bsevern


quality posts: 110 Private Messages bsevern
jmdavidson wrote:Along with the 07 offer in June, we have a mini-v.



This is the Eagles Trace juice I've picked up so far:

750ml 3 2008 Eagles Trace Cabernet Sauvignon (USA, California, Napa Valley) CT92
750ml 3 2007 Eagles Trace Cabernet Sauvignon (USA, California, Napa Valley) CT93.3
750ml 2 2006 Eagles Trace Cabernet Sauvignon (USA, California, Napa Valley) CT91.6
750ml 2 2006 Eagles Trace Latitude 38 (USA, California, Napa Valley) CT92.8
750ml 2 2005 Eagles Trace Latitude 38 (USA, California, Napa Valley) CT91.6
750ml 1 2010 Eagles Trace Pinot Noir Estate Grown Valhalla Vineyard (USA, California, Napa Valley) CT90
750ml 1 2009 Eagles Trace Pinot Noir Estate Grown Valhalla Vineyard (USA, California, Napa Valley) CT91.7

bsevern


quality posts: 110 Private Messages bsevern
trifecta wrote:I'll take one off someone in the bay if they can spare it. Can't justify 3.



I'll see if I can add one to my order, but be forewarned I have them on summer hold until December.

jmdavidson


quality posts: 58 Private Messages jmdavidson
bsevern wrote:This is the Eagles Trace juice I've picked up so far:


Were they all from WTSO?

rjquillin


quality posts: 185 Private Messages rjquillin
bsevern wrote:I'll see if I can add one to my order, but be forewarned I have them on summer hold until December.



One more if you can..

CT

rjquillin


quality posts: 185 Private Messages rjquillin
jmdavidson wrote:Were they all from WTSO?



The 08 is up now.

CT

bsevern


quality posts: 110 Private Messages bsevern
jmdavidson wrote:Were they all from WTSO?



Yeah, I haven't seen them up anywhere other then WTSO, have you?

kittymac


quality posts: 6 Private Messages kittymac

Any thoughts on Amazon's Lanor Day 20% off sale? There seemed to be a few good deals in the group.

jmdavidson


quality posts: 58 Private Messages jmdavidson
kittymac wrote:Any thoughts on Amazon's Labor Day 20% off sale? There seemed to be a few good deals in the group.



Just glanced at some of their offers and they are asking full retail and above. Keep shopping here and other similar sites if you want the best pricing.

fredrinaldi


quality posts: 39 Private Messages fredrinaldi

Total cost of this last woot off for me was $72, 1 buy.. missed the RBW offer due to work getting in the way. Most likely the cheapest woot off for me ever. however I did have a few buys on WTSO.

rc70


quality posts: 1 Private Messages rc70

2006 eagles trace on plat / 2 free ship

cmaldoon


quality posts: 62 Private Messages cmaldoon
rc70 wrote:2006 eagles trace on plat / 2 free ship



...and now the vertical will be 2006-2008... sweet in for 3

2014 - 20 Btl. Fjellene (10 bot), Urraca Chard (10 bot)
Last purchase: 5/3/14

2013 - 75 btl. 2012 - 98 btl. 2011 - 112 btl. 2010 - 30 btl.
My Cellar

bsevern


quality posts: 110 Private Messages bsevern
rc70 wrote:2006 eagles trace on plat / 2 free ship



Have this already, would be sweet to see them pony up some 2005!

tytiger58


quality posts: 74 Private Messages tytiger58

adding more!

What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch? ~ W. C. Fields

“Freedom is something that dies unless it's used” Hunter S Thompson




polarbear22


quality posts: 35 Private Messages polarbear22
jmdavidson wrote:Just posted on Plati: Panza Petite Syrah Library Release 2003 Stags' Leap Ranch Quixote Winery Free Shipping on 2 or more. $21.99@ IMHO worth the price.


OK, I'm lost. What is Plati?

Edit: Nevermind, I finally saw a comment that clarified.

Polar bears are meant to be clever, very clever. They are the Einsteins of the bear community. - Anonymous
Please donate to the 2014 MS Bike Ride
Want to read what SonomaBouliste has to say about wine?
Ddeuddeg Cheesecake Cookbook
My Cellar

fredrinaldi


quality posts: 39 Private Messages fredrinaldi

stumbled across this site
http://killerwinedeals.com/

cmaldoon


quality posts: 62 Private Messages cmaldoon
fredrinaldi wrote:stumbled across this site
http://killerwinedeals.com/



Thanks for the new site. Always great to get links to new deal sites.

The build on it is complete "I like turtles!". The deals I browsed didn't look so hot either. With 10,000 Wines in inventory I wonder which retailer this site is a cover for.

2014 - 20 Btl. Fjellene (10 bot), Urraca Chard (10 bot)
Last purchase: 5/3/14

2013 - 75 btl. 2012 - 98 btl. 2011 - 112 btl. 2010 - 30 btl.
My Cellar

bud8jr


quality posts: 0 Private Messages bud8jr

Any thoughts on the 2007 Nola Alder Springs Vineyard Syrah Mendocino on invino now for $13?


joed10303


quality posts: 1 Private Messages joed10303
bud8jr wrote:Any thoughts on the 2007 Nola Alder Springs Vineyard Syrah Mendocino on invino now for $13?



I thought the 06 + 07 nola whitehawk were very good for the $. i also picked up the 08 alder but its on summer hold.

bsevern


quality posts: 110 Private Messages bsevern
tytiger58 wrote:adding more!



I caved and grabbed a couple more, I know this is killer juice!

bud8jr


quality posts: 0 Private Messages bud8jr
joed10303 wrote:I thought the 06 + 07 nola whitehawk were very good for the $. i also picked up the 08 alder but its on summer hold.



Just found this fwiw:

2007 White Hawk Vineyard

2007 Alder Springs Vineyard

Viva la difference!


rc70


quality posts: 1 Private Messages rc70

Quite possibly the best QPR I've ever stumbled across : 2009 Voila pinot noir at 7.35 ea .
buy case of 12 certificate for 63.00 then i had 25.08 shipping - 7.35ea very nice daily drinker - i had previously purchased some at Invino for 14.00ea

http://specials.restaurant.com/deal/national/buy3get9freepinotnoir?utm_source=Specials+by+Restaurant.com&utm_medium=MerchantAPI&utm_campaign=Specials+by+Restaurant.com_772861&prti=3801&et_cid=21837678&et_rid=709948943&u=226332846

bdlsmoran


quality posts: 2 Private Messages bdlsmoran
rc70 wrote:Quite possibly the best QPR I've ever stumbled across : 2009 Voila pinot noir at 7.35 ea .
buy case of 12 certificate for 63.00 then i had 25.08 shipping - 7.35ea very nice daily drinker - i had previously purchased some at Invino for 14.00ea

http://specials.restaurant.com/deal/national/buy3get9freepinotnoir?utm_source=Specials+by+Restaurant.com&utm_medium=MerchantAPI&utm_campaign=Specials+by+Restaurant.com_772861&prti=3801&et_cid=21837678&et_rid=709948943&u=226332846



Expired

chipgreen


quality posts: 202 Private Messages chipgreen

2007 Geyser Peak Meritage Reserve on LB for $35 has been up for 24 hrs. or longer. I was initially interested since none of the Geyser Peak wines ship to OH via woot but LB says Best Web = $50. I look on wine-searcher and it gives 3 listings, all of which are well under $50.

No Limit Fine Wines in Santa Rosa has it for $37
Calwine in Napa has it for $39.95
JJ Buckley has it for $44.99

The other two listings aren't visible to me as I don't have the Pro version, but I wonder if this is a common occurrence? I would be surprised if retailers lowered their prices to match a flash site deal, so how does LB come up with $50 as the best web price?

fredrinaldi


quality posts: 39 Private Messages fredrinaldi

Looks like I may score some RBW's Bad Moon Rising from the WO @ WO prices from the winery, Had a message this morning on my phone......gotta love Wine Woot for hooking a guy up.

tdedek


quality posts: 4 Private Messages tdedek
chipgreen wrote:2007 Geyser Peak Meritage Reserve on LB for $35 has been up for 24 hrs. or longer. I was initially interested since none of the Geyser Peak wines ship to OH via woot but LB says Best Web = $50. I look on wine-searcher and it gives 3 listings, all of which are well under $50.

No Limit Fine Wines in Santa Rosa has it for $37
Calwine in Napa has it for $39.95
JJ Buckley has it for $44.99

The other two listings aren't visible to me as I don't have the Pro version, but I wonder if this is a common occurrence? I would be surprised if retailers lowered their prices to match a flash site deal, so how does LB come up with $50 as the best web price?



I think they must be figuring in tax and shipping, like Woot.

I've skipped on quite a few LB deals because I can find the bottles at around the same price locally.

joeliquor


quality posts: 0 Private Messages joeliquor
cmaldoon wrote:Thanks for the new site. Always great to get links to new deal sites.

The build on it is complete "I like turtles!". The deals I browsed didn't look so hot either. With 10,000 Wines in inventory I wonder which retailer this site is a cover for.



Based on the contact address it appears it is a cover for http://www.wineupwinemerchants.com/

fredrinaldi


quality posts: 39 Private Messages fredrinaldi
tdedek wrote:I think they must be figuring in tax and shipping, like Woot.

I've skipped on quite a few LB deals because I can find the bottles at around the same price locally.



+1

besides Woot, WTSO is my go to site.

McMalbec


quality posts: 8 Private Messages McMalbec
chipgreen wrote:2007 Geyser Peak Meritage Reserve on LB for $35 has been up for 24 hrs. or longer. I was initially interested since none of the Geyser Peak wines ship to OH via woot but LB says Best Web = $50. I look on wine-searcher and it gives 3 listings, all of which are well under $50.

No Limit Fine Wines in Santa Rosa has it for $37
Calwine in Napa has it for $39.95
JJ Buckley has it for $44.99

The other two listings aren't visible to me as I don't have the Pro version, but I wonder if this is a common occurrence? I would be surprised if retailers lowered their prices to match a flash site deal, so how does LB come up with $50 as the best web price?


FYI, I received a private client offer from JJB this morning for a 2009 Geyser Springs Reserve for $29.87 plus shipping. If you're interested, PM me and I will give you his contact info.

noslensj


quality posts: 44 Private Messages noslensj
fredrinaldi wrote:+1

besides Woot, WTSO is my go to site.


I have a limited budget for wine. I am almost always looking to pick up wine for $12.bottle max, stretching that a bit for the right situations (such Vino Noceto). Beyond that price point wines become special occasion bottles, maybe occurring ten times per year.

So my sweet spot is wines at less than $12 that drink like $20 - $30 bottles. In that regard I have found woot to be generally reliable and WTSO valuable but requiring greater discretion.

OTOH - I have had enough duds in that range from LB that they know only get scant consideration from me. Most of the $12 bottles I've gotten from LB are at about the caliber of what I can get from Trader Joes for that price or less.

I do like the LB marathons - I have had more success with orders during those events, and it's particularly nice during those events that I can limit my risk by buying only one or two bottles is something catches my eye.

chipgreen


quality posts: 202 Private Messages chipgreen
McMalbec wrote:FYI, I received a private client offer from JJB this morning for a 2009 Geyser Springs Reserve for $29.87 plus shipping. If you're interested, PM me and I will give you his contact info.


Appreciate the offer but I'm over it now, haha

tytiger58


quality posts: 74 Private Messages tytiger58

2009 Falesco 'Marciliano'cab on WTSO

Every vintage I have had has been well worth the $$

What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch? ~ W. C. Fields

“Freedom is something that dies unless it's used” Hunter S Thompson




jmdavidson


quality posts: 58 Private Messages jmdavidson
tytiger58 wrote:2009 Falesco 'Marciliano'cab on WTSO

Every vintage I have had has been well worth the $$



I drank my last bottle of the 2007 and could not agree with you more. Those with whom I shared this bottle commented on how smooth it was and the nice cabernet flavors. BTW, 2009 was a good year for grapes in Tuscany.

tytiger58


quality posts: 74 Private Messages tytiger58
jmdavidson wrote:I drank my last bottle of the 2007 and could not agree with you more. Those with whom I shared this bottle commented on how smooth it was and the nice cabernet flavors. BTW, 2009 was a good year for grapes in Tuscany.



I'm in! I have the 05 and the 07 wonder what happened to the 08?

What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch? ~ W. C. Fields

“Freedom is something that dies unless it's used” Hunter S Thompson




chipgreen


quality posts: 202 Private Messages chipgreen
tytiger58 wrote:2009 Falesco 'Marciliano'cab on WTSO

Every vintage I have had has been well worth the $$


Sounds tasty, thanks for the h/u.

Mixed 6-pack of 2008 Tor del Colle Riservas on Groupon.

2 bottles 2008 Tor del Colle Brindisi Riserva
2 bottles 2008 Tor del Colle Montepulciano Abruzzo Riserva (2007 vintage previously sold on woot)
2 bottles 2008 Tor del Colle Riserva, Biferno

$74.99 with free shipping

noslensj


quality posts: 44 Private Messages noslensj
chipgreen wrote:Sounds tasty, thanks for the h/u.

Mixed 6-pack of 2008 Tor del Colle Riservas on Groupon.

2 bottles 2008 Tor del Colle Brindisi Riserva
2 bottles 2008 Tor del Colle Montepulciano Abruzzo Riserva (2007 vintage previously sold on woot)
2 bottles 2008 Tor del Colle Riserva, Biferno

$74.99 with free shipping



Assuming one is willing to chance summer shipment of wine, presumably originating in San Diego.

rjquillin


quality posts: 185 Private Messages rjquillin
noslensj wrote:Assuming one is willing to chance summer shipment of wine, presumably originating in San Diego.

Martellotto has sold many times on woot. Given the address, this is only an administrative location. The location is stated as Poway, north of SD. I know based on earlier sales when I looked them up I was surprised they were local to me, but being an importer made more sense. Greg is all over the place.

Santa Barbera:
http://wine.woot.com/offers/martellotto-santa-barbara-pinot-noir-2

http://wine.woot.com/offers/santa-barbara-chardonnay-3

http://wine.woot.com/offers/martellotto-wanderlust-tempranillo-4

http://wine.woot.com/offers/piro-piro-piccolo-pinot-grigio-4

Santa Ynez
http://wine.woot.com/offers/wanderlust-tempranillo-4

http://wine.woot.com/offers/wanderlust-viognier-4

[deleted]

Paso Robles:
http://wine.woot.com/offers/la-bomba-cabernet-sauvignon-3

Napa:
http://wine.woot.com/offers/m-by-martellotto-cabernet-sauvignon-2

Unstated:
http://wine.woot.com/offers/let-the-people-decide-red-blend-4-6

Italy:
http://wine.woot.com/offers/casale-pozzuolo-tuscan-sangiovese-3

France:
http://wine.woot.com/offers/french-bordeaux-4-pack

CT

chipgreen


quality posts: 202 Private Messages chipgreen
rjquillin wrote:Martellotto has sold many times on woot. Given the address, this is only an administrative location. The location is stated as Poway, north of SD. I know based on earlier sales when I looked them up I was surprised they were local to me, but being an importer made more sense. Greg is all over the place.


Good call, I forgot this was a Martellotto import and didn't notice it in the fine print on the Groupon page. He definitely has his hand in a wide variety of wine offerings. That's an impressive list you have compiled and includes a few I wasn't aware of, although he has no affiliation with the Martian Ranch Santa Ynez Syrah. That was a listing mistake made by wine.woot when the Martian Ranch Syrah was offered.

jmdavidson


quality posts: 58 Private Messages jmdavidson

Anyone familiar with the LB offer for a 2009 Parmelee Hill Syrah, Block B Estate Grown ($22)?

EDIT: S/O

rc70


quality posts: 1 Private Messages rc70

2006 Thumbprint Four PLay
19.99ea. / 2 gets free ship PLATI

bdlsmoran


quality posts: 2 Private Messages bdlsmoran
rc70 wrote:2006 Thumbprint Four PLay
19.99ea. / 2 gets free ship PLATI



Thinking about this one, any feedback?