joed10303

quality posts: 0 Private Messages joed10303

2010 ty cab cuvee on WTSOP, $18 and free ship on 3, last time it was $20. I felt it was a bit lighter than his reg cab, but its a good deal for anyone who wants to try his juice.

Deezy2

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Deezy2

4 Pack of Pedroncelli on Groupon goods for 49.99 shipped. One each of..
2011 Bench Vineyards merlot
2011 Mother Clone zinfandel
2012 Signature Selection pinot noir and 2011 Three Vineyards cabernet sauvignon

chipgreen

quality posts: 178 Private Messages chipgreen

Six year vertical ('02-'07) of Romeo Vineyards' Sempre Vive "Eugenia" Cab Sauv on WTSO for $150.

jmdavidson

quality posts: 54 Private Messages jmdavidson

Invino has a cellar offering today with many old and expensive bottles.

jmdavidson

chipgreen wrote:Six year vertical ('02-'07) of Romeo Vineyards' Sempre Vive "Eugenia" Cab Sauv on WTSO for $150.

They offered up a vertical of their CS Old Vine (02-06) a while back, which I bought. They were really tasty and well made wines. So much so that when they offered a 4 bottle pack of the 03 and 04 I jumped on it. I also had a 375 bottle of the 03 CS Eugenia, that was excellent. For $25 a bottle, I wouldn't think this would be a bad gamble.

bdlsmoran

quality posts: 2 Private Messages bdlsmoran

Any insight on the Oakville Terraces Cabernet Sauvignon 2010 offered on lastbottle for $35.00?

Stated retail is $110.00

capitalsfn

quality posts: 2 Private Messages capitalsfn
bdlsmoran wrote:Any insight on the Oakville Terraces Cabernet Sauvignon 2010 offered on lastbottle for $35.00?

Stated retail is $110.00

Only thing I could find on the intertubes:

2010 Oakville Terraces Cabernet Sauvignon – **** Perhaps the most exotic wine of the day. They’re cheating a bit showing something fromt the awesome 2010 vintage. Fresh and young as expected but has alluring undertones of licorice, eucalyptus, and road tar. My surprise discovery.

from http://www.matchvineyards.com/tasting-at-auction-napa-valley-barrel-auction#.Uo0CAMTktlw

bdlsmoran

quality posts: 2 Private Messages bdlsmoran
capitalsfn wrote:from http://www.matchvineyards.com/tasting-at-auction-napa-valley-barrel-auction#.Uo0CAMTktlw

Found some additional info
http://www.gq.com/blogs/the-q/2010/06/the-upstart-cabernet.html

jmdavidson

bdlsmoran wrote:Any insight on the Oakville Terraces Cabernet Sauvignon 2010 offered on lastbottle for $35.00?

Stated retail is $110.00

This estate was owned by a real estate mogul who wanted to try his hand in wine making. His wine maker is the same one used by DeSante and DeSante also has an Oakville Terraces Cabernet, which is not a cheap wine. This is also a well regarded AVA. Seems that he wanted out and sold the whole estate. Could be this is left over inventory. I jumped on 3 bottles.

kylemittskus

quality posts: 229 Private Messages kylemittskus
jmdavidson wrote:This estate was owned by a real estate mogul who wanted to try his hand in wine making. His wine maker is the same one used by DeSante and DeSante also has an Oakville Terraces Cabernet, which is not a cheap wine. This is also a well regarded AVA. Seems that he wanted out and sold the whole estate. Could be this is left over inventory. I jumped on 3 bottles.

Sounds like a good move.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

fifisoda

quality posts: 0 Private Messages fifisoda

i took a chance and nabbed 3 myself!

tytiger58

quality posts: 74 Private Messages tytiger58

Got 3 also..must stop looking at these sites.

What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch? ~ W. C. Fields

“Freedom is something that dies unless it's used” Hunter S Thompson

redwinefan

quality posts: 74 Private Messages redwinefan

Last thing I need is more wine, but I went in on 3 based on the fact that it is close to the Phelps Backus Vineyard which is one of my all time favorite wines but way out of my price league ($200+).

"You need to invest in a corkscrew. Wine is for drinking." -- Peter Wellington

jmdavidson

redwinefan wrote:Last thing I need is more wine, but I went in on 3 based on the fact that it is close to the Phelps Backus Vineyard which is one of my all time favorite wines but way out of my price league ($200+).

It's not the first time any of us took a chance on a wine at $35 a bottle. Probably not the last either. Looking forward to finding out though. Gotta think that based on the AVA and the wine maker, this should be good.

capitalsfn

quality posts: 2 Private Messages capitalsfn
jmdavidson wrote:It's not the first time any of us took a chance on a wine at $35 a bottle. Probably not the last either. Looking forward to finding out though. Gotta think that based on the AVA and the wine maker, this should be good.

I'm really happy this sold out. I was sitting on the fence knowing that I really shouldn't...

klezman

quality posts: 119 Private Messages klezman
capitalsfn wrote:I'm really happy this sold out. I was sitting on the fence knowing that I really shouldn't...

Likewise I'm glad I didn't see this talk until now. Although having received 2 cases from FedEx today and more on the way this week and next have a way of helping me slow down.

2014: 28 bottles. Last wine.woot: Scott Harvey Red Re-Mix
2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

cmaldoon

quality posts: 62 Private Messages cmaldoon
klezman wrote:Likewise I'm glad I didn't see this talk until now. Although having received 2 cases from FedEx today and more on the way this week and next have a way of helping me slow down.

I just picked up 46 bottles today... Managed to find 19 spaces in my locker, 7 spaces at home, and opened one bottle but that still leaves me with 19 bottles in boxes around my place. I looked at that offer and firmly knew I couldn't.

Thanksgiving week will be a good one for drinking down the stash. Fiancé will be working from home for a few days and then there are 2 or 3 thanksgivings to be had and time with my folks... Perhaps a case will be used up in the next 12 days

2014 - 20 Btl. Fjellene (10 bot), Urraca Chard (10 bot)
Last purchase: 5/3/14

2013 - 75 btl. 2012 - 98 btl. 2011 - 112 btl. 2010 - 30 btl.
My Cellar

rjquillin

quality posts: 168 Private Messages rjquillin
klezman wrote:Likewise I'm glad I didn't see this talk until now. Although having received 2 cases from FedEx today and more on the way this week and next have a way of helping me slow down.

Not counting the case+ or so you are accumulating down here.

CT

klezman

rjquillin wrote:Not counting the case+ or so you are accumulating down here.

It's accounted for in CT. And I've got half a case waiting for you up here.

2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

kylemittskus

klezman wrote:It's accounted for in CT. And I've got half a case waiting for you up here.

And I have Turley for both of you.

rjquillin

kylemittskus wrote:And I have Turley for both of you.

Which means I need to set aside $$$ for you. Email me the damages?

CT

klezman

Anybody have any clue on today's Garagiste Mystery Wine?

kylemittskus

rjquillin wrote:Which means I need to set aside $$$ for you. Email me the damages?

Sent.

rjquillin

klezman wrote:Anybody have any clue on today's Garagiste Mystery Wine?

Guess this answers the email question I sent you.

CT

rjquillin

kylemittskus wrote:Sent.

Could have been worse.
Thanks.

CT

fifisoda

quality posts: 0 Private Messages fifisoda
rjquillin wrote:Guess this answers the email question I sent you.

So what is it? I have only been signed up with them for a week now.

randysanders

quality posts: 4 Private Messages randysanders

I usually just lurk here, but...
I'm gonna "hook the brotha up!"
Anything Chappellet is awesome, IMHO,
well, cabs.
Empire wine has their Cervantes Mountain Cuvee for $22.95 with their 4 ships free deal.
I won't buy because I'll be in Albany in a week or so, and plan to buy 2 or 3 Turnbull cabs, and a couple of Chappellets...maybe Signature, maybe Cervantes. Back when it was just called Mountain Cuvee, I got a case for $20/bottle, and was certain I got the deal of the century.

jmdavidson

randysanders wrote:I usually just lurk here, but...
I'm gonna "hook the brotha up!"
Anything Chappellet is awesome, IMHO,
well, cabs.
Empire wine has their 2011 Cervantes Mountain Cuvee for $22.95 with their 4 ships free deal.
I won't buy because I'll be in Albany in a week or so, and plan to buy 2 or 3 Turnbull cabs, and a couple of Chappellets...maybe Signature, maybe Cervantes. Back when it was just called Mountain Cuvee, I got a case for $20/bottle, and was certain I got the deal of the century.

Thanks for posting. I took the 4 gets free shipping deal.

tytiger58

jmdavidson wrote:Thanks for posting. I took the 4 gets free shipping deal.

I fought it for the better part of two days but I caved....

rjquillin

fifisoda wrote:So what is it? I have only been signed up with them for a week now.

Clues? Yes. But I have absolutely no idea, nor do others I've asked. A total flyer.

CT

klezman

rjquillin wrote:Clues? Yes. But I have absolutely no idea, nor do others I've asked. A total flyer.

Well, I've got 3 on the way. I'll let you know when they show up. Might be in a month, might be in a year or more knowing Garagiste.

rjquillin

klezman wrote:Well, I've got 3 on the way. I'll let you know when they show up. Might be in a month, might be in a year or more knowing Garagiste.

Or we could pull corks in tandem. Wonder if tytiger grabbed some as well.

CT

rjquillin

For those that may not follow old plus threads, Hunt Country offer discussion starts HERE

CT

tytiger58

rjquillin wrote:Or we could pull corks in tandem. Wonder if tytiger grabbed some as well.

Yea you bastids got me to try my first and last (unless it's mind blowingly good) mystery wine

rjquillin

Oh my!
Any of the NorCal folks gonna visit Noceto on BF?

Extended Hours: 8am - 6pm
8am - 10am: Save 50%*
10am - 12noon: Save 30%*
Industry Members: Save 50%*
Amador County Residents: Save 30%*
Bottle, case & wine club deals all day long

CT

chipgreen

quality posts: 178 Private Messages chipgreen

As mentioned in the main thread, Mission Liquors has the '05 and '06 vintages of the Madrigal PS being offered today for only $20/bottle. They don't have the '07 vintage (nobody does according to wine-searcher, a woot exclusive?) but they *do* have a 2007 Madrigal Cab Sauv for $25. Even at $4.25/bottle shipping to OH I was able to put together a 2 PS and 1 CS Madrigal vertical for $78 delivered, compared to the woot price of $90 plus tax and shipping.

trifecta

quality posts: 69 Private Messages trifecta
chipgreen wrote:As mentioned in the main thread, Mission Liquors has the '05 and '06 vintages of the Madrigal PS being offered today for only $20/bottle. They don't have the '07 vintage (nobody does according to wine-searcher, a woot exclusive?) but they *do* have a 2007 Madrigal Cab Sauv for $25. Even at $4.25/bottle shipping to OH I was able to put together a 2 PS and 1 CS Madrigal vertical for $78 delivered, compared to the woot price of $90 plus tax and shipping.

To be fair, one of the great things about buying from woot is the provenance. Buying from said store may be bottles that have been bouncing around distribution channels for years.

rjquillin

trifecta wrote:To be fair, one of the great things about buying from woot is the provenance. Buying from said store may be bottles that have been bouncing around distribution channels for years.

.. and not everybody has a Mission next door. I can appreciate both sides, but lassow makes a point as well, QPR seems pretty questionable on this one.

You going by Noceto friday?

CT

rjquillin

This looks to be their 2011.

Six bottles Mother Clone Zinfandel, $74.99 with $1/bottle shipping*. Click
or call 800-836-3894

CT

trifecta

quality posts: 69 Private Messages trifecta
rjquillin wrote:.. and not everybody has a Mission next door. I can appreciate both sides, but lassow makes a point as well, QPR seems pretty questionable on this one.

You going by Noceto friday?

Nope. Frankly I wasn't really a fan of anything at our last stop. Bought a zin or two because they were sub 20 and ok, but I wasn't very impressed.