bsevern

quality posts: 108 Private Messages bsevern
fredrinaldi wrote:$14.99 each bought 4 got free shipping

Hell of a deal, and super good Alexander Valley 2007 cab.

loveladyelectric

quality posts: 22 Private Messages loveladyelectric

Anyone grab the Derbyshire pinot noir from LB? I wanted some but was in a meeting.

bsevern

loveladyelectric wrote:Anyone grab the Derbyshire pinot noir from LB? I wanted some but was in a meeting.

Negative flight leader

loveladyelectric

quality posts: 22 Private Messages loveladyelectric
jmdavidson wrote:LB has Derbyshire Pinot Noir Reserve San Simeon 2007 for $20/bottle. Any PN drinkers that could shed some light on this one?

I'm pretty sure it's where Stillman got the grapes for his new PN. The vineyard has never yielded more than 1 ton/acre. I tried Stillman's before bottling and it was decent when being poured out of a water bottle. Haven't had it since.

fredrinaldi

quality posts: 22 Private Messages fredrinaldi
bsevern wrote:Hell of a deal, and super good Alexander Valley 2007 cab.

Sweet !!
Will pop one open July 4th

pseudogourmet98

quality posts: 12 Private Messages pseudogourmet98

WTSO server crash? Can't connect on windows, Firefox or IOS. anyone else having problems?

bdlsmoran

quality posts: 2 Private Messages bdlsmoran
pseudogourmet98 wrote:WTSO server crash? Can't connect on windows, Firefox or IOS. anyone else having problems?

It's back up

fredrinaldi

WTSO is killing me today
Michel-Schlumberger
Cabernet 'La Cime'
Dry Creek Valley 2009

fredrinaldi

Surprise! !
Copa's offered on WW right now,

pseudogourmet98

quality posts: 12 Private Messages pseudogourmet98
fredrinaldi wrote:Surprise! !
Copa's offered on WW right now,

You in for 3?

fredrinaldi

pseudogourmet98 wrote:You in for 3?

smart a*s*s

jmdavidson

quality posts: 47 Private Messages jmdavidson

Uncorked.com has up, 1 of each, for $99, includes shipping:
1. Terlato Family Vineyards Angels' Peak 2006
2. Terlato Family Vineyards Devils' Peak 2007
3. Terlato Family Vineyards Cardinals' Peak 2007
I have never had any Terlato wines, but I know there are some fans of Terlato on this blog. Any feedback?

chipgreen

quality posts: 152 Private Messages chipgreen
jmdavidson wrote:Uncorked.com has up, 1 of each, for $99, includes shipping:
1. Terlato Family Vineyards Angels' Peak 2006
2. Terlato Family Vineyards Devils' Peak 2007
3. Terlato Family Vineyards Cardinals' Peak 2007
I have never had any Terlato wines, but I know there are some fans of Terlato on this blog. Any feedback?

You might have had one of their wines without even knowing it. They own quite a few wineries.
EDIT: whoa... including Iron Horse?

kylemittskus

quality posts: 224 Private Messages kylemittskus
chipgreen wrote:You might have had one of their wines without even knowing it. They own quite a few wineries.
EDIT: whoa... including Iron Horse?

These huge wine conglomerates scare the s*** out of me. I thought IH stood alone. Apparently not.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

JOATMON

quality posts: 19 Private Messages JOATMON
kylemittskus wrote:These huge wine conglomerates scare the s*** out of me. I thought IH stood alone. Apparently not.

Don't scare me like that...

From what I can tell by digging around a little, Terlato is (among other things) a wine marketing company. Terlato reps Iron Horse, but does not own it.

Juvie: 30+24+4; Sellout: 6+7+0
Rags: 3+2+3
Drunk: 69+94+15 wine, 20+29+4 non-wine
Rugrat: 0+0+0; Refunded: 2+3+1
(as of 2011-03-02)

bdlsmoran

Ty is up at WTSO

fredrinaldi

WTSO
Ty Caton Cabernet 2010
Caton Vineyard, Sonoma

bdlsmoran

bdlsmoran wrote:Ty is up at WTSO

That went quick

chipgreen

quality posts: 152 Private Messages chipgreen
JOATMON wrote:Don't scare me like that...

From what I can tell by digging around a little, Terlato is (among other things) a wine marketing company. Terlato reps Iron Horse, but does not own it.

That makes sense. I wondered why their (supposedly) complete list of wineries on the one page did not include all the brands shown on the logo page and that would explain it. Thanks for the research!

fredrinaldi

anyone use nakedwines.com?

losthighwayz

quality posts: 54 Private Messages losthighwayz

Any thoughts on Louis latour PN on wtso right now? Never had a grand cru and curious

"The older I get the better I was"

rjquillin

quality posts: 152 Private Messages rjquillin
losthighwayz wrote:Any thoughts on Louis latour PN on wtso right now? Never had a grand cru and curious

Decent CT I'd take one off your hands. Almost looks like a WTSO exclusive.

CT

moondigger

quality posts: 11 Private Messages moondigger

2007 Eagles Trace Cabernet up at WTSO for $35/bottle, free shipping on 2 or more. I ordered 2.

I figure if I tell all of you about it you'll buy it and they'll sell out before I give in and buy more.

tytiger58

quality posts: 73 Private Messages tytiger58
moondigger wrote:2007 Eagles Trace Cabernet up at WTSO for $35/bottle, free shipping on 2 or more. I ordered 2.

I figure if I tell all of you about it you'll buy it and they'll sell out before I give in and buy more.

The 06 was fantastic

What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch? ~ W. C. Fields

“Freedom is something that dies unless it's used” Hunter S Thompson

cmaldoon

quality posts: 61 Private Messages cmaldoon
tytiger58 wrote:The 06 was fantastic

Damn you both.

and CT too!

2014 - 10 Btl. Fjellene (10 bot)
Last purchase: 3/4/14

2013 - 75 btl. 2012 - 98 btl.
2011 - 112 btl. 2010 - 30 btl.
Bungled Original Communicator 2 My Cellar

moondigger

tytiger58 wrote:The 06 was fantastic

I have some of the '06 lying down as well. Haven't opened it yet. Given that 2007 was supposedly a superior vintage, I'm having a really hard time resisting ordering more.

tytiger58

quality posts: 73 Private Messages tytiger58
moondigger wrote:I have some of the '06 lying down as well. Haven't opened it yet. Given that 2007 was supposedly a superior vintage, I'm having a really hard time resisting ordering more.

I'm in!

What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch? ~ W. C. Fields

“Freedom is something that dies unless it's used” Hunter S Thompson

jmdavidson

moondigger wrote:2007 Eagles Trace Cabernet up at WTSO for $35/bottle, free shipping on 2 or more. I ordered 2.

Just to save you from yourself, I, too, ordered 2.

bsevern

This is the kind of offer I can't refuse! I've been stocking up on Eagle Trace wines lately, and the 2007 cab rounds out my 2005-2006 vertical

2007 Eagles Trace Cabernet Sauvignon Napa Valley 3 (750ml) 93.3 points
2006 Eagles Trace Cabernet Sauvignon Napa Valley 2 (750ml) 91.7 points
2006 Eagles Trace Latitude 38 Napa Valley 2 (750ml) 92.8 points
2005 Eagles Trace Latitude 38 Napa Valley 2 (750ml) 91.6 points
2010 Eagles Trace Pinot Noir Estate Grown Valhalla Vineyard Napa Valley 1 (750ml) 90 points
2009 Eagles Trace Pinot Noir Estate Grown Valhalla Vineyard Napa Valley 1 (750ml) 91.2 points

joelsisk

quality posts: 5 Private Messages joelsisk

Looks good, but CT community value is 35.14... so not much of a deal?

moondigger

bsevern wrote:This is the kind of offer I can't refuse! I've been stocking up on Eagle Trace wines lately, and the 2007 cab rounds out my 2005-2006 vertical

I have the 2005 Latitude 38, but not the Cab. Your list actually looks a lot like mine, but I don't have the Pinot Noir.

moondigger

joelsisk wrote:Looks good, but CT community value is 35.14... so not much of a deal?

I would guess because most of the CT users got theirs in similar offers from WTSO. If you check pricing for the various vintages on wine-searcher, you'll see that other sources sell it for ~$44-50, not including shipping.

fredrinaldi

I'm on the fence... only because I have 2 & 1/2 cases from the woot off and cheapskate Wed. on their way,... But so tempting

cmaldoon

I only got 2 and have a feeling I will regret only getting 2

cmaldoon

joelsisk wrote:Looks good, but CT community value is 35.14... so not much of a deal?

Not much of a better deal than others get but still just $35 for a CT 91-93 year after year wine. That gets my attention. Especially since it IS ONLY $35 and therefore doesn't have score inflation due to price on CT

bsevern

moondigger wrote:I have the 2005 Latitude 38, but not the Cab. Your list actually looks a lot like mine, but I don't have the Pinot Noir.

I believe the Pinot Noir is going to be fantastic, BUT it's far too young to drink now. The Latitude 38 is a Bordeaux blend, and looks to be another fantastic ET wine. I believe all these wines retail for something like $75++ each.

From all the reviews I read while contemplating my first Eagles Trace purchase, it looks like they make some seriously good, high end juice.

bdlsmoran

Maison Nicolas Perrin Hermitage Blanc, 2008 Rhône Valley, France on vitis.com for $39.99 or $29.99 with FRNDVITIS or $24.99 with FRNDVITIS and invite -- Shipped (1)

91 points WS
90 CT

Let me know if you need an invite

jmdavidson

cmaldoon wrote:Not much of a better deal than others get but still just $35 for a CT 91-93 year after year wine. That gets my attention. Especially since it IS ONLY $35 and therefore doesn't have score inflation due to price on CT

And $35 includes taxes and shipping, so it makes it seem even cheaper.

moondigger

cmaldoon wrote:Not much of a better deal than others get but still just $35 for a CT 91-93 year after year wine.

I don't think the Eagles Trace wines we're referring to get a wide distribution, due to the relatively low quantities made. (Something like ~450-500 cases for each vintage of the Cabernet, for example.) So most people who buy it anyplace other than the winery have to do so by ordering online.

According to wine-searcher, various vintages are available from various online sources. The lowest price I'm seeing is $44 plus shipping from anywhere other than WTSO. Most sellers list the cabs at $50 or more plus shipping.

I think this is simply a case of WTSO dominating the online sales of this particular wine. That doesn't mean it's not much of a deal... it means a lot of people are aware of the deal and take advantage of it when it comes up.

In any case, while I appreciate the effort you all have been making to protect me from buying more, it is still available... and I think I'm gonna go in for a couple more.

bsevern

What I find interesting about Eagle Trace is that they're one of those by appointment only kind of Napa Valley wineries, which seems like it would cut down a lot of sales opportunities.

I've seen a lot of higher end by appointment only Napa wineries that's juice ends up on the flash sites. For example Quixote and Ehlers Estate have shown up a fair bit over the past couple of years, and both make some very good juice.

Seems like a flawed business model, if you make access to your product difficult or pretentious , a lot of people will move on to a more accessible winery.