fredrinaldi

quality posts: 39 Private Messages fredrinaldi

Well scored me a case of RBW Red blend this morning, got a call from the winery owner, gave me the WO price and is shipping today, Once again thank you to the woot god (and you know who you are as we also spoke on the phone) for setting me up.

klezman

quality posts: 129 Private Messages klezman

Oh good lord...K&L has Iron Horse 2011 Estate Pinot Noir for $28 for their advantage email subscribers. And today's Garagiste offer was irresistible. And the Zahtilla up right now. And the loot from the wootception weekend. And Halcon on the way. Must. Stop. Buying. I bet WD has something crazy in store for us just to rub it in.

2014: 42 bottles. Last wine.woot: 2012 Iron Horse Estate Chardonnay
2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

rjquillin

quality posts: 182 Private Messages rjquillin
klezman wrote:Oh good lord...K&L has Iron Horse 2011 Estate Pinot Noir for $28 for their advantage email subscribers. And today's Garagiste offer was irresistible. And the Zahtilla up right now. And the loot from the wootception weekend. And Halcon on the way. Must. Stop. Buying. I bet WD has something crazy in store for us just to rub it in.

You talking about this?
“Cuvee de l'Orée” 750ml - $139.80

CT

trifecta

quality posts: 74 Private Messages trifecta

Anaba Gaps Crown Chard on LB for $19. FS on 4. I've had it, no notes in CT but I thought it was damn good. In for 4. I'd be willing to let a bottle go to someone in the bay area.

bsevern

quality posts: 110 Private Messages bsevern
klezman wrote:Oh good lord...K&L has Iron Horse 2011 Estate Pinot Noir for $28 for their advantage email subscribers. And today's Garagiste offer was irresistible. And the Zahtilla up right now. And the loot from the wootception weekend. And Halcon on the way. Must. Stop. Buying. I bet WD has something crazy in store for us just to rub it in.

Bummer the Iron Horse Thomas Road Pinot isn't on special, it's great juice, but at $85/bottle, I just can't justify it. Now the stuff on K&L, that's a good deal, and appears to be from the same vineyards as the Thomas Road juice.

bsevern

Received an interesting offer via e-Miles.

$9.95 for a 50ml six bottle Tasting Room "tasting kit" (shipping included). Then after 30 days, they send you a case of wine for $89. Then every three months, another case of wine for $149. I believe Lot18 has taken over TR, so the bottles would be from them.

I pulled the trigger on the TR tasting kit, and might let it ride to see what the $89 case is. IIRC the Tasting Room samplers had some decent wines in the past.

The TR sampler (50ml) includes:

Sampler bottle #1 - 2010 Ten Sisters Marlborough Sauvignon Blanc
Sampler bottle #2 - 2010 Loophole Santa Barbara Chardonnay
Sampler bottle #3 - 2011 Hangtime California Pinot Noir
Sampler bottle #4 - 2010 Château Tour Saint-Georges Bordeaux
Sampler bottle #5 - 2011 Elelin Vineyard Selection Patagonia Malbec
Sampler bottle #6 - 2010 Fortuna Paso Robles Cabernet Sauvignon

Then the next shipment for $89 (shipping included) includes:

2010 Rancho Alexander Valley Cabernet Sauvignon (750ml, 2x) - decent CT reviews in the high 80's to low 90's.
2010 Château Mazetier Tradition Bordeaux (750ml, 2x) - no CT reviews
2009 Voila California Pinot Noir (750ml, 2x)
2008 Viña Anzarena Crianza Rioja (750ml, 2x)
2011 Finial Sonoma Coast Chardonnay (750ml, 2x)
2011 Casey Flat Ranch Open Range Sauvignon Blanc (750ml, 2x)

bsevern

PTSO has Pope Valley Merlot Eakle Ranch Napa Valley 2005 for $12.99 a bottle, free shipping on 3+. Been to this winery and they make solid wines IMHO, and 2005 was a great year (this should be drinking beautifully now).

klezman

quality posts: 129 Private Messages klezman
rjquillin wrote:You talking about this?
“Cuvee de l'Orée” 750ml - $139.80

No, the Rosso di Montalcino.

2014: 42 bottles. Last wine.woot: 2012 Iron Horse Estate Chardonnay
2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

kylemittskus

quality posts: 231 Private Messages kylemittskus
bsevern wrote:PTSO has Pope Valley Merlot Eakle Ranch Napa Valley 2005 for $12.99 a bottle, free shipping on 3+. Been to this winery and they make solid wines IMHO, and 2005 was a great year (this should be drinking beautifully now).

Fred, does your wife need Merlot?

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

fredrinaldi

kylemittskus wrote:Fred, does your wife need Merlot?

Yes I was gonna pull the trigger, but wanted to c/o the comments here,
Looks like a buy for the "little lady"
thats good cause I have had 6 deliveries in the past 10 days ........ALL CAB.

jmdavidson

quality posts: 58 Private Messages jmdavidson

Back again on WTSO: Eagles Trace 'Latitude 38'
Conn Valley, Napa Valley 2005
Free Shipping on 2 or more @ $36.99

bsevern

jmdavidson wrote:Back again on WTSO: Eagles Trace 'Latitude 38'
Conn Valley, Napa Valley 2005
Free Shipping on 2 or more @ $36.99

This is a better deal then the last time it was up by almost $10/bottle....hard to resist!

fredrinaldi

bsevern wrote:PTSO has Pope Valley Merlot Eakle Ranch Napa Valley 2005 for $12.99 a bottle, free shipping on 3+. Been to this winery and they make solid wines IMHO, and 2005 was a great year (this should be drinking beautifully now).

AFTER my purchase I was reading the Details and there its called Pope Valley Napa Valley Eakle Ranch Bordeaux Blend 2005

Not a Merlot, but a blend?

cortot20

quality posts: 158 Private Messages cortot20
fredrinaldi wrote:AFTER my purchase I was reading the Details and there its called Pope Valley Napa Valley Eakle Ranch Bordeaux Blend 2005

Probably a merlot heavy blend.

CT

fredrinaldi

Heads up:

Dear WTSO Member,

It is time to clear your calendar, take off work, cancel plans with your friends, and save your paychecks! The online wine event of the quarter is officially on the books. It is coming like a freight-train so reschedule all your meetings, put in for a vacation day, or find a quiet storage closet away from any work-related distractions because (drumroll)...

SEPTEMBER 10th IS OUR CHEAPSKATE MARATHON (YES, A TUESDAY)!

fredrinaldi

cortot20 wrote:Probably a merlot heavy blend.

Did say Merlot & Cab Blend
anyway sold out glad I got 3

bsevern

fredrinaldi wrote:AFTER my purchase I was reading the Details and there its called Pope Valley Napa Valley Eakle Ranch Bordeaux Blend 2005

Our Bordeaux Blend (Merlot, Cabernet Sauvignon) is sourced from our Howell Mountain vineyard in the heart of Pope Valley. The 2005 growing season was ideal for Merlot and other Bordeaux varietals to thrive and produce. After 2 years in French and American oak barrels, we blended in 2% Cabernet Sauvignon giving it the structure to hold up to your favorite cut of steak.

Not much of a blend, but there you have it.

random122

quality posts: 6 Private Messages random122
bsevern wrote:This is a better deal then the last time it was up by almost $10/bottle....hard to resist!

I know there was talk about their Cabs just the other day, but have you (or anyone) tried this blend yet?

Stepping into a meeting, but am thinking about grabbing this one (with a little push) if it's still available afterwards.

bsevern

random122 wrote:I know there was talk about their Cabs just the other day, but have you (or anyone) tried this blend yet?

Stepping into a meeting, but am thinking about grabbing this one (with a little push) if it's still available afterwards.

I haven't tried it, but the reviews for the 05-07 on CT are overwhelmingly great. Same with their cabs and pinot.

fredrinaldi

bsevern wrote:Our Bordeaux Blend (Merlot, Cabernet Sauvignon) is sourced from our Howell Mountain vineyard in the heart of Pope Valley. The 2005 growing season was ideal for Merlot and other Bordeaux varietals to thrive and produce. After 2 years in French and American oak barrels, we blended in 2% Cabernet Sauvignon giving it the structure to hold up to your favorite cut of steak.

Not much of a blend, but there you have it.

Your right 2% Cab, thanks

rc70

quality posts: 1 Private Messages rc70
bsevern wrote:This is a better deal then the last time it was up by almost $10/bottle....hard to resist!

I couldn't resist - in for 4 more - love the Eagles Trace.

random122

quality posts: 6 Private Messages random122
bsevern wrote:I haven't tried it, but the reviews for the 05-07 on CT are overwhelmingly great. Same with their cabs and pinot.

Thanks! Still up so I'm in.

spammie

quality posts: 7 Private Messages spammie

Does anybody have any comment on the La Rue Grenache Ventoux 2009 at LB? The description is a bit on the breathless side.

There's a little info on the wine here:
http://www.winex.com/wine-566656-.aspx

redwinefan

quality posts: 74 Private Messages redwinefan
spammie wrote:Does anybody have any comment on the La Rue Grenache Ventoux 2009 at LB? The description is a bit on the breathless side.

I bit on this. I've gotten some solid Grenache deals from LB, so I'm hoping this is another one.

"You need to invest in a corkscrew. Wine is for drinking." -- Peter Wellington

NedDawg

quality posts: 34 Private Messages NedDawg
spammie wrote:Does anybody have any comment on the La Rue Grenache Ventoux 2009 at LB? The description is a bit on the breathless side.

Rated 89 by wine spectator in 2011:
LA RUE
Grenache Ventoux 2009 89 $25

capitalsfn

quality posts: 2 Private Messages capitalsfn
NedDawg wrote:Rated 89 by wine spectator in 2011:
LA RUE
Grenache Ventoux 2009 89 $25

Anyone interested in splitting in the Denver area? I'm curious, but not enough to buy 6 bottles on my own.

ddeuddeg

quality posts: 32 Private Messages ddeuddeg

Aren't they always a little breathless? Not that there's anything wrong with that.

"Always keep a bottle of Champagne in the fridge for special occasions. Sometimes the special occasion is that you've got a bottle of Champagne in the fridge". - Hester Browne

Ddeuddeg's Cheesecake Cookbook

rjquillin

ddeuddeg wrote:Aren't they always a little breathless? Not that there's anything wrong with that.

Either that or they're barefoot, err, sock-less.

CT

redwinefan

ddeuddeg wrote:Aren't they always a little breathless? Not that there's anything wrong with that.

I rank breathlessness in this order:

Garagiste
Invino
Last Bottle
Jonathan H. Newman at WTSO

kylemittskus

redwinefan wrote:I rank breathlessness in this order:

Garagiste
Invino
Last Bottle

Wilfred Wong from BevMo is somewhere in there.

rjquillin

Thoughts on this from WL
Fattoria La Lecciaia Brunello Di Montalcino 2007 @ $28?

CT

noslensj

quality posts: 42 Private Messages noslensj
redwinefan wrote:I rank breathlessness in this order:

Garagiste
Invino
Last Bottle

Is that ascending or descending?

kylemittskus

rjquillin wrote:Thoughts on this from WL
Fattoria La Lecciaia Brunello Di Montalcino 2007 @ $28?

I have not had a BdM post 2003 that I have enjoyed for the $$. I haven't had that many, but I know others who have expressed the same.

chipgreen

quality posts: 202 Private Messages chipgreen

2006 Bennett Family Reserve Napa Cabernet Sauvignon

$20.99/bottle with free shipping on WL

redwinefan

noslensj wrote:Is that ascending or descending?

Depends on the day.

bud8jr

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bud8jr

Here is an unrepeatable offer on Mollydooker Australian Shiraz and Cabernet Sauvignon.

These prices, particularly "Carnival of Love" and "Enchanted Path" are unbelievable - half priced high-end wines! All current vintage.

· The Boxer Shiraz, normally $24.99 - now $17.99 (6 pack)

· Blue Eyed Boy Shiraz, normally $59.99 - now $24.99 (12 pack)

· The Maitre'd Cab, normally $26.99 now $17.99 (12 pack)

· Two Left Feet Shiraz, normally $24.99 now $17.99 (12 pack)

· Carnival of Love Shiraz, normally $90, now $44.99 (6 pack)

· Enchanted Path Cab blend, normally $90 now $44.99 (6 pack)

These prices are per bottle on a case-deal only. You can mix and match 12 bottles. If you want to purchase less than a case, then breakage costs apply. This is a very limited offer. We are not permitted to put this one-off deal on our website, so to reserve any of these wines, please contact me directly by phone or email.

Regards

Gwen Baines

Cork Wine On-Line

www.corkwineonline.com

407 451 9537 (cell)

407 203 0821 (landline)

The warehouse is in Orlando, FL. They do allow for p/u there to save on shipping, otherwise standard ups rates apply. You must preorder then they call you when the order is ready for p/u.

chipgreen

quality posts: 202 Private Messages chipgreen

The 2009 vintage of Renwood's Viognier is on sale for $5/bottle or $60/case on their website. With tax and shipping it comes out to $101.41 to OH, or $25 more than the 2007 deal on woot today. The higher shipping cost adds about $2/bottle but it is a newer vintage so may be worth it if someone wants to drink the wine over 4-5 years instead of 2-3 years.

ddeuddeg

quality posts: 32 Private Messages ddeuddeg
chipgreen wrote:The 2009 vintage of Renwood's Viognier is on sale for $5/bottle or $60/case on their website. With tax and shipping it comes out to $101.41 to OH, or $25 more than the 2007 deal on woot today. The higher shipping cost adds about $2/bottle but it is a newer vintage so may be worth it if someone wants to drink the wine over 4-5 years instead of 2-3 years.

And they ship to NY. Gave some thought to heading over to Plymouth this past Monday, and would likely have paid them a visit, but decided to wander through the giant sequoias for the afternoon instead. Good choice.

"Always keep a bottle of Champagne in the fridge for special occasions. Sometimes the special occasion is that you've got a bottle of Champagne in the fridge". - Hester Browne

Ddeuddeg's Cheesecake Cookbook

redwinefan

bud8jr wrote:Here is an unrepeatable offer on Mollydooker Australian Shiraz and Cabernet Sauvignon.

These prices, particularly "Carnival of Love" and "Enchanted Path" are unbelievable - half priced high-end wines! All current vintage.

I would like a bottle of Enchanted Path at that price, but I can't spot 6.

InFrom

quality posts: 33 Private Messages InFrom

I see that Invino is selling a 3-Pack of 2009 Biggio Hamina Pinot Noir, Willamette Valley AVA -- not the Deux Vert vineyard that was on Woot recently. $60, and ships free.