Corrado

quality posts: 130 Private Messages Corrado

Volunteer Moderator

sneefy wrote:So, it's the FedGov's responsibility to enact policy that states you should be paid for choosing to not work?

I never cease to be amazed at how the entitlement generation thinks.

There's this great little thread that's up & running for just this sort of question! Let's make sure we keep this thread product/sale related.

Corrado's Training Blog @ http://DrawnOutsideTheLinesOfReason.blogspot.com/
http://twitter.com/Corrado

It's not my fault that I love Gatzby! He's such a pretty, pretty "man."

rjquillin

quality posts: 173 Private Messages rjquillin
marchbanks wrote:There's actually 3 more:
Monkey Prize - Pedroncelli
Monkey 2nd Prize - Pedroncelli
and Blitzen - Not sure.

Blitzen was Ty Caton I believe.

CT

losthighwayz

quality posts: 59 Private Messages losthighwayz

Speaking of zins, the castoro zin offer on woot plus looks more enticing...

"The older I get the better I was"

cheron98

quality posts: 123 Private Messages cheron98

I remember this one from the RPM tour. Very much a fruit bomb. Very much not to my style, but a sound wine. There were other wines available that evening that captured my attention far more, though, so my memory notes are rather limited on this one. I just remember it being very fruity, very sweet, very jammy. Good food wine but is tough to drink by itself.

I saw HitAnyKey42 on wine.woot! and clicked "I want one!"

coynedj

quality posts: 7 Private Messages coynedj

I never did hear back from the first guy who was going to split an order with me, so....

Anyone in the Twin Cities up for a split?

I started out on Burgundy but soon hit the harder stuff. Bob Dylan, Just Like Tom Thumb's Blues

How on earth did I get 7 QPs?

cheron98

quality posts: 123 Private Messages cheron98
Corrado wrote:I'm not that smart; in for 3!

(okay 2 for me & one for kmeyersvt). Rolling the dice a bit that those predicting "best as a drink now wine" are wrong. I have a full stock of Blitzen & MP2 I've been sitting on for the past year!

I dunno. Seems pretty approachable right now and doesn't really strike me as an aging kind of wine. Unlike all of the previous woot cellars that have done better after a year in the cellar, this one is ready to go. But I'm not sure it's got the structure to age.

I saw HitAnyKey42 on wine.woot! and clicked "I want one!"

SmilingBoognish

quality posts: 47 Private Messages SmilingBoognish
losthighwayz wrote:Speaking of zins, the castoro zin offer on woot plus looks more enticing...

I'm a long time fan of Castoro. I recommend giving them a go if you are interested.

mommadeb1

quality posts: 17 Private Messages mommadeb1

went in for 1... probably should not have... but, it is a woot cellar.... that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it!!

boatman72

quality posts: 13 Private Messages boatman72
TomRaz wrote:The F-Bomb was really good and I wish I had bought more and their offerings have not dis-appointed I am in for 3 !

My F-Bomb Reisling order was nasty. The corks popped when pulled and it was grossly sour. My funds were promply refunded - first wine I had to pour down the drain as I cried. Anyone else have problems?

tomthall

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tomthall

is this on the dry side?

otolith

quality posts: 22 Private Messages otolith
coynedj wrote:Pricey, but still considering it. Anyone in the Twin Cities up for a split?

yes, if you see this before midnight.

Go ahead and order.

"When we try to pick out anything by itself, we find it hitched to everything else in the universe."
--John Muir

kylemittskus

quality posts: 229 Private Messages kylemittskus
tomthall wrote:is this on the dry side?

No. On the sweeter side.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

southcutt

quality posts: 14 Private Messages southcutt

*Sigh*…I really hate to pass up a Woot Cellars red (especially a Zin), but at this price and being on the sweet side…I just can't bring myself to buy.

Azazelthefallen

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Azazelthefallen
boatman72 wrote:My F-Bomb Reisling order was nasty. The corks popped when pulled and it was grossly sour. My funds were promply refunded - first wine I had to pour down the drain as I cried. Anyone else have problems?

My bottles taste like they are a bit watered down and and they are too dry with very little taste. The cork did pop a little, but the wine wasn't sour.I am still disappointed by how watery it tasted. Make me wonder if this will be worth buying...I still have to finish the last two bottles of the F-Bomb...

Cocontom

quality posts: 5 Private Messages Cocontom
southcutt wrote:*Sigh*…I really hate to pass up a Woot Cellars red (especially a Zin), but at this price and being on the sweet side…I just can't bring myself to buy.

I'm right there with you. If this was a nice, dry Wellington style zin, I would have gone in for at least two, but I'm sure Trader Joe's could supply me with an assortment of decent sweetish fruit bomb zin for under $10 per bottle.

coynedj

quality posts: 7 Private Messages coynedj
otolith wrote:yes, if you see this before midnight.

Go ahead and order.

Oops - too latte. Ah, well - maybe it'll show up in a woot-off (speak of the devil...).

I started out on Burgundy but soon hit the harder stuff. Bob Dylan, Just Like Tom Thumb's Blues

How on earth did I get 7 QPs?

otolith

quality posts: 22 Private Messages otolith
coynedj wrote:Oops - too latte. Ah, well - maybe it'll show up in a woot-off (speak of the devil...).

That's ok. We'll see if it shows up again. I'd probably only want a bottle of it.

"When we try to pick out anything by itself, we find it hitched to everything else in the universe."
--John Muir

knobody

quality posts: 0 Private Messages knobody

i have had this problem once before. i got the email last thursday saying that my wine has shipped. i clicky and the fedex tracking number brings up nothing. no problem, it's likely just not in the system yet. well, it's four days later and the tracking number i was given still has not shown up in the system. i would like this to be held at the station as i'm usually not home when it needs to be signed for, but i can't change that until i get valid shipping info from fedex. has anyone else had this problem of tracking numbers not showing up in the fedex system? has the wine not been actually shipped yet? am i just lucky to get a messed up number and i'll have to wait until i get a door tag and have my box sit on a truck for days?

mavery81230

quality posts: 2 Private Messages mavery81230
knobody wrote: well, it's four days later and the tracking number i was given still has not shown up in the system. ... has anyone else had this problem of tracking numbers not showing up in the fedex system?

It's happened a time or two, but never for the 4 days that it's happened this time to you and to me. Maybe someone entered a number wrong? Maybe it won't be picked up until today (Monday), which is better than the wine cooking in trucks and not being delivered over the weekend?

Still, it'd be nice to know what is going on.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 564 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

mavery81230 wrote:It's happened a time or two, but never for the 4 days that it's happened this time to you and to me. Maybe someone entered a number wrong? Maybe it won't be picked up until today (Monday), which is better than the wine cooking in trucks and not being delivered over the weekend?

Still, it's be nice to know what is going on.

Ok, found the scoop on these early shipping emails.....

Wine.Woot orders are a bit different because WCC handles the logistics.

WCC prints the shipping labels and sends us the tracking information which is then uploaded on our end. This automatically shoots out an email to you telling you it's shipped when in reality, it's just the electronic info.

Once the packages are released to the shipper and they scan it in, your tracking information will update and you'll see your stuff moving towards you.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

knobody

quality posts: 0 Private Messages knobody
ThunderThighs wrote:Ok, found the scoop on these early shipping emails.....

Wine.Woot orders are a bit different because WCC handles the logistics.

WCC prints the shipping labels and sends us the tracking information which is then uploaded on our end. This automatically shoots out an email to you telling you it's shipped when in reality, it's just the electronic info.

Once the packages are released to the shipper and they scan it in, your tracking information will update and you'll see your stuff moving towards you.

thanks for the info. updated the page this evening and it's finally in the system. and here i was thinking the elephants and tropical storms had hijacked my wine for their own nefarious purposes.

garethfunning

quality posts: 0 Private Messages garethfunning

I was home to receive my shipment this afternoon at the first delivery attempt, and eagerly opened it at the first legitimate opportunity (7 o'clock = wine o'clock). Imagine my irritation when I found that my glass of wine, and indeed all 11 other bottles were WARM.

What the hell, Woot? Don't you 'do' summer shipping, with those little gel packs, any more? If my wine is spoiled, or has less of a shelf life as a result of this, I will be pissed. (And not in the good, tipsy British way.)

time2testit

quality posts: 14 Private Messages time2testit
garethfunning wrote:I was home to receive my shipment this afternoon at the first delivery attempt, and eagerly opened it at the first legitimate opportunity (7 o'clock = wine o'clock). Imagine my irritation when I found that my glass of wine, and indeed all 11 other bottles were WARM.

What the hell, Woot? Don't you 'do' summer shipping, with those little gel packs, any more? If my wine is spoiled, or has less of a shelf life as a result of this, I will be pissed. (And not in the good, tipsy British way.)

Exactly. I was unhappy when the last shipment of my wine (the Triacipedis) arrived with no ice packs in the middle of the Summer and I will have no idea if that wine was cooked until I finally try one. I was told it was an oversight or something. HOWEVER, I just received my shipment of the Pour Pour Me woot wine and it AGAIN has no Summer shipping ice packs! It was nearly 90 degrees here today! What is going on Wine Woot! That is NOT acceptable.

Winedavid39

quality posts: 200 Private Messages Winedavid39

Guest Blogger

time2testit wrote:Exactly. I was unhappy when the last shipment of my wine (the Triacipedis) arrived with no ice packs in the middle of the Summer and I will have no idea if that wine was cooked until I finally try one. I was told it was an oversight or something. HOWEVER, I just received my shipment of the Pour Pour Me woot wine and it AGAIN has no Summer shipping ice packs! It was nearly 90 degrees here today! What is going on Wine Woot! That is NOT acceptable.

Hello,

sorry to hear the wine appeared exposed.

Actually, if you are in the midwest or east coast regions there are never freeze packs included. the wine travels most of it's journey via a refrigerated trucks. then it is fed into a carrier hub (usually at night) then integrates into the carrier system for 1-2 day delivery. the reefer is cold, but the jel packs would not remain frozen during that leg and would have little protective effect on the package. The key is to reduce the time the product is exposed to the elements. which we do and with alot of success in most cases.

Check to see if there's any protruding corks or leakage in the wine you received. This symptom indicates an abrupt change in temperature, which is usually the culprit in ruined wine. if you see these signs, contact service@woot.com and we'll get another package out to you pronto.

my guess is if you don't have these symptoms, the wine is fine. If you don't think so, by all means contact service@woot.

i'll keep an eye on this forum to answer any more questions on this.

thanks,

time2testit

quality posts: 14 Private Messages time2testit
Winedavid39 wrote:Hello,

sorry to hear the wine appeared exposed.

Actually, if you are in the midwest or east coast regions there are never freeze packs included. the wine travels most of it's journey via a refrigerated trucks. then it is fed into a carrier hub (usually at night) then integrates into the carrier system for 1-2 day delivery. the reefer is cold, but the jel packs would not remain frozen during that leg and would have little protective effect on the package. The key is to reduce the time the product is exposed to the elements. which we do and with alot of success in most cases.

Check to see if there's any protruding corks or leakage in the wine you received. This symptom indicates an abrupt change in temperature, which is usually the culprit in ruined wine. if you see these signs, contact service@woot.com and we'll get another package out to you pronto.

my guess is if you don't have these symptoms, the wine is fine. If you don't think so, by all means contact service@woot.

i'll keep an eye on this forum to answer any more questions on this.

thanks,

Thanks David. I'm in sizzling So Cal, and in years past I have always had the little ice packs. Only this year, when it changed to having no difference in pricing for Summer shipping have my shipments come with no protection against the 90 plus degree heat here. When it happened on the Triacipedis I was told by service@woot.com it was just a one time mistake. Now it happened on this shipment (my first since the Triacipedis). I didn't notice anything visible in terms of corks or protusions on either shipment, though I didn't look closely. But I know that having wine in high heat causes other issues beyond just being corked, including decreasing the life of the wine. I did email service@woot but last time they suggested I open and try a bottle. I don't generally buy wines here (or elsewhere) to pop and pour, and having to open one to "try" to see if it has damage (which of course may not even show up until later when it doesn't hold up for its shelf life due to extreme temp variation) is not a good option. It sounds like this is not an isolated instance on this one.

GluonConcerto

quality posts: 9 Private Messages GluonConcerto

I got mine on Wednesday, and shared the first bottle that evening. Delicious!

bookofjoshua

quality posts: 12 Private Messages bookofjoshua
GluonConcerto wrote:I got mine on Wednesday, and shared the first bottle that evening. Delicious!

I'm a lot late to the game, but, Mine too! I took the first bottle to a friends house for dinner and everyone thought it was great!

A lot of people here complained about the price, but I think it was worth every penny! I only wish I had bought more than two, I'm going to run out fast!

webdev511

quality posts: 37 Private Messages webdev511

Had a bottle last Saturday. Fruit bomb might be an understatement. Sugar bomb is more accurate. I almost felt like I was drinking a glass of welche's grape juice. I'll keep it around for the folks that ask me if I've got any Barefoot white Zinfandel.

bookofjoshua

quality posts: 12 Private Messages bookofjoshua
webdev511 wrote:Had a bottle last Saturday. Fruit bomb might be an understatement. Sugar bomb is more accurate. I almost felt like I was drinking a glass of welche's grape juice. I'll keep it around for the folks that ask me if I've got any Barefoot white Zinfandel.

I'm trying to gather perspective so I can better understand how to judge what people say about wine here on woot.

What do you normally drink? I usually drink Arbor Crest Cabernet Sov. and Merlot as well as several WA made Sangiovese. I didn't think it was that sweet, it was far sweeter that Arbor Crest Cab but I would never compair it to any barefoot wines. I fully expected it to taste like a barefoot or any other gas station wine from the way people here talked about it, but my bottles at least were no where near that.

davemary1

quality posts: 1 Private Messages davemary1

This is not the wine for me. I am sorry I bought 2!

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 564 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

davemary1 wrote:This is not the wine for me. I am sorry I bought 2!

Can you share more information on why? Other might appreciate your tasting notes.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders