tytiger58

quality posts: 74 Private Messages tytiger58
kylemittskus wrote:You bought it too? That's it!!! I'm robbing one of you.

I try not to miss the once in a lifetime deal Kyle! I figure by the time I make the list I might be to old to drink and forget the lady's offer, I will hand deliver

What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch? ~ W. C. Fields

“Freedom is something that dies unless it's used” Hunter S Thompson

bdlsmoran

quality posts: 2 Private Messages bdlsmoran

Ty Caton Cabernet 2011 Winemaker's Cuvee Caton Vineyard $19.99 is up at WTSO.com

noslensj

quality posts: 42 Private Messages noslensj
bdlsmoran wrote:Ty Caton Cabernet 2011 Winemaker's Cuvee Caton Vineyard $19.99 is up at WTSO.com

This is the "Winemakers Cuvee", which may or may not be the same as the Ty Caton Cabernet 2011 Caton Vineyard. Since the Winemakers Cuvee designation is apparently a special designation applied only to the wine he sold to WTSO, I think it's disingenuous for WTSO to say that it can be found elsewhere for $45.

mbuffy

quality posts: 3 Private Messages mbuffy

The 2006 Mr. K The Straw Man is still up on lastbottlewines, so either they have a HUGE amount of it or I'm the only sucker who actually bought it.

fredrinaldi

quality posts: 33 Private Messages fredrinaldi

Ty Caton Winemaker’s Cuvee Caton Vineyard Sonoma Valley Cabernet Sauvignon 2011
on WTSO right now

Update: oops didn't see others posted on this.

fredrinaldi

bdlsmoran wrote:Ty Caton Cabernet 2011 Winemaker's Cuvee Caton Vineyard $19.99 is up at WTSO.com

In for 4

jmdavidson

quality posts: 54 Private Messages jmdavidson

Today on Wine Library they are offering:Zanzibar Sandra Red - 2008. 92 Wine Spectator: Sandra Aldercreek Vineyard Horse Heaven Hills 2008. 92 points. $40 retail, 900 cases made. A distinctive minerality, reminiscent of warm rain on flagstones, runs through the flavor profile of this elegant, refined and powerful red. Dark berry and licorice notes also come through as the finish
persists. Cabernet Sauvignon, Syrah and Cabernet Franc. Drink
now through 2016
Varietals: Cabernet Sauvignon, Syrah / Shiraz, Cabernet Franc
Region Washington
Size 750ML
$19.99 per btl
Anyone in Chicago want to go in on this to save/share some shipping costs?

emmabean2000

quality posts: 6 Private Messages emmabean2000
noslensj wrote:This is the "Winemakers Cuvee", which may or may not be the same as the Ty Caton Cabernet 2011 Caton Vineyard. Since the Winemakers Cuvee designation is apparently a special designation applied only to the wine he sold to WTSO, I think it's disingenuous for WTSO to say that it can be found elsewhere for $45.

Bought the 2010 in April. Very very good juice. For $20, regardless of the $45 WTSO price, it is well worth the $20. In for 4 as well.

tytiger58

jmdavidson wrote:Today on Wine Library they are offering:Zanzibar Sandra Red - 2008. 92 Wine Spectator: Sandra Aldercreek Vineyard Horse Heaven Hills 2008. 92 points. $40 retail, 900 cases made. A distinctive minerality, reminiscent of warm rain on flagstones, runs through the flavor profile of this elegant, refined and powerful red. Dark berry and licorice notes also come through as the finish
persists. Cabernet Sauvignon, Syrah and Cabernet Franc. Drink
now through 2016
Varietals: Cabernet Sauvignon, Syrah / Shiraz, Cabernet Franc
Region Washington
Size 750ML
$19.99 per btl
Anyone in Chicago want to go in on this to save/share some shipping costs?

I had a previous vintage of this and it was well worth the price of admission, I will grab a few.

bsevern

quality posts: 109 Private Messages bsevern

Went in on four of this last time it was up, but have yet to try it as Ty's reds generally benefit from several years of aging.

fredrinaldi

emmabean2000 wrote:Bought the 2010 in April. Very very good juice. For $20, regardless of the $45 WTSO price, it is well worth the $20. In for 4 as well.

..............gone

noslensj

quality posts: 42 Private Messages noslensj
bsevern wrote:Went in on four of this last time it was up, but have yet to try it as Ty's reds generally benefit from several years of aging.

My situation as well, but I already have three previous orders (@ 4 bottles each) laying down.

rjquillin

quality posts: 170 Private Messages rjquillin
tytiger58 wrote:I had a previous vintage of this and it was well worth the price of admission, I will grab a few.

Was that the 2006 Let's Pour had? Gotta try one, the label almost sold this one, and the Tallulah.

CT

tytiger58

rjquillin wrote:Was that the 2006 Let's Pour had? Gotta try one, the label almost sold this one, and the Tallulah.

WL had all kinds of them a year or two ago. 06 IIRC

InFrom

quality posts: 31 Private Messages InFrom
noslensj wrote:This is the "Winemakers Cuvee", which may or may not be the same as the Ty Caton Cabernet 2011 Caton Vineyard. Since the Winemakers Cuvee designation is apparently a special designation applied only to the wine he sold to WTSO, I think it's disingenuous for WTSO to say that it can be found elsewhere for $45.

Good point. Still, so sorry I missed this. Darn work!

klezman

quality posts: 119 Private Messages klezman
tytiger58 wrote:I try not to miss the once in a lifetime deal Kyle! I figure by the time I make the list I might be to old to drink and forget the lady's offer, I will hand deliver

Sounds like the centrepiece of an upcoming dessert wine themed gathering? Molarchae and I have plenty of icewine and other delectables to bring.

2014: 28 bottles. Last wine.woot: Scott Harvey Red Re-Mix
2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

tytiger58

klezman wrote:Sounds like the centrepiece of an upcoming dessert wine themed gathering? Molarchae and I have plenty of icewine and other delectables to bring.

I do love icewine, actually more than any other dessert wine!

And I agree to your proposal. Now if we could just find someone who had some Madera

fredrinaldi

Nice Cab offer on WTSO, I;m buying more wine at WTSO than woot right now, the free shipping & no state tax is a great deal.

redwinefan

quality posts: 74 Private Messages redwinefan

Has anyone tried older vintages of the Sempre Vive Cabernet Sauvignon? I know they've been making the deal site rounds lately.

Invino has a 1998 for $19.99 up.

"You need to invest in a corkscrew. Wine is for drinking." -- Peter Wellington

jmdavidson

redwinefan wrote:Has anyone tried older vintages of the Sempre Vive Cabernet Sauvignon? I know they've been making the deal site rounds lately.

Invino has a 1998 for $19.99 up.

I have not tried any of the SV wines, but did buy the vertical (2002-2006). I was also thinking about picking up 3 bottles of the 1998. Does anyone know if Invino has any secret coupon codes? When you go to checkout there is coupon code box.

redwinefan

jmdavidson wrote:I have not tried any of the SV wines, but did buy the vertical (2002-2006). I was also thinking about picking up 3 bottles of the 1998. Does anyone know if Invino has any secret coupon codes? When you go to checkout there is coupon code box.

Once in a while they send coupon codes with your order to use on future orders. I haven't ordered in a bit, so I don't have any.

I went in for one bottle of the Sempre Vive since I'm trying to be good these days. Mine is holding until after summer, so let me know if you try one prior to that.

rjquillin

quality posts: 170 Private Messages rjquillin

2007 MacRostie Vineyards Pinot Noir Carneros on Invino for $20, FS for 3.
I see some here have this, have any tasted yet?
Richard?

I first encountered MacRostie from his '77 Hacienda Cab. One still left.

CT

redwinefan

WineGarage is running a case deal on vintage cab that seems highly rated (although sparse) on CT. I'll paste some of the email here below:

Save $252 on a case of Old Vine St Helena Cabernet
Vertical 2002, 2003 &2004
Mixed case, 4 bottles each, was $540 now $288

2002 Varozza Cabernet
The '02 vintage was long, dry, and mild with extended "hang- time" which develops intense, ripe berries with deep color and complex flavors. One vintner stated it was the best growing season in her 12 years as a Napa Valley winemaker. Intense blackberry and plum flavors in the beginning, with chocolate and berry pie on the finish. Soft tannins. Wine Enthusiast Vintage Score: 93

2003 Varozza Cabernet
The year we opened the store... a long cool summer allowed great flavor to develop, then September heat spikes kicked up sugars that allowed for an almost perfect harvest. A more balanced wine than the '02 fruit bomb, with classic Napa earthy tobacco and leather components. Dark berry fruit, restrained by great acidity. Firm tannins. Good food wine. Wine Enthusiast Vintage Score: 90

2004 Varozza Cabernet
Early bud break coupled with a few freezes led to a short crop, which means more intensive flavors. One of the earliest harvests on record. Old school Cab with this vintage, with black olive, black pepper, and plum. Well integrated tannin. Wine Enthusiast Vintage Score: 90

I am sorry, but I must gloat a bit securing these vintage wines for you at such a drastic discount. This is our third email sale this year, and I am finding better and better deals to present to you.

PLEASE, WE CAN'T HANDLE A TON OF PHONE CALLS
we will contact you if we need new credit card info.

NO PICK-UPS OR DELAYED SHIPMENTS, WE WILL SHIP WINE IN 2 WEEKS
we will monitor the weather and ship with ice packs if needed at no extra charge.

THIS OFFER IS FOR 12 BOTTLES, 4 OF EACH OF THE ABOVE VINTAGES (NO SUBSTITUTIONS), FOR A COST OF $288.00 US DOLLARS, PLUS SHIPPING AND TAX.

I think you just email todd@winegarage.net if you want one, and they will call you for details.

jmdavidson

Today, on WineAccess, they have:
2006 Stretto Proprietary Red Napa Valley, $159 for a 12-pack.
Reg Price $420, You Save $261 (62%). Shipping is included on all orders!
Has anyone tried this? It's been up before on some other sites.

joelsisk

quality posts: 7 Private Messages joelsisk

Anyone going in on the Keating Cabernet Sauvignon Beckstoffer Georges III 2009 up on lastbottle?

bdlsmoran

joelsisk wrote:Anyone going in on the Keating Cabernet Sauvignon Beckstoffer Georges III 2009 up on lastbottle?

Seems like a good deal, but I do not need 6.

joelsisk

bdlsmoran wrote:Seems like a good deal, but I do not need 6.

Shipping to Denver is only 10 for one bottle or 12 for 5 bottles... average CT price is 63. So with a couple bottles, you're paying just 45 per.

bdlsmoran

joelsisk wrote:Anyone going in on the Keating Cabernet Sauvignon Beckstoffer Georges III 2009 up on lastbottle?

Some notes from Wine Berserkers
Eric, what are your thoughts on the 2009 GIII versus the 2008?

The 2009 has a similar aroma, but a little more tobacco/menthol/smoke. The difference in the palate is (a) the wine has riper fruit flavors, (b) the 2009 leans towards black fruit whereas the 2008 leans toward red, but both vintages still have hints of both, (c) not quite as acidic, and (d) heavier mouthfeel, a bit more body. Even that is a long list, they still have more similarities than differences.

Both vintages had the exact same yield and therefore number of barrels (15). Both had the same amount of new oak (10), so 67% new. The winemaking was the same, so the differences are all in the fruit.

Todd... the 2010 was a very, very small yield, about 1/3 of 2008 and 2009. However, this might turn out to be my favorite of the bunch. It somehow combines the aroma & silkiness of the 2008 with the richness and weight of the 2009

tdedek

quality posts: 4 Private Messages tdedek

I went in on two bottles and ate the $10 or so shipping charge - didn't want 6 bottles either. Still more than worth it imo. Keating is a great producer and though I haven't had this release, went for it based on my previous experiences with them and the vineyard. We will see, but probably not until they have been resting a few years. Might get anxious and crack one young.

During Berserker Day this year, Keating offered a 3 pack vertical of this wine, 2008 - 2010 for $225. If you spread the price evenly across the vintages, that was $75/bottle. Potential for a screaming deal here...

tytiger58

I have the 08 and it is spectacular! Hope this is still up when I get out of my meeting..I will split with anyone..

joelsisk

joelsisk wrote:Shipping to Denver is only 10 for one bottle or 12 for 5 bottles... average CT price is 63. So with a couple bottles, you're paying just 45 per.

I got 3. Just couldn't afford more. Also, did you notice that they have a 2 day air option? it was just $17. I figured this was going to be held for a long while in the cellar, so no rush to get it before fall.

bdlsmoran

joelsisk wrote:I got 3. Just couldn't afford more. Also, did you notice that they have a 2 day air option? it was just $17. I figured this was going to be held for a long while in the cellar, so no rush to get it before fall.

I broke down and got 2, I too am in no rush - Fall is fine.

bsevern

jmdavidson wrote:Today, on WineAccess, they have:
2006 Stretto Proprietary Red Napa Valley, $159 for a 12-pack.
Reg Price $420, You Save $261 (62%). Shipping is included on all orders!
Has anyone tried this? It's been up before on some other sites.

I picked up four bottles of 2007 Stretto from WTSO for $16/bottle.

I brought a bottle to a group gathering over Memorial Day weekend and it was well received by serious wine drinkers and novices alike. I suspect the 2006 is equally good, and at $13.25/bottle, it's a very good deal IMHO.

jmdavidson

Just read all of the comments. Enablers! Your're all enablers. I was trying to NOT buy this. In for 2.

Picked up 2 of the 2008's for $66 from lot18 in June 2011.

fredrinaldi

Cab? where is this offer?
Oops lastbottle, Dah

bdlsmoran

fredrinaldi wrote:Cab? where is this offer?

www.lastbottlewines.com - check you PM for an invite if you needed

jmdavidson

fredrinaldi wrote:Cab? where is this offer?

See what I'm talkin about with the enabling? Fred you need another website, like...

bsevern

WTSO has Eagles Trace '09 and '10
Valhalla Vineyard Napa Pinot Noir 2-Pack Free Shipping $72.99

tytiger58

That was an easy buy!

klezman

quality posts: 119 Private Messages klezman
tytiger58 wrote:I have the 08 and it is spectacular! Hope this is still up when I get out of my meeting..I will split with anyone..

I may be willing to take a bottle or two off your hands. We can sort it out later...as you know I'm not in any rush to acquire more wine.

2014: 28 bottles. Last wine.woot: Scott Harvey Red Re-Mix
2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT