noslensj

quality posts: 41 Private Messages noslensj
moondigger wrote:

But if you want a tip, the current WTSO offer is pretty good -- assuming you like Tempranillos with some bottle age.

Yeah - I couldn't resist that one. I'm a sucker for a quality Ribera Riserva with that much time in the bottle. Went in for four.

Dkush87

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Dkush87

Anyone have info on the wtso deal now? Couldn't find much info on Secoya Cellars other than Sequoia Grove owns the name.

ddeuddeg

quality posts: 26 Private Messages ddeuddeg
Dkush87 wrote:Anyone have info on the wtso deal now? Couldn't find much info on Secoya Cellars other than Sequoia Grove owns the name.

rpm would avoid Napa Cabs from that vintage, that's all I know.

"Always keep a bottle of Champagne in the fridge for special occasions. Sometimes the special occasion is that you've got a bottle of Champagne in the fridge". - Hester Browne

Ddeuddeg's Cheesecake Cookbook

Dkush87

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Dkush87
ddeuddeg wrote:rpm would avoid Napa Cabs from that vintage, that's all I know.

I took the gamble with 3 bottles,hopefully those Rutherford grapes stayed warm on the valley floor.

jrdnmiller

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jrdnmiller

Cindy has 2010 Leviathan for $29.99 and free shipping on 3.

kylemittskus

quality posts: 229 Private Messages kylemittskus
jrdnmiller wrote:Cindy has 2010 Leviathan for $29.99 and free shipping on 3.

Gone.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

rjquillin

quality posts: 168 Private Messages rjquillin
kylemittskus wrote:Gone.

Chance arrived. I'll bring it tomorrow as well.

CT

kylemittskus

rjquillin wrote:Chance arrived. I'll bring it tomorrow as well.

Totally forgot about that one! You owe me $140, not $180, unless you want Halćon (check email).

losthighwayz

quality posts: 58 Private Messages losthighwayz
rjquillin wrote:Chance arrived. I'll bring it tomorrow as well.

What's tomorrow?

"The older I get the better I was"

rjquillin

losthighwayz wrote:What's tomorrow?

square up day with a trading of goods

CT

losthighwayz

rjquillin wrote:square up day with a trading of goods

Which reminds me that I owe you for 3 Wellington Zins and a pair of some Italian varietal off Cindy, I think. PM me the damage, please.

rjquillin

losthighwayz wrote:Which reminds me that I owe you for 3 Wellington Zins and a pair of some Italian varietal off Cindy, I think. PM me the damage, please.

email sent

CT

rjquillin

tso has the Eagles Trace 38 up again, this time a '09. Not had any of the earlier yet. Thoughts on this $37 ea FS/2?

CT

klezman

quality posts: 119 Private Messages klezman
losthighwayz wrote:Which reminds me that I owe you for 3 Wellington Zins and a pair of some Italian varietal off Cindy, I think. PM me the damage, please.

And I have the Zins, sadly forgot to hand them off when you were here a couple weeks ago.

2014: 28 bottles. Last wine.woot: Scott Harvey Red Re-Mix
2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

cmaldoon

quality posts: 62 Private Messages cmaldoon

Last Bottle has 2008 Vall Llach "Idus" Priorat at an insanely low $26/bottle.

A different vintage (2006) of this wine was up on woot for $35/ bottle 2 years ago.

The CT for this vintage is not great but on only 2 grades. Generally this wine is very good and consistent vintage to vintage.

I have had Vall Llach's 3rd wine (Embruix)for the 2008 vintage and it was very good. I expect the Idus (Their 2nd tier wine) to be even better.

I'm in for 13 bottles - 1 to taste now to make sure they're good, and then 2 6pack wooden cases to open for my tapas themed wedding reception.

2014 - 20 Btl. Fjellene (10 bot), Urraca Chard (10 bot)
Last purchase: 5/3/14

2013 - 75 btl. 2012 - 98 btl. 2011 - 112 btl. 2010 - 30 btl.
My Cellar

kylemittskus

cmaldoon wrote:I'm in for 13 bottles - 1 to taste now to make sure they're good, and then 2 6pack wooden cases to oen for my tapas themed wedding reception.

Baller.

I have two of a previous vintage sleeping. I paid $40/btl, I think.

cmaldoon

quality posts: 62 Private Messages cmaldoon
kylemittskus wrote:Baller.

I have two of a previous vintage sleeping. I paid $40/btl, I think.

I was looking for the Embruix at $20-25 to be one of the wines at the reception... then this came up. The reviews gave me pause, then I remembered that I had had this vintage of Embruix and enjoyed it. So what the heck. They come with the boxes too!

The sad thing is that I am coming to realize how few people know and enjoy good wine. It'll be a bit of a waste, but at least she and I will enjoy our wedding wines!

2014 - 20 Btl. Fjellene (10 bot), Urraca Chard (10 bot)
Last purchase: 5/3/14

2013 - 75 btl. 2012 - 98 btl. 2011 - 112 btl. 2010 - 30 btl.
My Cellar

slm9951

quality posts: 14 Private Messages slm9951
cmaldoon wrote:I was looking for the Embruix at $20-25 to be one of the wines at the reception... then this came up. The reviews gave me pause, then I remembered that I had had this vintage of Embruix and enjoyed it. So what the heck. They come with the boxes too!

The sad thing is that I am coming to realize how few people know and enjoy good wine. It'll be a bit of a waste, but at least she and I will enjoy our wedding wines!

That is really all that counts! Best wishes! At least you will know all the careful planning and consideration given the wine selection. C'est magnifique!!

losthighwayz

cmaldoon wrote:I was looking for the Embruix at $20-25 to be one of the wines at the reception... then this came up. The reviews gave me pause, then I remembered that I had had this vintage of Embruix and enjoyed it. So what the heck. They come with the boxes too!

Regarding the last paragraph, our reception was at Lincourt Vineyards in Santa Ynez. While perusing the wedding guest list we realized at least half would not appreciate a good bottle of wine. So we provided decent red table wine and purchased six bottles (we had 85 guests-destination weddings are a great way to cut off certain family members) of high end bottles for the bar tender to keep hidden away and gave a handful of guests a secret password to access it. Man, that was a fun night!

losthighwayz

cmaldoon wrote:Last Bottle has 2008 Vall Llach "Idus" Priorat at an insanely low $26/bottle.

A different vintage (2006) of this wine was up on woot for $35/ bottle 2 years ago.

The CT for this vintage is not great but on only 2 grades. Generally this wine is very good and consistent vintage to vintage.

I have had Vall Llach's 3rd wine (Embruix)for the 2008 vintage and it was very good. I expect the Idus (Their 2nd tier wine) to be even better.

I'm in for 13 bottles - 1 to taste now to make sure they're good, and then 2 6pack wooden cases to open for my tapas themed wedding reception.

Anyone in So Cal want to split? Maybe three ways?

rjquillin

losthighwayz wrote:Anyone in So Cal want to split? Maybe three ways?

I can cut out a couple for you.

CT

tytiger58

quality posts: 74 Private Messages tytiger58
losthighwayz wrote:Anyone in So Cal want to split? Maybe three ways?

Normally I would, this is a smoking deal and I really liked a previous vintage (I think I split with Kyle) but I have way too many buys coming up shortly. It's a pretty nice deal if you can afford it.

What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch? ~ W. C. Fields

“Freedom is something that dies unless it's used” Hunter S Thompson

losthighwayz

rjquillin wrote:I can cut out a couple for you.

Sounds good. Let me know.

coolac5

quality posts: 0 Private Messages coolac5

Intriguing deal on 'TSO:

Sonoma Valley Red Blend 2-Pack: (1) Korbin Kameron Cuvee 'Kristin' 2006/ (1) Ty Caton Tytanium 2010 $62.99 FS

Picked up 1 just to get the 2010 Tytanium - The 06 Kristin Cuvee has a CT of 89.7 but only 3 reviews. Should be ready to drink.

Tytanium 91 CT -- also 3 reviews. I will lay down for a bit.

EDIT: to reflect that the deal is no longer up.

cortot20

quality posts: 130 Private Messages cortot20

At SoCal trader joes, trader joes reserve sparkling wine produced and bottled by rack and riddle $10 a bottle. I grabbed one to try.

CT

jmdavidson

quality posts: 54 Private Messages jmdavidson

Just posted on Invino: 2007 Ardente Estate Reserve Cab Sauv at @30 a bottle (FS on 3) compared to WW of $58 for three bottles +$5.

rlmanzo

quality posts: 23 Private Messages rlmanzo

Anyone interested in a Berserkerday Discussion Thread?

I would love to have an active discussion on what can be a great but often extremely expensive day!

Thanks,
Rich

Is it broke or just fractured?

jmdavidson

quality posts: 54 Private Messages jmdavidson
rlmanzo wrote:Anyone interested in a Berserkerday Discussion Thread?

I would love to have an active discussion on what can be a great but often extremely expensive day!

Thanks,
Rich

Why don't you start one, i.e. a new thread?

kylemittskus

jmdavidson wrote:Why don't you start one, i.e. a new thread?

Done.

random122

quality posts: 6 Private Messages random122

Tallulah Lifeboat Red Napa 2009 for $19 with FS on 4. Per their website:

"Sourced from Multiple vineyards in the Napa Valley; hand harvested and sorted; 30% whole cluster fermentation; natural yeasts; 70% Syrah, 30% Cabernet Sauvignon; aged in 50% new French Oak barrels for 24 months"

mommadeb1

quality posts: 17 Private Messages mommadeb1
random122 wrote:Tallulah Lifeboat Red Napa 2009 for $19 with FS on 4. Per their website:

"Sourced from Multiple vineyards in the Napa Valley; hand harvested and sorted; 30% whole cluster fermentation; natural yeasts; 70% Syrah, 30% Cabernet Sauvignon; aged in 50% new French Oak barrels for 24 months"

I wonder how it compares to their Syrah....I LOVE that....

slm9951

quality posts: 14 Private Messages slm9951

Scott Harvey- $5.00 shipping on 5 bottles.

chipgreen

quality posts: 176 Private Messages chipgreen

WTSO Cheapskate Tuesday, January 28th.

redwinefan

quality posts: 74 Private Messages redwinefan
random122 wrote:Tallulah Lifeboat Red Napa 2009 for $19 with FS on 4. Per their website:

Darn, I'm sad I missed this one. Was it on TSO? I've been trying to be good about not buying a ton of wine this year, but I would've given in to try this.

"You need to invest in a corkscrew. Wine is for drinking." -- Peter Wellington

fredrinaldi

quality posts: 33 Private Messages fredrinaldi

anyone heard of Underground Cellar?

trifecta

quality posts: 69 Private Messages trifecta

LB has a 2006 JC Cellars Late Harvest Viognier half bottle up for $16 and FS on 4. CT reviews are good, and a WS score of 92 if that matters....

I would take a couple bottles on a bay area split, or someone coming to the bay area soon....

losthighwayz

redwinefan wrote:Darn, I'm sad I missed this one. Was it on TSO? I've been trying to be good about not buying a ton of wine this year, but I would've given in to try this.

Last Bottle. I was tempted but resisted due to Wine Berserker

klezman

quality posts: 119 Private Messages klezman
trifecta wrote:LB has a 2006 JC Cellars Late Harvest Viognier half bottle up for $16 and FS on 4. CT reviews are good, and a WS score of 92 if that matters....

I would take a couple bottles on a bay area split, or someone coming to the bay area soon....

Interested, but BD and barrel tasting are going to be expensive so I need to hold off.

2014: 28 bottles. Last wine.woot: Scott Harvey Red Re-Mix
2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

random122

quality posts: 6 Private Messages random122
trifecta wrote:LB has a 2006 JC Cellars Late Harvest Viognier half bottle up for $16 and FS on 4. CT reviews are good, and a WS score of 92 if that matters....

Holding out for BD as well but you can probably try a few bottles of the '07 (on sale for $10/btl) for a similar price shipped: JC Cellars

rjquillin

klezman wrote:Interested, but BD and barrel tasting are going to be expensive so I need to hold off.

... and you're not even going to D&D!

CT