mbuffy

quality posts: 3 Private Messages mbuffy
bsevern wrote:What nobody's pulling the trigger on the wines till sold out deal?

97 Pt. Grand Cru Blanc
Montrachet 2006
Bouchard Pere & Fils
Free Shipping

Well, I did. :-) I'll let you know how it is if I drink it in a couple of years unless I end up giving it as a gift this Christmas.

redwinefan

quality posts: 74 Private Messages redwinefan

I'm hoping WTSO offers a Eagle's Trace vertical at some point. I'm eager to try it, but I want to purchase in a more limited manner.

"You need to invest in a corkscrew. Wine is for drinking." -- Peter Wellington

bsevern

quality posts: 110 Private Messages bsevern
jmdavidson wrote:While my list of procured wines is almost as extensive as yours, I admit I relied heavily on the great CT scores when i considered buying them. But, has anyone tried any of them yet? Has anyone done the tasting tour at Eagles Trace? It's $25.

I believe Fred said he tried one (can't recall the year) and loved it. I'd like to do the tour...a little high for tasting room fees, but when you get into these higher tier wines, that's the way they roll.

bsevern

rc70 wrote:I have tried the following Eagles Trace 08/07/06 and they a very very good and deserving of the ratings. I look forward to periodically sampling them as they continue to age.
I will continue to purchase them as they come up for sale. My current holdings:
3 2009 / 6 2008 / 5 2007 / 6 2006 / 4 2005 latitude 38 (next one to try)

Great to hear. Did you find any of those three years to stand out above and beyond the others?

I will try a 2005 Latitude 38 Bordeaux blend soon.

bsevern

mbuffy wrote:Well, I did. :-) I'll let you know how it is if I drink it in a couple of years unless I end up giving it as a gift this Christmas.

Can you add me to your Christmas list

rc70

quality posts: 1 Private Messages rc70
bsevern wrote:Great to hear. Did you find any of those three years to stand out above and beyond the others?

I will try a 2005 Latitude 38 Bordeaux blend soon.

They were all excellent but I do believe the 07 was incrementally better, which is why I have 1 less of those than the 06 / 08 as my friends I was sharing the 07 with talked me into opening a second one that night (did not take much - sort of like "damn that was excellent" we should have another, what do you think)
I really would have to do a 06 07 08 tasting together to determine if on is truly better than the others. Now there's an idea !

bsevern

rc70 wrote:They were all excellent but I do believe the 07 was incrementally better, which is why I have 1 less of those than the 06 / 08 as my friends I was sharing the 07 with talked me into opening a second one that night (did not take much - sort of like "damn that was excellent" we should have another, what do you think)
I really would have to do a 06 07 08 tasting together to determine if on is truly better than the others. Now there's an idea !

The 06 - 09 would make for an amazing vertical tasting eh?

I'm excited to try their Pinot, but looks like it needs to go down for a long time.

fredrinaldi

quality posts: 35 Private Messages fredrinaldi

really pushing the corkscrew this woot off, 4th time offered.

bsevern

W T F ?

Got an email from woot that my So Be It 2009 Pinot Noir order would be short. I ordered it super early on before it sold out, so how is that possible?

Here's part of their email:

Basically, that's our poetic way of admitting to a little mistake. We simply didn't have all the wine we thought we did. Because of this, we've had to reduce your double order of the So Be It 2009 Pinot Noir 6-Pack to a single pack. You'll be getting just six bottles. Not twelve.

redwinefan

Cameron Hughes has free shipping on any size order today with the code FBFAN.

I was intrigued enough to try a bottle of Lot 385 which he says is Stag's Leap Cabernet Sauvignon 2011 from a new winery that's decided to wait until the much better 2012 vintage to launch.

bsevern

redwinefan wrote:Cameron Hughes has free shipping on any size order today with the code FBFAN.

I was intrigued enough to try a bottle of Lot 385 which he says is Stag's Leap Cabernet Sauvignon 2011 from a new winery that's decided to wait until the much better 2012 vintage to launch.

Thanks for the heads up, I've been wanting to try this:

Lot 342 - 2008 Napa Valley Cabernet Sauvignon

Remember Lot 189 Stags Leap Cabernet? This wine is the 1,000 cases the winery originally held back for their own brand - they ended up selling the winery, and we couldn't resist picking up this fantastic wine. Their blend was just under the 85% Stags Leap Appellation rule, and the final result ended up being 75% Stags Leap District, 20% Spring Mountain District, and 5% from the broader Napa Valley designation. The wine was bottled in June 2012, and has benefited tremendously from the additional bottle age.

I've really enjoyed some of his "higher end" Napa Cabs. Like his Lot 300 & 303 which have years left to go until they peak. Both are supposedly from $100+ “Reserve” programs from one of the pioneers of the Stags Leap District. They are both very good.

EDIT: I suppose if we could figure out what Stags Leap winery was sold over the past couple of years, we could probably figure out who the juice is from

redwinefan

bsevern wrote:Thanks for the heads up, I've been wanting to try this:

Lot 342 - 2008 Napa Valley Cabernet Sauvignon

Remember Lot 189 Stags Leap Cabernet? This wine is the 1,000 cases the winery originally held back for their own brand - they ended up selling the winery, and we couldn't resist picking up this fantastic wine. Their blend was just under the 85% Stags Leap Appellation rule, and the final result ended up being 75% Stags Leap District, 20% Spring Mountain District, and 5% from the broader Napa Valley designation. The wine was bottled in June 2012, and has benefited tremendously from the additional bottle age.

I've really enjoyed some of his "higher end" Napa Cabs. Like his Lot 300 & 303 which have years left to go until they peak. Both are supposedly from $100+ “Reserve” programs from one of the pioneers of the Stags Leap District. They are both very good.

EDIT: I suppose if we could figure out what Stags Leap winery was sold over the past couple of years, we could probably figure out who the juice is from

Now you have me curious if the "new" winery whose wine is Lot 385 is the same vineyards as the winery that sold out Lot 342.

If you are interested in picking up a mixed case of anything you can get an additional 15% off plus the free shipping until Friday if you include one bottle of 385. You might also need a special link which I'll dig up.

bsevern

redwinefan wrote:Now you have me curious if the "new" winery whose wine is Lot 385 is the same vineyards as the winery that sold out Lot 342.

If you are interested in picking up a mixed case of anything you can get an additional 15% off plus the free shipping until Friday if you include one bottle of 385. You might also need a special link which I'll dig up.

Could it be from the Stag's Leap?

Iconic Napa Winery Stag's Leap Sold for $185 Million

bsevern

TSO Encantado Reserve Cabernet
Napa Valley 2011 Free Shipping on 4

I've seen the Pine Ridge Encantado for years, but first time I've seen the "Reserve". Anyone tried the reserve before? Worth the extra five duckets ?

Hard to be buying 2011 cabs....they're just a babies!

kittymac

quality posts: 6 Private Messages kittymac
bsevern wrote:TSO Encantado Reserve Cabernet

I've seen the Pine Ridge Encantado for years, but first time I've seen the "Reserve". Anyone tried the reserve before? Worth the extra five duckets ?

I was wondering the same thing myself....

trifecta

quality posts: 73 Private Messages trifecta

wtso has thumbprint pinot 2012 up for $20. FS on 4. I know there are some thumbprint fans out there.

chipgreen

quality posts: 195 Private Messages chipgreen

Londer Sweet Gewurz (Late Harvest) for $19/half-bottle on LB, free ship on 4.

rc70

bsevern wrote:TSO Encantado Reserve Cabernet

I grabbed some but delayed shipping till end of october it will be a good holiday drinker, I personally am not opposed to early sacrifice with my friends who just enjoy a nice glass of wine but could care less about it being
aged or a certain vintage. This way I don't have to drink some miscellaneous wine they bring over and I get to enjoy the older good stuff for myself and friends who truly enjoy it.

blakewoot

quality posts: 11 Private Messages blakewoot

Tensley Santa Barbara Syrah 2011 on Cinderellawine looks good... and ships to NY. Free shipping on 6, $17.88 each. In for 6.

mommadeb1

quality posts: 18 Private Messages mommadeb1
rc70 wrote:I grabbed some but delayed shipping till end of october it will be a good holiday drinker, I personally am not opposed to early sacrifice with my friends who just enjoy a nice glass of wine but could care less about it being
aged or a certain vintage. This way I don't have to drink some miscellaneous wine they bring over and I get to enjoy the older good stuff for myself and friends who truly enjoy it.

agghh I missed it... silly work....

cmaldoon

quality posts: 62 Private Messages cmaldoon

Is it just me or did vine log stop updating 5 days ago?

2014 - 20 Btl. Fjellene (10 bot), Urraca Chard (10 bot)
Last purchase: 5/3/14

2013 - 75 btl. 2012 - 98 btl. 2011 - 112 btl. 2010 - 30 btl.
My Cellar

ddeuddeg

quality posts: 29 Private Messages ddeuddeg
cmaldoon wrote:Is it just me or did vine log stop updating 5 days ago?

It's not just you.

"Always keep a bottle of Champagne in the fridge for special occasions. Sometimes the special occasion is that you've got a bottle of Champagne in the fridge". - Hester Browne

Ddeuddeg's Cheesecake Cookbook

mbuffy

quality posts: 3 Private Messages mbuffy
mbuffy wrote:Well, I did. :-) I'll let you know how it is if I drink it in a couple of years unless I end up giving it as a gift this Christmas.

Well, another Bouchard Pere et Fils, but this time a red, is up on WTSO now:

2008 Bouchard Père et Fils Chambertin-Clos de Bèze Grand Cru (red Burgundy)

I pulled the trigger on this one too -- has some decent reviews.

redwinefan

Are any of these Valley of the Moon wines in the special boutique on Invino worth it?

bsevern

mbuffy wrote:Well, another Bouchard Pere et Fils, but this time a red, is up on WTSO now:

2008 Bouchard Père et Fils Chambertin-Clos de Bèze Grand Cru (red Burgundy)

I pulled the trigger on this one too -- has some decent reviews.

I have a few bottles of 1994 Grand Cru Chambertin that's drinking awesome now, and should drink beautifully for the next 10-20 years easily!

mommadeb1

quality posts: 18 Private Messages mommadeb1

any thoughts on the
Murphy-Goode Homefront Red 2011 on Last call?

trifecta

quality posts: 73 Private Messages trifecta

tso plat has an interesting varietal up for those in search of the century club.

Never heard of mencia before, but I snagged one since it is FS on 1.

cortot20

quality posts: 152 Private Messages cortot20

Noticed that Bevmo has a bunch of VC cellars bottles in its five sale that are not online yet.
Seems small production but per usual there is no info. out there. Anyone had anything from this winery?

CT

rjquillin

quality posts: 178 Private Messages rjquillin
cortot20 wrote:Noticed that Bevmo has a bunch of VC cellars bottles in its five sale that are not online yet.
Seems small production but per usual there is no info. out there. Anyone had anything from this winery?

Which ones?
You visit a B&M?

CT

loveladyelectric

quality posts: 23 Private Messages loveladyelectric
trifecta wrote:tso plat has an interesting varietal up for those in search of the century club.

$5 says that grape is incredibly not funny.

redwinefan

LastBottle has some interesting ones up today.

They did a mini Ken Wright Pinot marathon including some half bottles and magnums.

Now they've got a deeply discounted 2008 Napa Cabernet Sauvignon. Here is all I could dig up on this wine:

"Escadrille means squadron and this Flying Wine Cellars Cuvée comes from a "squadron" of premium Cabernet vineyards in the Napa Valley. Deeply hued with expansive aromas of ripe black fruit, followed by blackberries, cassis, leather and tobacco on the palate."

cortot20

quality posts: 152 Private Messages cortot20
rjquillin wrote:Which ones?
You visit a B&M?

I thought I saw a zin, a PS and possibly a cab. when I went through. Price seemed good since its 1/2 off but I have no idea if these are any good.

CT

jmdavidson

quality posts: 57 Private Messages jmdavidson

For any followers of Eagles Trace, TSO has the 08 Latitude 38 up right now at $37/bottle. FS w/2.

rc70

jmdavidson wrote:For any followers of Eagles Trace, TSO has the 08 Latitude 38 up right now at $37/bottle. FS w/2.

i have the 05 latitude 38 - might as well add the 08.

Besides woot won't ship to Idaho today so I could not order todays cab. - that's a first for shipping I hope it is only this particular wine and that Idaho has not been sent to the sidelines like so many other states.

ddeuddeg

trifecta wrote:tso plat has an interesting varietal up for those in search of the century club.

You should enjoy it. We have plenty of it when we visit our friends in Spain (when he's not pouring Albariño). Nice dry red from Castilla y León.

"Always keep a bottle of Champagne in the fridge for special occasions. Sometimes the special occasion is that you've got a bottle of Champagne in the fridge". - Hester Browne

chipgreen

quality posts: 195 Private Messages chipgreen
rc70 wrote:i have the 05 latitude 38 - might as well add the 08.

Besides woot won't ship to Idaho today so I could not order todays cab. - that's a first for shipping I hope it is only this particular wine and that Idaho has not been sent to the sidelines like so many other states.

I also added a couple '08s to the '05s. Thx to jm for the h/u!

I checked the recent Pedroncelli white offering and it shipped to Idaho, so you should still be good.

ddeuddeg

For Century Club folks, there's this on invino:
A blend of Gros Manseng, Camarelet, and Lauzet (the latter two very rare, kept alive by a few special domaines like Nigri), this wine was on the waiting lists of California’s top restaurants for months when it was first released.
EDIT: 2 hours ago, it was on sale for the next 34 hours. Thought I'd order some after dinner. It's gone. Drat!

rjquillin

ddeuddeg wrote:For Century Club folks, there's this on invino:
A blend of Gros Manseng, Camarelet, and Lauzet (the latter two very rare, kept alive by a few special domaines like Nigri), this wine was on the waiting lists of California’s top restaurants for months when it was first released.
EDIT: 2 hours ago, it was on sale for the next 34 hours. Thought I'd order some after dinner. It's gone. Drat!

Are talking about 2011 Domaine Nigri 'Confluence' ?

still up for $13.

CT

cmaldoon

quality posts: 62 Private Messages cmaldoon
rjquillin wrote:Are talking about 2011 Domaine Nigri 'Confluence' ?

still up for $13.

Shows as gone to me

2014 - 20 Btl. Fjellene (10 bot), Urraca Chard (10 bot)
Last purchase: 5/3/14

2013 - 75 btl. 2012 - 98 btl. 2011 - 112 btl. 2010 - 30 btl.
My Cellar

rjquillin

cmaldoon wrote:Shows as gone to me

Perhaps I got near the end of it, but there were at least four bottles left when I grabbed two.

email from earlier for ya too..

CT