fredrinaldi

quality posts: 35 Private Messages fredrinaldi

After going through my racks, I gazed upon my 11 bottle of Rockus Bockus and decided to contact them to see if they would be offering any wine on WW in the future, alas no was their answer, I will cherish my 11 bottles, sad that was a great wine buy when it was offered.

bsevern

quality posts: 109 Private Messages bsevern
fredrinaldi wrote:After going through my racks, I gazed upon my 11 bottle of Rockus Bockus and decided to contact them to see if they would be offering any wine on WW in the future, alas no was their answer, I will cherish my 11 bottles, sad that was a great wine buy when it was offered.

I've yet to open any of my Rockus Bockus, or the Swami Pinot. I wonder how well these wines will age?

chipgreen

quality posts: 189 Private Messages chipgreen
fredrinaldi wrote:After going through my racks, I gazed upon my 11 bottle of Rockus Bockus and decided to contact them to see if they would be offering any wine on WW in the future, alas no was their answer, I will cherish my 11 bottles, sad that was a great wine buy when it was offered.

Here you go

fredrinaldi

Looks like a nice offer on WTSO right now 73% off on some Spanish red 2 pack.
took a chance and bought one 2 pack

losthighwayz

quality posts: 59 Private Messages losthighwayz
fredrinaldi wrote:Looks like a nice offer on WTSO right now 73% off on some Spanish red 2 pack.

Just saw that...tempted as well. Anyone on here have any thoughts?

"The older I get the better I was"

chipgreen

fredrinaldi wrote:Looks like a nice offer on WTSO right now 73% off on some Spanish red 2 pack.

I thought the Rockus Bockus for $12.99 was a pretty good deal, especially with 5% discount on 6 or 10% on 12 (can mix-n-match too). I picked up 3 Rockus Bockus and built a mixed case around them with some Kunde Estate Cab, Gun-Bun Mountain Cuvee, Dry Creek Cab Sauv, etc. They didn't charge sales tax and shipping was only $18.95 to OH but they did add $13 for the 12-pack styrofoam mailer which brought the total shipping cost to $32, about what I expected. Worked out to $14.35/bottle shipped for the RB.

fredrinaldi

chipgreen wrote:I thought the Rockus Bockus for $12.99 was a pretty good deal, especially with 5% discount on 6 or 10% on 12 (can mix-n-match too). I picked up 3 Rockus Bockus and built a mixed case around them with some Kunde Estate Cab, Gun-Bun Mountain Cuvee, Dry Creek Cab Sauv, etc. They didn't charge sales tax and shipping was only $18.95 to OH but they did add $13 for the 12-pack styrofoam mailer which brought the total shipping cost to $32, about what I expected. Worked out to $14.35/bottle shipped for the RB.

Ya thanks I started looking at that and had to run off to a meeting, will check it out further.
Darn work getting in the way of my wine buying

see they have Kunde Estate Cabernet for 15 bucks, might do a mixed case like you mentioned

Synos10

quality posts: 14 Private Messages Synos10

Just saw this on Last Bottle right now: Chateau Riou de Thaillas St. Emilion Grand Cru 2000. Anyone know about this wine?

bsevern

Synos10 wrote:Just saw this on Last Bottle right now: Chateau Riou de Thaillas St. Emilion Grand Cru 2000. Anyone know about this wine?

Bummer it didn't last long, now they have Chateau Labat Haut Medoc 2010 up.

What was the price on the 2000?

Synos10

quality posts: 14 Private Messages Synos10
bsevern wrote:Bummer it didn't last long, now they have Chateau Labat Haut Medoc 2010 up.

What was the price on the 2000?

Bummer indeed, I got sidetracked and missed it. $19 a bottle.

chipgreen

fredrinaldi wrote:Ya thanks I started looking at that and had to run off to a meeting, will check it out further.
Darn work getting in the way of my wine buying

see they have Kunde Estate Cabernet for 15 bucks, might do a mixed case like you mentioned

Lol, for some reason that reminded me of an old anti-drug commercial where the guy says, "I do coke so I can work more. So I can earn more money. So I can buy more coke. So I can work more...."

According to the winestore website blog, they have sold literally thousands of cases of Rockus Bockus so I guess that explains why it's not on woot anymore.

fredrinaldi

chipgreen wrote:Lol, for some reason that reminded me of an old anti-drug commercial where the guy says, "I do coke so I can work more. So I can earn more money. So I can buy more coke. So I can work more...."

According to the winestore website blog, they have sold literally thousands of cases of Rockus Bockus so I guess that explains why it's not on woot anymore.

funny stuff
wow, thats a lot of Rockus Bockus, I do like the site.

cmaldoon

quality posts: 62 Private Messages cmaldoon

I picked up 2 sets and sprang for 2 day shipping for just $6 total.

Love me some Spanish wine!

2014 - 20 Btl. Fjellene (10 bot), Urraca Chard (10 bot)
Last purchase: 5/3/14

2013 - 75 btl. 2012 - 98 btl. 2011 - 112 btl. 2010 - 30 btl.
My Cellar

losthighwayz

cmaldoon wrote:I picked up 2 sets and sprang for 2 day shipping for just $6 total.

Love me some Spanish wine!

I was comparing that offer to the recent WW offer (two Geyser Peak for $40). In my mind, getting two highly rated Spanish wines for $48 delivered and no tax trumps the WW offer that on its face seemed like a great one. In essence, I felt better about how much I paid (if it were a woot offer): $35.99 plus $7 shipping + $4.50 tax for a much better deal IMO

redwinefan

quality posts: 74 Private Messages redwinefan

Can anyone who purchased this Summerwood from LB last time let us know if it is worth picking up right now?

"You need to invest in a corkscrew. Wine is for drinking." -- Peter Wellington

kylemittskus

quality posts: 231 Private Messages kylemittskus
redwinefan wrote:Can anyone who purchased this Summerwood from LB last time let us know if it is worth picking up right now?

I like the winery a lot, but know up front that they make intentionally HUGE wines -- lots of, but IMO balanced, oak, big lush tannin, big fruit.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

redwinefan

quality posts: 74 Private Messages redwinefan
kylemittskus wrote:I like the winery a lot, but know up front that they make intentionally HUGE wines -- lots of, but IMO balanced, oak, big lush tannin, big fruit.

Well, I like that sort of wine, so I'm in for 2. Thanks for the feedback.

"You need to invest in a corkscrew. Wine is for drinking." -- Peter Wellington

tytiger58

quality posts: 74 Private Messages tytiger58

06 Eagles Trace Cabernet on TSO plat yum!

What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch? ~ W. C. Fields

“Freedom is something that dies unless it's used” Hunter S Thompson

tdedek

quality posts: 4 Private Messages tdedek
tytiger58 wrote:06 Eagles Trace Cabernet on TSO plat yum!

I'm in!

tytiger58

tdedek wrote:I'm in!

+4

losthighwayz

tytiger58 wrote:+4

Is it a great QPR? Any info would help. Thanks

rjquillin

quality posts: 174 Private Messages rjquillin
tytiger58 wrote:06 Eagles Trace Cabernet on TSO plat yum!

You guys cost me $$.

CT

tytiger58

rjquillin wrote:You guys cost me $$.

Enabler payback is a "B"

As for QPR I think it's worth every penny easily, love the wines and the winemaker YMMV

rjquillin

So who's watching Cindy?
Preview of next weeks clearance is 2008 Elias Mora Toro Crianza @ $16/btl FS3+

CT

fredrinaldi

rjquillin wrote:So who's watching Cindy?
Preview of next weeks clearance is 2008 Elias Mora Toro Crianza @ $16/btl FS3+

checking so many site, which is it that has the clearance on the 15th?

rjquillin

fredrinaldi wrote:checking so many site, which is it that has the clearance on the 15th?

A full week @ Cindy, beginning the 15th.

Looking at the Ridgeline CF on WTSO, good numbers, but spotty CT.

CT

jmdavidson

quality posts: 57 Private Messages jmdavidson

TSO plati has B Cellars, Blend 25, Napa Valley, Cabernet Sauvignon/Syrah 2006 By Kirk Venge for $23 with Free Shipping on 2 or more. This winery has been up on WW before. Any feedback from prior buyers?

blakewoot

quality posts: 11 Private Messages blakewoot

Great deal right now at Cinderella Wine on Gould Campbell 2007 Port. $15 with free shipping on 3. CT value is $36, and there are great pro reviews. I haven't had this vintage, but it's a reliable vintner and other vintages have been excellent.

tdedek

quality posts: 4 Private Messages tdedek
blakewoot wrote:Great deal right now at Cinderella Wine on Gould Campbell 2007 Port. $15 with free shipping on 3. CT value is $36, and there are great pro reviews. I haven't had this vintage, but it's a reliable vintner and other vintages have been excellent.

Keep in mind the Cindy deal is the 375, not the 750. Avg CT price for the split was around $22 earlier, dropping now with everyone adding their Cindy purchases. Still looks to be a really good deal for a well regarded port vintage.

bdlsmoran

quality posts: 2 Private Messages bdlsmoran

Over on velvetpalate.com they have Bella Vetta Cabernet Sauvignon 2007 for $24.99 per bottle with free shipping on 2. Use coupon code: “Congratulations” for an additional $10.00 off. Net - $20.00 per bottle shipped.
Seems like a good deal for a 2007 cab with Howell Mountain fruit
PM me if you need an invite

loveladyelectric

quality posts: 23 Private Messages loveladyelectric
bdlsmoran wrote:Over on velvetpalate.com they have Bella Vetta Cabernet Sauvignon 2007 for $24.99 per bottle with free shipping on 2. Use coupon code: “Congratulations” for an additional $10.00 off. Net - $20.00 per bottle shipped.

Gimme that invite. Howell Mountain fruit in 2007? You've really got to be terrible to make bad wine from that fruit.

bdlsmoran

loveladyelectric wrote:Gimme that invite. Howell Mountain fruit in 2007? You've really got to be terrible to make bad wine from that fruit.

Invite send - check your PM

loveladyelectric

quality posts: 23 Private Messages loveladyelectric
bdlsmoran wrote:Invite send - check your PM

Got some. Dear God their check out page was full of issues. Hopefully it's better on firefox or something.

bdlsmoran

loveladyelectric wrote:Got some. Dear God their check out page was full of issues. Hopefully it's better on firefox or something.

Tell me about it, it’s hard as hell to check out. I hope you enjoy the wine.

jmdavidson

bdlsmoran wrote:Over on velvetpalate.com

No invite needed to join, but do get a $? credit if we use you for the invite?

bdlsmoran

jmdavidson wrote:No invite needed to join, but do get a $? credit if we use you for the invite?

Full disclosure I do receive a $25.00 credit if someone joins using my invite. Not pushing the site or product just thought it looked like a good deal.

jmdavidson

bdlsmoran wrote:Full disclosure I do receive a $25.00 credit if someone joins using my invite. Not pushing the site or product just thought it looked like a good deal.

No prob...PM sent.

bdlsmoran

jmdavidson wrote:No prob...PM sent.

Thanks - PM sent as well

blakewoot

quality posts: 11 Private Messages blakewoot
tdedek wrote:Keep in mind the Cindy deal is the 375, not the 750. Avg CT price for the split was around $22 earlier, dropping now with everyone adding their Cindy purchases. Still looks to be a really good deal for a well regarded port vintage.

Hey, good catch... I ordered three without realizing they were 375s. I don't regret the purchase, but it's certainly a much less stellar deal.

bsevern

bdlsmoran wrote:Over on velvetpalate.com they have Bella Vetta Cabernet Sauvignon 2007 for $24.99 per bottle with free shipping on 2. Use coupon code: “Congratulations” for an additional $10.00 off. Net - $20.00 per bottle shipped.

Very, very tempting.