mommadeb1


quality posts: 18 Private Messages mommadeb1
blakewoot wrote:$16 for a magnum of drinkable CDR? Why not? I bought one.



duh didn't pick up on the fact it was a magnum...got one for thanksgiving crowd...

North316


quality posts: 107 Private Messages North316
chipgreen wrote:Heck yeah! I bought two, thought about it, then bought two more.

EDIT: and... gone - surprised it lasted as long as it did



It's been up a couple of times.

My CT
"Trust your homies on the net", Clark Smith.
R.I.P. Inkycatz - Feb. 2013

mommadeb1


quality posts: 18 Private Messages mommadeb1

crap... should be looking for some cheap sweet white wine for my thanksgiving crowd..

aietes


quality posts: 0 Private Messages aietes

Do we have any idea how much longer the sale will be going on? It's been slowing down markedly since this afternoon, with several lacklustre wines staying up for about an hour each.

blakewoot


quality posts: 11 Private Messages blakewoot

Bisou is back on LB. Fred? Are you still up?

klezman


quality posts: 130 Private Messages klezman
tytiger58 wrote:Bought a few big boys today

1 Domaine Trimbach Riesling Cuvee Frederic Emile 2006
1 Mr. K The Noble Man 2002 Half Bottle
1 Rene Rostaing Cote Rotie Ampodium 2010
1 Dunn Cabernet Sauvignon Howell Mountain 2009
1Von Hovel Sharzhofberg Riesling Kabinett 2008
2 Keating Cabernet Sauvignon Beckstoffer Georges III 2009



Let me know if you want help with that Mr K...

2014: 57 bottles. Last wine.woot: 2011 Wellington Cab & Merlot, Roessler 2009 Bluejay, 2010 Bell Cabernet
2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

joed10303


quality posts: 1 Private Messages joed10303
chipgreen wrote:Perrin Reserve Rouge Cotes du Rhone MAGNUM 2009 for $16 on LB



Dont see how they make any money on a $16 mag shipped. The last time i got one it came in its own box.

tytiger58


quality posts: 74 Private Messages tytiger58
klezman wrote:Let me know if you want help with that Mr K...



Why the heck do you think I buy that rocket fuel? So you guys will want to drink more often

And it's the only way to get Kyle out of the house

What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch? ~ W. C. Fields

“Freedom is something that dies unless it's used” Hunter S Thompson




kylemittskus


quality posts: 233 Private Messages kylemittskus
tytiger58 wrote:Why the heck do you think I buy that rocket fuel? So you guys will want to drink more often

And it's the only way to get Kyle out of the house



Uh... true.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

cmaldoon


quality posts: 62 Private Messages cmaldoon

On LB right now :En Tirage late disgorged (17 years in bottle on lees) Cali champagne

Had this before. VERY interesting and quite worthwhile trying. Lots of complexity. My favorite champagne for thinking about (not for pounding)

2014 - 20 Btl. Fjellene (10 bot), Urraca Chard (10 bot)
Last purchase: 5/3/14

2013 - 75 btl. 2012 - 98 btl. 2011 - 112 btl. 2010 - 30 btl.
My Cellar

fredrinaldi


quality posts: 42 Private Messages fredrinaldi
blakewoot wrote:Bisou is back on LB. Fred? Are you still up?



yep

fredrinaldi


quality posts: 42 Private Messages fredrinaldi

also picked up 4 Red Heads Moonlighters Cabernet Blend 2010 on WTSO


fredrinaldi


quality posts: 42 Private Messages fredrinaldi

one nice thing with the surgery is I get to watch the Little League World Series, always a Blast, if you have never watched it you should. the "West" team has a 6 ft 4 inch 13 year old who pitched a no-no yesterday.
Tonight wine a Alexander Valley Vineyards, Cab & a Bristol Farms Rib Eye, nice wine, great steak.

bsevern


quality posts: 110 Private Messages bsevern
fredrinaldi wrote:also picked up 4 Red Heads Moonlighters Cabernet Blend 2010 on WTSO


I thought about going in on these, but they're so young.

Is the Bisou worth the $$?

So far, I'm in for:

6 - Stone Paddock Late Harvest Semillon (Isabella) HALF BOTTLE 2006
1 - Mr. K The Noble Man 2002 Half Bottle
1 - Perrin Cornuds Vinsobres 2008
1 - Oliver Hill Malbec Rutherford 2008
1 - Uvaggio Nebbiolo Il Leopardo 2002
1 - Harrington Pinot Noir Gap's Crown 2008
1 - Perrin Reserve Rouge Cotes du Rhone MAGNUM 2009
1 - Chateau Puy Arnaud Cotes de Castillon MAGNUM 2004
1 - Chumeia Zinfandel Dante Dusi Vineyard 2007
2 - Arrowhead Mountain Arrowhead Reserve 2006
1 - Lurton Tierra de Luna Syrah/Malbec 2010
1 - Celler de l'Encastell Marge Priorat 2008
1 - Mas Que Vinos La Plazuela 2005
2 - Sawyer Merlot Rutherford 2004

Good thing I just landed a 440 bottle Vinotheque



chipgreen


quality posts: 207 Private Messages chipgreen

Limited myself to 1 mixed case + 4 of the $16 CdR Magnums on LB. Not even going to look at it anymore in order to avoid temptation, so my final haul is;

1 Arrowhead Mountain Arrowhead Reserve 2006
1 Perrot Minot Nuits St. Georges Les Murgers V.V. 2010
2 James Johnson Bisou Cabernet Sauvignon 2007
2 R.L. Buller Fine Muscat (Half Bottle) N.V.
2 Marquis Philips Gramercy Tavern Riesling 2008
2 Thibault Liger Belair Moulin Roche 2010
2 Chumeia Zinfandel Dante Dusi Vineyard 2007
4 Perrin Reserve Rouge Cotes du Rhone MAGNUM 2009

bsevern


quality posts: 110 Private Messages bsevern
chipgreen wrote:Limited myself to 1 mixed case + 4 of the $16 CdR Magnums on LB. Not even going to look at it anymore in order to avoid temptation, so my final haul is;

1 Arrowhead Mountain Arrowhead Reserve 2006
1 Perrot Minot Nuits St. Georges Les Murgers V.V. 2010
2 James Johnson Bisou Cabernet Sauvignon 2007
2 R.L. Buller Fine Muscat (Half Bottle) N.V.
2 Marquis Philips Gramercy Tavern Riesling 2008
2 Thibault Liger Belair Moulin Roche 2010
2 Chumeia Zinfandel Dante Dusi Vineyard 2007
4 Perrin Reserve Rouge Cotes du Rhone MAGNUM 2009




One case was my original goal too...didn't exactly work out as planned. The good news is that the Marathon is now officially over

chipgreen


quality posts: 207 Private Messages chipgreen
bsevern wrote:One case was my original goal too...didn't exactly work out as planned. The good news is that the Marathon is now officially over


Can't blame you for jumping on those $7 Stone Paddock LH Semillons. I was really tempted but thought that would open up the door to yet another mixed case. If I had known it was about to end I would have picked up a few, oh well. Maybe next time around - hopefully you'll get a chance to taste it in the meantime so I can see notes from a palate that I trust.

klezman


quality posts: 130 Private Messages klezman
bsevern wrote:One case was my original goal too...didn't exactly work out as planned. The good news is that the Marathon is now officially over



So the Benenti Barbera isn't part of the marathon? Anybody have thoughts on that one?

2014: 57 bottles. Last wine.woot: 2011 Wellington Cab & Merlot, Roessler 2009 Bluejay, 2010 Bell Cabernet
2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

fredrinaldi


quality posts: 42 Private Messages fredrinaldi

Club Lealtanza 2005
Rioja Reserva
Bodegas Altanza
95 WA! on WTSO Plat. any comments 95 points looks tempting.

tytiger58


quality posts: 74 Private Messages tytiger58
klezman wrote:So the Benenti Barbera isn't part of the marathon? Anybody have thoughts on that one?



I have the Barbera d'Alba and it is well worth the $$ very rustic and a great food wine.

What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch? ~ W. C. Fields

“Freedom is something that dies unless it's used” Hunter S Thompson




klezman


quality posts: 130 Private Messages klezman
tytiger58 wrote:I have the Barbera d'Alba and it is well worth the $$ very rustic and a great food wine.



Turns out this one is Dolcetto. Also a good grape, but I also realized with winesmith up and the wootception and wine tasting shenanigans next weekend I must not buy other stuff. Oh, and we stopped at K&L yesterday, they were having a Bdx tasting and I ended up getting a couple bottles of $20 Margaux. And ran into the time2testits. Win.

2014: 57 bottles. Last wine.woot: 2011 Wellington Cab & Merlot, Roessler 2009 Bluejay, 2010 Bell Cabernet
2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

tytiger58


quality posts: 74 Private Messages tytiger58
klezman wrote:Turns out this one is Dolcetto. Also a good grape, but I also realized with winesmith up and the wootception and wine tasting shenanigans next weekend I must not buy other stuff. Oh, and we stopped at K&L yesterday, they were having a Bdx tasting and I ended up getting a couple bottles of $20 Margaux. And ran into the time2testits. Win.



Hmmmm I don't remember getting an invite to that I guess your just trying to torture me...which Margaux??

What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch? ~ W. C. Fields

“Freedom is something that dies unless it's used” Hunter S Thompson




klezman


quality posts: 130 Private Messages klezman
tytiger58 wrote:Hmmmm I don't remember getting an invite to that I guess your just trying to torture me...which Margaux??



It was a total fluke...with my dad visiting and his love for bargains I though K&L would be fun for him. The Margaux is 2010 Chateau La Tour de Bessan. Also picked up a 1999 Bdx for $20.

2014: 57 bottles. Last wine.woot: 2011 Wellington Cab & Merlot, Roessler 2009 Bluejay, 2010 Bell Cabernet
2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

tytiger58


quality posts: 74 Private Messages tytiger58
klezman wrote:It was a total fluke...with my dad visiting and his love for bargains I though K&L would be fun for him. The Margaux is 2010 Chateau La Tour de Bessan. Also picked up a 1999 Bdx for $20.



I'm in for a couple...did you get to try it?

What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch? ~ W. C. Fields

“Freedom is something that dies unless it's used” Hunter S Thompson




klezman


quality posts: 130 Private Messages klezman
tytiger58 wrote:I'm in for a couple...did you get to try it?



The Bessan? Yes...it was the clear QPR winner of the tasting of 10 Bordeaux. Included in those 10 were recent releases of Latour's second and third wines, a white Bdx, a 2005 Suduiraut Sauternes, other 2009/10 Bdx, and a taste each of a 2004 and 1999. The 2004 at $17 was the second best QPR, but was complete as the Bressan.

2014: 57 bottles. Last wine.woot: 2011 Wellington Cab & Merlot, Roessler 2009 Bluejay, 2010 Bell Cabernet
2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

bsevern


quality posts: 110 Private Messages bsevern

Any thoughts on the 1993 Schwaab-Kiebel Erdener Treppchen Rieslings on Garagiste ?

klezman


quality posts: 130 Private Messages klezman
bsevern wrote:Any thoughts on the 1993 Schwaab-Kiebel Erdener Treppchen Rieslings on Garagiste ?



We ordered two of each...hoping they're good. If so, it's a steal.

2014: 57 bottles. Last wine.woot: 2011 Wellington Cab & Merlot, Roessler 2009 Bluejay, 2010 Bell Cabernet
2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

mbuffy


quality posts: 3 Private Messages mbuffy

The bad thing about the LastBottle marathons is that I don't really pay attention to what all I have bought until it is too late and my pocketbook is hurting.

Last time I around I ended up with both some Mr. K Straw Man and Noble Man -- can't complain. This time I skipped on the Mr. K (because I already got some) but ended up with...

2010 Perrot Minot Chambolle Musigny Les Echanges 1er Cru
2005 Grace Family Vineyard Cabernet Sauvignon
1998 Certan-Giraud Pomerol Bordeaux
2010 Domaine Grand Veneur Vieilles Vignes Chateauneuf-du-Pape
2006 Seven Stones Cabernet Napa Valley
2006 L'Evangile Pomerol Bordeaux
2008 Stags Leap Cabernet Sauvignon
2003 Moet Chandon Dom Perignon
2002 Grace Family Vineyard Cabernet Sauvignon
1999 Colgin Cariad Proprietary Red
2006 Grace Family Vineyard Cabernet Sauvignon

and last but not least...

2010 Cos d'Estournel (Magnum) which is close to the most expensive bottle I have ever purchased, not including Bordeaux futures.

JOATMON


quality posts: 20 Private Messages JOATMON

Does anybody have any info on the current LB offering of Iberian Remix white?

Juvie: 30+24+4; Sellout: 6+7+0
Rags: 3+2+3
Drunk: 69+94+15 wine, 20+29+4 non-wine
Rugrat: 0+0+0; Refunded: 2+3+1
(as of 2011-03-02)

sdwindansea


quality posts: 4 Private Messages sdwindansea
JOATMON wrote:Does anybody have any info on the current LB offering of Iberian Remix white?



I really couldn't find much but I still pulled the trigger. After a bunch of searching I see it offered in various food pairings at various restaurants. It is "only" $13/glass at Mandalay Bay in Vegas as well. My wife and I both enjoy this style of wine and we, so it seemed worth the risk at this price point.

redwinefan


quality posts: 74 Private Messages redwinefan
JOATMON wrote:Does anybody have any info on the current LB offering of Iberian Remix white?



Here is a review I found of the 2012:


I started with a 2012 albariño ($8.50), a Spanish white grown in Edna Valley from a brand called Remix. I have no problem with whites served too cold, which they almost always are. By cupping the glass in both hands for a few minutes, it’s easy to bring a white to a temperature where one can actually taste it. My hands, however, were just this side of frostbitten because this wine, which came from a tap, took forever to warm up.

This American albariño was indeed bright and fresh, but it isn’t very varietal. Albariño from Rías Baixas, from where the best Iberian “Albars” come, are steely and minerally, even with some peat aromas. But most have become like most pinot grigios, nondescript and uninteresting. So what we had here was a Cali Albar, from the tap. So what did I expect?

The Remix has some redeeming qualities, such as the aforementioned brightness with some citrus flavor. But pairing it with a shaved celery salad, as I did, which was drowned in a creamy white balsamic and sweetened by dates, rendered the wine sour.


http://www.tablehopper.com/wino/checking-lists-a-critical-look-at-restaurant-wine-by-alan-goldfarb-kitchen-door/

"You need to invest in a corkscrew. Wine is for drinking." -- Peter Wellington

random122


quality posts: 6 Private Messages random122

This is kinda interesting - Alaska Airlines/Oregon Wines

kylemittskus


quality posts: 233 Private Messages kylemittskus
redwinefan wrote:http://www.tablehopper.com/wino/checking-lists-a-critical-look-at-restaurant-wine-by-alan-goldfarb-kitchen-door/



He paired it with balsamic dressing. Pretty tough for any wine.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

redwinefan


quality posts: 74 Private Messages redwinefan
kylemittskus wrote:He paired it with balsamic dressing. Pretty tough for any wine.



Yes, kind of odd since it's almost like his blaming the wine for his bad pairing choice.

"You need to invest in a corkscrew. Wine is for drinking." -- Peter Wellington

blakewoot


quality posts: 11 Private Messages blakewoot

Chateauneuf-Du-Pape La Mitre 2010 for $22.99 with FS on 4 looks pretty good over at WTSO. And they can ship to NY! (ahem...) I went in for 4.

jmdavidson


quality posts: 59 Private Messages jmdavidson

Anyone with any thoughts about the 2004 Astrale e Terra Atlas Peak Estate Merlot up on WineSpies today?

North316


quality posts: 107 Private Messages North316
jmdavidson wrote:Anyone with any thoughts about the 2004 Astrale e Terra Atlas Peak Estate Merlot up on WineSpies today?



Probably can't go wrong, since Scott made it, but at $24 that's almost twice what we paid for the same vintage of Syrah on Woot.

My CT
"Trust your homies on the net", Clark Smith.
R.I.P. Inkycatz - Feb. 2013

bsevern


quality posts: 110 Private Messages bsevern

Oliver Hill Cabernet Sauvignon Oakville 2006 $19/bottle, FS on 6....seems like a good deal, but the only review I could find was on the 2005. Looks like this was a value Napa Cab to begin with, but could be a nice wine, 2006's are drinking very well right now.

PM me if you need a Lastbottlewines.com referral

fredrinaldi


quality posts: 42 Private Messages fredrinaldi

where does the numbers come from for the wines offered? this morning
"Tasi 2009 California Merlot Case
$89.99 $̶2̶1̶6̶.̶0̶0̶ 58% off List Price"

with $7 shipping $97, or what $8.08 each.

at Mel & Rose Wine and Spirits in L.A. today and everyday (as I have bought for the wife over the year) $8.99 a bottle 10% off on a case is $8.09 a bottle,

where does the $216 quoted come from to get a 58% discount?

fredrinaldi


quality posts: 42 Private Messages fredrinaldi
bsevern wrote:Oliver Hill Cabernet Sauvignon Oakville 2006 $19/bottle, FS on 6....seems like a good deal, but the only review I could find was on the 2005. Looks like this was a value Napa Cab to begin with, but could be a nice wine, 2006's are drinking very well right now.

PM me if you need a Lastbottlewines.com referral



gone