tdedek


quality posts: 4 Private Messages tdedek
cmaldoon wrote:Wait... where did you find this info? Were you emailed that?



When you are on the site, underneath the description at the top right is a link that says 'Click here to learn about platinum membership'. From the link:

As these are exclusive offers to our top customers and will often be of reduced quantity, we ask you to please not post Platinum offers on public websites, blogs, Facebook, or Twitter. Posting the offers in a public forum will cause damage to our purchasing power with the wineries and make it more difficult for us to present to you, our best customers, these limited offers. Therefore, in order to protect our winery partners, we reserve the right to remove you from Platinum at any time if you post our Platinum offers publicly.

cmaldoon


quality posts: 62 Private Messages cmaldoon
tdedek wrote:



Good to know. I guess any reference here should not include a Price. Just a note to check WTSO Plat.

2014 - 20 Btl. Fjellene (10 bot), Urraca Chard (10 bot)
Last purchase: 5/3/14

2013 - 75 btl. 2012 - 98 btl. 2011 - 112 btl. 2010 - 30 btl.
My Cellar

kylemittskus


quality posts: 233 Private Messages kylemittskus
cmaldoon wrote:Wait... where did you find this info? Were you emailed that?



And how would they know who's doing the posting? I'd be screwed, obviously, but some of you might as well be anonymous.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

jmdavidson


quality posts: 59 Private Messages jmdavidson

I saw the warning and will heed any future references. But, you would think that WTSO just got a free plug for their Platinum program, got some of us here interested enough to join and possibly even got some to buy this latest offer. In spite of their "secrecy," and possible penalties for disclosure of the product, they just made money. Isn't that why these places are in business?

cmaldoon


quality posts: 62 Private Messages cmaldoon
jmdavidson wrote:I saw the warning and will heed any future references. But, you would think that WTSO just got a free plug for their Platinum program, got some of us here interested enough to join and possibly even got some to buy this latest offer. In spite of their "secrecy," and possible penalties for disclosure of the product, they just made money. Isn't that why these places are in business?



They indeed did just get a good plug and some new customers.

I don't think the issue is disclosing that there IS a platinum program, they just don't want the name AND price of a wine widely distributed together.

I do understand their point of having an area with a little tighter control though if it can net them a few better offers.

2014 - 20 Btl. Fjellene (10 bot), Urraca Chard (10 bot)
Last purchase: 5/3/14

2013 - 75 btl. 2012 - 98 btl. 2011 - 112 btl. 2010 - 30 btl.
My Cellar

rjquillin


quality posts: 189 Private Messages rjquillin

So, did anyone grab some?
I got distracted with work.

CT

cmaldoon


quality posts: 62 Private Messages cmaldoon
rjquillin wrote:So, did anyone grab some?
I got distracted with work.



Nope. Haven't purchased anything From that site yet. I am waiting on better offers and hoping to purchase A'maurice "The Tobey" from Lot 18 if I keep my expenses down this weekend.

2014 - 20 Btl. Fjellene (10 bot), Urraca Chard (10 bot)
Last purchase: 5/3/14

2013 - 75 btl. 2012 - 98 btl. 2011 - 112 btl. 2010 - 30 btl.
My Cellar

bsevern


quality posts: 110 Private Messages bsevern

Interestingly the platnium deal typically has free shipping w/just a one bottle purchase, I like that.

I'm so tempted to buy the Burgundy 1er Cru Pommard Poutures 2011
Dom. Mazilly Pere & Fils Free Shipping on 2, BUT it probably needs 10-20 years in the cellar....still seems like a great deal.

tytiger58


quality posts: 74 Private Messages tytiger58
bsevern wrote:Interestingly the platnium deal typically has free shipping w/just a one bottle purchase, I like that.

I'm so tempted to buy the Burgundy 1er Cru Pommard Poutures 2011
Dom. Mazilly Pere & Fils Free Shipping on 2, BUT it probably needs 10-20 years in the cellar....still seems like a great deal.



Agree!

What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch? ~ W. C. Fields

“Freedom is something that dies unless it's used” Hunter S Thompson




ddeuddeg


quality posts: 35 Private Messages ddeuddeg
cmaldoon wrote:I don't think the issue is disclosing that there IS a platinum program, they just don't want the name AND price of a wine widely distributed together.

That's how I read that, as well. But Kyle is right, they would have a tough time identifying some of us.

"Always keep a bottle of Champagne in the fridge for special occasions. Sometimes the special occasion is that you've got a bottle of Champagne in the fridge". - Hester Browne


Ddeuddeg's Cheesecake Cookbook

trifecta


quality posts: 74 Private Messages trifecta

I know there are some fans of aged Raymond Cabernet out there... Invino has the 1992 Raymond Private Reserve Cab for $30.

Don't know much about the year or how these are holding up. I remember one at the vintage night at cmaldoon's I think.... can't remember the vintage though.

EDIT: Here is cmaldoon's CT:
Accessible fairly quickly. A bit of bottle funk that quickly resolves into a warm aged cherry with a hint of vanilla. This bottle threw a lot of dark sediment. It was a nice aged wine that anyone could appreciate. Not especially complex, but solid. It held up very well over 3 hours showing best 2 hours in. This bottle was very consistent with other aged Raymond's I have had. I'll buy this (and any 15+ year old Raymond) at $30 any day

Sounds like if he has the space he will buy it at the $30 asking...

noslensj


quality posts: 47 Private Messages noslensj
bsevern wrote:Interestingly the platnium deal typically has free shipping w/just a one bottle purchase, I like that.



I'm not seeing that. When I check the offerings the minimum for free shipping is like the main site - varying from one to four depending on the offering price. The current offer, for example, is priced at $18.99 and requires ordering 3 to get the free shipping. Maybe there's a small break there - seems to that on the main site perhaps a minimum of four is required at that price point.

cmaldoon


quality posts: 62 Private Messages cmaldoon
trifecta wrote:
Sounds like if he has the space he will buy it at the $30 asking...



Have before and will again but this weekend I get to pay Klez for the 2 bottles of '84 BV Georges de Latour he got for me.

2014 - 20 Btl. Fjellene (10 bot), Urraca Chard (10 bot)
Last purchase: 5/3/14

2013 - 75 btl. 2012 - 98 btl. 2011 - 112 btl. 2010 - 30 btl.
My Cellar

trifecta


quality posts: 74 Private Messages trifecta
cmaldoon wrote:Have before and will again but this weekend I get to pay Klez for the 2 bottles of '84 BV Georges de Latour he got for me.



Nice. Didn't know you would be in town this weekend. Hoping we might see Klez as well. Not sure of their schedule.

bsevern


quality posts: 110 Private Messages bsevern

Some sweet deals on WTSO today, three nice Brunello's for $75.

Brunello di Montalcino Sangiovese D.O.C.G. 3-Pack
1 Bottle: Terralsole Brunello di Montalcino Sangiovese 2007
1 Bottle: Fattoria La Lecciaia Vigna Manapetra Brunello di Montlacino 2006
1 Bottle: La Fiorita Brunello di Montalcino Sangiovese 2005

losthighwayz


quality posts: 63 Private Messages losthighwayz
bsevern wrote:Some sweet deals on WTSO today, three nice Brunello's for $75.

Brunello di Montalcino Sangiovese D.O.C.G. 3-Pack
1 Bottle: Terralsole Brunello di Montalcino Sangiovese 2007
1 Bottle: Fattoria La Lecciaia Vigna Manapetra Brunello di Montlacino 2006
1 Bottle: La Fiorita Brunello di Montalcino Sangiovese 2005



Are you familiar with any of the producers in this offer? Really tempted!

Edit: went in somewhat blindly. I hope it pays off!

"The older I get the better I was"

loveladyelectric


quality posts: 23 Private Messages loveladyelectric

Anyone tried this Gemstone Cab blend on LB? No discount because apparently it's hard to find...

tdedek


quality posts: 4 Private Messages tdedek
loveladyelectric wrote:Anyone tried this Gemstone Cab blend on LB? No discount because apparently it's hard to find...



I know they are a high quality producer. In my limited experience w/ them, I felt they weren't worth the price tag, but I haven't had this release. Or many others for that matter - I can remember a 2008 Facets and a 2006 Cab. Both very good, just didn't justify the price for me.

I quit researching when I found it on wine-searcher at 2 local shops, one for $69 (NY).

jmdavidson


quality posts: 59 Private Messages jmdavidson

Cindy has an Aldo Conterno Barbera Tre Pile 2008 for $19.99 each, free shipping with 6. Anyone in Chicago want to split some of this offer so we can save on the shipping?

EDIT, much later: Too late. Can still be purchased via WL.

cmaldoon


quality posts: 62 Private Messages cmaldoon

Ritchey Creek Spring Mountain Cab Vertical on Last Bottle
2000, 2005, 2007

Anyone know anything about this? Description sounds fantastic. Year selection as well. Good CT reviews. The deal versus CT average isn't great (40 vs 45-50) but it is still a great price in general for spring Mt cab.

2014 - 20 Btl. Fjellene (10 bot), Urraca Chard (10 bot)
Last purchase: 5/3/14

2013 - 75 btl. 2012 - 98 btl. 2011 - 112 btl. 2010 - 30 btl.
My Cellar

tytiger58


quality posts: 74 Private Messages tytiger58
cmaldoon wrote:Ritchey Creek Spring Mountain Cab Vertical on Last Bottle
2000, 2005, 2007

Anyone know anything about this? Description sounds fantastic. Year selection as well. Good CT reviews. The deal versus CT average isn't great (40 vs 45-50) but it is still a great price in general for spring Mt cab.



Ugghh the hype and the ct notes might get me on this one, sounds delicious!

What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch? ~ W. C. Fields

“Freedom is something that dies unless it's used” Hunter S Thompson




fredrinaldi


quality posts: 42 Private Messages fredrinaldi

WTSO Platinum today is
Napa Cabernet 2006
Murphy Vineyards $18.99 any info?

fredrinaldi


quality posts: 42 Private Messages fredrinaldi
tytiger58 wrote:Ugghh the hype and the ct notes might get me on this one, sounds delicious!



on the fence @ $40 a bottle, need some push, any thoughts?

fredrinaldi


quality posts: 42 Private Messages fredrinaldi

WOW sell out on Wine woot, glad I jumped in early

kylemittskus


quality posts: 233 Private Messages kylemittskus
fredrinaldi wrote:on the fence @ $40 a bottle, need some push, any thoughts?



No clue about the winery but the fruit source is top notch.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

bsevern


quality posts: 110 Private Messages bsevern
cmaldoon wrote:Ritchey Creek Spring Mountain Cab Vertical on Last Bottle
2000, 2005, 2007

Anyone know anything about this? Description sounds fantastic. Year selection as well. Good CT reviews. The deal versus CT average isn't great (40 vs 45-50)
but it is still a great price in general for spring Mt cab.



2000 was a very lackluster year, BUT I have Robert Keenan 2000 Spring Mt. Merlot Reserve that's fantastic. In general I'm a huge fan of Spring Mt. fruit, and this is a tempting offer, but would be much more enticing if the 2000 bottle was from 2001, 2004, or 2006. I'm not familiar with the winery, but I like the old world style they proclaim it to be (lower alcohol, etc.). @ $40/bottle, it's a bit of a c r a p shoot IMHO.

bsevern


quality posts: 110 Private Messages bsevern
fredrinaldi wrote:WTSO Platinum today is
Napa Cabernet 2006
Murphy Vineyards $18.99 any info?



Thinking about jumping in, anyone in the bay area want to take a bottle off my hands??

mommadeb1


quality posts: 18 Private Messages mommadeb1
fredrinaldi wrote:WTSO Platinum today is
Napa Cabernet 2006
Murphy Vineyards $18.99 any info?



I thought we weren't supposed to tell what they had and their price?

kylemittskus


quality posts: 233 Private Messages kylemittskus
mommadeb1 wrote:I thought we weren't supposed to tell what they had and their price?



Fred laughs in the face of threats.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

tdedek


quality posts: 4 Private Messages tdedek
mommadeb1 wrote:I thought we weren't supposed to tell what they had and their price?



I just got an email from WTSO saying my account was upgraded to Platinum because I am such a great customer, but I've had access to the site for about half a year. Looks like an automated mailer. Now when I login and go to the Platinum page and click the link to learn more about Platinum, they have taken off the part about not advertising their offers and prices in public forums.

To me, looks like there is about to be a mass upgrade across their system and the Platinum deals are not going to be as sweet as they once were or at least harder to pounce on with all the heads in the room. The secret is out...

mommadeb1


quality posts: 18 Private Messages mommadeb1
tdedek wrote:I just got an email from WTSO saying my account was upgraded to Platinum because I am such a great customer, but I've had access to the site for about half a year. Looks like an automated mailer. Now when I login and go to the Platinum page and click the link to learn more about Platinum, they have taken off the part about not advertising their offers and prices in public forums.

To me, looks like there is about to be a mass upgrade across their system and the Platinum deals are not going to be as sweet as they once were or at least harder to pounce on with all the heads in the room. The secret is out...



sounds good to me... just didn't want the site to go away cause we spilled the beans!

cmaldoon


quality posts: 62 Private Messages cmaldoon
cmaldoon wrote:Ritchey Creek Spring Mountain Cab Vertical on Last Bottle
2000, 2005, 2007



Anything else? I'm still fence sitting. Wine berserkers didn't have much either.

I wish it were $10 cheaper per bottle. It'd be a no brainer.

2014 - 20 Btl. Fjellene (10 bot), Urraca Chard (10 bot)
Last purchase: 5/3/14

2013 - 75 btl. 2012 - 98 btl. 2011 - 112 btl. 2010 - 30 btl.
My Cellar

losthighwayz


quality posts: 63 Private Messages losthighwayz

I am copying and pasting what I wrote on today's offering's thread:

Well, I hope WD et al. are listening to wooters' wallets. A two-pack wih little winery participation and no tasting notes sold out before noon. In other words, offer more low buy-in, affordable offers and there may be An uptick in sales. Plenty of other sites out there these days competing for your business...keep the wooters wooting! Just sayin'

"The older I get the better I was"

tytiger58


quality posts: 74 Private Messages tytiger58
cmaldoon wrote:Anything else? I'm still fence sitting. Wine berserkers didn't have much either.

I wish it were $10 cheaper per bottle. It'd be a no brainer.



If it wasn't for the 2000 I would have jumped.

What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch? ~ W. C. Fields

“Freedom is something that dies unless it's used” Hunter S Thompson




tdedek


quality posts: 4 Private Messages tdedek
mommadeb1 wrote:sounds good to me... just didn't want the site to go away cause we spilled the beans!



Right! Love their low minimums for free shipping. I've gotten quite a few good bottles from there.

blakewoot


quality posts: 11 Private Messages blakewoot

Nice offer up on Cinderella Wine right now. Two Washington State red blends from Zanzibar Cellars for $35, free shipping on two two-packs. I have not had these particular wines, but I ordered six bottles of the Zanzibar "Long Wide Life" Syrah recently from Cinderella, and it was very nice with excellent QPR.

fredrinaldi


quality posts: 42 Private Messages fredrinaldi
blakewoot wrote:Nice offer up on Cinderella Wine right now. Two Washington State red blends from Zanzibar Cellars for $35, free shipping on two two-packs. I have not had these particular wines, but I ordered six bottles of the Zanzibar "Long Wide Life" Syrah recently from Cinderella, and it was very nice with excellent QPR.


Oh great another wine site to check out daily

rjquillin


quality posts: 189 Private Messages rjquillin
fredrinaldi wrote:Oh great another wine site to check out daily

You've not been on Cindy or WL?
Check THIS then.

CT

fredrinaldi


quality posts: 42 Private Messages fredrinaldi
rjquillin wrote:You've not been on Cindy or WL?
Check THIS then.



NOW thats what I'm talking about ! 1 site with it all.
BOOKMARKED !!

joelsisk


quality posts: 10 Private Messages joelsisk
fredrinaldi wrote:NOW thats what I'm talking about ! 1 site with it all.
BOOKMARKED !!



well, a bunch anyway. not wine.woot.