tytiger58

quality posts: 74 Private Messages tytiger58
rjquillin wrote:Just who do you know that would do such a nefarious deed?

Well the response I see from the east coast to the west coast and a little town on the coast of Oregon it looks like it could be trouble

What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch? ~ W. C. Fields

“Freedom is something that dies unless it's used” Hunter S Thompson

bsevern

quality posts: 109 Private Messages bsevern

Bouchaine Pinot Noir, Carneros, California, 2009 for $$16.99/bottle on Vitis. Very solid reviews, respectable Pinot maker, from a good year and great area/grapes.

If you need a referral PM me

Also you can get $10 off with FRNDVITIS which brings it down to $14.49/bottle, awesome deal on a solid Pinot.

rjquillin

quality posts: 169 Private Messages rjquillin
bsevern wrote:Bouchaine Pinot Noir, Carneros, California, 2009 for $$16.99/bottle on Vitis. Very solid reviews, respectable Pinot maker, from a good year and great area/grapes.

If you need a referral PM me

Also you can get $10 off with FRNDVITIS which brings it down to $14.49/bottle, awesome deal on a solid Pinot.

Promo code dead for me...
Can you add two or three to your order for me?

CT

tdedek

quality posts: 4 Private Messages tdedek
rjquillin wrote:Promo code dead for me...
Can you add two or three to your order for me?

I think the code is dead. I made good use of that one while it was available!

bsevern

tdedek wrote:I think the code is dead. I made good use of that one while it was available!

I already ordered, but the code worked fine for me, which actually surprised me as I've already used it a couple of times

bsevern

Received this interesting email from Velvet Platter regarding my recent order where I checked off the summer shipping hold:

Thank you for your order with us.

You have indicated on your online order form that you would like us to hold the shipment. Could you please let us know when you would like your order to be shipped?.

We look forward to hearing back from you.

Thank you for being a member

Best
Jose

I find that an odd communication given that their website says this:

“Hold Shipping” for weather extremes

If you select the “Hold Shipping” check box your order will ship as soon as the weather is deemed safe for shipment. This option only appears during periods of extreme weather. If you decline to hold shipping for weather extremes on your order, neither Velvet Palate nor the licensed winery or retailer selling to you nor any third-party shipping agents or carriers will be held responsible for damage to such orders due to weather conditions.

Houston we have a problem.

jmdavidson

quality posts: 54 Private Messages jmdavidson

If you are looking for an everyday Spanish wine that goes well with just about any food, WTSO has up: Tilenus Roble Mencia Bodegas Estefania Bierzo D.O. (Envejecido en Roble) 2010, $10.99 each.

fredrinaldi

quality posts: 33 Private Messages fredrinaldi

Picked up 2 of the WTSO Platinum offer today of Chianti Classico Riserva Castello di Volpaia 'Coltassala' 2005

kittymac

quality posts: 6 Private Messages kittymac

Has anyone tired the 2008 àMaurice Tobey Columbia Valley Red currently on Lot18?

jmdavidson

quality posts: 54 Private Messages jmdavidson
fredrinaldi wrote:Picked up 2 of the WTSO Platinum offer today of Chianti Classico Riserva Castello di Volpaia 'Coltassala' 2005

The 05 Barolo looks pretty interesting as well.

bsevern

jmdavidson wrote:The 05 Barolo looks pretty interesting as well.

It does, I'd like to get it if I could go in on one bottle w/FS....hmm...any locals want to split?

fredrinaldi

bsevern wrote:It does, I'd like to get it if I could go in on one bottle w/FS....hmm...any locals want to split?

to Quote Hannibal Lecter "I ate his liver with some fava beans and a nice chianti"

rjquillin

bsevern wrote:It does, I'd like to get it if I could go in on one bottle w/FS....hmm...any locals want to split?

Grab a pair, I'll be there soon enough.

CT

bsevern

rjquillin wrote:Grab a pair, I'll be there soon enough.

Bummer, it's gone...Sauvignon Blanc up now

bdlsmoran

quality posts: 2 Private Messages bdlsmoran
kittymac wrote:Has anyone tired the 2008 àMaurice Tobey Columbia Valley Red currently on Lot18?

I have not had the 2008 but the 2007aMaurice Cellars Horiuchi Red Blend was fantastic.

tdedek

2008 Ghost Block Single Vineyard Yountville on Vitis.com for $74.99, free ship on one.

I'm already in, I've been wanting to try out this producer. Use code DADSDAY for $10 off, making it $64.99.

Msg me for an invite if you are not already a member and you can get another $5 off.

Average price on CT is $96, so if this is your kind of thing, it's a significant discount.

tdedek

bsevern wrote:I already ordered, but the code worked fine for me, which actually surprised me as I've already used it a couple of times

Found a new code, DADSDAY

bdlsmoran

quality posts: 2 Private Messages bdlsmoran

Ghost Block Cabernet Sauvignon Single Vineyard 2008 is up at vitis.com for $74.99, one bottle shipped

bsevern

tdedek wrote:2008 Ghost Block Single Vineyard Yountville on Vitis.com for $74.99, free ship on one.

I'm already in, I've been wanting to try out this producer. Use code DADSDAY for $10 off, making it $64.99.

Very, very tempting. Not that I'm a score chaser, but I find it curious it only received 90 points from the Wine Advocate. It's their kind of wine, I'd expect a higher score from them on it??

tdedek

bsevern wrote:Very, very tempting. Not that I'm a score chaser, but I find it curious it only received 90 points from the Wine Advocate. It's their kind of wine, I'd expect a higher score from them on it??

Same thing crossed my mind but didn't sway the buy. Looking forward to a taste.

chipgreen

quality posts: 178 Private Messages chipgreen

Eagle's Trace Cab Sauv back on WTSO $34.99 free ship w/2 - 2008 vintage this time. I missed the '06 but grabbed a couple of these.

tdedek

chipgreen wrote:Eagle's Trace Cab Sauv back on WTSO $34.99 free ship w/2 - 2008 vintage this time. I missed the '06 but grabbed a couple of these.

Went in this morning as well. Had to keep the vertical going...

bsevern

Anyone in the bay area interested in doing a split on the Palazzo Proprietary Red Napa 2008 up on LB?

redwinefan

quality posts: 74 Private Messages redwinefan

The Palazzo Napa 2008 Red on Last Bottle for $36 looks worth trying.

LB checkout process having problems.

"You need to invest in a corkscrew. Wine is for drinking." -- Peter Wellington

Synos10

quality posts: 14 Private Messages Synos10
redwinefan wrote:The Palazzo Napa 2008 Red on Last Bottle for $36 looks worth trying.

LB checkout process having problems.

I thought it looked worth a try as well. Anyone in Atlanta want to split an order?

rjquillin

oops...
wrong thread

CT

bud8jr

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bud8jr

2007 3 Saints red blend up on both cindy and wineshopper today. Free ship on 6 on cindy at $18 and free ship on $99 order at wineshopper at $15. pm me if you need a wineshopper invite.

rjquillin

bsevern wrote:Received this interesting email from Velvet Platter regarding my recent order where I checked off the summer shipping hold:

Thank you for your order with us.

You have indicated on your online order form that you would like us to hold the shipment. Could you please let us know when you would like your order to be shipped?.

We look forward to hearing back from you.

Thank you for being a member

Best
Jose

I find that an odd communication given that their website says this:

“Hold Shipping” for weather extremes

If you select the “Hold Shipping” check box your order will ship as soon as the weather is deemed safe for shipment. This option only appears during periods of extreme weather. If you decline to hold shipping for weather extremes on your order, neither Velvet Palate nor the licensed winery or retailer selling to you nor any third-party shipping agents or carriers will be held responsible for damage to such orders due to weather conditions.

Houston we have a problem.

And then there was this...

Dear Ron,

Regarding your recent order with us for the Bella Vetta Cabernet Sauvignon. Due to an overwhelming interest for this wine, the warehouse just informed us that they sold out of the product.

We will immediately reimburse you for the order; you should receive the money back into your account within the next couple of days (depending on your financial institution).

Our sincere apologies for this.

Best regards,

Kim

CT

bsevern

rjquillin wrote:And then there was this...

Dear Ron,

Regarding your recent order with us for the Bella Vetta Cabernet Sauvignon. Due to an overwhelming interest for this wine, the warehouse just informed us that they sold out of the product.

We will immediately reimburse you for the order; you should receive the money back into your account within the next couple of days (depending on your financial institution).

Our sincere apologies for this.

Best regards,

Kim

I just got the same response. Sent them a flaming email...think I'll send them a second one to tell them to cancel my membership.

I wish they had better contact info on their site, as it just goes to some random customer service person, would be nice to get someone higher up.

Anyhow, very pathetic organization as far as I can tell.

rjquillin

bsevern wrote:I just got the same response. Sent them a flaming email...think I'll send them a second one to tell them to cancel my membership.

I wish they had better contact info on their site, as it just goes to some random customer service person, would be nice to get someone higher up.

Anyhow, very pathetic organization as far as I can tell.

I sent them a likely similar, quite terse, reply.

CT

fredrinaldi

worst news possible:
complete tear of the Achilles
surgery next week
7 to 10 days splint & crutches
4 to 6 weeks hard cast & crutches
4 to 6 weeks walking boot
with PT mixed in.

kylemittskus

quality posts: 229 Private Messages kylemittskus
fredrinaldi wrote:worst news possible:
surgery next week
with PT mixed in.

Fred, open yourself a big ass cab.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

fredrinaldi

kylemittskus wrote:Fred, open yourself a big ass cab.

Or TWO...

Thanks Kyle

losthighwayz

quality posts: 58 Private Messages losthighwayz
surgery next week
with PT mixed in.

I can somewhat relate. I broke my ankle 5 years ago while running and my wife being 8 months pregnant with our first boy. Took 4 mons to recover. Words of wisdom: follow through with physical therapy and do every exercise they recommend. Injuries test our inner strength. Hang in there.

"The older I get the better I was"

klezman

quality posts: 119 Private Messages klezman
kylemittskus wrote:Fred, open yourself a big ass cab.

Yes, this. Sorry to hear it Fred.

2014: 28 bottles. Last wine.woot: Scott Harvey Red Re-Mix
2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

fredrinaldi

losthighwayz wrote:I can somewhat relate. I broke my ankle 5 years ago while running and my wife being 8 months pregnant with our first boy. Took 4 mons to recover. Words of wisdom: follow through with physical therapy and do every exercise they recommend. Injuries test our inner strength. Hang in there.

Thanks Highwayzzzz, I have been soooo lucky with my health, I'll over come this, but I'm still upset at the Dr that has been treating this for 10 months and NEVER took a MRI... although I asked twice. I truly believe I had a small tear for months and this wouldn't have happened if he had done a MRI in Oct. when I asked.

mommadeb1

quality posts: 17 Private Messages mommadeb1
surgery next week
with PT mixed in.

dang... that sucks!!

mommadeb1

quality posts: 17 Private Messages mommadeb1
fredrinaldi wrote:Thanks Highwayzzzz, I have been soooo lucky with my health, I'll over come this, but I'm still upset at the Dr that has been treating this for 10 months and NEVER took a MRI... although I asked twice. I truly believe I had a small tear for months and this wouldn't have happened if he had done a MRI in Oct. when I asked.

sounds like time to switch doctors!

rjquillin

fredrinaldi wrote:Thanks Highwayzzzz, I have been soooo lucky with my health, I'll over come this, but I'm still upset at the Dr that has been treating this for 10 months and NEVER took a MRI... although I asked twice. I truly believe I had a small tear for months and this wouldn't have happened if he had done a MRI in Oct. when I asked.

Best with all that. I've found out the past few years, both personal and by watching others I know well, you have to be aggressive and demanding, almost to the point of an @$$-bite to get what you need. Very close friend nearly died of a cancer until he finally just went off on his provider, got a new oncologist and a whole new lease on life. From what I've also heard and seen, it's only gonna get worse, or I'll have to take this to the poli"ticks" or get detention from TT here.

Good luck with that Fred.

CT

pseudogourmet98

quality posts: 15 Private Messages pseudogourmet98

Anyone had the 06 Bennett Family Reserve Cab Sav on TSO? $20 and FS on 4.