funbunny

quality posts: 26 Private Messages funbunny

For those in Chicago suffering from lack of wine space, The Got Spot has a deal at Chicago Wine Storage - $199 a year for up to 24 cases.

"Wine is sunshine held together by water" - Galileo Galilei

bhodilee

quality posts: 32 Private Messages bhodilee

Starting at 6PM PST,7 MST, 8 CST and 9 "Real Time" Newegg Shellshocker will be a Tuscani Phantom Tri-Vent Wine Aerator with Stand, Filter Screen, Storage Bag, 2 Drop Stops.

No clue what the price will be or if it is worth a crap.

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."

– George Bernard Shaw, author (1856-1950)

rjquillin

quality posts: 189 Private Messages rjquillin
bhodilee wrote:Starting at 6PM PST,7 MST, 8 CST and 9 "Real Time" Newegg Shellshocker will be a Tuscani Phantom Tri-Vent Wine Aerator with Stand, Filter Screen, Storage Bag, 2 Drop Stops.

No clue what the price will be or if it is worth a crap.

Got a two banger now, may have to wait till a Quad is available, or a V-8 electric.

CT

MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 188 Private Messages MarkDaSpark

Wine Woot favorite winery has a special.

Click Like if you're for the Red Team!
We're honoring an all - Red World Series
(Boston Red Sox vs. St. Louis Cardinals)
with a Red Wine Special!
Choose any 4 and get $5.00 shipping!
http://winestore.scottharveywines.com/all-wines-c6.aspx

$5 shipping? It's the good old Woot days!

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

chipgreen

quality posts: 207 Private Messages chipgreen
MarkDaSpark wrote:Wine Woot favorite winery has a special.

$5 shipping? It's the good old Woot days!

Scott Harvey was offering free shipping with a 6-bottle purchase earlier in the week for club members but looks like this offer is for everyone.

They are also giving away free candy as a Halloween "food pairing" - Reese's Peanut Butter Cups w/InZinerator, Candy Corn w/One Last Kiss White and Hershey Kisses w/One Last Kiss Red.

Direct Link for 4-bottle $5/ship offer.

Direct Link for the 6-bottle Free ship offer.

If the links don't work for you (and the second one might not for non-club members), you can try entering the offer-specific coupon codes at checkout.

"HalloweenShipping" (sans quotes) for the $5/4-bottle offer

"candy" (sans quotes) for the Free/6-bottle offer.

trifecta

quality posts: 74 Private Messages trifecta

2007 Arger Martucci Syrah on wtso for $16. FS on 4. I would take 2 if anyone in bay area wanted to split.

rjquillin

trifecta wrote:2007 Arger Martucci Syrah on wtso for $16. FS on 4. I would take 2 if anyone in bay area wanted to split.

I could try to add a bottle or two to my order for you.

CT

chipgreen

Another one for the wine century club on WTSO, a 2008 Crespiello for $27 free ship on 3.

Also, a nice deal on Platinum - 2007 Petroni Cab for $32 free ship on 1.

cmaldoon

quality posts: 62 Private Messages cmaldoon

For those of you with access, the treasury Estates family and friends sale is going on now. Make sure you check it out. There are pretty good deals on Beringer, Penfold's, stags leap, chateau st jean, ect.

2014 - 20 Btl. Fjellene (10 bot), Urraca Chard (10 bot)
Last purchase: 5/3/14

2013 - 75 btl. 2012 - 98 btl. 2011 - 112 btl. 2010 - 30 btl.
My Cellar

HitAnyKey42

quality posts: 29 Private Messages HitAnyKey42

And for those of you not on her mailing list, Joy has a 6-bottle Mystery Pack out until the end of the month for a 30+% discount and $1 shipping. Click Here!

This is one deal that should not be missed by anyone that likes Iron Horse wines....which should be all of you.

My Cellar
In a Glorious Marriage.Woot with cheron98
NYC Tastings

bsevern

quality posts: 110 Private Messages bsevern
HitAnyKey42 wrote:And for those of you not on her mailing list, Joy has a 6-bottle Mystery Pack out until the end of the month for a 30+% discount and $1 shipping. Click Here!

This is one deal that should not be missed by anyone that likes Iron Horse wines....which should be all of you.

Has anyone ordered this?

If so, what kind of bottles did you get?

hesnctrl

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hesnctrl

vitis.com is getting in on the woot-off/Cheapskate Wed action:

Vitis One Day Marathon - Tuesday - October 29th
Deals Every 15 Minutes!

We were in our warehouse and realized... "Wow, we have a lot of great wine that our clients would love to get their hands on!". Looking around we found a little of this and a little of that and then it hit us... "With the NYC Marathon a week away why not hold our own Marathon Sale?". We are going to blow open the doors of our cellar and clear out the space we are going to need to bring you all the great wines you expect from Vitis this holiday season.

The Vitis Marathon will run on Tuesday (commencing at 10AM EST) but there is a kicker - each wine will only be up for a maximum of 15 minutes. We love our customers and don't want to inundate you with emails so keep your browser open and refresh every so often to see what insane deal is live. We will post each new offer on Twitter so if you don't currently follow us on Twitter sign up now and enable yout alerts so you don't miss a single offer: twitter.com/vitis

Don't walk, don't run, sprint to the Vitis Marathon Sale!

Cheers,
The Vitis Team

I recently scored on some 2010 Franz Hirtzberger Riesling Smaragd Singerriedel (94CT). Wine-searcher avg is about $80. Got it for under $25. This could get interesting...

PM me if you want a referral link.

hesnctrl

Speaking of Vitis, the current offer is for 2009 Graham Porto Vintage Quinta dos Malvedos. $35 and FS on only 2 bottles. CT91.7 with $50 avg value.

bsevern

hesnctrl wrote:vitis.com is getting in on the woot-off/Cheapskate Wed action:

I recently scored on some 2010 Franz Hirtzberger Riesling Smaragd Singerriedel (94CT). Wine-searcher avg is about $80. Got it for under $25. This could get interesting...

I picked up some 2008 Alsace Riesling from Vitis that I hope makes another appearance.

kylemittskus

quality posts: 234 Private Messages kylemittskus
hesnctrl wrote:Speaking of Vitis, the current offer is for 2009 Graham Porto Vintage Quinta dos Malvedos. $35 and FS on only 2 bottles. CT91.7 with $50 avg value.

That would be a buy for me.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

bobrush12866

quality posts: 8 Private Messages bobrush12866
hesnctrl wrote:vitis.com is getting in on the woot-off/Cheapskate Wed action:

PM sent...

hesnctrl

PM sent!

bobrush12866

quality posts: 8 Private Messages bobrush12866
hesnctrl wrote:PM sent!

Got it...Thanks

HitAnyKey42

bsevern wrote:Has anyone ordered this?

If so, what kind of bottles did you get?

We got:
2007 BRUT ROSE
2009 WEDDING CUVEE
2011 UNOAKED CHARDONNAY
2011 ESTATE PINOT NOIR
2010 PINOT NOIR THOMAS RD
2011 RUED CHARDONNAY

Definitely a good selection. We would have preferred not having the Estate PN, since that's not one Cat cares for, but I'm sure I'll find a good enough occasion to open it with other people.

My Cellar
NYC Tastings

rjquillin

HitAnyKey42 wrote:We got:
2007 BRUT ROSE
2009 WEDDING CUVEE
2011 UNOAKED CHARDONNAY
2011 ESTATE PINOT NOIR
2010 PINOT NOIR THOMAS RD
2011 RUED CHARDONNAY

Definitely a good selection. We would have preferred not having the Estate PN, since that's not one Cat cares for, but I'm sure I'll find a good enough occasion to open it with other people.

but you did get a Thomas Road.

CT

redwinefan

quality posts: 74 Private Messages redwinefan
rjquillin wrote:but you did get a Thomas Road.

Yes, I'd love to have one of those. I wonder if everyone gets this same selection.

"You need to invest in a corkscrew. Wine is for drinking." -- Peter Wellington

bud8jr

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bud8jr

Sonoma Reserve Cabernet 2011 Robert Storey 'Kristen's Vineyard' By Ty Caton on wtso for $20 fs on 4.

mbuffy

quality posts: 3 Private Messages mbuffy
bud8jr wrote:Sonoma Reserve Cabernet 2011 Robert Storey 'Kristen's Vineyard' By Ty Caton on wtso for $20 fs on 4.

Serious question for anyone who knows -- why do Ty Caton wines and Scott Harvey wines seem to show up with such frequency on deal sites?

I know that "marketing" is one obvious answer, but as often as they appear, it seems they must be selling a LOT of their juice at a "discount" (which makes me less likely to buy full-price juice from them because I know I just have to wait a few days and something else from them will pop up on a deal site).

klezman

quality posts: 131 Private Messages klezman
HitAnyKey42 wrote:And for those of you not on her mailing list, Joy has a 6-bottle Mystery Pack out until the end of the month for a 30+% discount and $1 shipping. Click Here!

Yeah, anybody have more info on the contents of the mystery pack? That Thomas Road PN sounds delicious...but so pricey.

2014: 57 bottles. Last wine.woot: 2011 Wellington Cab & Merlot, Roessler 2009 Bluejay, 2010 Bell Cabernet
2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

HitAnyKey42

rjquillin wrote:but you did get a Thomas Road.

klezman wrote:Yeah, anybody have more info on the contents of the mystery pack? That Thomas Road PN sounds delicious...but so pricey.

Yes, getting the Thomas Road PN is something we were very happy about. It was the one PN she liked while we were there on the rpm tour, but we couldn't justify the price at the time. But now we have one.

My Cellar
NYC Tastings

bsevern

HitAnyKey42 wrote:Yes, getting the Thomas Road PN is something we were very happy about. It was the one PN she liked while we were there on the rpm tour, but we couldn't justify the price at the time. But now we have one.

I'd pull the trigger on that if it definitely came with the Thomas Road PN, that was good juice, but at $85/bottle with zero discount, it was an easy pass.

cortot20

quality posts: 163 Private Messages cortot20
mbuffy wrote:Serious question for anyone who knows -- why do Ty Caton wines and Scott Harvey wines seem to show up with such frequency on deal sites?

I know that "marketing" is one obvious answer, but as often as they appear, it seems they must be selling a LOT of their juice at a "discount" (which makes me less likely to buy full-price juice from them because I know I just have to wait a few days and something else from them will pop up on a deal site).

They are both good winemakers who seem to have trouble moving the wine they make. It's a benefit to us. Although in Ty's case his price creep has made for what looks like steep discounts and savvy consumers are starting to see right through that and only buy at a major discount. Both also seem to make wine for other wineries and when that wine doesn't move they have no problem getting it discounted and sold off. They are not household names in California winemaking.

Scott's general discount is still in my price range but Ty has priced himself out of my cellar.

CT

rjquillin

Anyone planning to follow Cindy this week for their 4-year B-day celebrations?
Guess Sparky doesn't have them on FB.

CT

kylemittskus

rjquillin wrote:Anyone planning to follow Cindy this week for their 4-year B-day celebrations?
Guess Sparky doesn't have them on FB.

I'd grab 2 of the BdM up right now but I'm not buying for the rest of the year.

tytiger58

quality posts: 74 Private Messages tytiger58
kylemittskus wrote:I'd grab 2 of the BdM up right now but I'm not buying for the rest of the year.

You sure about that?!? I will have an extra bottle for you if you want one :enabler:

What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch? ~ W. C. Fields

“Freedom is something that dies unless it's used” Hunter S Thompson

mbuffy

quality posts: 3 Private Messages mbuffy

Any thoughts on the 2010/2011 Magie up on WTSO right now?

I went in on the 2007/2008/2009 Magie WTSO had a while ago, but there's a heat hold on my shipment so I haven't tried any of them yet.

kylemittskus

tytiger58 wrote:You sure about that?!? I will have an extra bottle for you if you want one :enabler:

I have to hold strong. At $20 , though, excellent deal.

tytiger58

quality posts: 74 Private Messages tytiger58
kylemittskus wrote:I have to hold strong. At $20 , though, excellent deal.

Kyle HAS changed

What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch? ~ W. C. Fields

“Freedom is something that dies unless it's used” Hunter S Thompson

trifecta

quality posts: 74 Private Messages trifecta

2008 Basel Cellars Merriment Pheasant Run Vineyard for $16 and FS on 6. Marked down from SRP of $48.

Steven Tanzer writeup:
Bright, dark red. Aromas of raspberry and spicy oak. Sweet raspberry, smoke, spice and earth flavors offer good sweetness and a smooth texture. Shows good body but not quite the definition for outstanding. Finishes with plenty of broad, dusty tannins and good length. (89)

There is a lot of value in Walla Walla bordeaux blends (this one in cab, merlot, cab franc) I am probably in for 3 bottles, let me know if there are bay area takers and we could split shipping.

chipgreen

2009 Eagle's Trace Latitude 38 on WTSO, $36.99 free ship on 2

rjquillin

trifecta wrote:2008 Basel Cellars Merriment Pheasant Run Vineyard for $16 and FS on 6. Marked down from SRP of $48.

Steven Tanzer writeup:
Bright, dark red. Aromas of raspberry and spicy oak. Sweet raspberry, smoke, spice and earth flavors offer good sweetness and a smooth texture. Shows good body but not quite the definition for outstanding. Finishes with plenty of broad, dusty tannins and good length. (89)

There is a lot of value in Walla Walla bordeaux blends (this one in cab, merlot, cab franc) I am probably in for 3 bottles, let me know if there are bay area takers and we could split shipping.

I'm not there all that frequently, but could help out. LB, correct.

CT

klezman

quality posts: 131 Private Messages klezman
kylemittskus wrote:I have to hold strong. At $20 , though, excellent deal.

I came to the same conclusion. Ditto with today's Garagiste. So many great deals the last couple weeks.

2014: 57 bottles. Last wine.woot: 2011 Wellington Cab & Merlot, Roessler 2009 Bluejay, 2010 Bell Cabernet
2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

jhkey

quality posts: 52 Private Messages jhkey

Anyone familiar with the Korbin Kameron up on WTSO right now? Looks like a food friendly Cab, and a 2007 as well.

"I double the doctor's recommendation of a glass and a half of wine a day and even treble it with a friend."
- Thomas Jefferson (CT)

fredrinaldi

quality posts: 43 Private Messages fredrinaldi
jhkey wrote:Anyone familiar with the Korbin Kameron up on WTSO right now? Looks like a food friendly Cab, and a 2007 as well.

missed it, busy looking out my office window at the happenings at LAX, got a birds eye view.

rjquillin

The $30 CdP on Cindy looking interesting.
2007 Xavier Châteauneuf-du-Pape

CT