loveladyelectric

quality posts: 23 Private Messages loveladyelectric

Anyone else bite on the Sabina Oakville cab on LB?

North316

quality posts: 107 Private Messages North316

Interesting. Macrae Family Cole Ranch Riesling $12 per, FS on 6 on LB.

Was on woot for $54.99 for 4.

My CT
"Trust your homies on the net", Clark Smith.
R.I.P. Inkycatz - Feb. 2013

bsevern

quality posts: 109 Private Messages bsevern
North316 wrote:Interesting. Macrae Family Cole Ranch Riesling $12 per, FS on 6 on LB.

Was on woot for $54.99 for 4.

Plus $7 for shipping on woot.

Really considering this, but don't want six bottles. Anyone in the south bay want to split??

rjquillin

quality posts: 170 Private Messages rjquillin

tso-plat Cellar Joan Simo Les Eres Vinya Velles Priorat 2006.

I've found myself rather liking Priorat offerings lately.

CT

tytiger58

quality posts: 74 Private Messages tytiger58

2006 Gianni Voerzio La Serra
Barolo DOC

On TSO plat

What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch? ~ W. C. Fields

“Freedom is something that dies unless it's used” Hunter S Thompson

rjquillin

tytiger58 wrote:2006 Gianni Voerzio La Serra
Barolo DOC

On TSO plat

^%$@*&^

CT

klezman

quality posts: 121 Private Messages klezman
Barolo DOC

On TSO plat

I'm in if it's a good price...email coming

2014: 28 bottles. Last wine.woot: Scott Harvey Red Re-Mix
2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

tytiger58

klezman wrote:I'm in if it's a good price...email coming

email sent

cmaldoon

quality posts: 62 Private Messages cmaldoon
Barolo DOC

On TSO plat

Meh... The priorat sounded better

2014 - 20 Btl. Fjellene (10 bot), Urraca Chard (10 bot)
Last purchase: 5/3/14

2013 - 75 btl. 2012 - 98 btl. 2011 - 112 btl. 2010 - 30 btl.
My Cellar

loveladyelectric

Just got my four bottles of cab from Velvet Palate and they were all cooked. I did not see an option to have them held or not, so I'm not sure whether or not they're going to fess up to this in their weather policy. I'm kind of mad that they'd ship it in this weather without packing it in Styrofoam at the very least.

chipgreen

quality posts: 185 Private Messages chipgreen
bsevern wrote:Plus $7 for shipping on woot.

...plus sales tax

Different vintage tho, woot had the '09 this is the '11 on LB.

rjquillin

loveladyelectric wrote:Just got my four bottles of cab from Velvet Palate and they were all cooked. I did not see an option to have them held or not, so I'm not sure whether or not they're going to fess up to this in their weather policy. I'm kind of mad that they'd ship it in this weather without packing it in Styrofoam at the very least.

Having possible similar issues, how did you determine all four were cooked?
Just open 'em and sample?
What would you have done if you had a 'good' one?

CT

jmdavidson

quality posts: 56 Private Messages jmdavidson

Invino has 2010 M by Martellotto Cabernet Sauvignon, Spring Mountain, Napa Valley at $29.99 each.

WW had this same wine up for 2 bottles for $63 on April 7th. Did anyone buy and try one yet?

chipgreen

quality posts: 185 Private Messages chipgreen
jmdavidson wrote:Invino has 2010 M by Martellotto Cabernet Sauvignon, Spring Mountain, Napa Valley at $29.99 each.

WW had this same wine up for 2 bottles for $63 on April 7th. Did anyone buy and try one yet?

I wooted it for the Spring Mountain pedigree but haven't tried it yet. Came out to $36.21/bottle with woot's tax & shipping.

rjquillin

Cindy's evening offering of Ponce La Casilla Estrecha 2008 @ $19 looks intriguing.
I know nothing of this at all.
At 14.5%, seems to be a bit higher AbV than wiki suggests at 11%.

Anyone?

CT

pseudogourmet98

quality posts: 16 Private Messages pseudogourmet98

Anyone had the Vega Escal Priorat 2006 on T-S-O plat for $11? I see a lot of chatter about Priorat. Is this a good one to try?

ddeuddeg

quality posts: 29 Private Messages ddeuddeg
rjquillin wrote:tso-plat Cellar Joan Simo Les Eres Vinya Velles Priorat 2006.

I've found myself rather liking Priorat offerings lately.

Don't know that one, but I can't remember the last time I had a Priorat that I didn't enjoy thoroughly.

"Always keep a bottle of Champagne in the fridge for special occasions. Sometimes the special occasion is that you've got a bottle of Champagne in the fridge". - Hester Browne

Ddeuddeg's Cheesecake Cookbook

losthighwayz

quality posts: 59 Private Messages losthighwayz

Any thoughts on the viogner over at Cindy?

"The older I get the better I was"

rjquillin

pseudogourmet98 wrote:Anyone had the Vega Escal Priorat 2006 on T-S-O plat for $11? I see a lot of chatter about Priorat. Is this a good one to try?

A lot of this out there, and notes suggest new world style, and a good QPR at this price.

CT

tytiger58

losthighwayz wrote:Any thoughts on the viogner over at Cindy?

Everything I have had from Villard has been delicious! Have not had this one tho

losthighwayz

quality posts: 59 Private Messages losthighwayz
tytiger58 wrote:Everything I have had from Villard has been delicious! Have not had this one tho

I know you love Tercero Viogner as do I. Would you say similar style or competely different?

"The older I get the better I was"

rjquillin

losthighwayz wrote:I know you love Tercero Viogner as do I. Would you say similar style or competely different?

The Tercero Vio I opened the other day was, imo, almost totally different than most I've had. So I'd be interested if it's at all like Larry's as well.

CT

tytiger58

losthighwayz wrote:I know you love Tercero Viogner as do I. Would you say similar style or competely different?

I have not had this bottling, but I would say different. He is known for these wines and if I had not bought so many bottles lately I would jump on this...have to draw the line somewhere

ddeuddeg

rjquillin wrote:A lot of this out there, and notes suggest new world style, and a good QPR at this price.

Looked like a good deal to me, too, but right now I'm staying with a wonderful Spanish couple who pretty much avoid Catalonian stuff for political reasons. Long story. More importantly, we have too much wine already. Trying to restrict my SIWBM breakdowns to woot deals.

"Always keep a bottle of Champagne in the fridge for special occasions. Sometimes the special occasion is that you've got a bottle of Champagne in the fridge". - Hester Browne

rjquillin

ddeuddeg wrote:pretty much avoid Catalonian stuff for political reasons. Long story.

Well, fill us in in the Poli"ticks" when you can..

CT

ddeuddeg

Caskers has the Whisky Advocate's Scotch of the year (they don't say which year) for a mere $77.99. Not a bad price these days, if it's really that good. Bottled at cask strength: 114 proof.

jmdavidson

loveladyelectric wrote:Just got my four bottles of cab from Velvet Palate and they were all cooked. I did not see an option to have them held or not, so I'm not sure whether or not they're going to fess up to this in their weather policy. I'm kind of mad that they'd ship it in this weather without packing it in Styrofoam at the very least.

Mine are arriving today. How did you determine that they were (all) cooked?

fredrinaldi

quality posts: 34 Private Messages fredrinaldi

winespys has 2005 Ardente Estate Winery Atlas Peak Cabernet Sauvignon for $30, last woot offer was $19 a bottle, Woot still rules the Ardente Estate Winery Atlas Peak Cabernet Sauvignon offers

loveladyelectric

jmdavidson wrote:Mine are arriving today. How did you determine that they were (all) cooked?

They were hot to the touch when I got them, the corks were pushed out of the top of the bottle, and they were leaking out of the foil.

tytiger58

Truly the motherload of old Ridge zins and cabs on Winebid this week..oof

Could go in on some great old bottles just for a gathering unless you just want to drink them by yourself

bsevern

I just ordered the 2007 cab yesterday, and they had a summer shipping hold option when checking out. Not sure if that was a new option or what, and it says they'll monitor shipping and ship when it's safe to do so, and if you don't select that option they or the winery are not responsible for spoiled wine. Soooo....if that option wasn't there when you checked out, they should take care of it.

I like how LB does it, thick Styrofoam ice chest style shippers with big ice packs for $1...well worth it IMHO.

EDIT: Where did the cab ship from?

ddeuddeg

tytiger58 wrote:Truly the motherload of old Ridge zins and cabs on Winebid this week..oof

Could go in on some great old bottles just for a gathering unless you just want to drink them by yourself

Could be a really interesting gathering. We did that in Chicago in January '09, and had a great time. Cabs from the '80s, and one or two from the '70s. Many of these seem to have issues other than age that would make me wary, though. I'd love to grab up one of those '77 late harvest Zins, just to see how it held up.

jmdavidson

bsevern wrote:I just ordered the 2007 cab yesterday, and they had a summer shipping hold option when checking out. Not sure if that was a new option or what, and it says they'll monitor shipping and ship when it's safe to do so, and if you don't select that option they or the winery are not responsible for spoiled wine. Soooo....if that option wasn't there when you checked out, they should take care of it.

I like how LB does it, thick Styrofoam ice chest style shippers with big ice packs for $1...well worth it IMHO.

EDIT: Where did the cab ship from?

Stockton, CA to San Pablo, CA to your final destination

klezman

quality posts: 121 Private Messages klezman
tytiger58 wrote:Truly the motherload of old Ridge zins and cabs on Winebid this week..oof

Hrm, loves me some Ridge. Let me know if you're actually going to purchase a bunch of them, and I may go in for a few if the prices are right.

2014: 28 bottles. Last wine.woot: Scott Harvey Red Re-Mix
2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

bsevern

jmdavidson wrote:Stockton, CA to San Pablo, CA to your final destination

I'm in Sunnyvale, so not too far, but it's been pretty hot, and getting hotter this week.

jmdavidson

loveladyelectric wrote:They were hot to the touch when I got them, the corks were pushed out of the top of the bottle, and they were leaking out of the foil.

Mine just arrived. Of course it's warm here, so the bottles were warm, but not hot. The corks are starting to protrude, but have not come out (the foil is keeping them in). There is no leakage. Any assessment based on the info provided?

loveladyelectric

jmdavidson wrote:Mine just arrived. Of course it's warm here, so the bottles were warm, but not hot. The corks are starting to protrude, but have not come out (the foil is keeping them in). There is no leakage. Any assessment based on the info provided?

You might have some survivors. I contacted them and they're going to ship new ones when the temp drops.

tytiger58

klezman wrote:Hrm, loves me some Ridge. Let me know if you're actually going to purchase a bunch of them, and I may go in for a few if the prices are right.

I will let you know as this progresses I have a feeling I might be fighting some friends for some of these. And i'm not sure the price is ever right considering the fees.

rjquillin

tytiger58 wrote:I have a feeling I might be fighting some friends for some of these.

Just who do you know that would do such a nefarious deed?

CT

fredrinaldi

quality posts: 34 Private Messages fredrinaldi

woot off this week, Copa Cab Yahhhhhhhhhh