelu wrote:I loved the 2008 Primitivo, and look forward to trying the 2009.

You will love it!

losthighwayz

quality posts: 59 Private Messages losthighwayz

Hi

Im looking at the zins n primitivo. Many yelpers seem to like the primitivo and im wondering if its becauae its fruit forward with some residual sugar. I prefer dry reds so hoping not the case. Can you comment on the RS, oak treatment, and tasting profile for the pri itivo as well as both zins? I enjoy small production wines and the zins fit the bill. Also, what was the oak treRment? Not a big fan of overly-oaked vanilla tasting zins.....thanks!

"The older I get the better I was"

ilcastoro

losthighwayz wrote:Hi

Im looking at the zins n primitivo. Many yelpers seem to like the primitivo and im wondering if its becauae its fruit forward with some residual sugar. I prefer dry reds so hoping not the case. Can you comment on the RS, oak treatment, and tasting profile for the pri itivo as well as both zins? I enjoy small production wines and the zins fit the bill. Also, what was the oak treRment? Not a big fan of overly-oaked vanilla tasting zins.....thanks!

I would say our primitivo is less berry and fruity than the Zins. It is a bit earthier, dry with a bit more spice in it. Our oak is not excessive at all, we like to let the grape speak first. Should be right up your alley.

true559

quality posts: 24 Private Messages true559

The good news is that I got my wine today. The bad news is that I received absolutely no tracking info beforehand. If it's like my last wine woot order, I'll get the tracking info 2 days from now. Sad.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 585 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

true559 wrote:The good news is that I got my wine today. The bad news is that I received absolutely no tracking info beforehand. If it's like my last wine woot order, I'll get the tracking info 2 days from now. Sad.

Argggghhhh. I sent this in to CS so they can see what happened. So sorry. If it wouldn't be too much trouble, could you also send the info in via Beta Feedback. (It really is read and does help.)

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders