losthighwayz


quality posts: 59 Private Messages losthighwayz
tytiger58 wrote:Crap I need to be less selfish but it was one of those rush moments, got the call driving home...tell you what let's try to set up a Friday or Sunday casual bottle or three soon and I will pop the 07 Spaniard that has been calling me lately. Plus if you want one of the 09's I have it for you!

Email me what dates are good for you and your better half and anyone else who likes to drink wine



Better half and I are down to get together again. Sundays work best because of traffic though Fridays are doable. Would you (and other wooters) be willing to come down our way sometime?

"The older I get the better I was"

tytiger58


quality posts: 74 Private Messages tytiger58
losthighwayz wrote:Better half and I are down to get together again. Sundays work best because of traffic though Fridays are doable. Would you (and other wooters) be willing to come down our way sometime?



Absolutely on Sundays!

What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch? ~ W. C. Fields

“Freedom is something that dies unless it's used” Hunter S Thompson




rjquillin


quality posts: 173 Private Messages rjquillin
losthighwayz wrote:Better half and I are down to get together again. Sundays work best because of traffic though Fridays are doable. Would you (and other wooters) be willing to come down our way sometime?

Where is 'down our way', approximately?

CT

losthighwayz


quality posts: 59 Private Messages losthighwayz
rjquillin wrote:Where is 'down our way', approximately?



Whittier...about 10 miles North of Tim's off the 605 or 5 Freeways

"The older I get the better I was"

losthighwayz


quality posts: 59 Private Messages losthighwayz
tytiger58 wrote:Absolutely on Sundays!



Sounds like a plan. Let me know what works this month

"The older I get the better I was"

klezman


quality posts: 122 Private Messages klezman
tytiger58 wrote:Crap I need to be less selfish but it was one of those rush moments, got the call driving home...tell you what let's try to set up a Friday or Sunday casual bottle or three soon and I will pop the 07 Spaniard that has been calling me lately. Plus if you want one of the 09's I have it for you!

Email me what dates are good for you and your better half and anyone else who likes to drink wine



Hahaha...no worries my friend! Weekends are busy the rest of the month, but there are weeknights. Or I'll see if my dad or the other visiting friends want to join in.

2014: 28 bottles. Last wine.woot: Scott Harvey Red Re-Mix
2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

klezman


quality posts: 122 Private Messages klezman
losthighwayz wrote:Did you get a chance to order the Wine Smith?



Not yet...need to get back on this time zone and sort things out and see about the total cost, send emails, and such.

2014: 28 bottles. Last wine.woot: Scott Harvey Red Re-Mix
2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

chipgreen


quality posts: 187 Private Messages chipgreen

Michel-Schlumberger
'Valerie's Vineyard' Cab Sauv
Dry Creek Valley 2010

$19.99 on WTSO, FS on 4

jmdavidson


quality posts: 57 Private Messages jmdavidson

Wineshopper has a 2008 Teso La Manja Toro Victorino for $24.99. Very strong CT reviews (94.1 by 42 user reviews).

North316


quality posts: 107 Private Messages North316
jmdavidson wrote:Wineshopper has a 2008 Teso La Manja Toro Victorino for $24.99. Very strong CT reviews (94.1 by 42 user reviews).



Definitely sounds interesting, though I am somewhat skeptical of the high CT ratings. Just want to point out that the three people that make up half of those ratings, give an average CT rating of 90 on all of their tasting notes.

Obviously I am only speculating here, but these guys appear to rate things on the much higher side, and its likely that other ratings were persuaded by some of these high numbers.

With that being said, this descriptions of the wine still sound delicious, and even if that CT rating boils down to a realistic 90 or 91, seems like a good buy. Too bad I'm not buying these days.

My CT
"Trust your homies on the net", Clark Smith.
R.I.P. Inkycatz - Feb. 2013

bsevern


quality posts: 109 Private Messages bsevern
klezman wrote:Not yet...need to get back on this time zone and sort things out and see about the total cost, send emails, and such.



Was there a WineSmith coupon? Was it in the Chard pack he did a couple months ago on woot? I got that, but don't recall a coupon.

rjquillin


quality posts: 173 Private Messages rjquillin
bsevern wrote:Was there a WineSmith coupon? Was it in the Chard pack he did a couple months ago on woot? I got that, but don't recall a coupon.


Mine came on a postcard, delivered to FedEx. Good thing they like me there and also give me my USPS mail!

CT

bsevern


quality posts: 109 Private Messages bsevern
rjquillin wrote:Mine came on a postcard, delivered to FedEx. Good thing they like me there and also give me my USPS mail!



Ah that hand written post card...OK, I have that. I wonder if that applies to the WineSmith Postmodern Winemaking Sampler - Mixed Case at 36% off: $214.40.

1 × 2005 WineSmith “Crucible” Napa Cabernet Sauvignon
1 × 2006 WineSmith Sonoma County Cabernet Franc
1 × 2005 WineSmith “2nd Fiddle” Fiddlestix Vineyard Pinot Noir
1 × 2003 WineSmith Napa Valley Chardonnay
1 × 2004 WineSmith Napa Valley “Faux Chablis”
1 × 2009 PennyFarthing Chardonnay
2 × 2007 PennyFarthing Pinot Noir
2 × 2007 PennyFarthing Barbera
2 × PennyFarthing NV Dry Rose

tytiger58


quality posts: 74 Private Messages tytiger58

Anyone see the price of the SRT on last bottle...flew by so fast I never saw it

What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch? ~ W. C. Fields

“Freedom is something that dies unless it's used” Hunter S Thompson




redwinefan


quality posts: 74 Private Messages redwinefan
tytiger58 wrote:Anyone see the price of the SRT on last bottle...flew by so fast I never saw it



$40/bottle, free shipping on 4. Seems to be similar to prices elsewhere (except that you get free shipping)

"You need to invest in a corkscrew. Wine is for drinking." -- Peter Wellington

rjquillin


quality posts: 173 Private Messages rjquillin
tytiger58 wrote:Anyone see the price of the SRT on last bottle...flew by so fast I never saw it


No duh, history says $40. Think that could have anything to do with it?

CT

tytiger58


quality posts: 74 Private Messages tytiger58
redwinefan wrote:$40/bottle, free shipping on 4. Seems to be similar to prices elsewhere (except that you get free shipping)



Yea same price as WL but I have some LB credits I could have used (thanks Kyle)..dang it!

What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch? ~ W. C. Fields

“Freedom is something that dies unless it's used” Hunter S Thompson




kylemittskus


quality posts: 229 Private Messages kylemittskus
tytiger58 wrote:Yea same price as WL but I have some LB credits I could have used (thanks Kyle)..dang it!



What did I do?!

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

North316


quality posts: 107 Private Messages North316
kylemittskus wrote:What did I do?!



It's what you didn't do that is the problem.

My CT
"Trust your homies on the net", Clark Smith.
R.I.P. Inkycatz - Feb. 2013

tytiger58


quality posts: 74 Private Messages tytiger58
kylemittskus wrote:What did I do?!



I vaguely remember you saying that when you signed up that I would get credits when you first ordered?? You ordered something recently and I got credits

What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch? ~ W. C. Fields

“Freedom is something that dies unless it's used” Hunter S Thompson




rjquillin


quality posts: 173 Private Messages rjquillin
tytiger58 wrote:I vaguely remember you saying that when you signed up that I would get credits when you first ordered?? You ordered something recently and I got credits

You mean there were actually some of us that could give/receive credits among us..?
And speaking of WL, just got this;
Although we are unable to fill the portion of your order today shown below, most items that we stock can be readily re-ordered and will arrive at our warehouse shortly to complete your order.

CT

North316


quality posts: 107 Private Messages North316
rjquillin wrote:You mean there were actually some of us that could give/receive credits among us..?



You can always give/receive credits, just keep creating new accounts. I think I have about 4 LB accounts. I think I creates at least one new one each time they do a marathon sale. Not sure that I have ever paid full-price there.

My CT
"Trust your homies on the net", Clark Smith.
R.I.P. Inkycatz - Feb. 2013

cmaldoon


quality posts: 62 Private Messages cmaldoon
redwinefan wrote:$40/bottle, free shipping on 4. Seems to be similar to prices elsewhere (except that you get free shipping)



My 2009 SRT came in at $30 each plus $25 shipping on 6 so $34 each. From WL on Presale

2014 - 20 Btl. Fjellene (10 bot), Urraca Chard (10 bot)
Last purchase: 5/3/14

2013 - 75 btl. 2012 - 98 btl. 2011 - 112 btl. 2010 - 30 btl.
My Cellar

tytiger58


quality posts: 74 Private Messages tytiger58
cmaldoon wrote:My 2009 SRT came in at $30 each plus $25 shipping on 6 so $34 each. From WL on Presale



Thats right it's 29.99 at WL...pm for you

What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch? ~ W. C. Fields

“Freedom is something that dies unless it's used” Hunter S Thompson




kylemittskus


quality posts: 229 Private Messages kylemittskus
tytiger58 wrote:I vaguely remember you saying that when you signed up that I would get credits when you first ordered?? You ordered something recently and I got credits



Oh. I thought I was being cursed. You benefited from the credits I got from someone else who signed up when we ordered those bubbles (that haven't shipped, yet).

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

tytiger58


quality posts: 74 Private Messages tytiger58
kylemittskus wrote:Oh. I thought I was being cursed. You benefited from the credits I got from someone else who signed up when we ordered those bubbles (that haven't shipped, yet).



yea I have plenty of things to curse you for but this is not one

What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch? ~ W. C. Fields

“Freedom is something that dies unless it's used” Hunter S Thompson




bsevern


quality posts: 109 Private Messages bsevern
redwinefan wrote:$40/bottle, free shipping on 4. Seems to be similar to prices elsewhere (except that you get free shipping)



There's a wine store in Berkely that has it for $32, is it that good?

kylemittskus


quality posts: 229 Private Messages kylemittskus
bsevern wrote:There's a wine store in Berkely that has it for $32, is it that good?



Big, new world wine with some sensibility. Pretty damn delicious.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

trifecta


quality posts: 72 Private Messages trifecta
rjquillin wrote:Mine came on a postcard, delivered to FedEx. Good thing they like me there and also give me my USPS mail!



That must be why I never got one.... what was the deal?

chipgreen


quality posts: 187 Private Messages chipgreen
trifecta wrote:That must be why I never got one.... what was the deal?


PM

bdlsmoran


quality posts: 2 Private Messages bdlsmoran

Last bottle Marathon Madness coming soon. Should have some more details today.

trifecta


quality posts: 72 Private Messages trifecta
bdlsmoran wrote:Last bottle Marathon Madness coming soon. Should have some more details today.



How'd you get the inside scoop?

And this is always a danger to the wallet

North316


quality posts: 107 Private Messages North316
trifecta wrote:How'd you get the inside scoop?

And this is always a danger to the wallet



Agreed. Free shipping on any quantity...the way it should be done!

My CT
"Trust your homies on the net", Clark Smith.
R.I.P. Inkycatz - Feb. 2013

bdlsmoran


quality posts: 2 Private Messages bdlsmoran
trifecta wrote:How'd you get the inside scoop?

And this is always a danger to the wallet



No real inside scoop, LB posted on Facebook

joed10303


quality posts: 0 Private Messages joed10303
cmaldoon wrote:My 2009 SRT came in at $30 each plus $25 shipping on 6 so $34 each. From WL on Presale



A few 2006 SRT still $30 @ WL .

rjquillin


quality posts: 173 Private Messages rjquillin
joed10303 wrote:A few 2006 SRT still $30 @ WL .

It appears they self propagate upon purchase.

CT

spammie


quality posts: 7 Private Messages spammie
bsevern wrote:Ah that hand written post card...OK, I have that. I wonder if that applies to the WineSmith Postmodern Winemaking Sampler - Mixed Case at 36% off: $214.40.




As far as I can tell, that price reflects the 20% discount.

If you add it to the shopping cart it shows up as $335 minus "Coupon CASE15" @ $67 (the 20% case discount) and minus "Coupon YOURDISCOUNT" (20% off the remainder @ $53.60) for a total of $214.40.

In contrast, the other wine prices listed don't appear to include the 20% discount, but it shows up in the cart.

bsevern


quality posts: 109 Private Messages bsevern
bdlsmoran wrote:Last bottle Marathon Madness coming soon. Should have some more details today.



These are so much fun, I always end up with a case and some odd ball wines, but have picked up some real gems. The poor wallet

Starting tomorrow at 9AM sharp, we are embracing the madness of harvest and HAVING OUR BIGGEST BLOWOUT EVER -- HUNDREDS, POSSIBLY THOUSANDS, of unbelievable bargains from every corner of Planet Earth. Seriously - more BURGUNDY, cult Cabs, and Bordeaux than ever, not to mention large formats, older vintages, and hot-off-the-press goodies…all at market-crushing prices. It's easily OUR BIGGEST MARATHON YET (we say that every time but it's true- they just keep getting more massive)! Plus, FREE GROUND SHIPPING on ALL ORDERS! TRUE Madness.

bdlsmoran


quality posts: 2 Private Messages bdlsmoran

2013 HARVEST MARATHON MADNESS! Bring it on!!

Here in Napa, the grape harvest is heating up in a big way and we at Last Bottle are feeling the electricity big time. Grape trucks are clogging the roads, winemakers are frantically cleaning equipment and prepping their crush pads for hundreds of tons of grapes arriving at any time. These brave souls, facing the next three months of 14-hour days and innumerable logistical grape nightmares, have been saying to us: "dudes, we need some GOOD WINE, LOTS OF IT, and CHEAP!!" To them, and to you, dear reader, we say: MARATHON ON!!!

Starting tomorrow at 9AM sharp, we are embracing the madness of harvest and HAVING OUR BIGGEST BLOWOUT EVER -- HUNDREDS, POSSIBLY THOUSANDS, of unbelievable bargains from every corner of Planet Earth. Seriously - more BURGUNDY, cult Cabs, and Bordeaux than ever, not to mention large formats, older vintages, and hot-off-the-press goodies…all at market-crushing prices. It's easily OUR BIGGEST MARATHON YET (we say that every time but it's true- they just keep getting more massive)! Plus, FREE GROUND SHIPPING on ALL ORDERS! TRUE Madness.

Most of you know the drill - for the newcomers (welcome, you are going to LOVE this), here is the magic, the madness about to ensue: for the next 2 days (or until we completely run out of wine, which is likely) wines will appear at breakneck speed on the website, and flip VERY quickly as they sell out. These are wines we get in limited quantities at crazy-good pricing, generally not enough to send out an email on, and you won't get any emails for the next two days, either. You'll need to keep hitting the "REFRESH" button on your browser to catch them all (the more you refresh, the more you will see, some sell out in seconds...!). That's it- madness it is, and all first come, first served!!

Finally - All orders placed during this marathon will be combined. We will require several weeks to stage and coordinate all the shipping, and we promise to contact you the moment your orders are ready to discuss your options depending where you live and the weather.

Raise your glass to vintage 2013 - it's gonna be great!! Thanks to everyone in advance - we love you guys!

bsevern


quality posts: 109 Private Messages bsevern
spammie wrote:As far as I can tell, that price reflects the 20% discount.

If you add it to the shopping cart it shows up as $335 minus "Coupon CASE15" @ $67 (the 20% case discount) and minus "Coupon YOURDISCOUNT" (20% off the remainder @ $53.60) for a total of $214.40.

In contrast, the other wine prices listed don't appear to include the 20% discount, but it shows up in the cart.



Yeah I played around w/the coupon. Interestingly it shows in the cart, but so does the already included discount, and you only get one. Bummer it would've been a sweet deal at ~ $160