mommadeb1

quality posts: 18 Private Messages mommadeb1

thanks! might just have to get me some... or just save my $$ for the wootception....

but... is the bubbly on the sweeter or dryer side? could be worth it for thanksgiving...

kylemittskus

quality posts: 233 Private Messages kylemittskus
mommadeb1 wrote:thanks! might just have to get me some... or just save my $$ for the wootception....

but... is the bubbly on the sweeter or dryer side? could be worth it for thanksgiving...

4 years on the lees leads be to believe it would be in a dry style.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

bsevern

quality posts: 110 Private Messages bsevern

I'm not (yet) a big sparking wine drinker, but I wouldn't mind taking a flyer on a couple of the Sinnet Rose on LB....any locals in for a split?

mommadeb1

kylemittskus wrote:4 years on the lees leads be to believe it would be in a dry style.

thanks.. the Thanksgiving crowd is a sweeter side group...

pseudogourmet98

quality posts: 19 Private Messages pseudogourmet98
kylemittskus wrote:4 years on the lees leads be to believe it would be in a dry style.

Been mulling this over for a few hours. . Need some bubbly for an upcoming business celebration we are hosting and wanted something decent (not IH, but decent). Your comment helped me pull the trigger. We prefer the dry bubbly and don't want a bunch of sweeter bubbly if it is left over. Thanks.

mommadeb1

well, I waited too long for the Cindy offer... prob for the best...

CAGrl

quality posts: 13 Private Messages CAGrl
mommadeb1 wrote:thanks! might just have to get me some... or just save my $$ for the wootception....

There went my no buy. Bought the bubbly on LB. But I am splitting with bsevern. mommadeb, do you want a bottle? I can bring it to the wootception.

mommadeb1

CAGrl wrote:There went my no buy. Bought the bubbly on LB. But I am splitting with bsevern. mommadeb, do you want a bottle? I can bring it to the wootception.

if you have an extra you can spare.... yes please..

kylemittskus

quality posts: 233 Private Messages kylemittskus

I just remembered I had LB credits. In for 2 of the bubbles. $13/bottle for 4 years on the lees? No question!

Tyger, you want one?

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

tytiger58

quality posts: 74 Private Messages tytiger58
kylemittskus wrote:I just remembered I had LB credits. In for 2 of the bubbles. $13/bottle for 4 years on the lees? No question!

Tyger, you want one?

Yes

What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch? ~ W. C. Fields

“Freedom is something that dies unless it's used” Hunter S Thompson

rjquillin

quality posts: 189 Private Messages rjquillin

2005 - Paul Autard La Cote Ronde 1.5L $80 on Cindy. CT over $100, decent notes, but totally unfamiliar with the producer. Comments?

CT

loveladyelectric

quality posts: 23 Private Messages loveladyelectric
kylemittskus wrote:I just remembered I had LB credits. In for 2 of the bubbles. $13/bottle for 4 years on the lees? No question!

Tyger, you want one?

I posted my invite link on reddit a few times and I've had a great response. Should have about 3 cases of good wines that I've paid just over $300 out of pocket for so far.

trifecta

quality posts: 74 Private Messages trifecta

2009 Roessler LaBrisa Pinot on plat for sub 20, FS even on just 1 bottle. Numbers look good (14.3 and 3.57). Not sure if this is the original winemaker or the one Hall installed after purchase.

ddeuddeg

quality posts: 35 Private Messages ddeuddeg
trifecta wrote:2009 Roessler LaBrisa Pinot on plat for sub 20, FS even on just 1 bottle. Numbers look good (14.3 and 3.57). Not sure if this is the original winemaker or the one Hall installed after purchase.

Moot point now that it's gone, but the acquisition took place after 2009, so I assume it would have been the original winemaker. I'm guessing Hall is dumping the pre-acquisition stuff. I really liked the LaBrisa we had, would've bought some if not for the SIWBM.

"Always keep a bottle of Champagne in the fridge for special occasions. Sometimes the special occasion is that you've got a bottle of Champagne in the fridge". - Hester Browne

Ddeuddeg's Cheesecake Cookbook

CAGrl

mommadeb1 wrote:if you have an extra you can spare.... yes please..

Yup. I bought 6 for the free shipping so you, bsevern and I can decide how many bottles each. By the way, I love living in California! It's being delivered tomorrow!

bsevern

CAGrl wrote:Yup. I bought 6 for the free shipping so you, bsevern and I can decide how many bottles each. By the way, I love living in California! It's being delivered tomorrow!

I can take 2-3, if mommadeb1 wants 2 then I'm good with 2 Looking forward to trying this!

bsevern

Interesting left bank Bordeaux up on PTSO - 2009 Chateau de Come
Saint-Estephe $22.99, free shipping on 2+ bottles.

trifecta

bsevern wrote:Interesting left bank Bordeaux up on PTSO - 2009 Chateau de Come
Saint-Estephe $22.99, free shipping on 2+ bottles.

It is quite interesting. 2009 was a really great vintage, especially in St. Estephe according to what I was able to dig up.

mommadeb1

CAGrl wrote:Yup. I bought 6 for the free shipping so you, bsevern and I can decide how many bottles each. By the way, I love living in California! It's being delivered tomorrow!

how many bottles do you want? and no fair having it delivered tomorrow!! I would have to wait til nov. cause it is sooo hot here!!

cmaldoon

quality posts: 62 Private Messages cmaldoon

Wine Library clearance sale on now. Free shipping on case orders with code: INVENTORY

I got:
6 ea 2006 Ondarre Ursa Maior Reserva Rioja $10

6 ea 2009 Sierra Salinas Puerto Salinas $13

Both quality spanish wines for $10 and $13 per bottle. I've had the first (for $14 a bottle) and the second looked good.

I like spanish wines for daily drinkers and these will fit nicely

2014 - 20 Btl. Fjellene (10 bot), Urraca Chard (10 bot)
Last purchase: 5/3/14

2013 - 75 btl. 2012 - 98 btl. 2011 - 112 btl. 2010 - 30 btl.
My Cellar

bsevern

trifecta wrote:It is quite interesting. 2009 was a really great vintage, especially in St. Estephe according to what I was able to dig up.

I caved and went in on two bottles

rjquillin

cmaldoon wrote:Wine Library clearance sale on now. Free shipping on case orders with code: INVENTORY

I got:

and may I complement you on cleaning them out prior to posting...

CT

tytiger58

rjquillin wrote:and may I complement you on cleaning them out prior to posting...

The first rule in Fight Club

CAGrl

mommadeb1 wrote:how many bottles do you want? and no fair having it delivered tomorrow!! I would have to wait til nov. cause it is sooo hot here!!

I don't know. That's the problem. Ugh. We can do 2-2-2 but I guess it all depends on how much you buy during the wootception.

cmaldoon

quality posts: 62 Private Messages cmaldoon
rjquillin wrote:and may I complement you on cleaning them out prior to posting...

there wasn't even a notice when I bought mine meaning there were >24 bottles left. I guess people loved it for that price (I agree)

2014 - 20 Btl. Fjellene (10 bot), Urraca Chard (10 bot)
Last purchase: 5/3/14

2013 - 75 btl. 2012 - 98 btl. 2011 - 112 btl. 2010 - 30 btl.
My Cellar

mommadeb1

CAGrl wrote:I don't know. That's the problem. Ugh. We can do 2-2-2 but I guess it all depends on how much you buy during the wootception.

ha ha ha.... according to mr. mommadeb.... I can bring 1 empty case to fill.... if I get 2 from you and 1 from sparkey..... hmmm... butttt..... I will be taking myself to the airport... mr. mommadeb won't see how many empty cases I bring....

ddeuddeg

quality posts: 35 Private Messages ddeuddeg
mommadeb1 wrote:ha ha ha.... according to mr. mommadeb.... I can bring 1 empty case to fill.... if I get 2 from you and 1 from sparkey..... hmmm... butttt..... I will be taking myself to the airport... mr. mommadeb won't see how many empty cases I bring....

Just remember how many bags SWA will let you bring on for no charge, and who is going to be there to schlepp them around the airport.

"Always keep a bottle of Champagne in the fridge for special occasions. Sometimes the special occasion is that you've got a bottle of Champagne in the fridge". - Hester Browne

Ddeuddeg's Cheesecake Cookbook

pseudogourmet98

cmaldoon wrote:Wine Library clearance sale on now. Free shipping on case orders with code: INVENTORY

I got:

6 ea 2009 Sierra Salinas Puerto Salinas $13

Both quality spanish wines for $10 and $13 per bottle. I've had the first (for $14 a bottle) and the second looked good.

I bought the 2009 Sierra Salinas Puerto Salinas on Cindy about 3 weeks ago for $12.88 so I don't know how much of a "clearance sale" this is. I also think Spanish wines are great for daily drinkers. We'll have to compare notes.

pseudogourmet98

ddeuddeg wrote:Just remember how many bags SWA will let you bring on for no charge, and who is going to be there to schlepp them around the airport.

And if Mr Mommadeb will be there to greet you when you return!

mommadeb1

pseudogourmet98 wrote:And if Mr Mommadeb will be there to greet you when you return!

actually, no he wont... hee heee

mommadeb1

ddeuddeg wrote:Just remember how many bags SWA will let you bring on for no charge, and who is going to be there to schlepp them around the airport.

I know.. I will bring my luggage wheels like I did before... I can check 2 bags ...soooo I will prob bring only the one case box... maybe a 6 bottle also... "just in case"

tytiger58

Twisted Oak just called and offered me 30% off the 09 Spaniard :swear: :swear: since when do wineries call??

Got me for a 4 pack

pseudogourmet98

When did wine.woot get added to wine log.com?

klezman

quality posts: 130 Private Messages klezman
tytiger58 wrote:Twisted Oak just called and offered me 30% off the 09 Spaniard :swear: :swear: since when do wineries call??

Got me for a 4 pack

Why they calling you? Were you a club member at some point? 30% off, with no delivery (due to wootception) would be a pretty nice deal indeed. You *are* coming to the wootception, right? Just talked to Cat and HAK tonight about it. Epic.

2014: 57 bottles. Last wine.woot: 2011 Wellington Cab & Merlot, Roessler 2009 Bluejay, 2010 Bell Cabernet
2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

rjquillin

tytiger58 wrote:Twisted Oak just called and offered me 30% off the 09 Spaniard :swear: :swear: since when do wineries call??

Got me for a 4 pack

Got my call on Tuesday, or was it Monday..?

CT

losthighwayz

quality posts: 63 Private Messages losthighwayz
rjquillin wrote:Got my call on Tuesday, or was it Monday..?

Only calls I ever get are from my wife asking where I am!

"The older I get the better I was"

rjquillin

losthighwayz wrote:Only calls I ever get are from my wife asking where I am!

Got that one yesterday, but didn't have my cell with me. some 'splainin' to do I did.

CT

trifecta

klezman wrote: You *are* coming to the wootception, right? Just talked to Cat and HAK tonight about it. Epic.

Need a pm.... so I know how much cash to bring

tytiger58

klezman wrote:Why they calling you? Were you a club member at some point? 30% off, with no delivery (due to wootception) would be a pretty nice deal indeed. You *are* coming to the wootception, right? Just talked to Cat and HAK tonight about it. Epic.

Yes I was a club member...I really wish I could make it but just can't do that weekend sometimes SWMBO schedule wins dang it.

tytiger58

losthighwayz wrote:Only calls I ever get are from my wife asking where I am!

Ha! I know that problem that's why this call was such a nice surprise!