fredrinaldi


quality posts: 36 Private Messages fredrinaldi

Napa Cabernet 5-Pack Vertical 2002 thru 2006 Sempre Vive 'Old Vines' On WTSO FINAL offer on this vertical, had to jump on this one.

noslensj


quality posts: 42 Private Messages noslensj
bsevern wrote:Good point, and the CT reviews were less the stellar on it. Now they have a 5-pack cab vertical up.



I just noted that the Dois Irmaos on that offer was 2011, which has scant comments. The 2010 certainly had many less than stellar comments.

bsevern


quality posts: 110 Private Messages bsevern

The 2007 Col Solare Red Bordeaux blend on LB looks like a super buy....anyone southbay folks want to split an order?

cmaldoon


quality posts: 62 Private Messages cmaldoon
bsevern wrote:The 2007 Col Solare Red Bordeaux blend on LB looks like a super buy....anyone southbay folks want to split an order?



It looks good and is be in at $30 but at $40 I'll sit.

2014 - 20 Btl. Fjellene (10 bot), Urraca Chard (10 bot)
Last purchase: 5/3/14

2013 - 75 btl. 2012 - 98 btl. 2011 - 112 btl. 2010 - 30 btl.
My Cellar

rjquillin


quality posts: 179 Private Messages rjquillin
fredrinaldi wrote:Napa Cabernet 5-Pack Vertical 2002 thru 2006 Sempre Vive 'Old Vines' On WTSO FINAL offer on this vertical, had to jump on this one.

Didn't you grab this when up earlier? I recall a few did and perhaps they have notes.
I did open a 1998 the past week that drank well. A bit of bricking and not a lot of fruit left, but well balanced. I was a bit surprised there wasn't a bit more bottle bouquet of leather I thought I'd get here.

CT

trifecta


quality posts: 73 Private Messages trifecta
bsevern wrote:The 2007 Col Solare Red Bordeaux blend on LB looks like a super buy....anyone southbay folks want to split an order?



Same price as local retail.

redwinefan


quality posts: 74 Private Messages redwinefan

Anyone pickup the Estate Cabernet Arger-Martucci Vineyards Atlas Peak, Napa 2007 for $24.99 on WTSO?

I went in blindly for 3 based on vintage and AVA.

"You need to invest in a corkscrew. Wine is for drinking." -- Peter Wellington

trifecta


quality posts: 73 Private Messages trifecta

2004 Arger-Martucci Cab Franc on LB for $20. FS on 4. I would be down for a split with someone. Their property is right next door to Corison. CT review look promising as well at this price point for aged CF.

EDIT: redwinefan just barely beat me to it.

bsevern


quality posts: 110 Private Messages bsevern
redwinefan wrote:Anyone pickup the Estate Cabernet Arger-Martucci Vineyards Atlas Peak, Napa 2007 for $24.99 on WTSO?

I went in blindly for 3 based on vintage and AVA.



I'm totally in, awesome vintage, awesome AVA!!

Interesting that there's Arger-Martucci CF on LB and Arger-Martucci Cab Sauv on WTSO at the same time.....wonder what other wines of theirs will be showing up? I hope this is good juice!

redwinefan


quality posts: 74 Private Messages redwinefan
trifecta wrote:2004 Arger-Martucci Cab Franc on LB for $20. FS on 4. I would be down for a split with someone. Their property is right next door to Corison. CT review look promising as well at this price point for aged CF.

EDIT: redwinefan just barely beat me to it.



I didn't beat you, these are different deals

"You need to invest in a corkscrew. Wine is for drinking." -- Peter Wellington

jmdavidson


quality posts: 57 Private Messages jmdavidson
redwinefan wrote:Anyone pickup the Estate Cabernet Arger-Martucci Vineyards Atlas Peak, Napa 2007 for $24.99 on WTSO?

I went in blindly for 3 based on vintage and AVA.



Other than just one reviewer giving it "high" numbers on CT, did you find any other info you could provide to shed some light on this one?

redwinefan


quality posts: 74 Private Messages redwinefan
jmdavidson wrote:Other than just one reviewer giving it "high" numbers on CT, did you find any other info you could provide to shed some light on this one?



Ha, I didn't even look at the ratings in CT. That guy REALLY likes it.

I've got nothing other than vintage and AVA and the typical WTSO hyperbole.

"You need to invest in a corkscrew. Wine is for drinking." -- Peter Wellington

rjquillin


quality posts: 179 Private Messages rjquillin
bsevern wrote:I'm totally in, awesome vintage, awesome AVA!!

Interesting that there's Arger-Martucci CF on LB and Arger-Martucci Cab Sauv on WTSO at the same time.....wonder what other wines of theirs will be showing up? I hope this is good juice!

D@#n, missed the CF...

CT

cmaldoon


quality posts: 62 Private Messages cmaldoon
redwinefan wrote:Ha, I didn't even look at the ratings in CT. That guy REALLY likes it.

I've got nothing other than vintage and AVA and the typical WTSO hyperbole.



I've had their 05 and it was ok if not stunning. I went in on this one on the strength and descriptors of the WE review

2014 - 20 Btl. Fjellene (10 bot), Urraca Chard (10 bot)
Last purchase: 5/3/14

2013 - 75 btl. 2012 - 98 btl. 2011 - 112 btl. 2010 - 30 btl.
My Cellar

karenhynes


quality posts: 11 Private Messages karenhynes
cmaldoon wrote:I've had their 05 and it was ok if not stunning. I went in on this one on the strength and descriptors of the WE review



It does sound yummy....

Wine is bottled poetry - Robert Louis Stevenson

fredrinaldi


quality posts: 36 Private Messages fredrinaldi

Biondi Santi Reserva 1970
Brunello Di Montalcino
Tenuta Il Greppo $400 on WTSO Platinum
Free Shipping

Anyone?

North316


quality posts: 107 Private Messages North316
fredrinaldi wrote:Biondi Santi Reserva 1970
Brunello Di Montalcino
Tenuta Il Greppo $400 on WTSO Platinum
Free Shipping

Anyone?



I was going to grab it....but I prefer the 1969.

My CT
"Trust your homies on the net", Clark Smith.
R.I.P. Inkycatz - Feb. 2013

noslensj


quality posts: 42 Private Messages noslensj
fredrinaldi wrote:Biondi Santi Reserva 1970
Brunello Di Montalcino
Tenuta Il Greppo $400 on WTSO Platinum
Free Shipping

Anyone?


Current WTSO plat is Panza 2004 Stags Leap CS.

bsevern


quality posts: 110 Private Messages bsevern
noslensj wrote:Current WTSO plat is Panza 2004 Stags Leap CS.



This is really nice juice. I have one bottle left....very tempting, I have too much wine to drink and too little time

chipgreen


quality posts: 197 Private Messages chipgreen
bsevern wrote:This is really nice juice. I have one bottle left....very tempting, I have too much wine to drink and too little time


Looks like you have the '05. Some of the CT comments for the '04 reference the '05 as being better than the '04 currently offered, which makes me hesitate.

I'm more tempted by the 2007 Chateau de Malle on LB right now. $30 for a 750 of Sauternes seems like a bargain.

EDIT: Does anyone know if LB includes the wooden crate if you order 12 bottles? I'm guessing "no".

bsevern


quality posts: 110 Private Messages bsevern
chipgreen wrote:Looks like you have the '05. Some of the CT comments for the '04 reference the '05 as being better than the '04 currently offered, which makes me hesitate.

I'm more tempted by the 2007 Chateau de Malle on LB right now. $30 for a 750 of Sauternes seems like a bargain.

EDIT: Does anyone know if LB includes the wooden crate if you order 12 bottles? I'm guessing "no".



I was eying that too....any locals want to split a couple of bottles of the Sauternes ???

rjquillin


quality posts: 179 Private Messages rjquillin
bsevern wrote:I was eying that too....any locals want to split a couple of bottles of the Sauternes ???

I've called/emailed to ask that before. IIRC it is an option if you ask.

CT

random122


quality posts: 6 Private Messages random122
bsevern wrote:I was eying that too....any locals want to split a couple of bottles of the Sauternes ???



I'd be interested in up to two bottles.

chipgreen


quality posts: 197 Private Messages chipgreen
rjquillin wrote:I've called/emailed to ask that before. IIRC it is an option if you ask.


Is this in reference to my crate question?

bsevern


quality posts: 110 Private Messages bsevern
random122 wrote:I'd be interested in up to two bottles.



Excellent, I'll PM you once I place the order.

ddeuddeg


quality posts: 29 Private Messages ddeuddeg

NV Roederer Estate Brut Rosé 1.5L Anderson Valley Magnum at Invino for a mere $53.99. A really nice wine at that price.

"Always keep a bottle of Champagne in the fridge for special occasions. Sometimes the special occasion is that you've got a bottle of Champagne in the fridge". - Hester Browne


Ddeuddeg's Cheesecake Cookbook

rjquillin


quality posts: 179 Private Messages rjquillin
chipgreen wrote:Is this in reference to my crate question?

Yes

CT

fredrinaldi


quality posts: 36 Private Messages fredrinaldi

Surgery done, feel great for 2 hrs under the knife, best part ? waking up after it was over.

tdedek


quality posts: 4 Private Messages tdedek
fredrinaldi wrote:Surgery done, feel great for 2 hrs under the knife, best part ? waking up after it was over.



Glad to hear it Fred. Hope you bounce back soon - I'll be sure to drink a glass in your honor tonight!

fredrinaldi


quality posts: 36 Private Messages fredrinaldi
tdedek wrote:Glad to hear it Fred. Hope you bounce back soon - I'll be sure to drink a glass in your honor tonight!


Thanks, only downside last night was NO wine allowed, will make up for that tonight


fredrinaldi


quality posts: 36 Private Messages fredrinaldi

Back in the saddle again

in for 3 on WTSO..Ridgeline 'Lone Pine' Cabernet Reserve Napa Valley 2010 By Mark Beringer

jmdavidson


quality posts: 57 Private Messages jmdavidson

Allocations came out today from Bedrock Wine Company. What do other allocatees like in the group?

EDIT: This could be really expensive, especially given the 2012 projections.

kylemittskus


quality posts: 231 Private Messages kylemittskus
jmdavidson wrote:Allocations came out today from Bedrock Wine Company. What do other allocatees like in the group?



The word is get everything you're offered and wishlist more.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

tytiger58


quality posts: 74 Private Messages tytiger58
jmdavidson wrote:Allocations came out today from Bedrock Wine Company. What do other allocatees like in the group?



I liked Compagni Portis, 2012 Sonoma Valley Old-Vine Zinfandel, 2012 Evangelho Heritage Wine, 2012 Kirschenmann Zinfandel, 2012 Bedrock Heritage Wine, to the tune of 15 bottles..yay

What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch? ~ W. C. Fields

“Freedom is something that dies unless it's used” Hunter S Thompson




mommadeb1


quality posts: 18 Private Messages mommadeb1
fredrinaldi wrote:Surgery done, feel great for 2 hrs under the knife, best part ? waking up after it was over.



glad you are done with the surgery!!

jmdavidson


quality posts: 57 Private Messages jmdavidson
kylemittskus wrote:The word is get everything you're offered and wishlist more.



My 52 bottle allocation would run me $1400. I'd have to either rob a bank or win a lottery to buy it all. Calls for some wise spending.

mommadeb1


quality posts: 18 Private Messages mommadeb1

any opinions on the Sherry on Cindy and the sparkling rose on Last bottle?

kylemittskus


quality posts: 231 Private Messages kylemittskus
mommadeb1 wrote:any opinions on the Sherry on Cindy and the sparkling rose on Last bottle?



Both would be buys for me if I were a little more solvent and Halćon and Ceritas weren't around the corner.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

ddeuddeg


quality posts: 29 Private Messages ddeuddeg
mommadeb1 wrote:any opinions on the Sherry on Cindy and the sparkling rose on Last bottle?

SIWBM is holding, but barely. We love nice bubbly, and the pedigree on this one looks good, even when you ignore all the customary hyperbole. At that price, I'd be buying at least half a case if we didn't already have at least 6 cases of sparklers already in the cellar. I had overlooked the sherry, but now I'm trying to resist it as well. Time to go out for the evening. Maybe they'll both be gone by the time we get home.

"Always keep a bottle of Champagne in the fridge for special occasions. Sometimes the special occasion is that you've got a bottle of Champagne in the fridge". - Hester Browne


Ddeuddeg's Cheesecake Cookbook

Deezy2


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Deezy2
ddeuddeg wrote:SIWBM is holding, but barely. We love nice bubbly, and the pedigree on this one looks good, even when you ignore all the customary hyperbole. At that price, I'd be buying at least half a case if we didn't already have at least 6 cases of sparklers already in the cellar. I had overlooked the sherry, but now I'm trying to resist it as well. Time to go out for the evening. Maybe they'll both be gone by the time we get home.



I too was on that SIWBM, but LB's offering made me cave. I have zero sparkling wine in my stash, and that Rosé is appealing.. in spite of the hype. I have my sparklers for the holidays :-)