jmdavidson

quality posts: 57 Private Messages jmdavidson

LB has an 09 chianti reserva ($20) whose tasting notes sound pretty good. Anyone in Chi-town want to split 6 to save on shipping?

bsevern

quality posts: 110 Private Messages bsevern

Bummer the 2003 Broadbent Port on PTSO didn't have better reviews, seems like a fair deal....but reviews are lackluster.

klezman

quality posts: 126 Private Messages klezman
trifecta wrote:Need a pm.... so I know how much cash to bring

Cash? For what? I owe you for wine in our backlog, but that's for another time after Hawley releases that 2010.

2014: 42 bottles. Last wine.woot: 2012 Iron Horse Estate Chardonnay
2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

klezman

tytiger58 wrote:Yes I was a club member...I really wish I could make it but just can't do that weekend sometimes SWMBO schedule wins dang it.

Aw, I thought she was going to move stuff around to make the trip! Sad. As one of the LA folks who actually *drink* wine you'd definitely enjoy this party.

Calls from Twisted Oak with excellent discounts are most certainly the kind of thing I'm happy to hear about

2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

bsevern

Any thoughts on the 93 Pt. Spanish Red Wine Bierzo DO Mencia 2007
Bodega del Abad 'Carracedo' up on WTSO??

rjquillin

quality posts: 178 Private Messages rjquillin
bsevern wrote:Any thoughts on the 93 Pt. Spanish Red Wine Bierzo DO Mencia 2007
Bodega del Abad 'Carracedo' up on WTSO??

A lot of it out there, and a few decent CT notes from other wooters. I'd take two if you do.

CT

trifecta

quality posts: 73 Private Messages trifecta
klezman wrote:Cash? For what? I owe you for wine in our backlog, but that's for another time after Hawley releases that 2010.

For all the epic stuff I need to know about... Or at least get a hint about...and according to the Hawley's the release of that is eminent (already in bottle). Tasted the '12 which is now blended in the barrel. Man... I need a second job.

rjquillin

trifecta wrote:Man... I need a second job.

From one looking for a third, the second doesn't really help.

CT

Synos10

quality posts: 14 Private Messages Synos10
klezman wrote:Aw, I thought she was going to move stuff around to make the trip! Sad. As one of the LA folks who actually *drink* wine you'd definitely enjoy this party.

Calls from Twisted Oak with excellent discounts are most certainly the kind of thing I'm happy to hear about

Got the call from TO yesterday, I'm a sucker for the Spaniard.

randysanders

quality posts: 5 Private Messages randysanders

Hey,
2010 Tytanium on WineSpies @$42ea, FS on 6. Good deal?

kittymac

quality posts: 6 Private Messages kittymac
randysanders wrote:Hey,

Sounds pretty darn good. How did you get the price? It's coming up $64 for me.

rjquillin

randysanders wrote:Hey,

Discount code?

CT

thelaues

quality posts: 0 Private Messages thelaues

PM sent.

bsevern

rjquillin wrote:A lot of it out there, and a few decent CT notes from other wooters. I'd take two if you do.

Dangit I fell asleep...looks like quite a nice wine for the money.

losthighwayz

quality posts: 59 Private Messages losthighwayz
kittymac wrote:Sounds pretty darn good. How did you get the price? It's coming up $64 for me.

TYNOMITE code

"The older I get the better I was"

rjquillin

bsevern wrote:Dangit I fell asleep...looks like quite a nice wine for the money.

Sleep: Not Permitted.

CT

cortot20

quality posts: 152 Private Messages cortot20

Interesting Viognier on WTSO. Acid seems off the charts though.

CT

randysanders

quality posts: 5 Private Messages randysanders

Thanks Losthighwayz for putting in the Ty code yesterday. I got to drinking wine with friends and...

tytiger58

quality posts: 74 Private Messages tytiger58

1999 Damilano Barolo Riserva on Cindy, thank you Kyle,Klez, and Losth for convincing SWMBO to give me an open checkbook for aged wines

What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch? ~ W. C. Fields

“Freedom is something that dies unless it's used” Hunter S Thompson

bsevern

2004 Owl Ridge Cabernet Sauvignon
TR Passalacqua Vineyard, Dry Creek Valley @ Invino for $19.99 Retail
$50.00.

Also note from the Invino write-up:

Renaissance Winemaker. With experience at Ravenswood Winery and Wellington Vineyards (where he worked under Chris Loxton), Joe Otos knows his way around a wealth of winemaking styles, from flexible variation with native yeasts to tightly controlled fermentation. He strives to make wines that are both big and balanced.

2004 was a very good vintage, I've had some outstanding reds from AV, Napa and Sonoma from 2004, I'm very tempted on this one!

cmaldoon

quality posts: 62 Private Messages cmaldoon

2009 Fotinos Bros cab on wine spies today. Does anyone have a code they can PM me that makes the deal better than $39?

2014 - 20 Btl. Fjellene (10 bot), Urraca Chard (10 bot)
Last purchase: 5/3/14

2013 - 75 btl. 2012 - 98 btl. 2011 - 112 btl. 2010 - 30 btl.
My Cellar

rjquillin

Anyone interested in some form of a split of the Ruston Family Cabernet Franc Napa Valley 2007 on LB for $18 FS on 6?

CT

trifecta

rjquillin wrote:Anyone interested in some form of a split of the Ruston Family Cabernet Franc Napa Valley 2007 on LB for $18 FS on 6?

I would take 2. bsev?

bsevern

trifecta wrote:I would take 2. bsev?

Uncle!!!! OK, I'll take 2 as well.

rjquillin

bsevern wrote:Uncle!!!! OK, I'll take 2 as well.

Since it's 4:2 north, how about either of you two grab and I'll get mine later when I'm up there. Either for PS or the wootception. Likely better for all than me dragging up from SD.
Who do I send funds to?

CT

trifecta

rjquillin wrote:Since it's 4:2 north, how about either of you two grab and I'll get mine later when I'm up there. Either for PS or the wootception. Likely better for all than me dragging up from SD.
Who do I send funds to?

Just ordered. 2 each. came out to ~20/bottle

bsevern

trifecta wrote:Just ordered. 2 each. came out to ~20/bottle

Danke.

We could easily have another Cab Franc tasting

Are you guys planning on laying these 2007 Napa CF's down for several years or ?

rjquillin

trifecta wrote:Just ordered. 2 each. came out to ~20/bottle

So, did you just get two, or six for the split?

CT

bsevern

rjquillin wrote:So, did you just get two, or six for the split?

2 each I believe.

joelsisk

quality posts: 10 Private Messages joelsisk

any thoughts on the 2001 Bodegas Balbas Ribera del Duero Gran Reserva on wtso?

cmaldoon

quality posts: 62 Private Messages cmaldoon
joelsisk wrote:any thoughts on the 2001 Bodegas Balbas Ribera del Duero Gran Reserva on wtso?

Had one this past weekend. Tastes younger than 12. It was decent but not a screaming deal at $25. Fairly acidic, would be best with food. Oak is integrated, flavors of bright fruits and earth, finish nothing special

2014 - 20 Btl. Fjellene (10 bot), Urraca Chard (10 bot)
Last purchase: 5/3/14

2013 - 75 btl. 2012 - 98 btl. 2011 - 112 btl. 2010 - 30 btl.
My Cellar

trifecta

2 ea, Total Qty (6)

bsevern wrote:Danke.

We could easily have another Cab Franc tasting

Are you guys planning on laying these 2007 Napa CF's down for several years or ?

I'll probably hold the first one for a month or so and try it. If I knew anything about the winery or there were existing tasting notes it might be different, but as of now it is a complete unknown that we should check on before wasting cellar space on it

klezman

Synos10 wrote:Got the call from TO yesterday, I'm a sucker for the Spaniard.

Hehehe...I meant when he got the call he should have emailed me to see if I wanted any!

klezman

trifecta wrote:For all the epic stuff I need to know about... Or at least get a hint about...and according to the Hawley's the release of that is eminent (already in bottle). Tasted the '12 which is now blended in the barrel. Man... I need a second job.

Good grief. And I developed a lot of respect for Dry Creek Cabs and Meritage blends that trip too. Hawley, Harvest Moon, and Hook&Ladder in particular. If you need help on the 2012 futures I can probably do that too, especially if it's even more discounted with the even earlier time frame.

klezman

tytiger58 wrote:1999 Damilano Barolo Riserva on Cindy, thank you Kyle,Klez, and Losth for convincing SWMBO to give me an open checkbook for aged wines

Any time
I got 3 of those ordered last time it was up for the same price a few weeks ago.

klezman

I'll help you drink one if you want...always looking for good CF's

rjquillin

klezman wrote:I'll help you drink one if you want...always looking for good CF's

My thoughts exactly and misunderstand the earlier reply, I went in for three.
Then I found out I had two, so now I have five.
Want one or two?

CT

klezman

rjquillin wrote:My thoughts exactly and misunderstand the earlier reply, I went in for three.
Then I found out I had two, so now I have five.
Want one or two?

Sure, I can take two. One now and then decide what to do with the second later. Sigh. These are only $20 each, right?

tytiger58

quality posts: 74 Private Messages tytiger58
klezman wrote:Hehehe...I meant when he got the call he should have emailed me to see if I wanted any!

Crap I need to be less selfish but it was one of those rush moments, got the call driving home...tell you what let's try to set up a Friday or Sunday casual bottle or three soon and I will pop the 07 Spaniard that has been calling me lately. Plus if you want one of the 09's I have it for you!

Email me what dates are good for you and your better half and anyone else who likes to drink wine

What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch? ~ W. C. Fields

“Freedom is something that dies unless it's used” Hunter S Thompson

losthighwayz

quality posts: 59 Private Messages losthighwayz
klezman wrote:Sure, I can take two. One now and then decide what to do with the second later. Sigh. These are only $20 each, right?

Did you get a chance to order the Wine Smith?

"The older I get the better I was"