redwinefan

quality posts: 74 Private Messages redwinefan
ddeuddeg wrote:Pretty good deal, with a bunch of choices. Anybody know if they ship to NY? Not trying to stir up trouble here, but I know WCC does the shipping for RLL, and the RLL site doesn't have any info on ship to states, as far as I could tell.

Check the "Terms & Conditions" tab on the individual item pages. New York is on the allowed list:

Due to state restrictions, wine may only be shipped to the states below. If you provide a shipping address that is not one of these states, we regret that we will have to cancel your order:

Alaska, Arizona, California, Colorado, Connecticut, District of Columbia, Florida, Georgia, Hawaii, Iowa, Idaho, Illinois, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oregon, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, West Virginia, Wisconsin, Wyoming.

"You need to invest in a corkscrew. Wine is for drinking." -- Peter Wellington

rjquillin

quality posts: 189 Private Messages rjquillin
redwinefan wrote:Check the "Terms & Conditions" tab on the individual item pages. New York is on the allowed list:

Due to state restrictions, wine may only be shipped to the states below. If you provide a shipping address that is not one of these states, we regret that we will have to cancel your order:

Alaska, Arizona, California, Colorado, Connecticut, District of Columbia, Florida, Georgia, Hawaii, Iowa, Idaho, Illinois, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oregon, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, West Virginia, Wisconsin, Wyoming.

So this, again, suggests the NY shipping is more of a Mothership than WCC event.

CT

ddeuddeg

quality posts: 35 Private Messages ddeuddeg
redwinefan wrote:Check the "Terms & Conditions" tab on the individual item pages. New York is on the allowed list:

Thanks. I knew I must be missing something.

"Always keep a bottle of Champagne in the fridge for special occasions. Sometimes the special occasion is that you've got a bottle of Champagne in the fridge". - Hester Browne

Ddeuddeg's Cheesecake Cookbook

ddeuddeg

rjquillin wrote:So this, again, suggests the NY shipping is more of a Mothership than WCC event.

As I thought all along.

"Always keep a bottle of Champagne in the fridge for special occasions. Sometimes the special occasion is that you've got a bottle of Champagne in the fridge". - Hester Browne

bsevern

quality posts: 110 Private Messages bsevern

Very tempted by the TSO Burgundy deal, only 1 bottle @ $32.99 for FS, 2009 Premier Cru.

Maison Roche De Bellene
Volnay Les Mitans
Premier Cru
Pinot Noir 2009

Any thoughts on this?

rjquillin

TSO $80
2009 Beaulieu Vineyard Cabernet Sauvignon Georges de Latour Private Reserve
As much as I may want this, my wallet has other ideas.

CT

klezman

quality posts: 130 Private Messages klezman
rjquillin wrote:TSO $80
2009 Beaulieu Vineyard Cabernet Sauvignon Georges de Latour Private Reserve
As much as I may want this, my wallet has other ideas.

I'd rather wait for a slightly older vintage to appear for slightly less $ on the Diaego sale.

2014: 57 bottles. Last wine.woot: 2011 Wellington Cab & Merlot, Roessler 2009 Bluejay, 2010 Bell Cabernet
2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

rjquillin

klezman wrote:I'd rather wait for a slightly older vintage to appear for slightly less $ on the Diaego sale.

..or that. Didn't some funny business happen there last year? Wrong product, wrong pricing, late or no delivery; something? I never really understood some of what I thought was discontent and how it all ended up...

CT

bsevern

Marqués de Griñon Rioja Reserva 2-Pack “Coleccion Personal,” 1997 & 1998 | Rioja @ Invino for $45 shipped.

No idea if these are over the hill, or aged gems? The single reviewer on the 1997 isn't good, but difficult to go on one review from 2003 and one from 2004 (albeit the same reviewer).

klezman

rjquillin wrote:..or that. Didn't some funny business happen there last year? Wrong product, wrong pricing, late or no delivery; something? I never really understood some of what I thought was discontent and how it all ended up...

There was something wrong with the website, but by the time I was able to call I missed the last case by 30 seconds or something.

2014: 57 bottles. Last wine.woot: 2011 Wellington Cab & Merlot, Roessler 2009 Bluejay, 2010 Bell Cabernet
2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

redwinefan

Has anyone ever tried any vintages of the Encantado being offered right now on WTSO? I'm intrigued every time it is up since I do like Pine Ridge, and I don't like paying Pine Ridge prices, but I still haven't been intrigued enough to click the purchase button.

klezman

2009 Monteti Caburnio on Cindy this morning, $14.88, free ship on 6 (or fewer if you have a WL code). Thanks to Kyle and Scott introducing me to this wine I had to pick up 4 of these.

tytiger58

quality posts: 74 Private Messages tytiger58
klezman wrote:2009 Monteti Caburnio on Cindy this morning, $14.88, free ship on 6 (or fewer if you have a WL code). Thanks to Kyle and Scott introducing me to this wine I had to pick up 4 of these.

+1

What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch? ~ W. C. Fields

“Freedom is something that dies unless it's used” Hunter S Thompson

jmdavidson

quality posts: 59 Private Messages jmdavidson

Wtso: 2009 Eagles Trace PN @$30. Very positive CT.

mommadeb1

quality posts: 18 Private Messages mommadeb1
redwinefan wrote:Has anyone ever tried any vintages of the Encantado being offered right now on WTSO? I'm intrigued every time it is up since I do like Pine Ridge, and I don't like paying Pine Ridge prices, but I still haven't been intrigued enough to click the purchase button.

I have,... don't remember which one... of course I can't find my notes.. but do remember liking it..

jmdavidson

klezman wrote:2009 Monteti Caburnio on Cindy this morning, $14.88, free ship on 6 (or fewer if you have a WL code). Thanks to Kyle and Scott introducing me to this wine I had to pick up 4 of these.

Opened a bottle of the 2006 Monteti Monteti and boy what a delicious wine. It consisted of: Petit verdot 50%, Cabernet franc 30% and Cabernet sauvignon 20%. Sorry that I can't speak re: the Caburnio, which I have the 08. The deal, as mentioned, was not a barn burner, if you compare their pricing.

bsevern

jmdavidson wrote:Wtso: 2009 Eagles Trace PN @$30. Very positive CT.

Dang I missed it. Oh well, it'll probably be back up on TSO...

klezman

jmdavidson wrote:Opened a bottle of the 2006 Monteti Monteti and boy what a delicious wine. It consisted of: Petit verdot 50%, Cabernet franc 30% and Cabernet sauvignon 20%. Sorry that I can't speak re: the Caburnio, which I have the 08. The deal, as mentioned, was not a barn burner, if you compare their pricing.

Nope, the Cindy price was only a buck off, but it was enough to get me in. I'd love to try the Monteti Monteti. Love the PV.

kylemittskus

quality posts: 233 Private Messages kylemittskus

New varietal for those seeking the Century club: Lacrima

On CinderellaWine.com

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

bsevern

Anyone familiar with the 2006 B Cellars Napa Valley Blend 25 62% Cabernet Sauvignon, 38% Syrah, Stagecoach Vineyard Cabernet and Syrah on PSO?

klezman

kylemittskus wrote:New varietal for those seeking the Century club: Lacrima

On CinderellaWine.com

Highly recommended. I had a bottle from this producer of the 2009, but a higher level. It's delicious. A strange hybrid that makes you think of Black Muscat but with a lot more depth and seriousness. If anybody goes in I'll take a bottle or two. I almost added some to my held orders there.

kylemittskus

klezman wrote:Highly recommended. I had a bottle from this producer of the 2009, but a higher level. It's delicious. A strange hybrid that makes you think of Black Muscat but with a lot more depth and seriousness. If anybody goes in I'll take a bottle or two. I almost added some to my held orders there.

I grabbed 2 to be held with my few other bottles. One for me and one for dad. Don't need daily drinkers but the new varietal got me.

bsevern

Anyone who missed it last time it was up, LB has 2010 Jeff Runquist Petite Sirah "R" Enver Salman Vineyard up again for $18, four 4 FS.

Appears to be solid juice for new world fans.

PM me if you need a referral

capitalsfn

quality posts: 2 Private Messages capitalsfn
bsevern wrote:Anyone who missed it last time it was up, LB has 2010 Jeff Runquist Petite Sirah "R" Enver Salman Vineyard up again for $18, four 4 FS.

Appears to be solid juice for new world fans.

PM me if you need a referral

Wooh, got the last bottle, $25 credit!

ddeuddeg

redwinefan wrote:Has anyone ever tried any vintages of the Encantado being offered right now on WTSO? I'm intrigued every time it is up since I do like Pine Ridge, and I don't like paying Pine Ridge prices, but I still haven't been intrigued enough to click the purchase button.

We love the '07, just had a bottle last night. Sorry this is too late to be of any use. I grab some Encantado every time they offer it.

jmdavidson

ddeuddeg wrote:We love the '07, just had a bottle last night. Sorry this is too late to be of any use. I grab some Encantado every time they offer it.

Ditto on the 07. Mine has been gone a long time.

noslensj

quality posts: 47 Private Messages noslensj
ddeuddeg wrote:We love the '07, just had a bottle last night. Sorry this is too late to be of any use. I grab some Encantado every time they offer it.

Do you ever go in on any of their "mystery" wine offers that are Encantado?

redwinefan

Good to hear. I think the newer vintages pop up every now in again.

kylemittskus

redwinefan wrote:Good to hear. I think the newer vintages pop up every now in again.

Based on ddeuddeg's rec, I'm going to have to grab some if I happen to see someone post it here.

bsevern

Interesting Napa Cab on Invino:

2006 Levendi Cabernet Sauvignon
Stagecoach Vyd, Atlas Peak, Napa Valley
Limited Production | Tchelistcheff Protégé $39.99/bottle.

Seems to be a good one, CT reviews are quite favorable, nice discount, might go in on a couple.

rjquillin

For the port crowd, any interest in
1977 Warre Porto Vintage
or
1983 Cockburn Porto Vintage
either @ $85? No great deal, but these were offered to me by a private party in OC and I'm passing it along.

CT

bdlsmoran

quality posts: 2 Private Messages bdlsmoran

Is anyone familiar with the current lastbottle.com offering?
Charnu Cabernet Sauvignon St. Helena 2010

Synos10

quality posts: 14 Private Messages Synos10
bdlsmoran wrote:Is anyone familiar with the current lastbottle.com offering?
Charnu Cabernet Sauvignon St. Helena 2010

Was just looking at that as well, can't find any readily available info on the wine.

rjquillin

kylemittskus wrote:Based on ddeuddeg's rec, I'm going to have to grab some if I happen to see someone post it here.

Got some of these
Encantado Red Blend 2011 Carneros Napa Valley
on the way, heat hold. Shall I put your name on a couple, or more?

CT

tytiger58

quality posts: 74 Private Messages tytiger58

2010 Bodegas y Viñedos Maurodos Toro Prima on tso plat have heard nothing but good things about the "09". From the makers of SRT.

What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch? ~ W. C. Fields

“Freedom is something that dies unless it's used” Hunter S Thompson

kylemittskus

rjquillin wrote:Got some of these
Encantado Red Blend 2011 Carneros Napa Valley
on the way, heat hold. Shall I put your name on a couple, or more?

How much were they?

klezman

rjquillin wrote:For the port crowd, any interest in
1977 Warre Porto Vintage
or
1983 Cockburn Porto Vintage
either @ $85? No great deal, but these were offered to me by a private party in OC and I'm passing it along.

What happened to those bottles of Port for $40?

rjquillin

kylemittskus wrote:How much were they?

not sure, but should still be $20.

CT

rjquillin

klezman wrote:What happened to those bottles of Port for $40?

hope to see five appear on the 28th at the locker..

CT

klezman

rjquillin wrote:hope to see five appear on the 28th at the locker..

Then I guess I'll keep my fingers crossed?