cortot20

quality posts: 130 Private Messages cortot20
redwinefan wrote:If anyone went in on the Diageo sale, I'd recommend double checking your Credit Card statements and looking to see if they've sent you additional emails.

Somehow they managed to modify my order after it had been placed and confirmed to charge me higher prices on the cases. I've been on the phone with them for 20 mins trying to resolve this.

Simply canceling the orders usually fixes everything.

CT

redwinefan

quality posts: 74 Private Messages redwinefan
cortot20 wrote:Simply canceling the orders usually fixes everything.

Yes, that's what I ended up doing. They apparently take a week to actually cancel and refund your card though.

Never before have I had a place send me a confirmation email with my receipt and then a week later bill me a different amount and send me a new confirmation email with a higher price.

"You need to invest in a corkscrew. Wine is for drinking." -- Peter Wellington

North316

quality posts: 107 Private Messages North316
redwinefan wrote:Yes, that's what I ended up doing. They apparently take a week to actually cancel and refund your card though.

Never before have I had a place send me a confirmation email with my receipt and then a week later bill me a different amount and send me a new confirmation email with a higher price.

What was their attempt at an explanation?

My CT
"Trust your homies on the net", Clark Smith.
R.I.P. Inkycatz - Feb. 2013

redwinefan

North316 wrote:What was their attempt at an explanation?

"Technical Error" Their CS is awful. They didn't even bother replying to my initial email question about it.

bud8jr

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bud8jr

Cosa Obra Proprietary Red 2010 up on LB now for $19 fs on 4. Its about 1/2 price from what the winery sells the 2008 and 2009 vintages.

joeliquor

quality posts: 0 Private Messages joeliquor

Anyone have thoughts on the Londer 2010 Gewurtztraminer on Last Bottle?

trevindalton

quality posts: 0 Private Messages trevindalton

If you are wooter from Northern Virginia it might be worth your while to make a trip over the old Giant on Beauregard in Alexandria. They have always had a moderate and very over-priced selection, however the store is closing for good at the end of the month and all their wine is half price. Since the stuff was already inflated a little, really works out to about 30-40% off what you would pay at Total Wine or Costco. A couple examples of what I picked up-- Sonoma Cutrer Chardonnay for 12 a bottle, Mumm Napa Rose for 12 and Erath Pinot for 10. Pretty good deals.

redwinefan

joeliquor wrote:Anyone have thoughts on the Londer 2010 Gewurtztraminer on Last Bottle?

I bought 6 bottles since I can't resist dry Gewurtz and I've had a good Londer Pinot before.

loveladyelectric

quality posts: 23 Private Messages loveladyelectric

Macrae Cabernet Sauvignon Stagecoach Vineyard 2006 on LB for $24. Notes on the 2005 vintage at CT make it look like a steal for that. FS on 6.

redwinefan

loveladyelectric wrote:Macrae Cabernet Sauvignon Stagecoach Vineyard 2006 on LB for $24. Notes on the 2005 vintage at CT make it look like a steal for that. FS on 6.

Love Stagecoach Cab, don't love 2006 Napa Cab. Not sure what to do If it was 2005 or 2007 I would already be in.

Looks like the 2008 version of this wine is also available for $25 from a different website: http://www.winex.com/Newsletter_view.aspx?id=3427 (edit: appears to be sold out)

Winemaker is very good.

loveladyelectric

redwinefan wrote:Love Stagecoach Cab, don't love 2006 Napa Cab. Not sure what to do If it was 2005 or 2007 I would already be in.

Looks like the 2008 version of this wine is also available for $25 from a different website: http://www.winex.com/Newsletter_view.aspx?id=3427 (edit: appears to be sold out)

Winemaker is very good.

I've had some very good 2006 Napa cabs, but most of them haven't drank well until very recently.

redwinefan

loveladyelectric wrote:I've had some very good 2006 Napa cabs, but most of them haven't drank well until very recently.

I ended up buying 2 of the 2006. Free shipping on 6 is too many for me these days.

loveladyelectric

I bit on 3 of the 2008 Tardieu Laurent Hermitage Blanc from LB. All the notes I've found suggest it's pretty good.

kylemittskus

quality posts: 229 Private Messages kylemittskus

Wine.com has 1 cent shipping for new customers. Not sure if they always have this, but I found it by accident.

First-time customers enjoy 1-cent shipping on orders of $49 or more. Use code LOVEWINE in cart.

*New Customers Only. Order must be placed by 11:59pm PT, 5/31/13 and must be at least $49 excluding shipping and tax. Applies to standard shipping only. Wine club purchases are not eligible. Expedited shipping options may include additional charges that are not discountable with this offer. Some products are not eligible for this offer. No other promotion codes, coupon codes or corporate discounts may be applied to this order. Not valid on WineShopper orders or Bordeaux Futures.
"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

North316

quality posts: 107 Private Messages North316
kylemittskus wrote:Wine.com has 1 cent shipping for new customers. Not sure if they always have this, but I found it by accident.

They have always had that. Unfortunately it is not applicable to wineshopper or with any vouchers.

My CT
"Trust your homies on the net", Clark Smith.
R.I.P. Inkycatz - Feb. 2013

emmabean2000

quality posts: 6 Private Messages emmabean2000

Nice WTSO offer. Napa cab vertical. 02-06 Sempre Vive for $100

redwinefan

emmabean2000 wrote:Nice WTSO offer. Napa cab vertical. 02-06 Sempre Vive for $100

Surprising Sempre Vive still has library wines left given how many times they've shown up on Invino and WTSO.

noslensj

quality posts: 41 Private Messages noslensj
emmabean2000 wrote:Nice WTSO offer. Napa cab vertical. 02-06 Sempre Vive for $100

Fred! Fred!!! Calling Fredrinaldi!

Deezy2

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Deezy2

2011 Mollydooker Carnival of Love Shiraz on lastcallwines. 64.99.. Free shipping on 2.

McMalbec

quality posts: 8 Private Messages McMalbec

A 2009 David Noyes Pinot up on the Spies today. Not nearly the pricing of the 2008 offering on Woot earlier this year. Any thoughts, comrades?

cortot20

quality posts: 130 Private Messages cortot20
redwinefan wrote:Yes, that's what I ended up doing. They apparently take a week to actually cancel and refund your card though.

Dealing with Micro wineries I find they mess up on their orders quite a bit. I had 1 ultra small Santa Barbara winery screw up a relatively simple order every step of the way. I had to contact them on three separate occasions for three separate issues. Similar things have happened numerous other times to the point where I love their wine but am ready to cancel the club membership because anytime I place an order beyond the club allocation its a huge headache.

Here's a example of my most recent dealings.
Spring club allotment
1 red, 1 white

I doubled the white and added a different red. (easy so far) I gave them a gift card to cover the full amount minus what should have been an additional $10-15. (should also be easy) I then sent a separate email to the person who handles payment, forwarding her the order update and payment change I had already communicated to the owner so that there could not be any screw ups in their own office. I also let her know that they messed up the billing several other times.

What did I end up with; a charge to credit card for the full club shipment not including the additional bottles. I contacted them then reversed the charge to the card within a week. I received the shipment and found it one bottle short. Online receipt showed four bottles, packing slip showed three and the box contained three. I had to contact them again to ship the extra bottle.

Its nice to support small companies but not when they can't get things right. This leads me to believe there are some that are big picture people and some that are detail people. Let the detail people handle the details.

CT

tdedek

quality posts: 4 Private Messages tdedek

Calling Kyle!

Lastbottle has a SQN Mr. K Noble Man vertical for $329. Includes 02, 03 and 06

kylemittskus

tdedek wrote:Calling Kyle!

Lastbottle has a SQN Mr. K Noble Man vertical for $329. Includes 02, 03 and 06

Just saw it. OH MY FSM!!!!

I have one bottle thanks to Ron and I absolutely, 100%, no question have to keep it at that. But OH MY FSM!!!! If I didn't owe Ron for the bottle he has for me, I'd probably crumble.

tdedek

quality posts: 4 Private Messages tdedek
kylemittskus wrote:Just saw it. OH MY FSM!!!!

I have one bottle thanks to Ron and I absolutely, 100%, no question have to keep it at that. But OH MY FSM!!!! If I didn't owe Ron for the bottle he has for me, I'd probably crumble.

I'm tempted as well but need to stay strong. Surprised there is still some left, they must have a good amount. Figured it would go in a blink.

rjquillin

quality posts: 167 Private Messages rjquillin
kylemittskus wrote:Just saw it. OH MY FSM!!!!

What a great addition this would make for you.

Was just gonna post, but BAM! already here.

CT

loveladyelectric

rjquillin wrote:What a great addition this would make for you.

Was just gonna post, but BAM! already here.

Well, I've got a new cellar trophy.

kylemittskus

loveladyelectric wrote:Well, I've got a new cellar trophy.

You bought it?

loveladyelectric

kylemittskus wrote:You bought it?

:D

kylemittskus

Now, just the 02 is posted:

Wow! Those rare Mr. K 3-packs sold out fast (not surprising - sheesh, we'll never see a deal like that again)! But YOU, you lucky wine aficionado, have stumbled on our SUPER SECRET stash. When we bought the Noble Man cases, we snagged a few extra bottles (not cases, bottles) of the also incredibly rare STRAW MAN from Mr. K. We didn't have enough to send out an email so if you are reading this, good on ya! Ridiculously priced, again, and with off-the-charts scores. Unreal stuff, just like the Noble Man - ultra-intense, epic dessert wine. Only a few bottles...while it lasts!

bdlsmoran

quality posts: 2 Private Messages bdlsmoran
kylemittskus wrote:Now, just the 02 is posted:

Wow! Those rare Mr. K 3-packs sold out fast (not surprising - sheesh, we'll never see a deal like that again)! But YOU, you lucky wine aficionado, have stumbled on our SUPER SECRET stash. When we bought the Noble Man cases, we snagged a few extra bottles (not cases, bottles) of the also incredibly rare STRAW MAN from Mr. K. We didn't have enough to send out an email so if you are reading this, good on ya! Ridiculously priced, again, and with off-the-charts scores. Unreal stuff, just like the Noble Man - ultra-intense, epic dessert wine. Only a few bottles...while it lasts!

Free ground shipping on 2 or more half bottles

loveladyelectric

kylemittskus wrote:Now, just the 02 is posted:

Awwww. Suck it, Last Bottle.

mbuffy

quality posts: 3 Private Messages mbuffy

Got in on both the Sine Qua Non Mr. K Noble Man 3-pack vertical and the SQN Mr. K Straw Man 2002 earlier today...and now I can't stop hitting F5 on lastbottlewines.com wondering if they have anything else cool coming up next.

I used to feel that way about wine.woot...but it seems like it hasn't been so interesting lately.

kylemittskus

mbuffy wrote:Got in on both the Sine Qua Non Mr. K Noble Man 3-pack vertical and the SQN Mr. K Straw Man 2002 earlier today...and now I can't stop hitting F5 on lastbottlewines.com wondering if they have anything else cool coming up next.

I used to feel that way about wine.woot...but it seems like it hasn't been so interesting lately.

You too?!

mbuffy

quality posts: 3 Private Messages mbuffy

Oh god, now lastbottlewines.com has the 2006 SQN Mr. K Straw Man 375ml...2 for free shipping...*sigh* I'm going to go broke today if they keep this up. In for 2...

bsevern

quality posts: 109 Private Messages bsevern
kylemittskus wrote:You too?!

Ditto here too...lots of value plays, but not so much on the higher end, HTF juice....perhaps in the future.

kylemittskus

mbuffy wrote:Oh god, now lastbottlewines.com has the 2006 SQN Mr. K Straw Man 375ml...2 for free shipping...*sigh* I'm going to go broke today if they keep this up. In for 2...

Thankfully, I have one of those. I should have grabbed the 3 pack! Damn it!!!!!

loveladyelectric

kylemittskus wrote:Thankfully, I have one of those. I should have grabbed the 3 pack! Damn it!!!!!

You can have mine for $500

tytiger58

quality posts: 74 Private Messages tytiger58
kylemittskus wrote:Thankfully, I have one of those. I should have grabbed the 3 pack! Damn it!!!!!

You can have one of mine for $498

What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch? ~ W. C. Fields

“Freedom is something that dies unless it's used” Hunter S Thompson

loveladyelectric

tytiger58 wrote:You can have one of mine for $498

Capitalism! $495.99

:P

I'll throw in free shipping on one or more.

kylemittskus

tytiger58 wrote:You can have one of mine for $498

You bought it too? That's it!!! I'm robbing one of you.