jmdavidson

quality posts: 55 Private Messages jmdavidson

Tonight on Cinderella Wine (don't tell Fred about this website. It'll just be more temptation for him.), they have the 2008 Campo Alla Sughera Arnione Superiore for $30 (free shipping with 3). Normally about $45. Consists of CS, M, PV and CF. Good reviews. No CT reviews, but other vintages all score well.

fredrinaldi

quality posts: 34 Private Messages fredrinaldi
jmdavidson wrote:Tonight on Cinderella Wine (don't tell Fred about this website. It'll just be more temptation for him.), they have the 2008 Campo Alla Sughera Arnione Superiore for $30 (free shipping with 3). Normally about $45. Consists of CS, M, PV and CF. Good reviews. No CT reviews, but other vintages all score well.

Say what ? ? ?
Cinderella Wine
gotta check this out,
BTW my UCLA Bruins are on the way to the College World Series Finals, GO BRUINS !!!!

zTimothyBz

quality posts: 2 Private Messages zTimothyBz

Anyone here near Palm Desert CA or going to Palm Springs? A new Total Wine has opened and that generally means they have 30%-off coupons in the small, local papers.

Official holder of unofficial, unauthorized, non-woot gatherings.
My cellar

cmaldoon

quality posts: 62 Private Messages cmaldoon

Speaking of total wine: I just picked up 10 bottles of Garnacha del Fuego Old Vines 2011 From total wine in Redondo Beach for less then a six dollars a bottle. I originally got this at Cindarella wine And it drinks MUCH above this level. I'd pay $15-$20 for juice of this quality. Highly recommended for QPR.

But watch out, total wine is evil. I walked out with Not just the wine but two bottles of whiskey as well.

Balvenie Caribbean cask 14
Redbreast 15

2014 - 20 Btl. Fjellene (10 bot), Urraca Chard (10 bot)
Last purchase: 5/3/14

2013 - 75 btl. 2012 - 98 btl. 2011 - 112 btl. 2010 - 30 btl.
My Cellar

fredrinaldi

quality posts: 34 Private Messages fredrinaldi
cmaldoon wrote:Speaking of total wine: I just picked up 10 bottles of Garnacha del Fuego Old Vines 2011 From total wine in Redondo Beach for less then a six dollars a bottle. I originally got this at Cindarella wine And it drinks MUCH above this level. I'd pay $15-$20 for juice of this quality. Highly recommended for QPR.

But each out, total wine is evil. I walked out with Not just the wine but two bottles of whiskey as well.

Redbreast 15

Thats the one I go to. Live in MB you?

jmdavidson

cmaldoon wrote:Speaking of total wine: I just picked up 10 bottles of Garnacha del Fuego Old Vines 2011 From total wine in Redondo Beach for less then a six dollars a bottle. I originally got this at Cindarella wine And it drinks MUCH above this level. I'd pay $15-$20 for juice of this quality. Highly recommended for QPR.

But each out, total wine is evil. I walked out with Not just the wine but two bottles of whiskey as well.

Redbreast 15

Just my 2 cents. I also picked this up at Cinderella for $6.50 each. Served it yesterday at a big, outdoor party. Nice fruit flavor, similar to sangria. Was perfect for summer sipping.

cmaldoon

fredrinaldi wrote:Thats the one I go to. Live in MB you?

Santa Clara. I was down seeing the house I grew up in in Torrance one last time before it sells.

My Cellar

cmaldoon

jmdavidson wrote:Just my 2 cents. I also picked this up at Cinderella for $6.50 each. Served it yesterday at a big, outdoor party. Nice fruit flavor, similar to sangria. Was perfect for summer sipping.

Ever tried it after a few hours of air? I recall it develops nicely with good undertones. It is fruity though, a Parker Grenache.

My Cellar

jmdavidson

cmaldoon wrote:Ever tried it after a few hours of air? I recall it develops nicely with good undertones. It is fruity though, a Parker Grenache.

Yes. Recorked a bottle from last night and finished it tonight. Less fruity and smoother tonight. This is a great QPR; rare to find any wine this good at $6.50.

klezman

quality posts: 120 Private Messages klezman
cmaldoon wrote:Santa Clara. I was down seeing the house I grew up in in Torrance one last time before it sells.

I've got a lot of wine that needs to get to your neck of the woods. Stop by next time, say hi, have a glass of wine! (Then take some bottles with you for yourself, joatmon, tenuki, etc. )

2014: 28 bottles. Last wine.woot: Scott Harvey Red Re-Mix
2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

jcarlton03

quality posts: 6 Private Messages jcarlton03

Anyone else get an email from LB about not having the En Tirage Extra Brut Russian River 1992?

They said they sold more than they had at the time and now have to wait for more to be shipped to them before they can fill their orders.

Has this ever happened to you?

It's great to be a Florida Gator!

cmaldoon

jcarlton03 wrote:

Yep, some places screw up on the inventory side of things. Even Woot has done it. At least in this case they can get more!

My Cellar

jcarlton03

cmaldoon wrote:Yep, some places screw up on the inventory side of things. Even Woot has done it. At least in this case they can get more!

I see. Too bad I paid extra to have it shipped now instead of holding it until after summer, then there would have been no problem.

Complaining about the little things... life must be good.

cmaldoon

jcarlton03 wrote:I see. Too bad I paid extra to have it shipped now instead of holding it until after summer, then there would have been no problem.

Complaining about the little things... life must be good.

If you paid extra, you should be able to get that changed, get a small refund, and get it at the end of summer again

My Cellar

blakewoot

quality posts: 11 Private Messages blakewoot
cmaldoon wrote:If you paid extra, you should be able to get that changed, get a small refund, and get it at the end of summer again

Last Bottle has messed up a few of my orders - most notably on one of their big sales last summer where it took several weeks to find out that about a third of the wines I had bought and paid for were oversold or "lost." That said, they have always been friendly, responsive, and amenable to any suggestions at fixing their mistakes.

Last month I bought four bottles of a Gary Farrel syrah. A few days later they let me know that they could only fulfill two of those bottles, so I suggested replacing them with their current Halcon offer which was around the same price. They did that, and I was satisfied.

So just email them and I'm sure thay will work it out.

ddeuddeg

quality posts: 29 Private Messages ddeuddeg
jcarlton03 wrote:Anyone else get an email from LB about not having the En Tirage Extra Brut Russian River 1992?

They said they sold more than they had at the time and now have to wait for more to be shipped to them before they can fill their orders.

Thanks for posting this. I did not get such an email, but I looked at my order history, and based on the tracking number, it hasn't actually shipped yet, which is a good thing, because they've always used FedEx, so that's my shipping address, but this time they're sending it via UPS, and I overlooked that when I placed the order. I've emailed them to re-direct it, because if it goes to the FedEx office on a UPS truck, they'll refuse it, and it will get shipped back.

"Always keep a bottle of Champagne in the fridge for special occasions. Sometimes the special occasion is that you've got a bottle of Champagne in the fridge". - Hester Browne

Ddeuddeg's Cheesecake Cookbook

jcarlton03

ddeuddeg wrote: I overlooked that when I placed the order. I've emailed them to re-direct it, because if it goes to the FedEx office on a UPS truck, they'll refuse it, and it will get shipped back.

Glad my post helped. I was a little disappointed it was coming UPS because the option I chose was Fedex Refrigerated truck. I guess we will see what they have to say when the wine comes in.

klezman

LB has 2006 Keller La Cruz Syrah for $15. I enjoyed the 2004 in 2011, so this is probably right in a great window. Anybody want to share? merbill?

2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

bsevern

quality posts: 109 Private Messages bsevern
klezman wrote:LB has 2006 Keller La Cruz Syrah for $15. I enjoyed the 2004 in 2011, so this is probably right in a great window. Anybody want to share? merbill?

Grr...need this like I need a hole in my head

Any south bay area folks want to split?

klezman

bsevern wrote:Grr...need this like I need a hole in my head

Any south bay area folks want to split?

That is almost exactly my reaction. Nicely aged, good juice, solid style. I will not be sad to miss it though. I'm full up with wine.

ddeuddeg

jcarlton03 wrote:Glad my post helped. I was a little disappointed it was coming UPS because the option I chose was Fedex Refrigerated truck. I guess we will see what they have to say when the wine comes in.

I got a nice response from Sarah at LB, saying that UPS is the only one who offers the refrigerated option they need, meaning essentially I'm SOL unless I can intercept the package once it leaves the reefer, and have them hold it at the UPS depot. I suggested that they make that info more readily available, since their shipping page still says FedEx Refrigerated Shipping, and the checkout page doesn't say anything different. I'm just hoping it gets here before we leave for Barcelona on 7/10.

"Always keep a bottle of Champagne in the fridge for special occasions. Sometimes the special occasion is that you've got a bottle of Champagne in the fridge". - Hester Browne

chipgreen

quality posts: 184 Private Messages chipgreen
ddeuddeg wrote:Thanks for posting this. I did not get such an email, but I looked at my order history, and based on the tracking number, it hasn't actually shipped yet, which is a good thing, because they've always used FedEx, so that's my shipping address, but this time they're sending it via UPS, and I overlooked that when I placed the order. I've emailed them to re-direct it, because if it goes to the FedEx office on a UPS truck, they'll refuse it, and it will get shipped back.

Same here, no email and UPS label generated last week but not yet moving through the system.

ddeuddeg

chipgreen wrote:Same here, no email and UPS label generated last week but not yet moving through the system.

Essentially just like w.w, no info until it arrives at the UPS hub close to us. Hopefully, I'll see something before it gets to the FedEx depot, and get it diverted the way I need to.

tdedek

quality posts: 4 Private Messages tdedek

Looks like a good deal on a Premier Cru White Burgundy on Vitis.com:

Thierry et Pascale Matrot Meursault-Blagny Premier Cru 2010

$24.99 and free shipping on 3 for a total of $74.97.

Use code FRNDVITIS for $10 off for a total of $64.97.

Message me for an invite to Vitis and get another $5 off for a total of $59.97 for all 3 bottles.

Good reviews (for what they are worth) and average CT price of around $50 per. Looks like a deal and I'm in @ $65 for 3.

tdedek

quality posts: 4 Private Messages tdedek
tdedek wrote:Looks like a good deal on a Premier Cru White Burgundy on Vitis.com:

Thierry et Pascale Matrot Meursault-Blagny Premier Cru 2010

And gone.

cmaldoon

Geyser Peak reserve meritage 2006 up on wines hopper for $25/ bottle. Free shipping on 4.

It was here 3 months ago for $30/ bottle

Looks like they are trying to purge the stock. Anyone tried this?

My Cellar

jmdavidson

Invino has this wine for sale: 2009 Fotinos Brothers Cabernet Sauvignon, Lake Spring Ranch Vineyard, Napa Valley, Rutherford, 96pts Rated & "Extraordinary" for $38. It looks intersting, but very little info on the Internet. Has anyone tried this or their wines?

karenhynes

quality posts: 10 Private Messages karenhynes
jmdavidson wrote:Invino has this wine for sale: 2009 Fotinos Brothers Cabernet Sauvignon, Lake Spring Ranch Vineyard, Napa Valley, Rutherford, 96pts Rated & "Extraordinary" for $38. It looks intersting, but very little info on the Internet. Has anyone tried this or their wines?

Why am I always the most intrigued by the wines with the least available information? Grrrr!

Wine is bottled poetry - Robert Louis Stevenson

cmaldoon

jmdavidson wrote:Invino has this wine for sale: 2009 Fotinos Brothers Cabernet Sauvignon, Lake Spring Ranch Vineyard, Napa Valley, Rutherford, 96pts Rated & "Extraordinary" for $38. It looks intersting, but very little info on the Internet. Has anyone tried this or their wines?

I had their PN through woot. Absolutely fantastic. Not enough info on this cab for me to buy though

My Cellar

redwinefan

quality posts: 74 Private Messages redwinefan

Looks interesting. I did see they had offered the 2007 vintage of this wine at 2 for $60 in 2011, but $38/btl for 2009 appears to be the best current price.

"You need to invest in a corkscrew. Wine is for drinking." -- Peter Wellington

pseudogourmet98

quality posts: 16 Private Messages pseudogourmet98

R. Storey Reserve Cab Kristen's Vineyard Sonoma Valley 2011 By Ty Caton for $20 on WTSO. I have not had Ty Caron but I do see a lot of love for it on these boards. Do I want this?

noslensj

quality posts: 42 Private Messages noslensj
pseudogourmet98 wrote:R. Storey Reserve Cab Kristen's Vineyard Sonoma Valley 2011 By Ty Caton for $20 on WTSO. I have not had Ty Caron but I do see a lot of love for it on these boards. Do I want this?

In addition to a lot of Ty Caton love, you will also see a lot of opinion that the Ty Caton name garners an unwarranted pricing premium.

pseudogourmet98

quality posts: 16 Private Messages pseudogourmet98
noslensj wrote:In addition to a lot of Ty Caton love, you will also see a lot of opinion that the Ty Caton name garners an unwarranted pricing premium.

So I take that as a no?

kylemittskus

quality posts: 229 Private Messages kylemittskus
pseudogourmet98 wrote:So I take that as a no?

I would guess the QPR is meh at best.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

rc70

quality posts: 1 Private Messages rc70

At $20ea including shipping on 4 it is worth it, picked some up last time a couple of months ago and in for 4 more - have it shipped in the fall and don't have to worry about summer shipping.

jmdavidson

WTSO: Loacker Corte Pavone Brunello di Montalcino vertical 2003/2004/2005 for $90. Aged BdM for this price...amazing.

losthighwayz

quality posts: 58 Private Messages losthighwayz
jmdavidson wrote:WTSO: Loacker Corte Pavone Brunello di Montalcino vertical 2003/2004/2005 for $90. Aged BdM for this price...amazing.

Is this a. known producer? I am not familiar with Brunellos or Italian wines for that matter but intrigued by this offer.

"The older I get the better I was"

moondigger

quality posts: 11 Private Messages moondigger
losthighwayz wrote:Is this a. known producer? I am not familiar with Brunellos or Italian wines for that matter but intrigued by this offer.

They're a consistent producer, able to deliver good quality even from less-than-stellar vintages. I've had a couple of their Rosso di Montalcinos before, and they were good. I tend not to buy many Brunellos because they command a huge price compared to a Rosso.

Rossos and Brunellos are made from the same grape, but Brunellos spend a lot more time aging before release, and tend to be bigger, more tannic, and usually less fruit-forward (though there are exceptions).

I'm very intrigued by this offering as well...

supesk6

quality posts: 0 Private Messages supesk6
losthighwayz wrote:Is this a. known producer? I am not familiar with Brunellos or Italian wines for that matter but intrigued by this offer.

I'm tempted, as well. I keep going back hoping it has sold out, but it is still up. I may not be able to hold out much longer . . .

tytiger58

quality posts: 74 Private Messages tytiger58

I have/had the 04 or the 05 I will check when I get home but that bottle was a hot mess. Really good producer but all vintages are not created equal YMMV

:Edit: my mistake it was the 06 that was too hot

What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch? ~ W. C. Fields

“Freedom is something that dies unless it's used” Hunter S Thompson