Quality Posts

Cesare

quality posts: 1625 Private Messages Cesare

Woot Cellars 2010 Pour Pour Me Fruit Bomber 4-Pack
$57.99
2010 Pour Pour Me Fruit Bomber
CT link above

Winery website

• Summer shipping is in effect so don't worry about your wine.
  • Every winery needs a separate license from each state which is why your state isn't listed.
  • -il Cesare
    Sole Absolute Triple
    Exalted High Tastemaster Supreme
    “In the entire world there are only a few sounds that bring joy to all but the most jaded. One is the murmur of a kitten purring. Another is the thwack of a well-pitched baseball hitting a perfectly swung bat. And the third is the pop of a cork being pulled from a bottle of wine.” —George Taber

phidan

quality posts: 4 Private Messages phidan

really thought about being the first sucker here

ckeilah

quality posts: 149 Private Messages ckeilah

Who is? Do they still do FirstSucker?

I'm broke but I couldn't resist. Maybe I'm it! :-d

Please do not increment my Quality Posts count. 69 is a good place to be. ;-)
    MOD: We had to...we just HAD TO...

webdev511

quality posts: 38 Private Messages webdev511
    phidan wrote:really thought about being the first sucker here

I didn't. I just clicked the big gold button. Nearly out of inzinerator so this should fill that hole.

ckeilah

Damn. 26.8° brix! Is this sweet or super alcoholic?

Woot! 15.6% alc. and 6.1g/L res. sugar. Those were some hungry hungry fungi™! :-)

kevins87

quality posts: 1 Private Messages kevins87

any word why some wines are listed as being able to ship to N.J. And some arent like this one?

smartheart

quality posts: 94 Private Messages smartheart

I wonder what the specific source for the grapes and bottling is for Woot Cellars? (Maybe I missed it--tired tonight.)

"Three be the things I shall never attain: Envy, content, and sufficient champagne."
    --D. Parker

JOATMON

quality posts: 19 Private Messages JOATMON

No winery listed. I cannot find that info anywhere. What happened to the Amazon decree that all wineries be listed for woot cellars wines?

Juvie: 30+24+4; Sellout: 6+7+0
    Rags: 3+2+3
    Drunk: 69+94+15 wine, 20+29+4 non-wine
    Rugrat: 0+0+0; Refunded: 2+3+1
    (as of 2011-03-02)

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 568 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

kevins87 wrote:any word why some wines are listed as being able to ship to N.J. And some arent like this one?

Each winery has to license with each state. So it will vary from sale to sale.

FORUM MODERATOR
    To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
    ••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
    CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 181 Private Messages MarkDaSpark

Courtesy of CJ:

cjsiege wrote:List of previous WW gatherings by area. Great reading and great examples of how to set up a Get-Together Thread.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Upcoming Woot Wine Gatherings…All The News for the week of August 19th.

August
    8/25: Buffalo/WNY #9: Sushi & Wootlegging
    TBD: SoCal #21: RPM-style "Serious WIne Tasting"
    TBD: NorCal #13: Wheelbarrow o' Wine

September
    9/22: Chicago #?
    TBD: NoVA/DC #27: TBD
    TBD: Austin Area Interest Thread

October
    10/20: Detroit #12: The Last Hurrah

Pending
    TBD: NorCal #12: Volcanic Terroir and/or Eastern European Finds
    TBD: Dallas #11

No events in your area??? Start one! Create an interest thread in the World of Wine Woot Community Tab.

So join or create a WW Gathering!

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
    *This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

JOATMON

quality posts: 19 Private Messages JOATMON

And where are the sales stats? Did we have the Troubles II?

Juvie: 30+24+4; Sellout: 6+7+0
    Rags: 3+2+3
    Drunk: 69+94+15 wine, 20+29+4 non-wine
    Rugrat: 0+0+0; Refunded: 2+3+1
    (as of 2011-03-02)

Fountain3586

quality posts: 32 Private Messages Fountain3586

Woot, how did you make this wine? :-)

Favorite Woots: The First Years miSwivel Feeding Chair, Kiddy Sport’n Move Stroller, Sacs of Life Insulator 4 Reusable Shopping Bags, Daiwa Golf Bag, Energizer Light on Demand Twin Light Center, Ooma Telo ViIP Home Phone System, and a Stainless Steel Designer 6 Ounce Flask.

ckeilah

JOATMON wrote:And where are the sales stats? Did we have the Troubles II?

LOL I was probably first sucker, and anytime I'm involved with computers something is bound to go horribly awry. Sorry for breaking wine.woot!

MarkDaSpark

JOATMON wrote:No winery listed. I cannot find that info anywhere. What happened to the Amazon decree that all wineries be listed for woot cellars wines?

Three Wine Company, Contra Costa County. Just like the previous two Woot Cellars.

Edit: They've done 5 previous (1 red, 4 white) to this one ...

2008 Woot Cellars Triacipedis = Matt Cline of Three Wine Company
    2008 Woot Cellars Adequate Gift = Matt Cline of Three Wine Company
    2010 Woot Cellars Triacipedis and the Minotaur’s Chalice = Three Wine Company
    2011 Woot Cellars F-Bomb Riesling = Three Wine Company
    2011 Triacipedis in the Dominion of the Flower-King = Three Wine Company

*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 568 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

JOATMON wrote:And where are the sales stats? Did we have the Troubles II?

We had a bit of a burp Friday night and that's a lingering after effect. Should be fixed sometime this week, I'm sure.

FORUM MODERATOR
    To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
    ••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
    CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

chipgreen

quality posts: 189 Private Messages chipgreen

Tried this wine during the rpm tour labrat session. It's an easy drinking Zin with lots of fruit (as the name implies) and a semi-sweet finish.

Although I enjoyed it, those with more sophisticated palates may turn their noses up at this one.

I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that the winemaker is Matt Cline of the Three Wine Company who also produced the recent Woot Cellars F-Bomb Riesling but that's just speculation on my part.

I know that SWMBO would enjoy this one and expected it to be an auto-buy when it eventually showed up here but I have to say I am a little bummed at the price point of this offer. Pretty pricey for a party-time Zin with Woot Cellars branding.

Can I get a splitness up in here?

EDIT: I see that as I was running off at the fingers, Sparky confirmed the Three Wines pedigree.

redwinefan

quality posts: 74 Private Messages redwinefan
    ckeilah wrote:Damn. 26.8° brix! Is this sweet or super alcoholic?

Woot! 15.6% alc. and 6.1g/L res. sugar. Those were some hungry hungry fungi™! :-)

We had this at the RPM Tour Super Tasting. This wine tastes exactly like the name. There is truth in advertising.

"You need to invest in a corkscrew. Wine is for drinking." -- Peter Wellington

MarkDaSpark

We had this at the RPM Tour Labrat tasting just before the Veterans tour started.

It was good and I don't think there was too much alcohol on the nose. But my notes aren't that good from that night.

MarkDaSpark

chipgreen wrote:Tried this wine during the rpm tour labrat session. It's an easy drinking Zin with lots of fruit (as the name implies) and a semi-sweet finish.

Although I enjoyed it, those with more sophisticated palates may turn their noses up at this one.

I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that the winemaker is Matt Cline of the Three Wine Company who also produced the recent Woot Cellars F-Bomb Riesling but that's just speculation on my part.

I know that SWMBO would enjoy this one and expected it to be an auto-buy when it eventually showed up here but I have to say I am a little bummed at the price point of this offer. Pretty pricey for a party-time Zin with Woot Cellars branding.

Can I get a splitness up in here?

EDIT: I see that as I was running off at the fingers, Sparky confirmed the Three Wines pedigree.

I be fast and you be slow! And I would have been even quicker if I found the bottle (from the labrat) faster!

Where are you again?

chipgreen

MarkDaSpark wrote:I be fast and you be slow! And I would have been even quicker if I found the bottle (from the labrat) faster!

Where are you again?

I'm in Ohio... err, I mean Slowhio!

ajrod27

quality posts: 41 Private Messages ajrod27

I did have the chance of tasting this during the RPM tour Lab-rat tasting.

Just like it's name, it is a fruit bomb! Dark garnet color and a huge nose of blueberry jam, prune and strawberry jam. On the palate, there was cherries, prunes, dried figs and more strawberry jam with a touch of spice. It is mouth filling and has a nice finish. It also has a good acidity to it that cuts through some of the sweetness.

I usually do not like 'fruit bomb' wines but this one seems well made and is multidimensional. I bet it would go great with some BBQ!

MarkDaSpark

chipgreen wrote:I'm in Ohio... err, I mean Slowhio!

Oh well. I picked up 3 sets, but unless you plan on moving to bankrupt Cali ...

MarkDaSpark

ajrod27 wrote:I did have the chance of tasting this during the RPM tour Lab-rat tasting.

Just like it's name, it is a fruit bomb! Dark garnet color and a huge nose of blueberry jam, prune and strawberry jam. On the palate, there was cherries, prunes, dried figs and more strawberry jam with a touch of spice. It is mouth filling and has a nice finish. It also has a good acidity to it that cuts through some of the sweetness.

I usually do not like 'fruit bomb' wines but this one seems well made and is multidimensional. I bet it would go great with some BBQ!

On the back label, it states, "Served with distinction alongside barbecued meats".

Also, the vines are younger than 20 years old, so no old vines in this. It says Contra Costa County on the front label.

chipgreen

MarkDaSpark wrote:Oh well. I picked up 3 sets, but unless you plan on moving to bankrupt Cali ...

I'd love to move there but the cost of living is so low here that I'd be lucky to afford a tarpaper shack in CA with what I could get for my 3 bedroom brick ranch in OH.

chipgreen

Alright, who am I kidding? I'm in but still willing to split. I wanted to kick the free shipping in tonight anyway for some of that tasty looking olive oil!

ajrod27

MarkDaSpark wrote:

Also, the vines are younger than 20 years old, so no old vines in this. It says Contra Costa County on the front label.

Does this mean the grapes are immature and not well behaved?

CowboyDann

quality posts: 716 Private Messages CowboyDann

Every time I buy a woot cellars wine I always wished I had bought more. I have learned my lesson- In for 3!!

I'll eat Ramen 5 meals a week for a month to make sure I get enough woot-cell juice.

Edit: Also the name of this wine reminds me of a great part from one of my new favorite shows: "Peep Show" He fakes being a recovering alcoholic to get closer to the boss (if memory serves, I watched 7 seasons in 2 weeks) Anyways, here's the clip nsfw language.

bsevern

quality posts: 109 Private Messages bsevern

I recall tasting this at the woot tour "taste-off" and wrote the following:

Big Zin!
    Big fruit!
    Tasty!
    Nice finish!

tomaste

quality posts: 13 Private Messages tomaste

Is this the first woot cellars wine that was more than $10 per bottle?

speedoo

quality posts: 41 Private Messages speedoo
    tomaste wrote:Is this the first woot cellars wine that was more than $10 per bottle?

Not sure, but I am pretty sure it is the most expensive of all the Woot Cellars offerings. If it were a nice cab, I'd probably go for it, but I think I will have to pass.

CowboyDann

quality posts: 716 Private Messages CowboyDann
    speedoo wrote:Not sure, but I am pretty sure it is the most expensive of all the Woot Cellars offerings. If it were a nice cab, I'd probably go for it, but I think I will have to pass.

pretty sure the last two were 60 dollars for 5 bottles shipped. or 11 dollars a bottle without shipping.

ajrod27

tomaste wrote:Is this the first woot cellars wine that was more than $10 per bottle?

Woot Cellars D’ONTSPILLE LE BLACK 2009 Pinot Noir - 4 Pack $47.99

Woot Cellars Vinito del Finito 2010 Late Harvest Zin - 4 Pack $39.99

The Vinito del Finito are half-bottles (375ml). So, taking that into consideration, they are closer to $20/bottle. And they are worth every penny

Itwdswafo

quality posts: 7 Private Messages Itwdswafo

My notes from the RPM tasting literally say:

"ummmm.... Fruit bomb. Hint of port?"

Though admittedly my notes weren't entirely the best due to how quickly wines were being poured, and once I realized I was standing next to a wood fire I knew where some of the off favors/aromas were coming from.

BUT... I remember liking this one, and agree that those with a more sophisticated palate might turn their noses up at this one. CowboyDann has it right... You can never have enough woot cellars!

TomRaz

quality posts: 2 Private Messages TomRaz

The F-Bomb was really good and I wish I had bought more and their offerings have not dis-appointed I am in for 3 !

coynedj

quality posts: 7 Private Messages coynedj

Pricey, but still considering it. Anyone in the Twin Cities up for a split?

I started out on Burgundy but soon hit the harder stuff. Bob Dylan, Just Like Tom Thumb's Blues

How on earth did I get 7 QPs?

rjquillin

quality posts: 174 Private Messages rjquillin
    MarkDaSpark wrote:We had this at the RPM Tour Labrat tasting just before the Veterans tour started.

It was good and I don't think there was too much alcohol on the nose. But my notes aren't that good from that night.

Minimal notes that I have: FRUIT, decent balance, medium tannin on finish; buy.

CT

rjquillin

quality posts: 174 Private Messages rjquillin
    ThunderThighs wrote:We had a bit of a burp Friday night and that's a lingering after effect. Should be fixed sometime this week, I'm sure.

Seemed more like a full on regurgitation.

CT

wkdpanda

quality posts: 10 Private Messages wkdpanda

I have been waiting for this to show. My notes are fairly consistent with those posted already, with the "buy" recommendation. However, the price is making me hesitate. Going to have to look at my collection and see if I have a hole to be filled.

----------------
    Andy the Wicked Panda

North316

quality posts: 107 Private Messages North316

In for one. Would have been in for three if this had a better price.

My CT
    "Trust your homies on the net", Clark Smith.
    R.I.P. Inkycatz - Feb. 2013