Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

Cesare

quality posts: 1564 Private Messages Cesare

Brooklyn Brine Artisan Pickles 3-Pack
$24.99 (Normally $41.85) 40% off List Price
In the box:
(1) Brooklyn Brine Damn Spicy Pickles, 24oz.
(1) Brooklyn Brine Spicy Maple Bourbon Pickles, 16oz.
(1) Brooklyn Brine Hop Pickles, 16oz.

Website

Previous offer:
4/12/12

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple
Exalted High Tastemaster Supreme
“In the entire world there are only a few sounds that bring joy to all but the most jaded. One is the murmur of a kitten purring. Another is the thwack of a well-pitched baseball hitting a perfectly swung bat. And the third is the pop of a cork being pulled from a bottle of wine.” —George Taber

bskuared

quality posts: 11 Private Messages bskuared

I'm not at all pickled about this... just a bit sour about the deal.

food. italy. food. italy. wine. books. travel. food. genealogy. food. wine. italy. food. get. the. idea?

San Clemente · http://www.italyandme.com

keyes11421

quality posts: 0 Private Messages keyes11421

Really? Pickles? I stayed up for pickles? I don't even know what wine goes best with Pickles.?!?

elpepe

quality posts: 12 Private Messages elpepe

havent bought on wine.woot in a while... can these be gifted like in the past?

bsmith1

quality posts: 102 Private Messages bsmith1

No New York Deli style this time? Boo! Boo, I say!

redwinefan

quality posts: 74 Private Messages redwinefan

These pickles are good! The flavor selection seems a bit different than the last offer.

"You need to invest in a corkscrew. Wine is for drinking." -- Peter Wellington

phidan

quality posts: 4 Private Messages phidan

so.....approximately 25% less pickles than last time for 5 dollars more.

On top of that, the majority of people in the previous thread were not excited about these. While a few people posted favorable reviews after receiving them, i'm gonna definitely pass.

Jertyrael

quality posts: 20 Private Messages Jertyrael

Pickles?
Not only can I not understand why pickles are on wine.woot, but they're really expensive! You can make this stuff on your own very easily! >_>

"Woot and all our various sites will continue to be an independently operated company full of horrible, useless products and an untalented jerkface writing staff, same as it ever was." -- Matt Rutledge

danielvutran

quality posts: 16 Private Messages danielvutran

How good are these pickles? I'm eating cucumber right now.

yes it's me lol

quark613

quality posts: 11 Private Messages quark613

Kosher yet? (In April they said they were working on it...)

bpr2

quality posts: 181 Private Messages bpr2

I wanted to like the last batch of these that were offered and the 3 flavors tasted good but what I didn't like was the fact that the pickles weren't crunchy but squeaky when eaten. Unfortunately though, I won't be buying these flavorful pickles.

that was fun while it lasted!

rafcon

quality posts: 18 Private Messages rafcon

I took a chance and bought these last time. I could not believe how amazing these were! I hadn't eaten pickles in a very long time... Maybe since I was a kid... But I ate every pickle in all three jars! Each time I ate one, the flavor was intense and I wanted to save all the remaining pickles so I wouldn't run out too quickly! After finishing the last one, I have been waiting and waiting for these to return and went looking online and found them through one or two other sites (like Williams Sonoma and Dean and Deluca) but the prices were high (especially with shipping!)

The previous woot had flavors like Damn Spicy, a New York Deli one, and a whiskey sour one... All amazing but two of the three were spicy. I love spicy food so they all were perfect but I could see the damn spicy being a little much for the sensitive palette.

This time, I'm disappointed to see what looks like pickle chips versus halves, but based on my previous experience and the fact I have waited so long for these... I'm in for three!!! $75 in pickles!!! Looks like I'll be eating pickle chips out of the jar soon enough as a snack!

I highly recommend based on the flavors, but you have to like spicy food for the Damn Spicy one.

Thanks woot! And the Brooklyn Brinery!

I got a fever... and the only prescription... is more woot!
  • Woots
  • More Woots
  • Even More Woots
  • And Counting...

rolede

quality posts: 1 Private Messages rolede

Over Priced
Over Rated

Tried them last time.
Never again
Get Ba-Tampte-

Ba-Tampte Pickles - Means Tasty ...Since 1955 - Contact Us
batamptepickle.com/contact.php
Contact Us. Ba-Tampte Pickle Products, Inc. 77 Brooklyn Terminal Market Brooklyn, NY 11236. Phone: (718) 251-2100. Fax: (718) 531-9212 ...

Get their Garlic Dill

rafcon

quality posts: 18 Private Messages rafcon

Here's a link to the two Damn Spicy pickles I found during my pickle search.

Dean and Deluca

Williams-Sonoma

I got a fever... and the only prescription... is more woot!
  • Woots
  • More Woots
  • Even More Woots
  • And Counting...

redwinefan

quality posts: 74 Private Messages redwinefan

The Hop Pickles sound amazing. Beer in my pickle? Awesome.

"You need to invest in a corkscrew. Wine is for drinking." -- Peter Wellington

conanthelibrarian

quality posts: 3150 Private Messages conanthelibrarian

nice write up from seriouseats.com

http://newyork.seriouseats.com/2011/01/food-artisans-brooklyn-brine.html

deejayfiggy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages deejayfiggy
rafcon wrote:I took a chance and bought these last time. I could not believe how amazing these were! I hadn't eaten pickles in a very long time... Maybe since I was a kid... But I ate every pickle in all three jars! Each time I ate one, the flavor was intense and I wanted to save all the remaining pickles so I wouldn't run out too quickly! After finishing the last one, I have been waiting and waiting for these to return and went looking online and found them through one or two other sites (like Williams Sonoma and Dean and Deluca) but the prices were high (especially with shipping!)

The previous woot had flavors like Damn Spicy, a New York Deli one, and a whiskey sour one... All amazing but two of the three were spicy. I love spicy food so they all were perfect but I could see the damn spicy being a little much for the sensitive palette.

This time, I'm disappointed to see what looks like pickle chips versus halves, but based on my previous experience and the fact I have waited so long for these... I'm in for three!!! $75 in pickles!!! Looks like I'll be eating pickle chips out of the jar soon enough as a snack!

I highly recommend based on the flavors, but you have to like spicy food for the Damn Spicy one.

Thanks woot! And the Brooklyn Brinery!

Wow....my wife would kick me to the loveseat and divorce me if I spend $75 on pickles....wow.

speedoo

quality posts: 41 Private Messages speedoo

I have 4 unopened jars from last time I will sell cheap to someone in the NY area. PM me if interested with an offer.

1 NYC Deli
1 Damn Spicy
2 Whiskey Sour
(all are 24 oz. Bottles)

I am in Brooklyn, and can meet somewhere for exchange.

DynamiteDG

quality posts: 1 Private Messages DynamiteDG

Are these pickles kosher? Last time they were on Woot, there was a comment saying they were working on getting Rabinical supervision.

Has that happened yet?

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 547 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

quark613 wrote:Kosher yet? (In April they said they were working on it...)
DynamiteDG wrote:Are these pickles kosher? Last time they were on Woot, there was a comment saying they were working on getting Rabinical supervision.

Has that happened yet?

I've sent an email asking. It'll be later in the morning before I hear back. Or hopefully the owners will pop in to answer.

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

Greshmahg

quality posts: 50 Private Messages Greshmahg

I saw "artisan pickles" in the thumbnail, and immediately thought I was in for 3. Then I saw the 25 dollar price tag, and realised I'm in for 0. I can get artisan pickles from Pike Place that are every bit as good, and even paying the tourist tax, they won't run 9 dollars a jar....

DynamiteDG

ThunderThighs wrote:I've sent an email asking. It'll be later in the morning before I hear back. Or hopefully the owners will pop in to answer.

I sent them one also. Hopefully we'll get to enjoy these this time around because they look amazing!

FredFairOaks

quality posts: 1 Private Messages FredFairOaks

Hi,
Is the E-Mail Server down, as I received my PayPal Receipt, but no WOOT Confirmation. Thanks.

chipgreen

quality posts: 179 Private Messages chipgreen
redwinefan wrote:The Hop Pickles sound amazing. Beer in my pickle? Awesome.

Dogfish Head beer, even!

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 547 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

FredFairOaks wrote:Hi,
Is the E-Mail Server down, as I received my PayPal Receipt, but no WOOT Confirmation. Thanks.

Check your spam folders? They like to gobble us up.

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

brooklynbrine

quality posts: 9 Private Messages brooklynbrine

Hello! We are still in the process of kosher certification! It's a very long and in-depth process that I have been slowly chipping away at. Nonetheless, we will be certified soon. Cheers!

DynamiteDG wrote:I sent them one also. Hopefully we'll get to enjoy these this time around because they look amazing!

brooklynbrine

Second ingredient is 60 minute IPA! Hail the almighty Dogfish Head!

chipgreen wrote:Dogfish Head beer, even!

brooklynbrine

Hey Hey, our pickles aren't meant to suit every single pallet, that would be boring. We choose to create new and exciting flavors that are quite often unconventional while still being in the realm of palatable and delicious. If you want a classic sour and are in NYC then stop by our factory and Brinery store on President st. for our whiskey barrel ferments. Cheers!

rolede wrote:Over Priced
Over Rated

Tried them last time.
Never again
Get Ba-Tampte-

Ba-Tampte Pickles - Means Tasty ...Since 1955 - Contact Us
batamptepickle.com/contact.php
Contact Us. Ba-Tampte Pickle Products, Inc. 77 Brooklyn Terminal Market Brooklyn, NY 11236. Phone: (718) 251-2100. Fax: (718) 531-9212 ...

Get their Garlic Dill

DynamiteDG

brooklynbrine wrote:Hello! We are still in the process of kosher certification! It's a very long and in-depth process that I have been slowly chipping away at. Nonetheless, we will be certified soon. Cheers!

Which organization? If it's the OU, I know some people on the inside. I can try to help speed things up a bit

brooklynbrine

Not sure if this answers your question completely but KSA is the organization. I'm getting bogged down by an incredible amount of paperwork, including letters from our various chains of supply about their certification. We will make this happen, but organizing all the pieces of the puzzle is taking much longer than expected. Any advice you have would be greatly appreciated!

DynamiteDG wrote:Which organization? If it's the OU, I know some people on the inside. I can try to help speed things up a bit

elpepe

quality posts: 12 Private Messages elpepe
ThunderThighs wrote:Check your spam folders? They like to gobble us up.

I also ordered but did not receive an email confirmation. It's not in my spam folder either.

brooklynbrine

I understand where you're coming from for sure. I will say that using premium ingredients for a higher quality end product totally explains the price. We also pride ourselves in creating every single jar, we will never contract out our production or choose sub par ingredients to lower our cost. We believe in our products and are comfortable with having to charge more if that means we can 110% stand behind our finished product. Cheers!

Greshmahg wrote:I saw "artisan pickles" in the thumbnail, and immediately thought I was in for 3. Then I saw the 25 dollar price tag, and realised I'm in for 0. I can get artisan pickles from Pike Place that are every bit as good, and even paying the tourist tax, they won't run 9 dollars a jar....

brooklynbrine

If you would like to stop by our Brinery on 574 President st and exchange the, for different products please let us know. We offer a wide variety of pickles and are sure we can be you pickle matchmaker!

speedoo wrote:I have 4 unopened jars from last time I will sell cheap to someone in the NY area. PM me if interested with an offer.

1 NYC Deli
1 Damn Spicy
2 Whiskey Sour
(all are 24 oz. Bottles)

I am in Brooklyn, and can meet somewhere for exchange.

speedoo

quality posts: 41 Private Messages speedoo
brooklynbrine wrote:If you would like to stop by our Brinery on 574 President st and exchange the, for different products please let us know. We offer a wide variety of pickles and are sure we can be you pickle matchmaker!

Different products like what?. I have no interest in trying any of your other pickles unless they are like BaTemte.

brooklynbrine

You win some, you lose some, but at least I tried. Cheers!

speedoo wrote:Different products like what?. I have no interest in trying any of your other pickles unless they are like BaTemte.

sprkmaker

quality posts: 4 Private Messages sprkmaker
speedoo wrote:Different products like what?. I have no interest in trying any of your other pickles unless they are like BaTemte.

You're sounding like a donkey right now. The guy made a very decent offer and you poop on his pickles. A review is one thing, but your attitude is ridiculous...it's obviously you like more old school style pickles, why not just take the offer, pick up a jar or two of his other pickled products and let it be.

Anyway, all rants aside, i'll probably pick these up as I JUST heard about these beer pickles yesterday from a friend. I'm pretty surprised to see them on woot today. Despite that, i'm wondering if you can provide any info on home pickling. I've tried the hot bat submersion pickles and they always end up WAYYYY too soft....on the other hand, i've been told by many that just hot packing them (just pouring hot vinegar solution over pickles, then sealing) isnt safe. What is your technique? Do you ferment?

Thanks!

maninblack

quality posts: 3 Private Messages maninblack

$25 (plus shipping) for cucumbers and vinegar. Can't beat a deal like that.

brooklynbrine

we use the water bath canning technique. It's important to use fresh produce, keep that produce as cold as possible before placing in jars, and to watch your processing times. There's a lot of info out there about how long a jar should be processed for, but over cooking for a couple of minutes will drastically change the texture. Be sure to also store the pickles in a cool place, eat them within a year of making, and chill before eating. If you're ever in Brooklyn be sure to stop by our Brinery and get a lesson first hand. Cheers!

sprkmaker wrote:You're sounding like a donkey right now. The guy made a very decent offer and you poop on his pickles. A review is one thing, but your attitude is ridiculous...it's obviously you like more old school style pickles, why not just take the offer, pick up a jar or two of his other pickled products and let it be.

Anyway, all rants aside, i'll probably pick these up as I JUST heard about these beer pickles yesterday from a friend. I'm pretty surprised to see them on woot today. Despite that, i'm wondering if you can provide any info on home pickling. I've tried the hot bat submersion pickles and they always end up WAYYYY too soft....on the other hand, i've been told by many that just hot packing them (just pouring hot vinegar solution over pickles, then sealing) isnt safe. What is your technique? Do you ferment?

Thanks!

bhodilee

quality posts: 32 Private Messages bhodilee
Jertyrael wrote:Pickles?
Not only can I not understand why pickles are on wine.woot, but they're really expensive! You can make this stuff on your own very easily! >_>

The same can be said about the jerky. People are lazy and shop for convenience. I know I do.

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."

– George Bernard Shaw, author (1856-1950)