rjquillin

quality posts: 170 Private Messages rjquillin
North316 wrote:Probably can't go wrong, since Scott made it, but at $24 that's almost twice what we paid for the same vintage of Syrah on Woot.

I've got a value of $20 for the 2006 vintage. Need to try one soon.

CT

jmdavidson

quality posts: 55 Private Messages jmdavidson

Just posted on Plati: Panza Petite Syrah Library Release 2003 Stags' Leap Ranch Quixote Winery Free Shipping on 2 or more. $21.99@ IMHO worth the price.

North316

quality posts: 107 Private Messages North316
fredrinaldi wrote:where does the numbers come from for the wines offered? this morning
"Tasi 2009 California Merlot Case
$89.99 $̶2̶1̶6̶.̶0̶0̶ 58% off List Price"

with $7 shipping $97, or what $8.08 each.

at Mel & Rose Wine and Spirits in L.A. today and everyday (as I have bought for the wife over the year) $8.99 a bottle 10% off on a case is $8.09 a bottle,

where does the $216 quoted come from to get a 58% discount?

Retail/List price is always based off of winery list price, not local or other internet-based retail.

My CT
"Trust your homies on the net", Clark Smith.
R.I.P. Inkycatz - Feb. 2013

North316

rjquillin wrote:I've got a value of $20 for the 2006 vintage. Need to try one soon.

Correct. The 2006 Cab was sold for $20, however, the 2004 Syrah was only $13. I would think the Merlot should be somewhere in-between the two, but closer to the Syrah.

My CT

kylemittskus

quality posts: 229 Private Messages kylemittskus
jmdavidson wrote:Just posted on Plati: Panza Petite Syrah Library Release 2003 Stags' Leap Ranch Quixote Winery Free Shipping on 2 or more. $21.99@ IMHO worth the price.

I'd say that's a buy.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

bsevern

quality posts: 109 Private Messages bsevern
kylemittskus wrote:I'd say that's a buy.

I was thinking that too, especially only having to buy two bottles for free shipping.

I'm wondering when this will hit the infamous dumb phase?

cmaldoon

quality posts: 62 Private Messages cmaldoon
bsevern wrote:I was thinking that too, especially only having to buy two bottles for free shipping.

Not Buying.... Not buying... NOT BUYING!!!! No room, no $. What the hell is up with woot this week, it's been AWFUL to have a SIWBM.

2014 - 20 Btl. Fjellene (10 bot), Urraca Chard (10 bot)
Last purchase: 5/3/14

2013 - 75 btl. 2012 - 98 btl. 2011 - 112 btl. 2010 - 30 btl.
My Cellar

siwbm

quality posts: 5 Private Messages siwbm
cmaldoon wrote:Not Buying.... Not buying... NOT BUYING!!!! No room, no $. What the hell is up with woot this week, it's been AWFUL to have a SIWBM.

Oh, I dunno. Compared to a monkey on your back, we're cheaper and cleaner.

jmdavidson

cmaldoon wrote:Not Buying.... Not buying... NOT BUYING!!!! No room, no $. What the hell is up with woot this week, it's been AWFUL to have a SIWBM.

With the wines that have been up lately on other sites, maybe WW is upping the ante. As the competition heats up, so does the temptation to buy. My CC is taking a pounding this month.

North316

jmdavidson wrote:With the wines that have been up lately on other sites, maybe WW is upping the ante. As the competition heats up, so does the temptation to buy. My CC is taking a pounding this month.

Maybe I've grown immune to want, but the only thing even remotely tempting to me lately has been the WineSmith sampler, and I have 4 of the 12 bottles already, so wasn't tempted by anything other than the price.

My CT

bsevern

North316 wrote:Maybe I've grown immune to want, but the only thing even remotely tempting to me lately has been the WineSmith sampler, and I have 4 of the 12 bottles already, so wasn't tempted by anything other than the price.

I just bought four cases of WineSmith wines, including the sampler, this is going to be a tough month

fredrinaldi

quality posts: 34 Private Messages fredrinaldi
North316 wrote:Retail/List price is always based off of winery list price, not local or other internet-based retail.

Thats wat I thought but couldn't find Tasi Vinyards anywhere, seems they don't sell direct from what I could find on the net. weird

fredrinaldi

jmdavidson wrote:With the wines that have been up lately on other sites, maybe WW is upping the ante. As the competition heats up, so does the temptation to buy. My CC is taking a pounding this month.

4 of my last 5 deliveries have been from WTSO, Not a lot on WW that I want. This wootoff is lacking so far. Hell I even transfered $500 this morning to cover the woot off.

bsevern

fredrinaldi wrote:4 of my last 5 deliveries have been from WTSO, Not a lot on WW that I want. This wootoff is lacking so far. Hell I even transfered $500 this morning to cover the woot off.

All hell is going to break loose this fall, as I have a sh!tload of WTSO orders on summer heat hold....but they're piling up, lots of nice higher end juice, just chilling.

redwinefan

quality posts: 74 Private Messages redwinefan
bsevern wrote:All hell is going to break loose this fall, as I have a sh!tload of WTSO orders on summer heat hold....but they're piling up, lots of nice higher end juice, just chilling.

Yes, I'm scared to look how much I have holding there. Not as much as last summer... yet.

WTSO seems to be the price leader on deals lately.

"You need to invest in a corkscrew. Wine is for drinking." -- Peter Wellington

kylemittskus

bsevern wrote:I was thinking that too, especially only having to buy two bottles for free shipping.

Probably right about now.

bsevern

redwinefan wrote:Yes, I'm scared to look how much I have holding there. Not as much as last summer... yet.

WTSO seems to be the price leader on deals lately.

I took a quick look at what's chilling on my WTSO summer heat hold:

3 x 2010 Flora Springs Sangiovese Napa Valley
2 x 2009 Bordeaux Left Bank Chateau de Come Saint-Estephe
3 x 2007 94 Pt. Estate Cabernet Arger-Martucci Vineyards Atlas Peak, Napa
3 x 2009 Shadowood Cabernet Reserve Spring Mountain District Napa Valley
4 x 2007 Burgess Cellars Merlot Oak Knoll, Napa
1 x Brunello DOCG 3-pack Terralsole 2007 Lecciaia Manapetra 2006 La Fiorita 2005
1 x Burgundy 1er Cru 2-Pack Boillot Beaune Aux Cras '08 & Gaunoux Pommard Grand Epenots '10

klezman

quality posts: 120 Private Messages klezman
jmdavidson wrote:Just posted on Plati: Panza Petite Syrah Library Release 2003 Stags' Leap Ranch Quixote Winery Free Shipping on 2 or more. $21.99@ IMHO worth the price.

10 year old PS? I somebody in SoCal gets this I'll help with a bottle or two, just let me know.

2014: 28 bottles. Last wine.woot: Scott Harvey Red Re-Mix
2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

North316

fredrinaldi wrote:4 of my last 5 deliveries have been from WTSO, Not a lot on WW that I want. This wootoff is lacking so far. Hell I even transfered $500 this morning to cover the woot off.

I think the problem is they got this woot-off thing all backwards. It is now almost a complete re-hash of old offerings (and never with a price break like we would occassionally get in the past). I have said this lots of times. To increase the intrigue we need small lots of original, interesting, or more exclusive offerings, or just general new stuff. Then come back in a couple weeks or a month and offer some of them as daily deals.

My CT

kylemittskus

klezman wrote:10 year old PS? I somebody in SoCal gets this I'll help with a bottle or two, just let me know.

If you have access to plat, buy and we can trade 1 for the Esquito.

rjquillin

klezman wrote:10 year old PS? I somebody in SoCal gets this I'll help with a bottle or two, just let me know.

I'll bump my order; one or two?
Wondering where Sparky is...

CT

mbuffy

quality posts: 3 Private Messages mbuffy
bsevern wrote:I took a quick look at what's chilling on my WTSO summer heat hold:

1 x Brunello DOCG 3-pack Terralsole 2007 Lecciaia Manapetra 2006 La Fiorita 2005
1 x Burgundy 1er Cru 2-Pack Boillot Beaune Aux Cras '08 & Gaunoux Pommard Grand Epenots '10

I too have switched mostly away from wine.woot as there just isn't much that catches my eye anymore, and the deals just aren't good enough. Oh, and the lack of a summer heat hold has killed any purchasing by me here in the last several months.

I'd love a bit more higher-end stuff on here. I think the last WW I went in on was Jana Cathedral.

I currently have 9 bottles on summer hold with WTSO, 31 on hold with lastbottlewines, 12 with wine.com, 12 with Kapcscandy, and some unreal number with JJ Buckley. Now that I think about it, I'm going to need a bigger cellar, or I'm going to have to do some serious drinking over the next month and a half before they all arrive.

jmdavidson

And of course, today, Halcon sent out their pre-release order form. There will be no relief any time soon, will there?

klezman

rjquillin wrote:I'll bump my order; one or two?
Wondering where Sparky is...

Make it two, I guess, and I'll give Kyle one.

2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

kylemittskus

klezman wrote:Make it two, I guess, and I'll give Kyle one.

You guess?!

rjquillin

klezman wrote:Make it two, I guess, and I'll give Kyle one.

Missed it, new offer up.
Work/meeting/commuting got in the way.
Grumbles, sorry.

CT

klezman

rjquillin wrote:Missed it, new offer up.
Work/meeting/commuting got in the way.
Grumbles, sorry.

No problem...one less bottle to worry about. This is why I don't have WTSO Plat. It's too much to try to resist all the time.

klezman

kylemittskus wrote:You guess?!

The "I guess" was on two rather than 3 or more. Not on giving you one

rjquillin

klezman wrote:No problem...one less bottle to worry about. This is why I don't have WTSO Plat. It's too much to try to resist all the time.

I did send off a query, just in case some remain unclaimed..

CT

fredrinaldi

bsevern wrote:I took a quick look at what's chilling on my WTSO summer heat hold:

NICE !!!

fredrinaldi

North316 wrote:I think the problem is they got this woot-off thing all backwards. It is now almost a complete re-hash of old offerings (and never with a price break like we would occassionally get in the past). I have said this lots of times. To increase the intrigue we need small lots of original, interesting, or more exclusive offerings, or just general new stuff. Then come back in a couple weeks or a month and offer some of them as daily deals.

Dead nuts on North, don't want to bag on Amazon, but it aint been the same...........just saying

fredrinaldi

mbuffy wrote:I too have switched mostly away from wine.woot as there just isn't much that catches my eye anymore, and the deals just aren't good enough. Oh, and the lack of a summer heat hold has killed any purchasing by me here in the last several months.

I'd love a bit more higher-end stuff on here. I think the last WW I went in on was Jana Cathedral.

I currently have 9 bottles on summer hold with WTSO, 31 on hold with lastbottlewines, 12 with wine.com, 12 with Kapcscandy, and some unreal number with JJ Buckley. Now that I think about it, I'm going to need a bigger cellar, or I'm going to have to do some serious drinking over the next month and a half before they all arrive.

agree.... the Tasi that started the woot off at $8.08 each I get at a local wine shop for $8.09 a bottle

BTW got a couple of Jana Cathedral sleeping right now, nice stuff

sdwindansea

quality posts: 3 Private Messages sdwindansea
fredrinaldi wrote:agree.... the Tasi that started the woot off at $8.08 each I get at a local wine shop for $8.09 a bottle

BTW got a couple of Jana Cathedral sleeping right now, nice stuff

I agree with everyone's complaints about wine.woot recently (lack of new items, price, lack of combined shipping). However, the one thing that keeps me here are these forums. I learn a ton about a particular wine, varietals and wine in general for the members and winery participation. You just don't get that anywhere else that I've found.

jmdavidson

The cruelty of deals continues:
WTSO: Eagles Trace Cabernet Conn Valley 2008 Napa Valley Free Shipping on 3 or more ($29.99)

bdlsmoran

quality posts: 2 Private Messages bdlsmoran
sdwindansea wrote:I agree with everyone's complaints about wine.woot recently (lack of new items, price, lack of combined shipping). However, the one thing that keeps me here are these forums. I learn a ton about a particular wine, varietals and wine in general for the members and winery participation. You just don't get that anywhere else that I've found.

+1

jawlz

quality posts: 12 Private Messages jawlz
fredrinaldi wrote:Dead nuts on North, don't want to bag on Amazon, but it aint been the same...........just saying

IMO, with a few exceptions here and there, it hasn't been the same since w.w switched to a deal a day as opposed to 1 or 2 a week.

cmaldoon

quality posts: 62 Private Messages cmaldoon
jmdavidson wrote:The cruelty of deals continues:
WTSO: Eagles Trace Cabernet Conn Valley 2008 Napa Valley Free Shipping on 3 or more ($29.99)

In.... Picked up 3 so I can try one immediately

2014 - 20 Btl. Fjellene (10 bot), Urraca Chard (10 bot)
Last purchase: 5/3/14

2013 - 75 btl. 2012 - 98 btl. 2011 - 112 btl. 2010 - 30 btl.
My Cellar

bsevern

jmdavidson wrote:The cruelty of deals continues:

Even though I'm working up a SIBM, Eagles Trace is an AUTO-BUY for me!!

jmdavidson

cmaldoon wrote:In.... Picked up 3 so I can try one immediately

Along with the 07 offer in June, we have a mini-v.

trifecta

quality posts: 71 Private Messages trifecta
bsevern wrote:Even though I'm working up a SIBM, Eagles Trace is an AUTO-BUY for me!!

I'll take one off someone in the bay if they can spare it. Can't justify 3.