loveladyelectric

quality posts: 23 Private Messages loveladyelectric
kylemittskus wrote:Yep. A 375 ml of Mr. K. for the bargain price of $109 + tax. Ouch!!!!! It came from LB during the marathon. It is the prize of my cellar and the death of me if SWMBO finds out.

I didn't know about the Mr. K stuff until recently, otherwise I would have snatched it up. The local wine bar has two bottles of 2005 SQN Atlantis grenache for $299 each.

kylemittskus

quality posts: 230 Private Messages kylemittskus
loveladyelectric wrote:I didn't know about the Mr. K stuff until recently, otherwise I would have snatched it up. The local wine bar has two bottles of 2005 SQN Atlantis grenache for $299 each.

Yikes! 3x release price. I'm on the wait list which means Ill get an allocation by the time he's no longer making wine.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

rjquillin

quality posts: 174 Private Messages rjquillin
bsevern wrote:Considering getting three cases from the Boisset Family Estates sale.

Might have extra 2000 Raymond Napa Reserve Merlot, and 2006 DeLoach Le Roi Pinot for anyone local.

This Boisset thing may be yet another of a million pin pricks, but the way it keeps getting chatter I keep getting tempted to add more of 2006 BV PN I already have, and some others, but yes, $32/case does slow it down a bit.

The Raymond Merlot looks gone, and I've not had DeLoach but it looks like their entry level.

CT thinks the BV PN it's at the end, yeah, CT. For those that have had one recently, how long?
And like Klez, what's the BV Chard like?
Arrrgh, why do I haunt this tread as well..
Ah, SQN, that's it!

CT

bsevern

quality posts: 109 Private Messages bsevern
rjquillin wrote:This Boisset thing may be yet another of a million pin pricks, but the way it keeps getting chatter I keep getting tempted to add more of 2006 BV PN I already have, and some others, but yes, $32/case does slow it down a bit.

The Raymond Merlot looks gone, and I've not had DeLoach but it looks like their entry level.

CT thinks the BV PN it's at the end, yeah, CT. For those that have had one recently, how long?
And like Klez, what's the BV Chard like?
Arrrgh, why do I haunt this tread as well..
Ah, SQN, that's it!

The Deloach Sonoma Coast is their entry level, but the RRV Pinot is their $50/bottle good stuff, and with seven years of bottle age, it was a killer deal. Everything is sold out now, but it was all there for the taking last night

wnance

quality posts: 4 Private Messages wnance

Bought a case of the 06 Buena Vista Ramal Pinot to match my case of 07 from Wineshopper last year. Who would have guessed those deals would be possible? I read for years RPM extolling the virtues of these wines and never thought I'd be able to get my hands on any here in NY for under $35/bottle.

Thanks for the heads up on the sale!

bsevern wrote:The Deloach Sonoma Coast is their entry level, but the RRV Pinot is their $50/bottle good stuff, and with seven years of bottle age, it was a killer deal. Everything is sold out now, but it was all there for the taking last night

jmdavidson

quality posts: 57 Private Messages jmdavidson

This just posted to fab.com:
Wine Country Connect
Quaffable Keys To The Vineyard
Cut out the middle man between you and vino-topia. Wine Country Connect grants access to the bounty of boutique and high-end wineries, so you can go from zero to swirl and sip with ease. Spanning whites, reds, and bubblies, these carefully chosen collections deserve their own toast. Dare we say: it was fer-meant to be.
Here are a few of their offers.
(2) 2007 Pine Ridge, Howell Mtn CS for $135
(2) 2008 Pine Ridge, Oakville, CS for $113
(3) 2010 Raised By Wolves Malbec for $58
(3) 2008 Broc Cellars Grenache for $60
(4) 2009 Swami PN for $50

redwinefan

quality posts: 74 Private Messages redwinefan
jmdavidson wrote:This just posted to fab.com:
Wine Country Connect
Cut out the middle man between you and vino-topia. Wine Country Connect grants access to the bounty of boutique and high-end wineries, so you can go from zero to swirl and sip with ease. Spanning whites, reds, and bubblies, these carefully chosen collections deserve their own toast. Dare we say: it was fer-meant to be.

Interesting. Fab adds a $10 handling fee + whatever shipping fee you are charged (about $9 for me on one of the True Grit PS).

Good to see WCC getting some new partners.

"You need to invest in a corkscrew. Wine is for drinking." -- Peter Wellington

cortot20

quality posts: 142 Private Messages cortot20
jmdavidson wrote:This just posted to fab.com:
Wine Country Connect

Theres some interesting stuff there, including wines never seen here. Interesting..............

CT

rjquillin

redwinefan wrote:Interesting. Fab adds a $10 handling fee + whatever shipping fee you are charged (about $9 for me on one of the True Grit PS).

Good to see WCC getting some new partners.

WCC has been working with RueLaLa for some time now, and, from the timing of promotional emails, it appears Rue and Fab may now be one-in-the-same, hence wine on Fab.

CT

hesnctrl

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hesnctrl

Some of you may be familiar with the 2005 Sans Permis 'La Petite Colline'. JJ Buckley had it for $8.99 ($19.99 reg). At that price, it's an insane QPR. Their Fab Friday price today is $6.99!

You'll have to pay shipping, but for those in the bay area, you're in luck.

https://www.jjbuckley.com/p~2005~14737~750

rjquillin

hesnctrl wrote:Some of you may be familiar with the 2005 Sans Permis 'La Petite Colline'. JJ Buckley had it for $8.99 ($19.99 reg). At that price, it's an insane QPR. Their Fab Friday price today is $6.99!

Put six in the cart and it's still $8.99; say what?

CT

moondigger

quality posts: 11 Private Messages moondigger
rjquillin wrote:Put six in the cart and it's still $8.99; say what?

They're working on fixing that, supposedly.

kaolis

quality posts: 27 Private Messages kaolis
hesnctrl wrote:Some of you may be familiar with the 2005 Sans Permis 'La Petite Colline'. JJ Buckley had it for $8.99 ($19.99 reg). At that price, it's an insane QPR. Their Fab Friday price today is $6.99!

Bought the 2006 at LB for about $12. Anyone had both vintages? I like the '06.

hesnctrl

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hesnctrl
moondigger wrote:They're working on fixing that, supposedly.

The price in my cart is showing up correctly. Perhaps its fixed...

moondigger

hesnctrl wrote:The price in my cart is showing up correctly. Perhaps its fixed...

Yes, it appears to be fixed now.

bsevern

wnance wrote:I read for years RPM extolling the virtues of these wines and never thought I'd be able to get my hands on any here in NY for under $35/bottle.

Thanks for the heads up on the sale!

Yes but RPM will poo poo this one, because it uses a screw cap. IMHO there's so little risk given the price, that I doubt the screw cap will be an issue

rjquillin

bsevern wrote:Yes but RPM will poo poo this one, because it uses a screw cap. IMHO there's so little risk given the price, that I doubt the screw cap will be an issue

So does this indicate you'll be making a trip to Buckley?

CT

bsevern

rjquillin wrote:So does this indicate you'll be making a trip to Buckley?

????

wnance

quality posts: 4 Private Messages wnance

Are these 2006's screw caps as well? I know that Buena Vista switched over during 2006, and some were cork and some were stelvin.

My 2007's are all stelvin, and the couple bottles I've tried have been fabulous. Works for me!

bsevern wrote:Yes but RPM will poo poo this one, because it uses a screw cap. IMHO there's so little risk given the price, that I doubt the screw cap will be an issue

rjquillin

bsevern wrote:IMHO there's so little risk given the price, that I doubt the screw cap will be an issue

So does this indicate you'll be making a trip to Buckley?

bsevern wrote:????

Was just wondering if, by your comment, you'd be purchasing and perhaps picking up rather than having it shipped.

CT

trifecta

quality posts: 72 Private Messages trifecta
rjquillin wrote:So does this indicate you'll be making a trip to Buckley?

I am. I picked up 6 and had it held for pickup. Only bummer is no weekend hours and only open 9-5. $7.50 after tax for a decent Rhone blend. Wish this had come up sooner, would have grabbed it for a buddies wedding.

rjquillin

trifecta wrote:I am. I picked up 6 and had it held for pickup. Only bummer is no weekend hours and only open 9-5. $7.50 after tax for a decent Rhone blend. Wish this had come up sooner, would have grabbed it for a buddies wedding.

Send me an invite for some credit?

CT

trifecta

quality posts: 72 Private Messages trifecta
rjquillin wrote:Send me an invite for some credit?

I don't think they have anything like that.

rjquillin

trifecta wrote:I don't think they have anything like that.

http://www.jjbuckley.com/referral-program/i~491

$25 bones each

CT

jmdavidson

quality posts: 57 Private Messages jmdavidson

Anyone in the Chicago area going to this event?
Wines of Portugal 2013 Annual Grand Tasting. Tuesday, May 7, 2013 from 5:30 PM to 8:00 PM (CDT). PM me. I was hoping that maybe some other wine wooters would be there. I also know a half price code ($75/$37.50).

joed10303

quality posts: 0 Private Messages joed10303

Gauthier zin back on WTSO $16.99 ea free ship on 4.

kylemittskus

quality posts: 230 Private Messages kylemittskus
joed10303 wrote:Gauthier zin back on WTSO $16.99 ea free ship on 4.

Think they're watching wine.woot...?

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

cortot20

quality posts: 142 Private Messages cortot20
kylemittskus wrote:Think they're watching wine.woot...?

This is hilarious. I was actually tempted to buy at that price but then remembered I was going on vacation soon and had no room for additional wine.

CT

Deezy2

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Deezy2

Chuckles @ WTSO. Coincidence?.. I think not.

moondigger

cortot20 wrote:This is hilarious. I was actually tempted to buy at that price but then remembered I was going on vacation soon and had no room for additional wine.

I had a similar reaction. I put two bottles in my cart at WTSO, and then reconsidered. Nothing in the CT notes or those posted here seems all that compelling. Plus, I'm out of temperature-controlled storage space, and still have a bunch of Zin waiting to be consumed. Scott Harvey, Inspiration Vineyards, Seghesio, Ridge. More that I'm not remembering right now. I really don't need any of this one, even at WTSO's price.

rjquillin

moondigger wrote:I had a similar reaction. I put two bottles in my cart at WTSO, and then reconsidered. Nothing in the CT notes or those posted here seems all that compelling. Plus, I'm out of temperature-controlled storage space, and still have a bunch of Zin waiting to be consumed. Scott Harvey, Inspiration Vineyards, Seghesio, Ridge. More that I'm not remembering right now. I really don't need any of this one, even at WTSO's price.

We had this last night at SoCal #25, the pasta thing, and comments I heard, and agreed with, were a good $15 bottle.

CT

noslensj

quality posts: 42 Private Messages noslensj
moondigger wrote:I had a similar reaction. I put two bottles in my cart at WTSO, and then reconsidered. Nothing in the CT notes or those posted here seems all that compelling.

I really don't need any of this one, even at WTSO's price.

I had a similar reaction. I thought about buying some, but then I figured that if I didn't find it compelling during the previous WTSO offer, why would I find it more compelling now? There was nothing to indicate that I had previously passed up a great deal, so what is different now (beyond the fact that it was offered someplace else at a higher price).

chipgreen

quality posts: 189 Private Messages chipgreen

But, but.... it's going to be scored a 90 in WE! And Miley Cyrus is #1 in the Maxim Hot 100!

redwinefan

quality posts: 74 Private Messages redwinefan
chipgreen wrote:But, but.... it's going to be scored a 90 in WE! And Miley Cyrus is #1 in the Maxim Hot 100!

I bet this wine is more deserving of that 90 than Miley is of the #1.

"You need to invest in a corkscrew. Wine is for drinking." -- Peter Wellington

loveladyelectric

chipgreen wrote:But, but.... it's going to be scored a 90 in WE! And Miley Cyrus is #1 in the Maxim Hot 100!

I guess I underestimated how many women "read" Maxim.

bdlsmoran

quality posts: 2 Private Messages bdlsmoran

vitis.com has Erna Shine Syrah 2005 up for $34.99 with free shipping. Add promo code FRNDVITIS to bring it down to $24.99 shipped

loveladyelectric

bdlsmoran wrote:vitis.com has Erna Shine Syrah 2005 up for $34.99 with free shipping. Add promo code FRNDVITIS to bring it down to $24.99 shipped

Will you invite me to join? I think I'm going to bite on this one.

EDIT: Also, it's $11 shipping unless you buy two, so it's still $36 shipped with the code. $60 for two, shipped.

bdlsmoran

quality posts: 2 Private Messages bdlsmoran
loveladyelectric wrote:Will you invite me to join? I think I'm going to bite on this one.

EDIT: Also, it's $11 shipping unless you buy two, so it's still $36 shipped with the code. $60 for two, shipped.

I must have got in early, I was able to get one shipped. For some reason I cannot PM, here is my link. It will get you another $5.00 off http://vitis.750code.com/invite/eb815a904260b1715097.html

rjquillin

trifecta wrote:I don't think they have anything like that.

PM for ya.

CT

Deezy2

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Deezy2
bdlsmoran wrote:vitis.com has Erna Shine Syrah 2005 up for $34.99 with free shipping. Add promo code FRNDVITIS to bring it down to $24.99 shipped

I got in on this deal earlier.. thanks. Could have gotten you 20 bucks, but I didn't notice 'refer your friends' until after the fact.