cheron98

quality posts: 123 Private Messages cheron98
MarkDaSpark wrote:Silvia's Mother?

Edit: And TMR might be there? Dang birthday celebration for sis and new niece!

Well, unfortunately, TMR decided he'd rather go to Brazil this weekend. So he won't be coming

Just 6 days away!!

I saw HitAnyKey42 on wine.woot! and clicked "I want one!"

bahwm

quality posts: 28 Private Messages bahwm
cheron98 wrote:Well, unfortunately, TMR decided he'd rather go to Brazil this weekend. So he won't be coming

Just 6 days away!!

Aw, geez! Here I thought we'd have a chance to see the great TMR again! It's been soooooo long!

May our love be like good wine, grow stronger as it grows older. ~ Old English Toast

cheron98

Anyone need an address? PM me.

bahwm

Three more days 'til we leave for Northville. Hope we can arrive sometime between 10 & 11 PM. The current goal is to leave by 5 PM, hopefully earlier.

May our love be like good wine, grow stronger as it grows older. ~ Old English Toast

cheron98

Lead post updated with menu and wines.

What are YOU bringing?

Tommy, got an ETA yet?

polarbear22

quality posts: 35 Private Messages polarbear22
cheron98 wrote:Well, unfortunately, TMR decided he'd rather go to Brazil this weekend. So he won't be coming

Just 6 days away!!

Brazil!? Rather than Detroit (suburbs)? What was that man thinking?

Polar bears are meant to be clever, very clever. They are the Einsteins of the bear community. - Anonymous
Please donate to the 2014 MS Bike Ride
Want to read what SonomaBouliste has to say about wine?
Ddeuddeg Cheesecake Cookbook
My Cellar

cheron98

bahwm wrote:Three more days 'til we leave for Northville. Hope we can arrive sometime between 10 & 11 PM. The current goal is to leave by 5 PM, hopefully earlier.

HAK arrives at the airport at 11pm. Ish.

If you get in earlier, my current plan on Friday evening is to hang out with some friends at the extremely local winery, and of course you are welcome to join us. I'll probably stay there or in the vicinity (we may go find food) right up til about 10:15.

cheron98

polarbear22 wrote:Brazil!? Rather than Detroit (suburbs)? What was that man thinking?

I know, right?

bahwm

cheron98 wrote:HAK arrives at the airport at 11pm. Ish.

If you get in earlier, my current plan on Friday evening is to hang out with some friends at the extremely local winery, and of course you are welcome to join us. I'll probably stay there or in the vicinity (we may go find food) right up til about 10:15.

How far away is the local winery? We'll probably stop for a quick bite on the way up. We saw some sort of pulled pork poutine on the way to Stratford last week that sounded absolutely yummy. . . now if only we can find the place . . .

cheron98

bahwm wrote:How far away is the local winery? We'll probably stop for a quick bite on the way up. We saw some sort of pulled pork poutine on the way to Stratford last week that sounded absolutely yummy. . . now if only we can find the place . . .

5 minutes from my house. If I was ambitious and it was sunny and warm, I could walk there. Their hard cider kicks their wines' butts, but the wine ain't half bad.

Extremely local. Northville Winery.

tommythecat78

quality posts: 18 Private Messages tommythecat78
cheron98 wrote:Lead post updated with menu and wines.

What are YOU bringing?

Tommy, got an ETA yet?

Looking like early afternoon on Friday. Will probably leave right after work or shortly after.

As far as wine goes... I will be bringing an Iron Horse BDX-3 and something else that I haven't decided on yet.

___________________________________________________________________________________________
My Cellar (has not been updated in forever)
Do the people want fire that can be applied nasally? -Golgafrinchan Marketing Consultant

cheron98

tommythecat78 wrote:Looking like early afternoon on Friday. Will probably leave right after work or shortly after.

As far as wine goes... I will be bringing an Iron Horse BDX-3 and something else that I haven't decided on yet.

Just you?

cheron98

Silent Auction items have been selected

MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 178 Private Messages MarkDaSpark
tommythecat78 wrote:Looking like early afternoon on Friday. Will probably leave right after work or shortly after.

I still have about 4 of those (and 5 or 6 of their Cab Franc T-bar-T), so if you ever get out this way again, I'll crack them open!

And fingers crossed it's not just you going to trash ... err, party at Cheron's condo.

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

bahwm

MarkDaSpark wrote:I still have about 4 of those (and 5 or 6 of their Cab Franc T-bar-T), so if you ever get out this way again, I'll crack them open!

And fingers crossed it's not just you going to trash ... err, party at Cheron's condo.

We'll be there, too!

MarkDaSpark

bahwm wrote:We'll be there, too!

Trashing the condo or out here, helping me drink my wine?

*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

klezman

quality posts: 120 Private Messages klezman
MarkDaSpark wrote:I still have about 4 of those (and 5 or 6 of their Cab Franc T-bar-T), so if you ever get out this way again, I'll crack them open!

If you ever decide you want to get rid of a T-bar-T CF, let me know...

2014: 28 bottles. Last wine.woot: Scott Harvey Red Re-Mix
2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

tommythecat78

cheron98 wrote:Just you?

As of right now just me.

___________________________________________________________________________________________
Do the people want fire that can be applied nasally? -Golgafrinchan Marketing Consultant

MarkDaSpark

klezman wrote:If you ever decide you want to get rid of a T-bar-T CF, let me know...

Pfft. As if. You're on the list. Maybe the JanKris.

ddeuddeg

quality posts: 29 Private Messages ddeuddeg
tommythecat78 wrote:As of right now just me.

Drat!

"Always keep a bottle of Champagne in the fridge for special occasions. Sometimes the special occasion is that you've got a bottle of Champagne in the fridge". - Hester Browne

Ddeuddeg's Cheesecake Cookbook

cheron98

tommythecat78 wrote:As of right now just me.

Boo

But I am opening that T-bar-T, just for you

Well, and anyone else who happens to be here when it's opened.

It occurs to me we have a lot of sparkly coming. We need something sparkly friendly.

... I need some sparkly friendly glasses ... would you all be horrified if I got those cheapy little party flutes, or are the glasses I have here sufficient?

ddeuddeg

cheron98 wrote:Boo

But I am opening that T-bar-T, just for you

Well, and anyone else who happens to be here when it's opened.

It occurs to me we have a lot of sparkly coming. We need something sparkly friendly.

... I need some sparkly friendly glasses ... would you all be horrified if I got those cheapy little party flutes (eek!), or are the glasses I have here sufficient?

We could bring sparkly glasses, if you want. We have enough.

"Always keep a bottle of Champagne in the fridge for special occasions. Sometimes the special occasion is that you've got a bottle of Champagne in the fridge". - Hester Browne

cheron98

ddeuddeg wrote:We could bring sparkly glasses, if you want. We have enough.

That would be awesome, thank you

bahwm

cheron98 wrote:That would be awesome, thank you

Happy to help! I'll text or call you when we get in Fri night. We're staying at the usual place on points and a comped night! My guess is that we probably won't get on the road until around 5 PM--don't know if we'll need to catch a 20 minute nap or not. One of us needs to be able to drive for a while! I'm stuck with a boring half day conference day that is to help us figure out what kind of new hoops we have to jump through in order to be in compliance. Grrrrr. Looking forward to the weekend and to seeing you, cheron & HAK.

ddeuddeg

cheron98 wrote:That would be awesome, thank you

Glasses washed, back in the boxes, and ready to go. I figured 18 will probably be enough.

ddeuddeg

bahwm wrote:Looking forward to the weekend and to seeing you, cheron & HAK.

+1

bahwm

5:20 & finally on the road--mob scene at the gas station! What a gorgeous day in WNY! We had a high of a balmy 66 degrees! Ah

Will have phone turned off in Canada.

bahwm

We got to the hotel about a half hour ago.

cheron98

Tommy arrived around 8 and we went to the Northville Winery, where he was unprepared for the awesomeness that is their hard ciders. We then wandered over to Brann's for wings, where a friend of mine is a line cook (didn't make our wings though) and he popped out to say hi. After several delays, HAK finally arrived at the airport around 11:30, and we got home about midnight - just in time for bahwm to text us to let us know they arrived safe and sound.

I have prepared (and consumed) pancake breakfast for us. Tommy is seeing a man about some poker chips up in Milford... will be making a Costco run shortly, and then feel free to come over

ddeuddeg

Fridge in room, so the bubbly is nicely chilled. It's now resting in the cooler, with plenty of ice to keep it company. Looking forward to that.

ddeuddeg

OK, apparently we aren't going to get there by 1 PM. At this point, 2 is still possible, but not definite. Bahwm made me go to the fitness center for a workout. We're finally headed in the right direction.

polarbear22

So who are things going?

Too windy for a patio fire, so looking to you for entertainment.

Polar bears are meant to be clever, very clever. They are the Einsteins of the bear community. - Anonymous
My Cellar

cheron98

polarbear22 wrote:So who are things going?

Too windy for a patio fire, so looking to you for entertainment.

Oh My Gookie!, dude, they're all trashed.

tiger7610

quality posts: 17 Private Messages tiger7610

So it should be fun and entertaining. Bring on the posts.

karenhynes

quality posts: 10 Private Messages karenhynes
cheron98 wrote:Oh My Gookie!, dude, they're all trashed.

Sounds like fun!!

Wine is bottled poetry - Robert Louis Stevenson

polarbear22

cheron98 wrote:Oh My Gookie!, dude, they're all trashed.

Must be when they decided to call. First call on the home phone woke my wife, but didn't recognize the area code. Second call, I did not make it to the phone in time. Got the messages when I woke up this morning, about an hour ago. Just heading out to meet my friend for a bike ride.

I decided that a return phone call that early was unnecessary.

My Cellar

ddeuddeg

polarbear22 wrote:Must be when they decided to call. First call on the home phone woke my wife, but didn't recognize the area code. Second call, I did not make it to the phone in time. Got the messages when I woke up this morning, about an hour ago. Just heading out to meet my friend for a bike ride.

I decided that a return phone call that early was unnecessary.

We were not all trashed! We were merely attempting to comply with your request for entertainment.
EDIT: OTOH, I suspect none of us is up for a bike ride just yet.

bahwm

FINALLY got home after a 40 minute delay at the Blue Water Bridge into Canada! Ugh! Stopped for a quick bite at a Tim Hortons. Clear sailing through the Peace Bridge.

Special thanks to cheron98 for hosting another wonderfully successful wine.woot event. It was so good to see HAK and tommythecat again. It has been waaaaaaay too long since we've seen tommythe!

I think my favorite wine of the night was the '07 Taittinger. It was the most yeasty one of the bunch but still had a lot of nice fruit flavors. The '05 was sooooo decidedly different from the '04 and '06 that it was amazing! It was a whole lot lighter in color and flavors and less full bodied than the others. Not very yeasty at all. Hmmmm, maybe I should re-think that first statement and change it to my favorite bubbly of the night. My all time favorite wine of the night was the '05 Iron Horse T Bar T Cabernet Franc. It was just amazing! Lush, full-bodied with a wonderful nose that lasted, well, forever. tommy wanted to find a way to strap his glass onto his face so that he could enjoy the wonderful aromas all through the night!

cheron98

bahwm wrote:tommy wanted to find a way to strap his glass onto his face so that he could enjoy the wonderful aromas all through the night!

I think we're lucky he didn't end up just absconding with the bottle

tommythecat78

cheron98 wrote:I think we're lucky he didn't end up just absconding with the bottle

I know not what you speak of...I would never!!!

Thank you Cat for another excellent weekend. It was really awesome seeing everyone again, especially you, HAK, DDog, and Bam. And of course, all the locals.

Even though the weekend got off to a rocky start (credit card # stolen, parked on the highway for an hour during accident clean up), it ended quite well with a more than excellent brunch.

Now, about the wine... There may have been a few *ahem* lackluster showings but there were many that made it easy to forget them. The Taittinger vertical was out of this world. It was a lot of fun comparing the four bottles. It was crazy just how different each of them were. Thank you thank you thank you for bringing those DDog and Bam.

The BDX-3 was excellent and the Brut Rosé was literally explosive and amazing, but holy crap was the Cab Franc ridiculously delicious. Many many many thanks to you Cat for opening that one.

Though it may have been the last gathering at chez cheron, there are a lifetime of happy memories.