quality posts: 74 Private Messages tytiger58

WTSO has the 2009 Umbria IGT Cabernet
Falesco 'Marciliano' $24.99

I loved the 05 and 07.

What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch? ~ W. C. Fields

“Freedom is something that dies unless it's used” Hunter S Thompson

ERMD

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ERMD

so what do you think of the wine thermometer on woot sellout cheap stuff?

losthighwayz

quality posts: 59 Private Messages losthighwayz
tytiger58 wrote:I have/had the 04 or the 05 I will check when I get home but that bottle was a hot mess. Really good producer but all vintages are not created equal YMMV

:Edit: my mistake it was the 06 that was too hot

Thanks for checking. I held out long enough to let it "sell out" though I wish I had gone in.

"The older I get the better I was"

rjquillin

quality posts: 173 Private Messages rjquillin
ERMD wrote:so what do you think of the wine thermometer on woot sellout cheap stuff?

HERE $10

CT

losthighwayz

Anyone in SoCal willing to take a chance on the Stone Paddock PN on LB and split six?

jmdavidson

quality posts: 57 Private Messages jmdavidson

New LB offer: 2007 Col Solare Red Wine (Bordeaux blend) for $39@. Went to a dinner party and one of the guests brought a bottle of this. 91.2 on CT for 59 tasting notes. Agree that it has dark fruits, is full bodied and very smooth.

loveladyelectric

quality posts: 23 Private Messages loveladyelectric
jmdavidson wrote:New LB offer: 2007 Col Solare Red Wine (Bordeaux blend) for $39@. Went to a dinner party and one of the guests brought a bottle of this. 91.2 on CT for 59 tasting notes. Agree that it has dark fruits, is full bodied and very smooth.

I've had this at a tasting in the past month. Agreed that it's a good wine, but $39 is what my local wine shop is charging. This is not a deal.

tytiger58

WTSO Platinum has 09 Tallulah Stagecoach Syrah..17.99

ddeuddeg

quality posts: 29 Private Messages ddeuddeg
tytiger58 wrote:WTSO Platinum has 09 Tallulah Stagecoach Syrah..17.99

How does one access this Platinum?

"Always keep a bottle of Champagne in the fridge for special occasions. Sometimes the special occasion is that you've got a bottle of Champagne in the fridge". - Hester Browne

Ddeuddeg's Cheesecake Cookbook

redwinefan

quality posts: 74 Private Messages redwinefan

What is WTSO Platinum and why am I not a member? I've ordered a ton from them.

"You need to invest in a corkscrew. Wine is for drinking." -- Peter Wellington

kylemittskus

quality posts: 229 Private Messages kylemittskus

That's a buy, IMO.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

ddeuddeg

redwinefan wrote:What is WTSO Platinum and why am I not a member? I've ordered a ton from them.

Tallulah Stagecoach Syrah is the one wine I've been waiting to buy from them Awesome Syrah btw.

+1. It seems like you only need to email them and ask. I've just done that, but I'm sure I won't get anywhere with it in time to get any of that Syrah.

"Always keep a bottle of Champagne in the fridge for special occasions. Sometimes the special occasion is that you've got a bottle of Champagne in the fridge". - Hester Browne

tytiger58

ddeuddeg wrote:How does one access this Platinum?

Sorry at the beach with my girls...all you have to do is email them. Thought everyone had already done that? Sold out BTW

Bought 4 so when I get them in the fall gathering at my place

:Edit: if you want one Kyle??

redwinefan

Nothing to see here.

tytiger58

redwinefan wrote:Darn, I'm so bummed. I don't know how I've never heard of WTSO Platinum, but now I'm guessing the wine won't be showing up WTSO regular anytime soon. At least I still have one bottle left in my wine locker.

They also have a handy little Platinum app that takes you right to the buy page so you can make quick buys that gets SWMBO all riled up

rjquillin

ddeuddeg wrote:How does one access this Platinum?

And what is Platinum. Never heard of it. Something like Premier on Invino?

CT

kylemittskus

tytiger58 wrote::Edit: if you want one Kyle??

Yeah. It doesn't count if it's being held until fall, right?

jrdnmiller

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jrdnmiller

Cindy has a Phelps 2008 Insignia for 180.

ddeuddeg

rjquillin wrote:And what is Platinum. Never heard of it. Something like Premier on Invino?

Not really. You just have to send them an email and ask to be added to the Platinum notification list. I did that yesterday, and got a fairly prompt reply saying I'd been added, but no notifications yet.

tytiger58

ddeuddeg wrote:Not really. You just have to send them an email and ask to be added to the Platinum notification list. I did that yesterday, and got a fairly prompt reply saying I'd been added, but no notifications yet.

I believe after they add you all you have to do is sign in and you will see a (check platinum campaign) link at the top right of your screen.

ddeuddeg

tytiger58 wrote:I believe after they add you all you have to do is sign in and you will see a (check platinum campaign) link at the top right of your screen.

Still waiting to see that link, and wondering if they've sold out the Tallulah. If so, I have plenty of wine to drown my sorrows.

rjquillin

tytiger58 wrote:I believe after they add you all you have to do is sign in and you will see a (check platinum campaign) link at the top right of your screen.

An informed source tells me those that requested access will see blue after 13:00 EDT.

CT

jmdavidson

rjquillin wrote:An informed source tells me those that requested access will see blue after 13:00 EDT.

Per WTSO:
Platinum is a secondary campaign (low inventory wine) offered to some of our more elite members (anyone who inquires about it).

For a member to access Platinum, they would need to log into their account and look for the blue star located in the upper right corner of the home page. Below this star is a link informing them if the Platinum Campaign is open or closed. To access “click the link”, the Main Campaign should then change to the Platinum offering (You can click the link again to return to the regular campaign).

We do not send any email offerings for each new item that is offered on Platinum. You are required to monitor the site for each new wine or take advantage of our Platinum Twitter feed.

Platinum is open seven days a week, start time is 1pm eastern and will continue until sold out. We added you to this list, there are never any obligations to order so feel free to enjoy reading about some of our greatest wines!!

EDIT (additional comment): have to agree with the others. Like I really need another site/offer to tempt me.

mommadeb1

quality posts: 17 Private Messages mommadeb1
redwinefan wrote:Darn, I'm so bummed. I don't know how I've never heard of WTSO Platinum, but now I'm guessing the wine won't be showing up WTSO regular anytime soon. At least I still have one bottle left in my wine locker.

uh oh... another site to get me into trouble!!!!

redwinefan

Nothing to see here.

ddeuddeg

redwinefan wrote:Tallulah is off the Platinum site, but I was able to procure some by writing into their customer support.

I've got to say WTSO has great customer service.

Also, platinum site now has a very tempting Michel-Schlumberger Estate Chardonnay for $12.99

They do have great customer service, and that Chard is very tempting, especially since I know that it was made by the winemaker who was there before the Fall 2011 sale of the winery.

losthighwayz

I just wish WTSO would get rid of Wilfred Wong, I mean Jonathan Newman reviews. I would take them more seriously.

tdedek

quality posts: 4 Private Messages tdedek

Good Champagne half bottle deal on Vitis.com:

Le Brun Servenay 'Brut Sélection' Champagne Grand Cru NV - Half Bottle

23.99 ea / Free Shipping on 3, total $71.97

Use code FRNDVITIS and get $10 off, total $61.97

Message me for an invite if you don't have an account and get another $5 off, total $56.97.

Lowest Wine Searcher price I can find is $62.99 for a 750ml, not including shipping. I'm in for a set or 2. Gets some good love on CT.

ddeuddeg

losthighwayz wrote:I just wish WTSO would get rid of Wilfred Wong, I mean Jonathan Newman reviews. I would take them more seriously.

Seriously. I don't even read his drivel, but I've had a few of their favorites, and I don't feel like I'm taking too much of a chance. A number of Burgess Cellars offers have been fabulous QPR, for example.

redwinefan

Anybody have experience with ordering from Los Angeles Wine Co? I'm finding a few wines I want at very good prices there, but their website is frustrating.

bsevern

quality posts: 109 Private Messages bsevern

Anyone local want to split some 2008 Albert Seltz Alsace Riesling @ $12/bottle???

EDIT: From Vitis BTW.

jmdavidson

Not sure if there are any Barolo fans out there, but WTSO has a Michele Chiarlo Barolo Tortoniano 2005 for $23.99 with Free Shipping. At this price, with shipping and no tax, you can try an almost 8 year old barolo.

kylemittskus

jmdavidson wrote:Not sure if there are any Barolo fans out there, but WTSO has a Michele Chiarlo Barolo Tortoniano 2005 for $23.99 with Free Shipping. At this price, with shipping and no tax, you can try an almost 8 year old barolo.

It's likely at least 2 years from ready.

rjquillin

jmdavidson wrote:Not sure if there are any Barolo fans out there, but WTSO has a Michele Chiarlo Barolo Tortoniano 2005 for $23.99 with Free Shipping. At this price, with shipping and no tax, you can try an almost 8 year old barolo.

Was that brief? Still seeing the Caymus Chard for the past couple hours.

CT

cmaldoon

quality posts: 62 Private Messages cmaldoon
rjquillin wrote:Was that brief? Still seeing the Caymus Chard for the past couple hours.

WTSO platinum as discussed earlier on this page.

2014 - 20 Btl. Fjellene (10 bot), Urraca Chard (10 bot)
Last purchase: 5/3/14

2013 - 75 btl. 2012 - 98 btl. 2011 - 112 btl. 2010 - 30 btl.
My Cellar

bsevern

cmaldoon wrote:WTSO platinum as discussed in the last couple pages here

Interestingly my WTSO platinum link vaporized. W T H ?

ddeuddeg

bsevern wrote:Interestingly my WTSO platinum link vaporized. W T H ?

Try signing off and back on. BTW, everyone, WTSO Platinum has a policy prohibiting posting their offers on public forums such as this one. They threaten to kick you out of Platinum if you don't abide by this.

rjquillin

bsevern wrote:Interestingly my WTSO platinum link vaporized. W T H ?

Same for me. I was logged in, and could purchase, but no blue star. Logged out & in, bingo; star is back.

So, confirming this is not the riserva.

CT

bsevern

rjquillin wrote:Same for me. I was logged in, and could purchase, but no blue star. Logged out & in, bingo; star is back.

So, confirming this is not the riserva.

Yep that's what it was, actually I tried it before seeing the posts here, but it's back

cmaldoon

quality posts: 62 Private Messages cmaldoon
ddeuddeg wrote: BTW, everyone, WTSO Platinum has a policy prohibiting posting their offers on public forums such as this one. They threaten to kick you out of Platinum if you don't abide by this.

Wait... where did you find this info? Were you emailed that?

2014 - 20 Btl. Fjellene (10 bot), Urraca Chard (10 bot)
Last purchase: 5/3/14

2013 - 75 btl. 2012 - 98 btl. 2011 - 112 btl. 2010 - 30 btl.
My Cellar