loveladyelectric


quality posts: 23 Private Messages loveladyelectric
bdlsmoran wrote:vitis.com has Erna Shine Syrah 2005 up for $34.99 with free shipping. Add promo code FRNDVITIS to bring it down to $24.99 shipped



Thanks for the link. How long is the FRNDVITIS coupon good?

loveladyelectric


quality posts: 23 Private Messages loveladyelectric
loveladyelectric wrote:Thanks for the link. How long is the FRNDVITIS coupon good?



Nevermind that. I bit on 3 of the nebbiolo for $45. I told myself I needed to try more Italian wines, so $15/bottle seems like a decent start.

trevindalton


quality posts: 0 Private Messages trevindalton

The twice-yearly Diageo Friends and Family wine sale is nearly over and they are clearing out some stock at insane prices. For instance today only you can get a case of 2010 Chalone Estate Chardonnay for 78 bucks a case (retails for about 20 a bottle), or a case of 2009 BV Beaurouge blend for 98 a case (retails for about 30 a bottle). The shipping is cost prohibitive if you don't spend 199.00, then it is free. Some states do limit how many cases of each brand you can order at once. For instance, I ship to DC and they only allow 1 case per month, per brand. I ordered a case of each and then threw in a Rosenblum 6 bottle mix for 40 bucks to push me over the 200 mark. If you are interested in the deal, shoot me a direct message and I'll provide my buddies information so you can log-in to take advantage.

redwinefan


quality posts: 74 Private Messages redwinefan

The Anaba 2010 Sonoma Coast Pinot Sun Chase Vineyard on WTCO for $25 looks interesting. Has some good notes from PrinceofPinot too.

Going in for two bottles I think.

"You need to invest in a corkscrew. Wine is for drinking." -- Peter Wellington

redwinefan


quality posts: 74 Private Messages redwinefan
trevindalton wrote:The twice-yearly Diageo Friends and Family wine sale is nearly over and they are clearing out some stock at insane prices. For instance today only you can get a case of 2010 Chalone Estate Chardonnay for 78 bucks a case (retails for about 20 a bottle), or a case of 2009 BV Beaurouge blend for 98 a case (retails for about 30 a bottle). The shipping is cost prohibitive if you don't spend 199.00, then it is free. Some states do limit how many cases of each brand you can order at once. For instance, I ship to DC and they only allow 1 case per month, per brand. I ordered a case of each and then threw in a Rosenblum 6 bottle mix for 40 bucks to push me over the 200 mark. If you are interested in the deal, shoot me a direct message and I'll provide my buddies information so you can log-in to take advantage.



The last thing I needed was two more cases of wine, but I went in on this anyhow. Seems like a great deal.

Anyone in Austin want to split these, please let me know.

"You need to invest in a corkscrew. Wine is for drinking." -- Peter Wellington

coynedj


quality posts: 7 Private Messages coynedj
trevindalton wrote:The twice-yearly Diageo Friends and Family wine sale is nearly over and they are clearing out some stock at insane prices. For instance today only you can get a case of 2010 Chalone Estate Chardonnay for 78 bucks a case (retails for about 20 a bottle), or a case of 2009 BV Beaurouge blend for 98 a case (retails for about 30 a bottle). The shipping is cost prohibitive if you don't spend 199.00, then it is free. Some states do limit how many cases of each brand you can order at once. For instance, I ship to DC and they only allow 1 case per month, per brand. I ordered a case of each and then threw in a Rosenblum 6 bottle mix for 40 bucks to push me over the 200 mark. If you are interested in the deal, shoot me a direct message and I'll provide my buddies information so you can log-in to take advantage.



This is the kind of thing that makes me ask why I live in a retrograde state like South Dakota. I'm not sure I can ask a wootlegger to take a few cases for me, though I must admit that I really really really don't need to buy any more wine.

I started out on Burgundy but soon hit the harder stuff. Bob Dylan, Just Like Tom Thumb's Blues

How on earth did I get 7 QPs?

bsevern


quality posts: 109 Private Messages bsevern
redwinefan wrote:The last thing I needed was two more cases of wine, but I went in on this anyhow. Seems like a great deal.

Anyone in Austin want to split these, please let me know.



Very tempted to go in on the BV, but like you, I do not need two more cases of wine....but still



rjquillin


quality posts: 170 Private Messages rjquillin
bsevern wrote:Very tempted to go in on the BV, but like you, I do not need two more cases of wine....but still

That Georges de Latour for under $56/btl is looking mighty fine. Does one need to purchase two cases, or just spend $200 for FS? Six bottles I've got, or will find, room for.

CT

redwinefan


quality posts: 74 Private Messages redwinefan
rjquillin wrote:That Georges de Latour for under $56/btl is looking mighty fine. Does one need to purchase two cases, or just spend $200 for FS? Six bottles I've got, or will find, room for.



Yes, that one does sound like a good deal. You just need to purchase over $200 to get free shipping.

"You need to invest in a corkscrew. Wine is for drinking." -- Peter Wellington

bsevern


quality posts: 109 Private Messages bsevern

Anyone local want to split on the Vitis Tallulah 'Del Rio Vineyard' Syrah 2005, $17.99/bottle - $10 coupon = $61.96 or $15.50/bottle.

CAGrl


quality posts: 13 Private Messages CAGrl
bsevern wrote:Anyone local want to split on the Vitis Tallulah 'Del Rio Vineyard' Syrah 2005, $17.99/bottle - $10 coupon = $61.96 or $15.50/bottle.


I'm game.

bsevern


quality posts: 109 Private Messages bsevern
CAGrl wrote:I'm game.



Sorry it's already snapped up.... I won't mention any names though

rjquillin


quality posts: 170 Private Messages rjquillin
bsevern wrote:Sorry it's already snapped up.... I won't mention any names though

Ha, not ~all~ of it was, but I see what you did...

CT

bsevern


quality posts: 109 Private Messages bsevern
rjquillin wrote:Ha, not ~all~ of it was, but I see what you did...



I only went in on four bottles for the split....another forumite snagged them.

I haven't had a lot of experience with Tallulah wines, I believe I've tried just one bottle of their juice.

I know Mike's stuff is a woot favorite, and for single vineyard OR aged Syrah, $15.50/bottle seemed reasonable. I have some of their 2006 & 2007 Napa Mt Veeder Syrah, but haven't popped a bottle yet.

CAGrl


quality posts: 13 Private Messages CAGrl
bsevern wrote:I only went in on four bottles for the split....another forumite snagged them.

I haven't had a lot of experience with Tallulah wines, I believe I've tried just one bottle of their juice.

I know Mike's stuff is a woot favorite, and for single vineyard OR aged Syrah, $15.50/bottle seemed reasonable. I have some of their 2006 & 2007 Napa Mt Veeder Syrah, but haven't popped a bottle yet.


I've never had Tallulah either.

cmaldoon


quality posts: 62 Private Messages cmaldoon
CAGrl wrote: I've never had Tallulah either.



Had one on Sunday night (Bald Mt Ranch). Second to last bottle in my stash. Never a bad buy sub $20 IMHO

2014 - 20 Btl. Fjellene (10 bot), Urraca Chard (10 bot)
Last purchase: 5/3/14

2013 - 75 btl. 2012 - 98 btl. 2011 - 112 btl. 2010 - 30 btl.
My Cellar

jawlz


quality posts: 12 Private Messages jawlz

It is probably too late to be of any use to anybody, but my Buena Vista Pinots from the Boisset sale came today, and the RPM purists will be happy to note that they use an old fashioned cork to seal the bottle.

bud8jr


quality posts: 0 Private Messages bud8jr
cmaldoon wrote:Had one on Sunday night (Bald Mt Ranch). Never a bad buy sub $20 IMHO



Had a few diff online offers recently. $18 for the current offer is good. Dont want to ship in the summer across the country.



klezman


quality posts: 119 Private Messages klezman
rjquillin wrote:That Georges de Latour for under $56/btl is looking mighty fine. Does one need to purchase two cases, or just spend $200 for FS? Six bottles I've got, or will find, room for.



Which vintage? I may be willing to help with a bottle or two for that price.

2014: 28 bottles. Last wine.woot: Scott Harvey Red Re-Mix
2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

rjquillin


quality posts: 170 Private Messages rjquillin
klezman wrote:Which vintage? I may be willing to help with a bottle or two for that price.


2008

CT

redwinefan


quality posts: 74 Private Messages redwinefan

I'm waiting for the Tallulah Stagecoach Syrah to pop back up. I really enjoyed that one, and I've missed it the last few times it has appeared on WTSO.

If it shows up at $20 again, I suggest buying it all day long.

"You need to invest in a corkscrew. Wine is for drinking." -- Peter Wellington

wnance


quality posts: 4 Private Messages wnance

Yes!

jawlz wrote:It is probably too late to be of any use to anybody, but my Buena Vista Pinots from the Boisset sale came today, and the RPM purists will be happy to note that they use and old fashioned cork to seal the bottle.



mbuffy


quality posts: 3 Private Messages mbuffy

Just to confirm, on the Diageo sale, the 6 bottles of 2008 BV Georges de Latour do qualify for free ground shipping because the total is over $199.

They did add sales tax for Texas though, making it a little bit less of a good deal, but I still bit on it last night. Even with tax, the price per bottle still beat, by a good amount, the 'deal' I got on the 2009 vintage from WTSO.

trifecta


quality posts: 69 Private Messages trifecta

Meyer Family Port is back up on Invino for those interested in the Holiday Shop. I remember reading lots of folks liked it.

28.99 a bottle. Just one bottle qualifies for $5 ground shipping in Cali, $10 elsewhere.


Also a good deal on a solid red blend on WTSO. Anaba has really nice Pinots and Chards as well as Rhone's. I am pretty sure I have tasted the 2009 Coriel in the tasting room and really liked it, but didn't like the retail price.

North316


quality posts: 107 Private Messages North316
trifecta wrote:Meyer Family Port is back up on Invino for those interested in the Holiday Shop. I remember reading lots of folks liked it.

28.99 a bottle. Just one bottle qualifies for $5 ground shipping in Cali, $10 elsewhere.



Love the stuff, but have a hard time paying $29 a bottle when it was $22.50 in its woot days and half the shipping cost (I'm in the elswhere category).

My CT
"Trust your homies on the net", Clark Smith.
R.I.P. Inkycatz - Feb. 2013

mommadeb1


quality posts: 17 Private Messages mommadeb1
CAGrl wrote: I've never had Tallulah either.



I am hoping more shows up here....LOVE it!!

rjquillin


quality posts: 170 Private Messages rjquillin
trifecta wrote:Meyer Family Port is back up on Invino for those interested in the Holiday Shop. I remember reading lots of folks liked it.

28.99 a bottle. Just one bottle qualifies for $5 ground shipping in Cali, $10 elsewhere.

Grabbed a couple of these from Wine Bid for $10/btl. Stupid me I didn't grab them all.

CT

chipgreen


quality posts: 179 Private Messages chipgreen

2010 Ridgeline Vineyards Cab Sauv back on WTSO for $18.99/bottle. "This will be the final vintage of Ridgeline before it is being taken over by Duckhorn winery".

jmdavidson


quality posts: 54 Private Messages jmdavidson

LB currently has for $18 a bottle, 2006 Spelletich Merlot Reserve Napa Valley. Anyone have any experience with their wines or more importantly this one?

cmaldoon


quality posts: 62 Private Messages cmaldoon
jmdavidson wrote:LB currently has for $18 a bottle, 2006 Spelletich Merlot Reserve Napa Valley. Anyone have any experience with their wines or more importantly this one?



Or did anyone notice that they are falsely claiming over 60% off on it? $24 off of $42 is not 60%. Heck, at a dollar cheaper it STILL wouldn't be over 60% off.

2014 - 20 Btl. Fjellene (10 bot), Urraca Chard (10 bot)
Last purchase: 5/3/14

2013 - 75 btl. 2012 - 98 btl. 2011 - 112 btl. 2010 - 30 btl.
My Cellar

jmdavidson


quality posts: 54 Private Messages jmdavidson
cmaldoon wrote:Or did anyone notice that they are falsely claiming over 60% off on it? $24 off of $42 is not 60%. Heck, at a dollar cheaper it STILL wouldn't be over 60% off.



Ok, so it's not 60%. Wine searcher has for about $35 - $40. So, $18 for a wine that has aged since 2006 has my attention. The flavor profiles sound interesting as well:
Beautiful big aromatics jump out of the glass backed by luscious black fruit. Also a big mouth full of juicy goodness with a hint of black pepper and with some power and excellent balance. It will age up to 15 years.
Classic hints of plum and leather with a soft finish. I usually go with Pinot Noir when it comes to salmon but this could be a contender.
A luscious well ripened, very appealing Merlot with its big black bing cherry, plum, liquorish and rich lingering chocolate finish. A great Merlot to pair nicely with slow braised meats and lavender spiced grilled vegetables.
This was a great Merlot. It had nice tannins and almost a smokey quality. It was pretty soft and smooth like most Merlots; but went with a lot of foods because of this.
Back to the original question: Anyone tried anything by Spelletich?

rjquillin


quality posts: 170 Private Messages rjquillin
jmdavidson wrote:LB currently has for $18 a bottle, 2006 Spelletich Merlot Reserve Napa Valley. Anyone have any experience with their wines or more importantly this one?

I know you're not local, but I'd take two or three if any west coasters are interested. Good value compared to CT pricing if it's only decent.

CT

bsevern


quality posts: 109 Private Messages bsevern
jmdavidson wrote:LB currently has for $18 a bottle, 2006 Spelletich Merlot Reserve Napa Valley. Anyone have any experience with their wines or more importantly this one?



I wouldn't mind a couple of bottles of this if someone in the south bay wants to do a split???

mbuffy


quality posts: 3 Private Messages mbuffy
jmdavidson wrote:LB currently has for $18 a bottle, 2006 Spelletich Merlot Reserve Napa Valley. Anyone have any experience with their wines or more importantly this one?



I had several Spelletich wines, including this one, at a wine dinner at a restaurant a couple of years ago. Their wines were good quality for the price. And, at $18 a bottle, this really is a good price for this wine.

I liked their wines enough after the wine dinner that I sought them out at my local wine merchant and bought a few bottles.

rjquillin


quality posts: 170 Private Messages rjquillin

Any thoughts on the 2006 C.G. di Arie Zinfandel Southern Exposure direct email offer of these for ~$17.50/btl + $10 shipping?

A number of wooters have left CT notes.

CT

bsevern


quality posts: 109 Private Messages bsevern
rjquillin wrote:Any thoughts on the 2006 C.G. di Arie Zinfandel Southern Exposure direct email offer of these for ~$17.50/btl + $10 shipping?

A number of wooters have left CT notes.



I have a bottle of that particular C.G. di Arie Zin, but haven't tried it.

I recently consumed a bottle of
2006 C.G. di Arie Primitivo Block 4 Estate Grown, and it was outstanding.



losthighwayz


quality posts: 58 Private Messages losthighwayz
rjquillin wrote:Any thoughts on the 2006 C.G. di Arie Zinfandel Southern Exposure direct email offer of these for ~$17.50/btl + $10 shipping?

A number of wooters have left CT notes.



Grandpere vineyards fruit! Partly, at least

"The older I get the better I was"

rjquillin


quality posts: 170 Private Messages rjquillin
losthighwayz wrote:Grandpere vineyards fruit! Partly, at least

Yes, based on all the historical reading from earlier, I would think some may well be. Half and full case lots; splitz?

CT

redwinefan


quality posts: 74 Private Messages redwinefan

If anyone went in on the Diageo sale, I'd recommend double checking your Credit Card statements and looking to see if they've sent you additional emails.

Somehow they managed to modify my order after it had been placed and confirmed to charge me higher prices on the cases. I've been on the phone with them for 20 mins trying to resolve this.

"You need to invest in a corkscrew. Wine is for drinking." -- Peter Wellington

kylemittskus


quality posts: 229 Private Messages kylemittskus
redwinefan wrote:If anyone went in on the Diageo sale, I'd recommend double checking your Credit Card statements and looking to see if they've sent you additional emails.

Somehow they managed to modify my order after it had been placed and confirmed to charge me higher prices on the cases. I've been on the phone with them for 20 mins trying to resolve this.



Uh oh!

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen