tdedek

quality posts: 4 Private Messages tdedek
blakewoot wrote:Hey, good catch... I ordered three without realizing they were 375s. I don't regret the purchase, but it's certainly a much less stellar deal.

I wish I had grabbed 3 before they sold out. I think WL had already done a good job of bringing down the CT avg for the 375s to about $22 with some previous sales they ran, but nothing as low as today. All in all, I think it was a solid deal, probably the lowest you'll ever see it at.

rjquillin

quality posts: 168 Private Messages rjquillin

I know we had an excellent '05 or '06 of this at Klez's. Thoughts on a San Roman Toro 2008 mag for $60 from Cindy?

CT

tytiger58

quality posts: 74 Private Messages tytiger58
rjquillin wrote:I know we had an excellent '05 or '06 of this at Klez's. Thoughts on a San Roman Toro 2008 mag for $60 from Cindy?

Easy buy for me good thing I won't get them until Fall. Not sure where I'm going to store them.

What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch? ~ W. C. Fields

“Freedom is something that dies unless it's used” Hunter S Thompson

rjquillin

tytiger58 wrote:Easy buy for me good thing I won't get them until Fall. Not sure where I'm going to store them.

A mag. I'd be over 80 before it's ready to drink. A bottle for the kids.

CT

tytiger58

rjquillin wrote:A mag. I'd be over 80 before it's ready to drink. A bottle for the kids.

??? drink up

cmaldoon

quality posts: 62 Private Messages cmaldoon
rjquillin wrote:A mag. I'd be over 80 before it's ready to drink. A bottle for the kids.

I've not had that vintage but with an hour or two this stuff drinks well young. Very new world in style. Also well worth $30 a bottle if you like the style. I have half a case of 2009 due to me as soon as it gets off the boat later this month. I also have 06 and 07 (2-3 bottles total) left in the cellar

2014 - 20 Btl. Fjellene (10 bot), Urraca Chard (10 bot)
Last purchase: 5/3/14

2013 - 75 btl. 2012 - 98 btl. 2011 - 112 btl. 2010 - 30 btl.
My Cellar

rjquillin

tytiger58 wrote:Easy buy for me good thing I won't get them until Fall. Not sure where I'm going to store them.

Running low already? How many you get?

CT

randysanders

quality posts: 4 Private Messages randysanders

Thanks fellow wine drinkers, for directing me to the Toro. I've wanted to get the Toro for a while now, because I need to try a good Spanish wine. Could have been 750 ml., but "The more the merrier".

tytiger58

rjquillin wrote:Running low already? How many you get?

Bought 2 already have 06 07 and 08 but figured a couple of mags would be fun for gatherings/party's. I think you liked the 05 at Klez's?

I always find them great with a big steak.

rjquillin

Kyle,
any thoughts on this Barolo on L18?
2008 Ordine di San Giuseppe Barolo Duo for $70

CT

losthighwayz

quality posts: 58 Private Messages losthighwayz
tytiger58 wrote:Bought 2 already have 06 07 and 08 but figured a couple of mags would be fun for gatherings/party's. I think you liked the 05 at Klez's?

I always find them great with a big steak.

Went in on one. Think it'll hold until 2029? Or just wishful thinking?

"The older I get the better I was"

joelsisk

quality posts: 7 Private Messages joelsisk

Anyone have thoughts on the Brunello special on WL?

Terralsole Riserva Brunello - 2004 - $49

tytiger58

losthighwayz wrote:Went in on one. Think it'll hold until 2029? Or just wishful thinking?

Pretty sure your asking the wrong guy

cmaldoon

tytiger58 wrote:Pretty sure your asking the wrong guy

You just need more old bottles to drink so you can let your newer ones rest!

BTW... I'm assuming that's you on CT that I fanned and you did back. You were in kyle's friends list and from the right area.

My Cellar

tytiger58

cmaldoon wrote:You just need more old bottles to drink so you can let your newer ones rest!

BTW... I'm assuming that's you on CT that I fanned and you did back. You were in kyle's friends list and from the right area.

I will continue to try but when a wine loses most or all of it's tannic grip it just does not suit my palate. Now there are exceptions like a great well aged barolo seems to keep that tannic edge forever and old Ridge zins never seem to fade away just get better.

BTW when are you coming down here to drink some wine

klezman

quality posts: 119 Private Messages klezman
tytiger58 wrote:I will continue to try but when a wine loses most or all of it's tannic grip it just does not suit my palate. Now there are exceptions like a great well aged barolo seems to keep that tannic edge forever and old Ridge zins never seem to fade away just get better.

BTW when are you coming down here to drink some wine

So it's not tannin, then...it's the rest of the aging process. Your standards are just high for aged wine

I tried talking cmaldoon into coming down here also...I assured him we'll host a gathering in his honour.

2014: 28 bottles. Last wine.woot: Scott Harvey Red Re-Mix
2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

tytiger58

klezman wrote:So it's not tannin, then...it's the rest of the aging process. Your standards are just high for aged wine

I tried talking cmaldoon into coming down here also...I assured him we'll host a gathering in his honour.

Yea surprised he has not shown up because you nor cal people like to drink wine

rjquillin

klezman wrote:So it's not tannin, then...it's the rest of the aging process. Your standards are just high for aged wine

I'm told he has family here in SD that I need to visit to pick up a sherry delivery from, and do a drop off as well. So, there is hope, even for SoSoCal.

CT

bdlsmoran

quality posts: 2 Private Messages bdlsmoran

Lot18, have not thought about them in a while, has ventured into flash sales –Lot18 Last Drop. Today they have 2004 Behrens & Hitchcock 4 Blocks Alder Springs Syrah for $24.99. I decided to try it, love me some good Syrah. Seems like a good value. I had a $10.00 credit expiring soon, reducing the shipping charge.

redwinefan

quality posts: 74 Private Messages redwinefan

Good Super Sonoman 2007 Meritage deal up on an unnamed site.

"You need to invest in a corkscrew. Wine is for drinking." -- Peter Wellington

redwinefan

bdlsmoran wrote:Lot18, have not thought about them in a while, has ventured into flash sales –Lot18 Last Drop

Lot18 still can't decide what they want to be. For a while, it seemed like they were turning into a large inventory wine store, but now they want to be WTSO?

bdlsmoran

quality posts: 2 Private Messages bdlsmoran
redwinefan wrote:Lot18 still can't decide what they want to be. For a while, it seemed like they were turning into a large inventory wine store, but now they want to be WTSO?

Agreed, it’s a hot mess

trifecta

quality posts: 69 Private Messages trifecta
redwinefan wrote:Good Super Sonoman 2007 Meritage deal up on an unnamed site.

Pretty tempted by this deal.... not at retail, but the discounted price is pretty great. Especially with FS on just one bottle

redwinefan

trifecta wrote:Pretty tempted by this deal.... not at retail, but the discounted price is pretty great. Especially with FS on just one bottle

I got exactly 1 bottle for that reason

trifecta

redwinefan wrote:I got exactly 1 bottle for that reason

Snagged one too. Anyone know if you can update your ship date at a later time. I pushed mine out to September, but if things cool down I might want it sooner if possible.

tdedek

quality posts: 4 Private Messages tdedek
trifecta wrote:Snagged one too. Anyone know if you can update your ship date at a later time. I pushed mine out to September, but if things cool down I might want it sooner if possible.

I haven't before, but I'm sure an email to their CS will take care of it.

trifecta

trifecta wrote:Snagged one too. Anyone know if you can update your ship date at a later time. I pushed mine out to September, but if things cool down I might want it sooner if possible.

Wow, gone already.

rjquillin

redwinefan wrote:Good Super Sonoman 2007 Meritage deal up on an unnamed site.

PM atcha

CT

Synos10

quality posts: 14 Private Messages Synos10

St. Domingue Saint Emilion Grand Cru 1998 on LastBottle . . . I know its a good label but nothing about the producer.

jmdavidson

quality posts: 54 Private Messages jmdavidson

Did anyone jump on either of these offers today:
1. At Cindy: Villacreces Pruno 2009, $11.88, FS with 3. Based on CT, good QPR.
(Took a flier on this one.)
2. At Wine Spies, 2004 Erba Mountainside Vineyards Syrah (Atlas Peak), 1 at $37.99, 2nd at $.07. Decent reviews found on google search. FS with 6. If anyone in Chicago wants to split an order to save on shipping, send me PM.

tytiger58

jmdavidson wrote:Did anyone jump on either of these offers today:
1. At Cindy: Villacreces Pruno 2009, $11.88, FS with 3. Based on CT, good QPR.
(Took a flier on this one.)
2. At Wine Spies, 2004 Erba Mountainside Vineyards Syrah (Atlas Peak), 1 at $37.99, 2nd at $.07. Decent reviews found on google search. FS with 6. If anyone in Chicago wants to split an order to save on shipping, send me PM.

I thought the Pruno was drain pour..sorry

rjquillin

tytiger58 wrote:I thought the Pruno was drain pour..sorry

Clearly you're just a regular kinda guy then.
But the earlier was the '11, and this '09, fwiw.

CT

jmdavidson

tytiger58 wrote:I thought the Pruno was drain pour..sorry

25 users on CT gave it an 88. Wine searcher had it at 90. Did you try more than one bottle? Just thinking maybe you had a bad bottle.

tytiger58

jmdavidson wrote:25 users on CT gave it an 88. Wine searcher had it at 90. Did you try more than one bottle? Just thinking maybe you had a bad bottle.

Try more than one bottle is a little bit of a push, I opened 2 bottles and after one glass of each the rest was headed quickly down the sink...and not my fault 25 people on CT have bad taste

Edit: Ron is probably right different year??

loveladyelectric

quality posts: 23 Private Messages loveladyelectric
Synos10 wrote:St. Domingue Saint Emilion Grand Cru 1998 on LastBottle . . . I know its a good label but nothing about the producer.

I read pruny in the description and that's a huge turn off for me.

rjquillin

tytiger58 wrote:Try more than one bottle is a little bit of a push, I opened 2 bottles and after one glass of each the rest was headed quickly down the sink...and not my fault 25 people on CT have bad taste

Was it you and I that split some of the '10, or 11, or whatever it was?

CT

tytiger58

rjquillin wrote:Was it you and I that split some of the '10, or 11, or whatever it was?

Yup and may I suggest you make a big pot of sauce with your bottles?

jmdavidson

tytiger58 wrote:Yup and may I suggest you make a big pot of sauce with your bottles?

Glad to know it wasn't the 09 that was the plunk.

cmaldoon

jmdavidson wrote:Glad to know it wasn't the 09 that was the plunk.

I had 1 bottle of the 09 and it wasn't awful. Typical $15 wine. I wasn't searching for more but also wasn't dissatisfied.

My Cellar

ddeuddeg

quality posts: 26 Private Messages ddeuddeg
tytiger58 wrote:Try more than one bottle is a little bit of a push, I opened 2 bottles and after one glass of each the rest was headed quickly down the sink...and not my fault 25 people on CT have bad taste

Don't forget that acid-loving plants like hydrangeas, azaleas, rhododendrons, and others can benefit from some watered down wine as fertilizer occasionally. They don't really mind if it's plonk.

"Always keep a bottle of Champagne in the fridge for special occasions. Sometimes the special occasion is that you've got a bottle of Champagne in the fridge". - Hester Browne

Ddeuddeg's Cheesecake Cookbook